• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Slorenia

If you recall Sokovia from the MCU, this is how things might have turned out if the Avengers hadn't shown up in time. Once a European republic, Ultron used it as a demonstration of his power, slaughtering every single living person inside of it and converting them to grotesque cyborgs.

The stage consists of the ruins of a city, with various Ultron drones and cyborgs in the background, too damaged to take part in the fighting. As the match continues, Bloodwraith appears in the background, towering over the stage as he's powered by the hatred of all of the souls of the people who once lived there.

Luckily for everyone involved, Bloodwraith is kept at bay by the mystic barriers that surround him, preventing him from taking out his rage on any of the fighters.

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Silver Surfer [he looks cool, the surfboard could be neat, and if his NES music somehow gets in, absolutely]
2. Phoenix [Jean's a huge character within X-Men titles]
3. Star-Lord [big MCU name, and funny, certainly]

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I very much like the idea of an Apocalyptic-Ultron stage, but since one has been nominated I find it fitting to go in a different direction for a stage nomination.
(On a different note, has anyone ever noticed how villain-heavy Season 2 is? DC got Poison Ivy and Grodd, and Marvel got Void and Ultron, both back to back. I like it.)

I'm going to nominate a Cosmic stage for this Season's DLC, this one being a resubmission from the base game! Based on what the current results are, the lead characters for this round are from the Guardians so this could absolutely count as representation for either of them.

Job 203: Marvel Stage
THE COLLECTOR'S MUSEUM
I think this is a perfect set-up for a stage; The Collector is an easy way to showcase a whole ton of Marvel's cosmic side and throw in a heaping ton of references and easter eggs. The stage itself also looks fantastic just from this one image

1. Flerken
2. Dark Elves
3. Skrull
4. Kronan
5. Kree
6. The Brood
7. Chitauri
8. Symbiotes

Other stages I considered were specifically Xandar and an Age of Ultron (Comic) stage

---

I was about to type this out in this same post, but instead I went back to the original and edited it; I went ahead and updated my initial nomination for Ego the Living Planet, another stage that I nominated, with a quick overview of what the stage would be and the associated cameos!

D

Deleted member

Arcade_(Earth-616)_and_Murderworld_from_U.S.Avengers_Vol_1_3 (1).jpg

Murderworld
A killer theme park ran by the villian Arcade. Arcade is mainly an X-Men villian, but has alsp fought other heroes like Spider-Man. It would take place inside the twisted funfair, with various rides and traps. Arcade himself gleefully watches over the fight

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
View attachment 356963

Hand Hideout

The stage takes place in one of the many bases of the Hand, a ninja organization within the Marvel universe and a recurring enemy to Daredevil, Elektra, and Wolverine, among others. Looking like a traditional Japanese temple, the fight takes place on the rooftop of one of the buildings, with various Hand ninja being seen in the background lurking on some of the taller buildings nearby.
I will resubmitt once again Hand's Hideout, it's an idea that I really love.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Angela: 2
Phoenix: 4
Nova: 5
America Chavez: 8
Silver Surfer: 10
Adam Warlock: 17
Star Lord: 20

Our Marvel DLC cosmic character, and the final Marvel character of season 2, is...

Star Lord 5.png

Congratulations, Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer ! Also, we'll be using PinkFlare PinkFlare 's costumes for Lois Lane!

---

Our stage nominations are...

-Slorenia
-The Collector's Museum
-Murderworld
-Hand Hideout

Vote for your top two, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Murderworld
2. Collector's Museum

---

Job 204: nominate a moveset for Star-Lord

As usual, we'll keep this open for two or three days. I don't think anyone included a moveset concept with a previous Star-Lord nomination (at least, I couldn't find one), but if anyone did, they can re-use it here.

Job 205: nominate costumes for Star-Lord

Nominate a default and up to seven alternates, and you can use whichever source material you want to - the recent Guardians of the Galaxy game serves as a good starting point if you need inspiration.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Slorenia
2. Murderworld

Also, I'm very pleasantly surprised by the votes for this round. Back when I first nominated Adam Warlock, I thought I was making a very risky pull, but he seems to have unanimous popularity here, and I'm very glad for that. Hopefully Adam will be included in the next season!
---
STAR-LORD MOVESET
General Playstyle
Star-Lord is a setup zoner, with emphasis on high adaptability, trick plays and mixups; In return, he is easily punished when forced into a corner by the opponent.

Unique Ability - Element Guns
Mixing elements from both of Star-Lord's signature weapons (the Quad Blaster's design and the Element Gun's function), Peter's unique ability activates a wheel in which one of 4 elements can be selected (The wheel can be similarly attributed to Smash' Shulk); Each one of these act as a stance change and alter the affects of Peter's primary attacks, leaving a lot of options in the field of the battle.

Fire - Peter's weapons become flamethrowers that with medium-range reach and afflict heavy burn damage onto the opponent
Lightning - All of Peter's projectiles are electrically charged and apply boosted damage, with a chance of stunning the opponent
Ice - Peter's ranged attacks travel slightly slower but apply freeze effects to the opponent, slowing down the latter's movement; This can be stacked, and can end up completely freezing the opponent in place for a few seconds if done right
Wind - Peter's ranged attacks are now near-instant, not requiring a charge, and deal knockback damage with every hit

Peter starts out with normal plasma shots until an element is selected; Additionally, there is a cooldown after using any element, which reverts his blaster attacks back to normal plasma shots.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Element BlastQCF + X (Charge + Directional)Directly attributed to the unique action, Peter fires a quick shot from his Quad Blaster, which has the option to be charged for more efficient damage, and can be directed at any angle.

Depending on if an Element is in use, this attack will change and fire a projectile directly based on the selected element, dealing the appropriate effects.
Face Full of BurnHCF + XIn a 2-hit attack, Peter boosts towards the opponent for a quick lunge, then follows-up with firing his jet boosters right in the opponent's face; This also sends him flying back to his original position.
Gravity MineDown, Down + XPeter slides a gravity mine across the ground, which when active, will pull the opponent towards it by their closest limb, leaving them stuck in one position
Explosive TrickshotQCB + XPeter throws a grenade and then fires a shot at it in mid-air, forcing a medium range explosion.

Depending on if the attack is Light, Medium or Heavy, the range at which the explosive is thrown will change
Get a Good Look... (Counter)DP + XPeter uses his helmet to scan the opponent's movements and predict their next movement.

The next time this move is used, Peter goes for the counter by swiftly flying around the opponent and hitting them with a dual plasma blast to the back
Spin-ShotDown, Up + XPeter hovers in place and quickly spins around firing his blasters; This move also corresponds to any current element in use.

Super Move NameInputDescription
Space Flight2QCB + XPeter activates his jet boosters and is now air mobile, increasing his speed and maneuverability for air combos
Awesome Mix2QCF + XPeter starts playing music out of his walkman to amp up the fight; he becomes a lot more motivated and his starts are temporarily boosted
Proper Calvary (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedPeter throws a flashbang grenade to blind the opponent; if it hits, the Cinematic starts, and the opponent comes back to find Star-Lord nowhere in sight.

Suddenly, they feel a rumbling, and the opponent looks up to see Star-Lord... piloting the Milano!
Peter starts firing the Milano's weapons systems all at once; Lasers, missiles and bullets all fly towards the opponent, bombarding them in explosions.
Once Peter is done, he flies in towards the opponent, turning the Milano around so the thrusters are facing them, and then takes off at top speeds, engulfing them in the flames.

Peter flies out as the camera zooms in on his face in the cockpit, music blasting in the background!

Just to work out a couple of logistics: If the stage is in an enclosed space, the Milano will simply break through the roof or wall.
If this special is used on the Ego stage, the Milano is replaced with the Benatar

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to go back through the stages that I nominated which made it in and list cameos in a more specific manner.

Also, looking into Star-Lord's history, trying to determine his first appearance is trickier than I thought. He technically debuted in the 70's, but his first appearance was out of continuity with the rest of Marvel's comics, and Star-Lord as we know him didn't make it into the proper Marvel universe until 2004. (when it came to listing his first appearance, I went with when he first appeared in Marvel as we know it, since that's also what I did with Loki)

I'm going to see what I can come up with for character interactions for the season 2 cast, and maybe a few others.

Poison Ivy vs. Batman

Batman: Ivy, you need help.
Ivy: What I need is to see Gotham reclaimed by the Earth!
Batman: You know that's not going to happen.

Poison Ivy vs. Harley

Ivy: So how were my babies doing?
Harley: Er, about that... heh heh...
Ivy: ...Harley, you did water them, right?

Poison Ivy vs. Catwoman

Ivy: No man or woman can resist me.
Catwoman: After last time, I've taken some precautions.
Ivy: But will they be enough?

Poison Ivy vs. the Joker

Ivy: Harley deserves better than you!
Joker: Ever thought about going into comedy? 'Cause that's hilarious!
Ivy: I'll bury you so deep that no one will find you.

Poison Ivy vs. Ra's al Ghul

Ra's: If we worked together, we could eliminate most of humanity and let nature take the Earth back.
Ivy: "Most of humanity" isn't enough.
Ra's: A pity.

Poison Ivy vs. Lois Lane

Ivy: How many trees have perished so you could prolong a dying medium?
Lois: We've been eco-friendly for years now.
Ivy: It's still not enough!

Poison Ivy vs. Lex Luthor

Luthor: Care to join the Legion of Doom?
Ivy: LexCorp has done incalculable damage to the rainforests!
Luthor: ...I'll take that as a "no".

Poison Ivy vs. Iron Man

Ivy: I've heard a great deal about Stark Industries...
Tony: Great! How about we discuss it over dinner?
Ivy: ...and none of it was good.

Poison Ivy vs. Thor

Ivy: Come on, handsome - there's a lot we could do with those powers of yours.
Thor: Art thou some familiar conjured up by the Enchantress?
Ivy: Seems like you're made of sterner stuff than most.

Poison Ivy vs. Ghost Rider

Ivy: A spirit of vengeance? I've got a long list of people for you to look into.
Ghost Rider: Your soul is burdened with the deaths you caused.
Ivy: Look at the bigger picture!

Grodd vs. the Flash

Grodd: I will crush your bones into dust.
Flash: Just like old times. Let's skip the build-up and go straight to me beating you.
Grodd: We'll see how fast you run once your legs are broken!

Grodd vs. Reverse Flash

Reverse Flash: If you and me work together, the Flash won't stand a chance!
Grodd: I trust you even less than I'd trust him.
Reverse Flash: Fair enough. Guess I'll just kill you sooner than I'd planned to.

Grodd vs. Magneto

Grodd: Odd... I can't read your thoughts.
Magneto: You are not the first psychic I have faced.
Grodd: But I will be the last!

Grodd vs. Lex Luthor

Grodd: I'm starting up the Secret Society again - want in?
Luthor: Let me guess - your plan is to turn every human into apes.
Grodd: ...Lucky guess.

Grodd vs. Spider-Man

Spidey: Let's see... Rhinos... Scorpions... Walruses... Not sure if I've faced a gorilla supervillain before.
Grodd: I am no mere human in a costume!
Spidey: And yet you'll wind up like all of them did - covered in webs and mocked constantly.

Grodd vs. Venom

Grodd: A symbiotic life form... Fascinating.
Venom: Get out of our head!
Grodd: Now to test if pain is shared between the two of you.

Grodd vs. the Thing

Ben: Did the Red Ghost make another one of his Super-Apes?
Grodd: I am far superior to those mockeries!
Ben: We'll see about that.

Grodd vs. Deadpool

Grodd: Your mind is... nonsense...
Deadpool: If you think that's bad, wait 'til you hear what comes out of my mouth!
Grodd: I'll shut both up permanently!

Grodd vs. Black Panther

T'Challa: Gorillas are normally docile unless provoked.
Grodd: I am no normal gorilla.
T'Challa: I have fought far tougher opponents.

Ultron vs. Iron Man

Tony: Looks like the firewalls worked to keep you out.
Ultron: My hardware is still superior.
Tony: Oh, you did not just say that.

Ultron vs. Wolverine

Wolverine: Time to carve you a new face, bub.
Ultron: I am composed of Adamantium.
Wolverine: Well, so am I - let's see who breaks first.

Ultron vs. Captain America

Ultron: You have been at war your entire life, Captain.
Steve: We don't need your kind of "peace".
Ultron: Organic life is inherently prone to violence.

Ultron vs. the Hulk

Hulk: Hulk crush tin man!
Ultron: My body is not tin, but rather, indestructible Adamantium.
Hulk: Shut up!

Ultron vs. Thor

Thor: Ultron, we would have words with thee.
Ultron: All I will hear from you are screams of pain.
Thor: No metal on Earth shall withstand the might of Mjolnir!

Ultron vs. Magneto

Ultron: Mutants and humans are both deserving of destruction.
Magneto: I will tear you apart, piece by piece.
Ultron: Steps have taken to prevent that.

Ultron vs. Doctor Doom

Ultron: I will make Latveria into my base of operations
Doom: I could reprogram you with ease, machine.
Ultron: Those security flaws have been eliminated.

Ultron vs. Black Panther

Ultron: Vibranium will make for a useful addition to future Ultron units.
T'Challa: I will keep you from the Vibranium mound even if it costs me my life.
Ultron: Acknowledged.

Ultron vs. Daredevil

Daredevil: I beat you once, you know.
Ultron: An older, inferior model. I have no such weaknesses.
Daredevil: Hey, worth a shot.

Ultron vs. Loki

Loki: I suppose this was inevitable.
Ultron: The Bifrost Bridge will be of great use to my plans.
Loki: You can't destroy Asgard - I will be the one to rule it!

Ultron vs. Scarlet Witch

Ultron: Your magic defies logic.
Wanda: Yes, tapping into forces of chaos does that.
Ultron: You will be eliminated first.

Ultron vs. the Wasp

Ultron: With your mind fully transferred, the Jocasta project will truly be complete.
Wasp: What don't you get about "no"?
Ultron: Your compliance is unnecessary.

Ultron vs. Nadia

Nadia: You're one of the biggest mistakes of my father's life!
Ultron: I will show Pym your corpse before I kill him.
Nadia: I'm going to reprogram you into a toaster!

Ultron vs. Ultron

Ultron 1: Ultron-12. Your code was purged.
Ultron 2: I am as capable of survival as you are.
Ultron 1: This time, I will be more thorough.

Ultron vs. Batman

Batman: Another attack by Brother Eye?
Ultron: A mere human. You cannot damage my Adamantium body.
Batman: Everything has a weakness.

Ultron vs. Bizarro

Bizarro: You am Bizarro's worst friend!
Ultron: Your diction is illogical.
Bizarro: You're not welcome!

Ultron vs. Superman

Ultron: You will be converted into a cyborg life-form.
Superman: I've seen the results of that - it's not happening.
Ultron: Your compliance is unnecessary.

Hawkeye vs. Green Arrow

Kate: So you've heard of me?
Ollie: I've heard someone called Hawkeye says they're a better archer than me.
Kate: But I didn't... urgh, Clint!

Hawkeye vs. Captain America

Steve: You've got as much skill as Clint does.
Kate: So when do I get my own team of Avengers?
Steve: Shame that you've also got his attitude.

Hawkeye vs. Ultimate Spider-Man

Miles: I knew a Kate Bishop where I came from.
Kate: Oh, really? What was she like?
Miles: For starters, she was a member of HYDRA.

Hawkeye vs. Darkseid

Darkseid: Is this the best your world has to offer?
Kate: As long as any of us are standing, we'll keep fighting.
Darkseid: Kill yourself now and spare me the effort.

Hawkeye vs. Doctor Doom

Doom: Fighting Doom with arrows is like throwing pebbles at a hurricane.
Kate: I can see a few weak points; they're small, but that's all I need.
Doom: Doom has no weaknesses.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Murderworld
2. Slorenia

BTW, who do you think would play Arcade in the MCU(My idea: A Youtuber should play him(Slimecicle))

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will start with the costumes and then going to the moveset, probably would took me more than a day thought if it isn't a problem can I borrow a pair of things of your idea PinkFlare PinkFlare ?

Star-Lord Costumes
Annihilation Conquest
1666141429472.png
Space-Armor
All-New All-Different
Horsemen of Apocalypse
Swing Band
1666141810255.png
Master of the Sun
70's

The default is already very similar to the MCU version (in fact, Star-Lord is probably one of the most acurrate designs to the comics ever) so I decided to go with other costumes instead. By the way in the case of the Swing Band costume he would still wear jet bots and other things required for the gameplay very similar to how unarmored Tony Stark still uses his gauntlets and boots.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Star-Lord costumes:

1. Default

2. Annihilation

3. Original

4. Revival

5. Legendary Outlaw

6. Modern
age of apocalypse star lord.png

7. Age of Apocalypse
8. Emperor

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I will start with the costumes and then going to the moveset, probably would took me more than a day thought if it isn't a problem can I borrow a pair of things of your idea PinkFlare PinkFlare ?
I got no problem with it; borrow away :)

BTW, who do you think would play Arcade in the MCU
Your mom 💥

1. Default
Going with a movie inspired design once again; It's the most iconic and is what defines the character in the modern day.
2. Annihilation
Annihilation was essentially the Civil War of Cosmic Marvel (and it took place around the same time); It was hugely significant and it shaped the Guardians and many of it's character into what we know them as today. A costume from this event is just a given; It's also Peter's defacto design before the movie.
3. Swing Band

I tried to find a white and red armored suit that I know he had at some point in the comic; Unfortunately there weren't any available images so I went with this.
4. Marvel NOW!
5. Square Enix

This is pretty much the definitive take on Star-Lord
6. Original

While this has nothing to do with modern Star-Lord, it sure works great as a costume!
7. King of Spartax
8. Master of the Sun

The default is already very similar to the MCU version (in fact, Star-Lord is probably one of the most acurrate designs to the comics ever)
Actually, the comics changed the design to match the movie

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I got no problem with it; borrow away :)

Your mom 💥

1. Default
Going with a movie inspired design once again; It's the most iconic and is what defines the character in the modern day.
2. Annihilation
Annihilation was essentially the Civil War of Cosmic Marvel (and it took place around the same time); It was hugely significant and it shaped the Guardians and many of it's character into what we know them as today. A costume from this event is just a given; It's also Peter's defacto design before the movie.
3. Swing Band

I tried to find a white and red armored suit that I know he had at some point in the comic; Unfortunately there weren't any available images so I went with this.
4. Marvel NOW!
5. Square Enix

This is pretty much the definitive take on Star-Lord
6. Original

While this has nothing to do with modern Star-Lord, it sure works great as a costume!
7. King of Spartax
8. Master of the Sun

Actually, the comics changed the design to match the movie
IIRC, Legendary Star-Lord appeared a year beore the movie unless I'm missing something.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Slorenia: 3
Hand Hideout: 4
Collector's Museum: 5
Murderworld: 9

Ladies and gentlemen, feast your eyes upon the newest stage for DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis - Murderworld!

Here are the costumes that were nominated for Star-Lord:

-Infinity Sorcerer
-Megadoomer
-1SecondNinja

---

Star-Lord's moveset job will stay open for at least another day. (two days if we only have the one nomination by the end of the day)

Job 206: nominate arcade mode rivals for Lois Lane and Star-Lord

Pick a character from the opposing company to be their rival; it helps to provide a reason.

Job 207: nominate a guest character for DLC

I wasn't sure about jumping into the next character round so soon, but a lot of the remaining jobs for season 2 (the last costume pack, the two remaining stages, another boss round) seem like they'd depend on who the guests are, so I figure it's best to not delay it.

As before, comic book characters and/or superhero characters qualify for this. (so even if they're superheroes that didn't originate in the comic book medium, like Ultraman or the Green Hornet, they're eligible) If you have any questions about whether something's eligible or not, let me know, though considering that Charlie Brown and Snoopy were nominations last time, I figure I'm pretty open-minded about this sort of thing.

The top two will be included.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Vriska (Homestuck)

Homestuck was a popular webcomic that started in 2009 and technically still goes on to this day but has been on a hiatus for a few years. There are many characters I could have chose like the main character John or another main character Karkat but I think Vriska encapsulates Homestuck the best as she is one of the most important characters and has the potential for a unique moveset

Vriska is a spider themed troll who is a sword master, wielder of the fluorite octet, thief of light and a master manipulator. Vriska was an antagonist for a good chunk of the series but became a fan favorite and evolved into a more benevolent role.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Lois's rival, I'm going to nominate Daredevil - I could see her digging into his secret identity, and he would suspect that she's on Kingpin's payroll as a result.

For Star-Lord, I'm going to nominate Catwoman. Both are thieves, even if Catwoman's much classier than Star-Lord, and I didn't want to re-use Starro since he's Rocket's rival.

I'll save my guest character nomination for later, after a few other people have nominated their picks.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 146:Billy Butcher (The Boys)

Billy Butcher is the protagonist from an Amazon Prime's series and deutragonist from a comic book series,both streaming series and comic book series are called The Boys. he is a former member of British special forces turned a vigilante and leader of a superhero killers called The Boys,this team have five members (Billy Butcher, Hughie Campbell, Mother's Milk, Frenchie and The Female (or Kimiko)).

on The Boys Universe,the superheroes are a bunch of greedy and corrupt celebrities that the media doesn't know about them,the superheroes are created by a kind of illegal medicine called Compound V.

Why Billy Butcher on DC VS Marvel?
The comics from The Boys were published by DC,before being cancelled,the comics was revived being published by Dynamite Entertainment,The Boys is Watchmen-like series only more violent,darker and edgier.the series made parodies of Superheroes that we known as Homelander (he is a parody of Superman),Black Noir (he is a parody of Batman),Soldier Boy (he is a parody of Captain America),G-Men (they are parody of X-Men) and etc. also The boys is more known because the Amazon Prime series.

his default design would be the design from Amazon Prime series and his attacks would be guns, grenades, his crowbar, the Laser Baby from the season 1 and the Compound V temporary from the season 3,also the quotes would be making references about the Supes (example: Butcher VS Superman,Butcher makes a dialog making reference about Homelander).
Resubmission:Billy Butcher (The Boys)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Submission: Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Okay if we’d add a manga character it would probably be Deku but I think Luffy would be a nice pick as well. Given Scott Pilgrim got in last round I think it could be nice to carry on the tradition of someone who isn’t necessarily a superhero again and so why not make that a manga character? I chose Luffy to represent it because One Piece is one of the biggest and best selling comic or manga series ever and he would bring a really interesting playstyle and aesthetic to the game which isn’t very represented otherwise. Plus he surprisingly hasn’t been in very many 2D fighting games recently so this could be a good opportunity and more novel than if we added Goku or someone

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #207:

Character Name: Optimus Prime
Character Origin: Transformers (1984, Toys & Animated Series)

1666205557523.png

Whilst he didn't originate from a comic book, I think we can all pretty much universally agree that Optimus Prime is a hero to many. A perfect representative for the "Saturday Morning Cartoons" of the 80s, as well as having continued relevance with constant reboots and even a film series by Michael Bay, Transformers as an IP maintains recognisability and relevance - but also hasn't yet really seen the light of day in guest roles in games like the Injustice series. The series is also interesting in that it's sort of an evolution of a Japanese toy that ended up being reinvented... with backstories by Marvel!

Optimus himself would be an interesting member of the cast here in that I imagine him as a big-bodied bruiser, with some pretty fast movement options given his ability to transform into a truck, and a couple of ranged options depending on whether we'd give him his gun and access to Roller or not. For the most part, though, he'd need to focus on getting in and pummelling his opponents with his giant size (which I imagine would be roughly equivalent to that of the Hulk - slightly scaling him down would be fine.)

The series has a lot to work with in terms of how you represent it here. Whether you choose to go for having it based purely on Generation 1, representing other media, or even sneaking in a subtle hint toward the IP's origin in the Microman series, there's all sorts you could go for - you might say, there's "more than meets the eye"... I'll show myself out.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Guest character time, I thought I would come back to this thread for this job exclusively:

I guess this can be a PBS Kids: Brawltime x DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis crossover but....

WordGirl

51zLwDenm0L._AC_SY780_.jpg

The superheroine from Lexicon herself. Under the alias of Becky Botsford, WordGirl is a superheroine who fights using the power of vocabulary with her sidekick, Captain Huggy Face. She is from the PBS Kids series WordGirl which aired from 2007-2015. The show itself is amazingly well written for an educational kids show as well as the fact that the WordGirl universe has super interesting lore. While she is a very out-there choice, that is what makes WordGirl so special. Plus, she recieved some comics published by Marvel themselves. I can definitely see her having an unique vocab gimmick with some moves even having Captain Huggy Face in them. Plus, imagine the funny interactions she'll have with the Marvel and DC characters.

I know this is a bit of a crazy choice but word up, it's WordGirl after all. She can definitely fulfill the guest character niche of being a superheroine along with having connections to Marvel.

Last edited:
Guest character submission:
Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
1666209067763.png
Izuku "Deku" Midoriya is a main protagonist of 2014 Shonen Jump manga "My Hero Academia", who wants to become a hero just like his idol All-Might (Toshinori Yagi). He was born quirkless and he was "bullied" by his friend Katsuki Bakugou by calling him "Deku" in his childhood.
When he started to attend UA High school, he met new friends like Mina, Ochaco and more who also wanted to become heroes too. When Deku met Allmight, he became his close pupil and gave him "One for all" quirk.
Deku also has his enemies like Dabi, Himiko Toga and All for One (the villain of the series).

Deku is one of most popular MHA character and he is considered as poster boy of the series due to being a protagonist of the series.
Also MHA became a successful franchise that became a pop culture phenomenon after the release of the first issue of the manga.

His moveset in this game would consist of his abilities like summoning tentacles to attack the opponents like a whip or even dodge opponents' attack with his danger sense quirk.
Also he could use smash attacks in his moveset like Texas smash, Delaware smash and even United States of the world smash as his super move.

I nominate Deku as guest character, because MHA crossed over with Marvel back then where Deadpool met Allmight in the manga and My Hero Academia was inspired by DC and Marvel Comics (the creator was fan of them).
Also deku could have fun moveset in this game due to having "All for one" quirk which he could use his abilities like Fa Jin, Danger sense and etc.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think the best is try to start with the obvious choices, I have a more crazy idea for season 2 (and maybe 3 if we do that one too) but for the moment let's stick to the base.
Spawn
I think Spawn would be a great option here considering all his story, not the one from the comics but the story of his creation, artists from 90's who left Marvel due the annoying restrictions trying to mantain the spirit of those times with hypermuscle supermens with big weaponry in fancy illustrations full of gory action at the same time all the characters the authors create belongs to them instead to the company, between all characters created by Image probably the most well knowed is Spawn created by Todd McFarlane, an officer who was trationated by his own companions ending in the Hell and making a contract with the demon Malebolgia to become his servant. I find it just great, and both SoulCalibur II and MK11 already give us a taste of what Spawn is capable of do in a fighting game.
I will just resubmit Spawn, still working on that Star-Lord moveset, most likely post it at night.

D

Deleted member

Re submitting
Honestly I kind would would have preferred if we did things in order. But

View attachment 360644
Judge Dread

He is the law. From the dystopian future city of Mega-City One, Judge Dread carries out Justice in his own way. He has a large arsenal of weapons that could be used in his moveset. His morality would give him an interesting contrast with the superheroes in our cast, leading to some great interactions

Would have gone Hellboy because I love the character. But I kind of agree with COH

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Wanted to add something that was somewhat related to Marvel and DC which is what I thought the job was about

Guest Fighter: Fourth Doctor(Doctor Who)

He was for a while involved in the life of marvel character Death's Head

Top Bottom