• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, they just removed the bombs from her body.

idk, maybe Dr. Gero [sic] just made her with the requisite parts. I mean he did have the technology to make Cell, which was a lifeform, so assuming Android 18 is humanlike isn't far off either.

On the other hand, who gives a ****.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Nice. I got stuck on the Cosmic Luigi races and haven't really touched the game since Brawl came out. I have ~110 stars for Weegee and 120 for Mario.
Do you use the startoff boost you get at the beginning of the races?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Try secret agent man stunts and wall jumps.

EDIT: Atomsk, people suck at the MK matchup. I'm bad at it too.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
not to mention akira ***** pretty hard.

also, ive noticed that in japanese matches tend to follow matchups very closely, almost to the letter.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
CO18 seems decent at it.

I don't like any of the Japanese Dededes tbh.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I showed m2k that video and his response was

WHAT?!?!?! A japanese MK that doesn't make my eyes bleed?!?!?!

CO18

Smash Hero
9b is HORRIBLE vs Mk Lmao. Ive been watchin him vs akira. He gets ***** most of them but I have to admit akiras really good.
Nvm I wont say horrible becuz Akiras style is ***** wierd I couldnt predict half the stuff he was gonna do like I can almost everything another mk does. Theyre both legit, I wanna play japan.

9bs good vs snake and pika though, then he had some footstool comb using diddys banana vs gano. But nagahari beat him pretty bad on fd though nagahari is pretty beastly too.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
But it's so quiet... o_O and it feel's empty.

Not really, but there is always something missing from it.

CO18

Smash Hero
Also @ atomsk although 9b prob isnt 2nd best ddd, weve both got 2 stocked by mks before so I dunno how that video would prove that lol.

Its impossible to not get 2 stocked by mk occasionally regardless of char.

Tekk

Smash Lord
Isn't 9B.....That Supercampy snake ?Who seems to only play with super campyfalco or super campyrob ?

By the way next summer I may spend my hollydays in the USA, with my family...That's not sure yet, and I still don't know where we would stay, but I'd like to meet some american smasher !

And Kaos, who is in the top3 european best players, IS coming to the USA next summer, for sure I think.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I didn't take the time to watch him vs any Diddys.

Holy ****, has anyone seen CRASHiC?

I'm still here man. I work on the hollidays. Plus, my life has basically turned to **** last night. (its not Dee related). My father had spent like, 5 ****ing months telling me how I need to be patient and things will work out for the better, that we are just in a hard time right now, and then he goes and threatens us with abandoning us. What is that ****. Not to mention my musical future is incredibly shaky since I had to move and abandon my musical scholarship 6 months ago because of him. Essentially, my life has no direction now, and I've no idea where to go from here. All I can do is continue to work on my album and pray I get signed. **** sucks for me right now.

On a lighter note- Dee says if she could be an animal she would be a penguin.

Jupz

Smash Master
That sucks Crashic :( Hope it gets better soon.

Also on a lighter note, hows the avvy? Waddle *****es doin the housework for the king.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Like the Avatar Jupz. Gotta love the Waddles, so eager to help!
CRASHman, hope things work out for you. Sounds really rough.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm glad that I'm so loved by a random assemblage of penguin-loving gamers from around the world that they miss me when I'm not around! It's so wonderful and not even a little bit sketchy!!! XD
Seriously though, this place is fun.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
D3 is a great doubles partners. His grabs are great set ups. People just don't like that he's fat and gets in the way when used by an unskilled player.
So .Zip are we going to Pound together or what?

Jupz

Smash Master
Crashic the . in zips name is at the back not the front lol. You made him seem like some type of computer file.

Also D3 is amazing in teams if you play defensively, stick to one side, use Bair and grabs alot.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Also @ atomsk although 9b prob isnt 2nd best ddd, weve both got 2 stocked by mks before so I dunno how that video would prove that lol.

Its impossible to not get 2 stocked by mk occasionally regardless of char.
YO @ pound lets MM your mk vs my ganon XD

Crashic the . in zips name is at the back not the front lol. You made him seem like some type of computer file.

Also D3 is amazing in teams if you play defensively, stick to one side, use Bair and grabs alot.
I don't play ddd like that at all in teams XD. I just run people over.

Jupz

Smash Master
Oh lol. Well I do and it seems to work for me. I usually end up getting in my teamates way (my teammate is a MK) if I run in and **** around lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Did someone say moar pokemon discussion?

I made a team with Shuckle in it yesterday.

lolololol (Shuckle) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/56 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
---
Skank Ho (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP/252 Def/12 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
---
War Machine (Forretress) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/20 Atk/120 Def/116 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
---
Blow Me (Rotom-s) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Confuse Ray
- Air Slash
- Shadow Ball
---
Alby (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/144 Def/112 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic
---
Iron Man (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
---

SubChamp is a problem but if I can set up on it with Rotom's ParaFusion or FlinchFusion before he gets a sub up it can do a lot. Other than that and Flygon against the non-Ice Punch builds or breaking the sub somehow and Exploding on it, you're right, I don't have much of a solution to it. Without it though, each of the other things you mentioned (Heracross, Azelf, Heatran, Crocune) I can deal with fine. Heracross can be killed by Flygon, Heatran (which outspeeds even Scarf builds), Rotom, or an Explosion. Azelf can be dealt with using Rotom, Forretress, Heatran, or even Blissey if I can predict when the Explosion will be and prepare for it. Heatran can be killed by Blissey (unless it's physical or they predict it with Explosion), Flygon, and my own Heatran. Crocune s a problem and 90% of the time I do end up having to use Blissey to deal with it. This does give me a vulnerability to Machamp/Infernape/etc. but aside from the sub builds (and even those Blissey can BoltBeam the subs to get rid of them and stall until they have to use Dynamicpunch) you can just predict the fighting attack and switch to Rotom to nullify it and put them up against Confusion, Flinching, and a flying attack later on. And anyway, I can always explode Heatran or Forretress to at least put a huge dent in them (If it's gotten hit by enough entry hazards it'll kill them) and force them to Rest, effectively eliminating it for 2+ turns. Metagross and Scizor are threats but can be dealt with. And lol, nobody uses Snorlax (but if they did I'd just use Flygon against it).

I've done the calculations and I'm confident that Timid+EQ+Flamethrower is the right decision on Flygon. Even with a +attack nature, Fire Punch just doesn't do as much damage as Flamethrower, and even with a -attack nature, Earth Power doesn't do as much as Earthquake. Flamethrower damage is also more important than EQ since it hits more of the threats to my team as a whole, so giving it the advantage is the most sound.

lolololololololololol

Top Bottom