• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
MAGIK MOVESET
General Playstyle
Magik is a close-range combatant with accessible air mobility and an emphasis on combo-chaining opponents; In addition, she has a changing weight-class.
Her basic moves utulize the Soulsword, whilst her special attacks utulize magic.

Unique Ability 1 - Eldritch Armor
An ability lifted directly from the comics, using Magik's magical attacks overtime will result in mystical armor - known as Eldritch Armor, appearing on her body. Given her character is limbo-themed, this armor tends to have demonic aspects to it's design, including horns and hooves.
For every continuous combo of magic attacks used, Magik levels up into another stage of armor, each with their own feature; Essentially, this is a very stylized rage mechanic. Each set of armor increases her weight, meaning Magik can start out a lightweight and end the fight as a tank.
The stages include:

• Stage 0 (No armor) - Beginning stage for Magik.​
  • 1st Stage (Left arm and chestplate) - The area in which she gains armor for using her sword in the comics; This strengthens her sword-based attacks​
  • 2nd Stage (Boots and crotchplate) - This unlocks her full Stepping Disc ability, which increases her air mobility​
  • 3rd Stage (Helmet) - This increases her overall defense, making her health harder to deplete​
  • 4th Stage (Full armor) - Her "Full Deflect" special move becomes available​
  • 5th Stage (Demon features) - Magik in her most powerful state; All her attacks are boosted for a limited time. Once this time is up, she reverts back to 4th Stage armor, and Demon Stage is left on a cool down.​
If any of her combos are broken by an opponent, or if she receives too much damage from a single combo, her armor level reverts back a stage; This is a proportionate effect, meaning she can lose two or more stages of armor from very long, high damage combos, or just a single stage from a basic multi-hit combo.

Unique Ability 2 (Passive) - Double Jump
She can double jump by summoning a stepping disc under her feet in midair - this is automatic and simply done as part of her double jump animation.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Energy ChargeHCB + X
(Air OK)
Magik magically charges her Soulsword for the next several attacks; this boosts the speed of any attack, and once the charge runs out, Magik swings her Soulsword to send an energy blast, doing both projectile damage (blast) and melee damage (sword)
Surprise AttackQCF + X + Directional
(Air OK)
Magik teleports forward and slashes the opponent in a single powerful sword strike, which has a slight knockback effect
This can be aimed anywhere using a directional input, including in the air
Queen's CommandDP + XMagik opens a portal to Limbo using the Soulsword, and summons her demon servant S'ym for a ground slam attack, before he jumps back into the portal
Astral ProjectionDown, Down + X, XMagik projects her spirit out of her body - mechanically, this functions as a shadow attack, in which her astral form follows closely behind her body and echoes every attack for a short period.
Spinning FlameHCF + XUsing dark magic, Illyana charges her Soulsword as she spins forward in a multi-hit attack, which a flame effect that burns opponents
Stepping Discs (2nd Stage)Jump + XBy pressing the jump and attack buttons while at the second stage of armor, Magik's midair basic attack will be replaced with the stepping disc, which allows her to walk in the air

She can only do this once in the air, and the move replenishes once she touches the ground
Full Deflect (4th Stage)QCB + UAMagik deflects the damage and effects on any move back onto the opponent, regardless of what the attack is.
This move has a limited window upon activation, requiring precise timing in order to be effective

Super Move NameInputDescription
Level 1 - Healing Fire2QCB + XIllyanna magically forms a pentagram around herself, which surrounds herself with flames. These flames both damage the opponent if physically contacted, and slowly heal Magik for 10% of her lost health.
Level 2 - Power of the Soulsword2QCF + XMagik supercharges her Soulsword, and leaps in for a lunge whilst teleporting her sword to the opponent's location; This can be blocked but not dodged, and deal significant damage and inflicts bleed
Level 3 - The Queen of Limbo (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedMagik teleports in for a brutal stab in the opponent
This starts the cinematic, in which she teleports both herself and the opponent into her home dimension of Limbo. Magik transforms into her Darkchylde form, and calls upon a demon army which then surrounds the opponent; The demons relentlessly attack the opponent one by one, ending with Magik performing a powerful black magic sword strike that teleports the opponent back into the stage, ending the cinematic.
Given that we're suddenly on a new page, I'm going to plug my moveset again haha!

1. Default
2. Age of Apocalypse
3. Solo Series
4. Death
5. X-Factor
6. Shirtless
7. Forever City
8. Wedding

Job 162: Pilgrim Stage
THE MAYFLOWER
The most iconic ship of the 17th Century, and the very origin of the Pilgrims themselves, the Mayflower! For those who don't know, the first 100+ people of the Pilgrims set about from New England in this ship in a 2-month voyager to the New World, which would later be known as America, landing in what is today known as Cape Cod, Massachusetts!
Whilst Plymouth and the First Thanksgiving may make more sense as stages, we have yet to have a seaborne stage outside of Atlantis, and given that we are including a Pilgrim in our roster, I figure the Mayflower is a more iconic piece of American history, given it is what lead to the early colonizations of the country

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I did want to as about the Good to be Evil pack; Are Premiere costumes meant to go along with the regular costumes? I had figured they would have been their own jobs. Otherwise, that does open up my options for future Costume Packs

If it's alright, I'll be splitting up my job submissions into a separate post from this one. Hope that doesn't count as a double-post
I figured that premiere costumes could be mixed in as part of costume packs (I had Spider-Man 2099 as a premiere costume in my pack and labelled him that way), or people could nominate a four-pack of premiere costumes - users could go with whichever option they preferred.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Gambit Costumes:
1663630572508.png
Age of Apocalypse
Age of X
1663630650821.png
X-Factor
End of the World
Hellfire Gala
Wedding
Horsemen of Death
I'm going to take a little more time in the Scott's stage.

Btw iirc the only character without 8 costumes is Starro, so probably it would end having some sort of completely, brand-new costume for this game for mantain the costume's balance(?

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Btw iirc the only character without 8 costumes is Starro, so probably it would end having some sort of completely, brand-new costume for this game for mantain the costume's balance(?
I can double check (I'd honestly be impressed if we wound up getting 8 costumes for everyone but Starro), but I can edit in the Earth-3 version of Starro as a costume if he's the only one with less than eight. (spoiler tagging because it might be a big picture)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Scott Pilgrim Stage - Chaos Theatre
The stage of the final fight between Scott and Ramona's last Evil Exe Gideon. In the stage you could see almost the totality of the main cast of Scott Pilgrim including but not limited to Scott's friends Kim Pines, Stephen Stills, Knives Chau and Wallace Wells (who would dissapear and reappear from the background when Scott calls them), his girlfriend Ramona Flowers, various secondaries like Michael Corneau, Julie Powers, "Young" Neil, Mr. Chau, Stacey Pilgrim, Lisa Miller, Envy Adams, Crash and his boys (including the girl, who is also a boy), Tamara Chen and more hidden there are all of Ramona's Evil Exes (even if at this point of the story they should have been teleported back to America) including of course the proper Gideon who would expect the fight in the shadows.
I can double check (I'd honestly be impressed if we wound up getting 8 costumes for everyone but Starro), but I can edit in the Earth-3 version of Starro as a costume if he's the only one with less than eight. (spoiler tagging because it might be a big picture)

I'm fine with it, I mean the spot was never used so it makes sense use it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Scott Pilgrim moveset! Congrats!

As for the rest of yesterday's results...

It's Good to Be Evil: 3
Alter-Egos: 7
Blast from the Past: 9
Future Tense: 11

We'll be including my future-themed costumes and @Darkonedagger's past themed costumes!

Patsy Walker: 2
Jean Grey: 4
Jessica Jones: 5
Gamora: 6
Gwenpool: 6
Black Widow: 9
Magik: 19
Squirrel Girl: 21

There were two clear favourites here, but ultimately, Squirrel Girl won in the end!

Squirrel Girl 5.png

(As seen here, taking a selfie with an unconscious Galactus on the moon)

Gambit costumes:
-1SecondNinja
-Infinity Sorcerer

Scott Pilgrim stages:
-Toronto Streets
-Chaos Theatre

Job 163: nominate an Invincible stage

Normally, I'd try to space things out a bit between stage jobs, but I don't want to jump to the next character or costume pack job since we just did those, and Invincible and Mister Miracle already have movesets. (unless anyone has an alternative moveset idea for either one that they want to suggest instead)

To be clear, this is a stage based on the comic book/show "Invincible", not to be confused with a stage made out of Adamantium (or some other fictional indestructible material) or a stage based on the Mark Wahlberg football movie of the same name.

Job 164: nominate arcade mode rivals for Mister Miracle and Squirrel Girl

I'll just do two at a time rather than four at a time, since there's not as much need to space them out. Nominate a Marvel character to be Mister Miracle's rival in arcade mode, and a DC character to be Squirrel Girl's rival.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ngl I'm kinda sad that Magik didn't made in but I'm cool with Squirrel Girl, I know that she is popular and that class of things.

My only idea for rivals it would be Thanos for Mister Miracle, considering the parallelism between him and Darkseid.

Actually maybe Squirrel Girl could fight Darkseid too?, defeating an evilish evil dark god wouldn't be too out of place for her.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Congrats to Squirrel Girl, and it's nice to see that Magik came really close! Perhaps if I submitted her earlier she would have won...

Job 164: Rivals
For Mister Miracle, I'll nominate Thor, as they're both god-characters in DC that Jack Kirby has had a heavy affiliation with
For Squirrel Girl, Darkseid seems appropriate. The entire gimmick of her character is beating OP villains, and there's no other villain on DC's roster more powerful than Darkseid himself.

Job 163: Invincible Stage
TALESCRIA
Spoilers for Invincible follows
The capital planet of the Coalition of Planets, which is also surprisingly hard to find clear images of, Talescria! (This image is of a park in located on the planet, which could definitely be the main setting of the stage, but it's primarily here to showcase the city) This is a very vital location to the cosmic Invincible storylines, and makes very frequent appearances throughout the comic; In fact, later into the comic, Invincible and Atom Eve end up moving to here! It's a whole arc in the comics but I won't get off track; I also did look through the stage list; Aside from Oa, we do not have any stages that take place on in an alien metropolis to the extent that Talescria would, so already I would say this is a unique inclusion among the roster!

Now for those who aren't familiar with Invincible, you may be asking: "What about Viltrum?" Truth be told, Viltrum only has about 5 or so appearances in the comic, and isn't seen all that often. I feel as if this is a better pick for a stage.

I'm going to spoiler other images here as they are, uh, spoilers for the comic, but these should give a better sense of what the planet looks like beyond this one panel.

And of course, what would a fighting game stage be without numerous cameos! I wanted to have a visual gimmick in here as part of the cameos, which I explain down below. This gets very image heavy so it is spoilered, but here are all the cameos I decided to include, laid out!
Allen the Alien!

The leader of the Coalition of Planets, and it's most iconic member, Allen the Alien! As a resident and major figurehead of Talescria, and a fan-favorite character, he's pretty much obligated to be here.

Of course, Allen would simply
Atom Eve!

(Fanart depicted)
Quite possibly the most important supporting character of Invincible is none other than Atom Eve!
Given that Eve has been to Talescria, and has lived there for a few years near the end of the comic, it's only fitting she makes an appearance as well!
Tech Jacket!

Kirkman's first superhero series (yes, before Invincible!) which was later adopted into the Invincible universe, TJ ends up becoming a big player in the cosmic storylines and a notable member of the planet of Coalitions!

Being best pals with Allen in the comics, it makes sense he'd show up in the stage background, possibly visiting the Coalition for intergalactic affairs.
Space Rider!
One of the few know beings in the universe who can harm Viltrumites, Space Rider was a notable member to the Coalition upon his introduction!

As part of a stage cameo, he'd definitely be seen riding on his signature Space-Motorcycle in the background
Oliver!

Mark's brother and another resident of Talescria late into the comic, Oliver is another must have for cameos here! Perhaps he's be there to cheer his brother on in a fight
Omni-Man!

A major member of the Coalition of Planets, and of course one of the most popular comic book characters of all-time (surprisingly), Nolan would of course be here as a protector of Talescria, observing the background to make sure the fight doesn't get out of hand
Invading Viltrumites!

As part of a gimmick for this Stage's cameo, I opted to include this and consider it a cameo

As the fight would continue, getting more intense as health bars begin to drop, Emperor Thragg would come raining down with Viltrumite ships in tow, and out would pour out a fleet of Viltrimute fighters ready for battle, here to overtake the Coalition's capital planet and finally end their biggest opposition to galactic conquest!

All previous cameos would come out and fight against various Viltrumite villains, including Thragg himself, in an attempt to ward off the invasion as destruction rains in the background! Perhaps they'll need some backup...
Battle Beast

A character that would only appear as a cameo once the stage enters it's Viltrumite Invasion phase, the Coalition of Planets would call upon one of it's most powerful weapons: Battle Beast! He'd drop down into the fight and start destroying Viltrumite opponents, possibly going toe to toe with Emperor Thragg himself!

It wouldn't make much sense for the being obsessed with war to stand about in the middle of a fight, but as a major powerhouse among the Coalition's roster, it would be ill-fitting if he did not join in on the cameo-fest, so I opted for BB to be a cameo under special circumstances.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We'll be adding Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Gambit costumes, the Toronto Streets stage for Scott Pilgrim, and Talescria as a stage for Invincible!

Darkseid is Squirrel Girl's rival, and here's the poll for Mister Miracle's rival:

Job 165: nominate costumes for Scott Pilgrim

As usual, we'll list a default costume for Scott and 1-7 alternate costumes. (this thread usually manages to come up with seven costumes for each character, but I want to leave it open in case one character doesn't have many options)

Job 166: Boss Challenge

As I said before, the King of Fighters 15 added a boss challenge mode through an update where winning it could unlock you bonus content like costumes, music, or stages.

Admittedly, in this case, it's only been used to include a souped-up version of a playable character so far (and a new one hasn't been added since its introduction - I figured we would have gotten Nightmare Geese by now, at least), but I figure we can take that idea and run with it.

Since this is all hypothetical anyway, we don't need to limit ourselves to versions of playable characters; if you want to include bosses that aren't in the game in some form, you can.

You can list movesets and rewards if you want to - much like with Thanoseid's moveset, you don't have to list command inputs since they won't be playable. (if it is an enhanced version of a player character, then list their differences from the original)

I don't know how many we'll include, though I'm thinking at least two - we'll see how many nominations we get.

Here's my nomination, an example of a powered-up player character as a boss:

Cyborg Superman

Unlike the regular version of Superman, Cyborg Superman is more ruthless, so he doesn't have a reason to hold back. (justifying why he's a boss) The boss version has an exclusive Level 2 super move in place of Car Crusher, Overclocking, where his cyborg eye goes out of control, wildly firing lasers around the screen. Otherwise, he's like Superman but with a ridiculously good AI

Reward: Cyborg Superman premiere costume for Superman. (No changes to his moveset when he's a premiere costume; he's functionally identical to Superman)

---

Like I said, you can go with a powered-up version of a normal character or a completely original boss like Apocalypse or the Anti-Monitor - it's up to you. I'll do the Justice Society round tomorrow; I just remembered there was interest in this concept and wanted to do that first.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think we'll go with upwards of two nominations each; that seems fair. (Three feels like a lot, depending on how many people participate)

I'm busy with work for most of the day, but I'll try to come up with an original boss later tonight.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I have my two concepts, one for a powered-up fighter and another one for an unique boss, though I don't have the time to do the moveset for the later sadly, but I will update the post when I obtain the opportunity.
GODSPEED
A powered up version of Flash, apart of the difficult AI it's also absurdly fast and his strong attacks inflicts a small stun effect.​
MISTER SINISTER
A main villain of the X-Men, a powerful villain with physic powers, I was between him and the proper Apocalypse (who is also related to him) but I was thinking that he is cooler.​
Reward: Godspeed Premiere Costume for Flash.Reward: Hellfire Gala Costume for Cyclops.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 165: Scott Pilgrim Costumes
Passing on this. I've only ever watched the movie, which I really enjoyed, but he has only one costume from there and there are plenty of other big Scott fans here that will make better picks.

Job 166: Boss Challenge
This is the first of two bosses I will be submitting.
ANGSTROM LEVY (INVINCIBLE)
First Appearance: Invincible #16
Easily my favorite villain of the Invincible comics, Angstrom Levy is a ripe fit for a boss rush for both story reasons and gameplay wise; I did a trading card on this character, so if you want to read a summarized version of his backstory, you're more than welcome to take a look.

Angstrom's entire gimmick is being able to travel the known Multiverse, and given that our game's theme is the Multiverse, it's only fitting that Angstrom would travel universes to, how should I put this, "reunite" with Invincible and finally get his long-awaited revenge. Of course, there are also new allies to account for from the Universes of Marvel & DC... but Angstrom, having full knowledge of every universe his alternate-universe selves have lived in, is more than well-equipped to handle them.

ANGSTROM MOVESET: NORMAL SPECIALS
I'm going to be going about this a little different than I would for a playable character moveset; I'll be going over two types of special moves, and they are split into categories due to the type of attacks. This will be covering his normal special moves, which rely on his superhuman strength, technology and portal travel.

Special Move NameDescription
Sphere FireAngstrom's technology spheres fires a series of lasers at the opponent; these count as non-physical projectiles
Hit Me, NotAngstrom coats his body in a forcefield for a limited time, which acts as a counter for melee attacks; If hit by any melee attack, the shield will take the brunt of the damage, and Levy retaliates with a brutal strike.
Lethal LungeAngstrom lunges himself at the player for a momentum-based punch, doing damage and knockback on impact
ChokeholdAngstrom activates a telekinesis glove, in which he then chokeholds the player, slams them on the ground, and brings them toward him, acting as a tethered grab.
Meteoric LandingAngstron flies upwards with his arm facing front, doing damage to anyone in his flight path (this effectively acts as an anti-air), before then flying back down for a damaged punch to the surface.
Greatest Medicine in the MultiverseAngstrom injects himself with a vile, which adds a small healing effect and adds back a total of 5% health before requiring a cooldown.
Right Behind YouAngstrom portals himself right behind the opponent for a surprise attack, and then returns to his original position via another portal.
Self-DestructiveAngstrom orders his spheres to self-destruct, in which they then fly towards the player and explode. This leaves his spheres unavailable for a moment until new ones are spawned in.

UNIQUE ABILITY: SUMMON SPECIALS
In one of the most iconic and impactful issues of Invincible, Invincible #60, alternatively known as the Invincible War, Angstrom went across the Multiverse and gathered together exactly 16 variants of Mark Grayson, all of which in their own ways evil and abhorrent, and conveniently wearing different costumes from one another. He forged a deal with all of them, and sent them all to the main Invincible's universe, in which they began attacking the planet. This forced the entire Image Comics universe to come together and fight all the evil Invincibles, in a single issue event.

Spoiler Alert: They lost, as 8 Invincibles still remained. Of course Angstrom dealt with them himself, but that's not the point here: It's one of Angstrom's most remembered roles as a villain in the entire comics run, and I fully intend to utilize this moment in a similar scenario here.

So, hear me out: What if, Angstrom traveled across the Marvel and DC multiverse, gathered a group of evil versions of their heroes, and recruited them into his army as he began attacking the heroes all across our roster in the midst of this Multiverse Collision?
Summon NameAttack Description
Iron Maniac

After Titannus ravaged the world with war, Tony Stark went insane dealing with the losses; He became a war mongerer himself under the name Iron Maniac, and attempted to kill his universe's Reed Richards before being transported to universe 616
"I am IRON MANIAC!"
Amstrong opens a portal in the air in which Iron Maniac flies out and fires a series of three heatseeking missiles, utulizing Iron Man's Smart Missile move. He does this twice before flying into another portal
Flashpoint Wonder Woman

When Flash accidentally created a new timeline, Wonder Woman became an evil dictator and ruler of Themyscaria, leading her world into WW3 in an attempt to kill the Atlantean empire.
"More blood spilled in the name of the Amazons!"
Wonder Woman leaps out into the stage and rushes towards the player, performing a Hermes Slash and following up with a powerful sword strike; Amstrong them forces her back into her portal.
The Batman Who Laughs

After Bruce Wayne was infected by Joker's laughing gas, he quickly became psychotic and killed all the other heroes in his universe, becoming the ultimate villain and the darkest reflection of Batman to ever exist.
"You wouldn't know fear until you've met me!"
Batman Who Laughs steps out of a portal and throws a can of Joker Toxin, inflicting the player with a damaging status effect, and then stepping back into his portal.
Deadpool (Kills the Marvel Universe)

Dr. Benjamin Brighton attempted to brainwash Deadpool and turn him into a slave who would carry out his bidding- unfortunately, this only replaced Deadpool's inner voices with a psychotic one, which encouraged Deadpool to kill every hero and villain in his universe.
"Another universe of heroes to kill? Count me in!"
A blood-covered Deadpool steps out of the portal, and rushes at the player; Based off of his Slice and Dice special move, he repeatedly slashes them with katanas before Amstrong quickly sucks them back into a portal.
Captain Hydra

Hailing from a timeline created by the Cosmic Cube in which Steve Rogers was abducted into Hydra as a child, Steve Rogers quickly became one of the greatest villains in his universe, who fights for the future of Hydra.
"Hail Hydra!"
Captain Hydra steps out of a portal and immediately rushes towards the player with his shield, akin to Captain America's Shield Bash; He then follows up with a series of punches in a Hydra variation of Star and Stripes, before returning to the portal.
Hyperion

A villain originating from the microverse that forms and leads his own team of villains, known as the Squadron Sinister, who fought in the name of the Grandmaster before disappearing into the unknown for their failure to defeat the Avengers.
"Pathetic."
Hyperion flies out of the portal and fires at the player with his own version of Superman's Heat Vision, and then flying back into the portal.
Future State Raven

Attempting to confine the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse within her soul, Raven was quickly corrupted and quarantined herself within the Rock of Eternity. Forming a deal with the demon Neron, he gave her the magic of Shazam and she broke out of her own prison, becoming the ultimate villain of the Multiverse.
"This is what Unkindness truly is!"
Raven flies out of the portal and attempts to grab the player with Event Horizon; regardless of whether it is successful or not, she follows up with Molded by Darkness, until Angstrom flings her into another universe with his portal.
Earth-X Dark Arrow

In a universe where the Nazis won World War II, Oliver Queen was born and raised into a world of hate. He donned a bow and arrow and became an enforcer of the regime, known simply as the Dark Arrow.
"Next time, don't bother being a hero."
Dark Arrow performs a Hunter's Roll out of the portal, and fires a series of arrows like in Quick Shot, before leaping backwards into his portal.
Doctor Strange Supreme

After his universe's Christine Palmer died in an unchangeable point in time, Doctor Strange was swallowed by his grief. He became obsessed with becoming an all-powerful magician in order to go back in time and save Christine; This only corrupted him and destroyed his entire universe.
"If this is my repent, then so be it!"
Strange Supreme attempts to trap the opponent down with Crimson Bands of Cyttorak; regardless of whether he is successful or not, he will follow up with Suns of Cinnibus and fire 5 orbs at the opponents before he vanishing.
Red Death

The Bruce Wayne of Earth -52 defeated his Barry in battle, and proceeded to fuse his powers within him, trapping Barry's consciousness within. Finally having the power of the speed force, Bruce took revenge on Gotham's villains for taking the lives of his Robins, before becoming mad with murder.
"The power of the Speed Force is unmatched!"
Red Death immediately zooms out of a portal and performs a Vanishing Rush attack on the player. He taunts the player with his dialogue line as they are pummeled by a series of punched and then disappears just as quickly as he arrived.
Mr. Murderhands

A bounty hunter from Spider-Gwen's universe, James Howlett, AKA Mr. Murderhands (not his idea) is a ruthless killer who was recruited into S.H.I.E.L.D. for his talents. Once he takes up a bounty, he fully intends on going in for the kill.
"I always get my mark!"
Murderhands lunges at the opponent with his Berserker Barrage attack and follows up with a Claw Strike, up until Angstrom sends him back into his home universe.
Deathstorm

Ronnie Raymond was brought back to life with the power of a Black Lantern Ring, in which he served Black Hands. Thinking he was free of the ring, Ronnie returned to Jason to become Firestorm once again, but the aftermath affected their transformation, and an alternate being known simply as Deathstorm was created as a result.
"This is gonna be so boss!"
Deathstorm uses his molecular power to temporarily cover a portion of the stage in blue fire, doing damage to the player if they ever enter within that zone. He then fires a few fireballs at the player, before Angstrom calls him back to his home universe.

SUPER MOVES
Can't forget these!
Super Move NameDescription
Level 1 - CrossfireAll of Angstrom's spheres go berserk, firing lasers all across the screen simultaneously; They can be blocked, but there are undodgeable.

If Angstrom does not have any spheres at present after performing Self-Destructive, this super will automatically replenish all of them.
Level 2 - Injustice Superman"Your world will learn, just as mine did!"
Angstrom calls for an assist: An evil variant of one of DC's most powerful heroes, Injustice Superman enters the arena. Angstrom takes a backseat from the fight, with Superman fighting in his name. He has access to all of Superman's special moves, but has low health, and will leave the arena once that is depleted, forcing Angstrom to return to the fight.
Level 2 - Maestro"Nobody challenges the Maestro!"
Angstrom calls for an assist: An evil variant of one of Marvel's most powerful heroes, Maestro enters the arena. Angstrom takes a backseat from the fight, with Maestro fighting in his name. He has access to all of Hulk's special moves, but has low health, and will leave the arena once that is depleted, forcing Angstrom to return to the fight.
Level 3 - Calling of the Multiverse (Cinematic)Angstrom opens a moving portal that quickly sweeps across the screen; if it connects, the player is sucked in, beginning the cinematic.
The player character wakes up in a barren wasteland universe, with destroyed buildings and cars piled up on by complete desert. Suddenly, 16 portals appear, and multiple Invincibles fly out of each one and surround the player, before then bombarding them in a series of tag-team attacks, giving no time for the player character to react or defend themselves.
Eventually, the PC falls to their knees, blood dripping everywhere, as a portal opens behind them, and an Invincible throws a devastating punch that knocks them into it, landing back at the stage where Angstrom simply laughs maniacally.

This is the most fatal move in the entire moveset

Iron Maniac
Flashpoint Wonder Woman
Batman Who Laughs
Captain Hydra
Deadpool (Kills the Marvel Universe)
Mr. Murderhands
Red Death
Earth-X Dark Arrow
Future State Raven
Deathstorm
Strange Supreme
Hyperion
Injustice Superman
Maestro
Alternate Universe Invincibles
Level 3 Cinematic Location

This is actually a very important dimension within the Invincible Multiverse, for reasons that uh... well, just read it for yourself.

Rewards:
  • Trading Cards for all listed Summons and Angstrom himself
  • Invincible Costume (TBD)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Oh right, we are also doing alts for Scott!, here are mines:
1663797652075.png
Green Shirt
1663798047914.png
School Uniform
1663799240465.png
Cheap Suit
1663798521608.png
Winter Clothes
1663798331768.png
Fantastic 4½ Shirt
1663798591637.png
Star Shirt
1663799064068.png
Nega Scott
1663797689437.png

But not only Scott has skins!, all his friends who appears in his moveset also has an alternative costume (they change it when you mantain pressing the Unique Action button during the selection).
Wallace Wells (Default)
1664034668778.png
Wallace Wells (Bathrobe)
1664034742804.png
Kim Pine (Default)
1664039640933.png
Kim Pine (Casual Outfit)
1664039590674.png
Stephen Stills (Default)
1664039813658.png
Stephen Stills (Work)
1664041299820.png
Knives Chau (Default)
1664039955109.png
Knives Chao (School Uniform)
1664035673256.png
Ramona Flowers (Default)
1664041163939.png
Ramona Flowers (Deliverer)
1664035851794.png

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 166:Galactus

Galactus is a villain from Marvel,he is an cosmic entity that eats planets. Galactus is one of memorable marvel villains,outside in comics, he appears in Video Games and Cartoons.

Galactus as a boss,his attacks probably would kinds similar from Marvel VS Capcom 3

D

Deleted member

Trigon
Raven's father and a powerful demon. He'd be bigger than a regular character and would attack with things like fire, summoning demons, and his huge body.

Reward:
Trigon possessed Premiere Costume for Superman (From Darkseid War)

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was planning to nominate costumes for Scott, but Infinity Sorcerer's list covered all of the images that I could find. (I read the series in black-and-white, so I don't recall specific outfits beyond the visually-distinct ones like the suit or the winter clothes)

As for bosses, I thought about nominating someone like Silver Surfer or Apocalypse, but I'm not super familiar with what either character can do, and I wanted to include a moveset with the boss that I submit. I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow morning. (I want to nominate someone from Marvel, since I nominated a DC boss earlier)

EDIT: I've got an idea.

T H E B E Y O N D E R

The architect of the original Secret Wars, the Beyonder is a being beyond comprehension. I'm taking a page from SNK's book - for the first round, he doesn't use specials or supers at all, and his basic attacks have him move like he's not entirely sure how limbs work. When he's beaten, he throws a tantrum and changes his body to something more suited for battle:

It's at this point that he starts to take things a little more seriously.

Behold! - the Beyonder spreads his arms wide, and a beam of energy large enough to surround his body shoots upwards from the ground beneath him towards the sky.

Effortless Dismissal - the Beyonder flicks his finger, and if his finger hits someone, they're launched across the stage

Yield to My Power - the Beyonder fires a large laser beam made of blinding white light straight ahead

Omnipotent Barrier - the Beyonder creates a barrier in front of himself that resists all attacks, though it only stays up for a short time

Neural Throw - using some form of telekinesis, he causes the air in front of himself to ripple; if the opponent is within that rippling air, they are launched high into the sky.

Destruction and Creation - the Beyonder creates rocks which merge to form a miniature planet, but he quickly grows bored with it and makes it explode. The planet itself acts as a barrier, and both the rocks and the explosion can deal damage.

Level 3: Beyond All Limits - the Beyonder floats into the air as a blinding white light (his true form) surrounds him. This light takes up most of the screen and deals a lot of damage.

Reward:

The Beyonder is fought on a new stage, Battleworld, and beating him unlocks that.

Unlike the normal Battleworld, this qualifies as a stage for both Marvel and DC, like the Throne Room stage, as it's made up of a mix of different DC locations, like Thanagar, Rann, and even Krypton (if a piece of Gotham City is in the background, it's perpetually nighttime in that section as a gag), along with Marvel locations like Skrullos, Hala, or New York City.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 166: Boss Challenge (2nd Submission)
THE JUGGERNAUT
I said I'd be doing two, so here he is; and talk about heavy hitters, because I'm nominating the f*ck*ng Juggernaut!
I could do a writeup, but truthfully, what would I need to write up? This guy is one of the most iconic X-Men villains you can think of, and, uh, I only have an hour to get this done (Cutting it close, as always); But I think we needed a boss that was more a heavyweight than the other nominations, and I doubt Juggernaut will be making it into our roster, so I'll be doing a moveset for him as a boss. He is a lot simpler than the writeup I had for Angstrom, so this should resemble a normal character for more.

General Playstyle
Juggernaut is a slow-moving heavyweight with a huge focus on sheer physical damage; The best bet to beating Juggernaut is to play defensively to block or avoid his attacks, and strike only when he leaves himself open; Highly defensive and zoning characters make for the best opposition to him.

Unique Ability - Avatar of Cyttorak
Juggernaut's source of health and strength are based around his helmet; His defense and attack are at it's absolute possible highest when the helmet is in peak condition, but doing repeated damage to his helmet will drop both of those aspects down; Eventually, after taking enough damage, the helmet will break, bringing Juggernaut's traits down to that of an average fighter.

Special Move NameDescription
Ground SlamJuggernaut slams both his fists on the floor, causing a shockwave that travels across the stage and breaks the grounds beneath him.
Boulder ThrowJuggernaut picks up a huge boulder and throws it at the player
Cyttorak's ProtectionJuggernaut creates a mystic force field that for a limited time renders high defense against any physical attack, in which they do half as much damage against him than they would otherwise
Mountain Shatter (Air OK)Juggernaut throws out a flurry of punches, each doing high damage
Unescapable (Air OK)Juggernaut grabs the player, holds them in the air, and punches them at full force, before throwing them to the other side of the screen
Space-Time Portal (Trion Juggernaut) (Air OK)Juggernaut will open a portal and run though it- than reappear at any given moment on the stage through another portal whilst continuing his charging attack
Levitate (Trion Juggernaut)Once Juggernaut is in his Trion form, he can levitate off the ground, increasing his movement speed; However, he can only do Air OK moves in this state.
Energy Absorption (Trion Juggernaut)Juggernaut enters a short window in which he can absorb the damage of any attack and heal either himself or the damage done to his helmet

Super Move NameDescription
Level 1 - Unstoppable ForceJuggernaut charges at you. This cannot be stopped. He is coming for you
Level 2 - Trion JuggernautJuggernaut calls upon Cyttorak to give him the full power of the Gem of Cyttorak, transforming him into a new boss phase in which he becomes Trion Juggernaut; His size and damage increase as a result, and he has 3 new special movies.
Level 3 - Indestructible (Cinematic)Juggernaut automatically transforms into Trion Juggernaut and rushes in for a punch - if it connects, the cinematic starts and the player is immediately flung back into a Time-Space Portal, finding themselves over the orbit of Jupiter. Another portal opens above them, in which Juggernaut drops down and headbutts the player; They both begin to descend as Juggernaut grabs the player and they both hit the surface of Jupiter, causing a massive explosion
Returning to the stage, two portals open- one for the Juggernaut, and one for whatever remains of the player character

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes will be added for Scott Pilgrim, and Thor will be Mister Miracle's rival!

Here are the boss nominations:

boss nominations.png

-Cyborg Superman
-Godspeed
-Mister Sinister
-Angstrom Levy
-Galactus
-Trigon
-The Beyonder
-The Juggernaut

Vote for your top three, and the top two will be included. You can put your own nomination in first if you want to, since multiple nominations were allowed in this round.

1. Angstrom Levy
2. Mister Sinister
3. Cyborg Superman

Job 167: nominate a Squirrel Girl moveset

Like with previous DLC moveset jobs, this will last for two or three days, depending on the number of nominations (two if we get more than one in that timespan; three if we only get one nomination within two days). I've got a rough idea for her moveset, so I'll see what I can come up with.

Job 168: nominate a member of the Justice Society for DLC

I'm not overly familiar with the Justice Society (I know they're the first superhero team out there, and I know bits and pieces about the original members, but that's about the extent of my knowledge), but Wikipedia has a list of members that I assume is accurate. (though for the sake of this, we'll be ignoring the "Trinity Additions" section since those people joined in an alternate timeline - it would be like including Hawkeye (Clint Barton, that is) as a member of the Justice League)

We already have a few members of the team in the roster, whether it's mainstays of the team like Doctor Fate, or characters who you might not have heard of such as Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. (those three didn't even get voted into the roster! What's up with that?) Anyone who's part of the Justice Society that isn't currently in the roster qualifies for this.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Hawkgirl
I will submit Shayera Hol AKA Hawkgirl
View attachment 360868
A cop from Thanagar and the partner/wife of Hawkman. She's usually associated with her husband but she has appeared on her own in the past, such as in the Justice League cartoon as a founding member as well as Injustice.

She uses her Nth Mace and she can fly. She has just about every perk that comes with adding Hawkman except she's also a girl (which we could still use more of)
Shayera is a member of the JSA in DC Rebirth.

D

Deleted member

1. Beyonder
2. Cyborg Superman
3. Trigon

Stargirl_(Courtney_Elizabeth_Whitmore).png

Stargirl

Courtey Witmore was the step daughter of Pat Dugan, who was the superhero Star Spangled Kid, sidekick to Starman. She took up the costume, originaly to anoy her step father, but became a real superhero, joining a version of the JSA. She had enhanced speed, strengh and durability, she also weilds the cosmic staff, which she can ride on, and can also create and deflect energy based attacks. She could also call in asssits from S.T.R.I.P.E, a robot suit her step father built and uses in order to asssit her. Stargirl has appeared in cartoons and live action, including her own currently running TV series.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I figured we'd have a lot more nominations by now...

I'll get my votes in first.
1. Galactus
- I mean like. Yeah, it's Galactus
2. Angstrom Levy
- Gotta get my guy in of course
3. Trigon
- Definitely the most all-encompassing boss character out of the 3 DC ones

Passing on the Squirrel Girl moveset. I tired myself out with the back to back movesets.

Job 168: Justice Society Member (DLC)
CYCLONE
Alias: Maxine Hunkel
First Appearance: Justice Society of America #1 (December, 2006)

Based off of a character design from Kingdom Come, Maxine Hunkel was introduced as a new hero within the pages of the Justice Society, as the grand daughter of none other than the original Red Tornado, Ma Hunkel! Despite being relatively obscure, Cyclone is about to make her live action debut within the DCEU in the Black Adam film, easily rocketing her to be one of the more popular members of the team, especially since most of the others have become core members of the Justice League otherwise.

Cyclone's primary power is the ability to control air; Airbending, if you want to call it that, but at a far more powerful scale, being able to create whirlwinds and tornadoes, and of course cyclone; Her air manipulation abilities grant her the obvious powers of flight and air-based attacks; If she were to me implemented within the roster, her moveset would definitely put as the most air mobile character.
Of course, that isn't all; One of Maxine's abilities is also sound manipulation, which, despite not being as versatile as air manipulation, gives her use via controlling sound currents and attacking using sound waves!

Reasons for Inclusion:
  • Roster could use more obscure characters
  • Unique design and abilities not yet represented across most of the roster
  • Relevance in Media

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
POWER GIRL
1663892391544.png
A character that I submitted before, it has the bonus that she is from another Earth so double reps for a Multiverse character. It could also be looked has a 2-on-1 considering the possibility of a Supergirl premiere costume. not gonna lie I'm starting to enjoy doing movesets in the same nomination so I will do it again, though I lack the time to finish it at time.

POWER GIRL MOVESET
General Playstyle
Power Girl could have the same abilities of Superman but she gives them her own unique twist. She is more of a rushdown character but mantaining the easy-to-use nature of Supes.

Unique Ability - Suncharge
Power Girl absorbs the energy of the sun even if it's night in the stage or is inside a house or it's in another world without yellow sun and boost her stats and gives her access to a pair of special effects in her special moves, the meter would drain conforming she performs attacks or receives them.

MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Heat Blast​
236 + X (Air OK)Unlike Superman's Heat Vision she shoots a single projectile instead of a continous beam, for do that she requires to hold the button with full Suncharge meter. Unlike Supes she usually lacks a directional variation unless she is using the beam version where she can direct the beam anywhere she wants.
Solar Strike​
623 + XPower Girl ascends with a straight rising uppercut like the Shinryuken, depending of the strength it would be the vertical distance covered by her.
Power Breath​
214 + XInstead of the effects of Superman's version of the move Power Girl usually only has access to the gust version of the move, though instead of knock away the opponent inflicts them a juggle state. The full Suncharge's strobg version recovers the ice effect.
Quick Fly​
421 + XPower Girl flies back and reappers from the other side to the screen punching the opponent with a downwards, straight or upwards punch depending of the button pressed, if the button is hold during the transition she would cancel the attack follow-up.
Speeding Bullet​
41236 + X (214 + X Midair)Power Girl flies straigh ahead the opponent delivering a powerful punch, with full Suncharge meter the strong button version gains a wallbounce effect.
Power Grinder​
632146 + XPower Girl's command grab where she grinds the opponent across the floor, with full Suncharge meter you can mash the button to increase the length of the move and the hit count.
Level 1 Super:
Power Rocket
236236 + XPower Girl flies at the opponent with her fists outstretched and spins like a drill, piercing the opponent with a powerful strike before flying high into the air and diving down at them for another diving punch.
Level 2 Super:
Meteor Drop
214214 + XPower Girl flies backwards to the air and quickly reappers with a meteor, crushing the opponent with it.
Level 3:
Power Justice
All Buttons Pressed
Power Girl flies at the opponent and grabs forward. If she grabs the opponent, Power Girl tosses them to the air following them with a hover fly starting a cinematic where she continues punching them until reach the space, in the space Power Girl grabs the opponent and makes them have a not-so-secure travel across the sun while they are being used has a living shield to the asteroids, when they finally circle the sun Power Girl sends them back to the Earth with a powerful Heat Vision beam.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Mister Terrific

The third smartest man in DC's Earth (and when the top two are Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne, third place is a high honour), Michael Holt is a Renaissance Man - aside from his impressive intellect and multiple PhDs, he's also a self-made millionaire and gold medal Olympic decathlete.

However, the death of his wife, his unborn son, and his older brother caused him to contemplate suicide. He was met by the Spectre and learned about the life of the late Terry Sloane, the first Mister Terrific, which inspired him enough that he took on the mantle. Since then, he joined the Justice Society, even serving as its chairman.

In addition to his skills in various martial arts, Mr. Terrific fights with T-Spheres, robotic orbs that can shoot lasers, explode, generate holograms or shields, open dimensional gateways - they're very versatile.

I was torn between nominating him and Power Girl, as they were the main JSA members that I was familiar with aside from Jay Garrick (PG through some Harley Quinn appearances, Mr. Terrific through the totally-not-the-Fantastic-Four-we-swear series The Terrifics, where he teamed up with Plastic Man among others), so Power Girl being nominated makes this much easier.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Squirrel Girl moveset

Unique Ability: Eat Nuts and Kick Butts!
- Squirrel Girl pulls out a handful of acorns and chows down, regaining some health. Unlike Wolverine and Ra's al Ghul, this will be a fixed amount each time. (since most other characters can't recover health, the cooldown will be pretty long to compensate)

Fuzzball Special (back, forward, attack) - Squirrel Girl throws Tippy Toe like a baseball. If Tippy Toe connects, she latches on latches onto the opponent, biting them and doing small amounts of damage over time before hopping off. While Tippy Toe's biting the opponent, this special can't be used. (she normally sits on Squirrel Girl's shoulder)

Fur Flurry (quarter circle forward + attack) - Squirrel Girl swipes twice with her claws, stepping forward. This can be extended by repeating the motion up to two more times - the second time is similar to the first, while the third time has her make one big swing with her arms to send the opponent flying back to the edge of the screen if it hits.

Flying Squirrel (down, up, attack) - Squirrel Girl does a flying uppercut that hits up to five times, depending on how close the opponent is when it starts. If the attack button is held, she spreads her arms wide, revealing flying squirrel modifications to whatever suit she's wearing that let her glide downwards for a short time, allowing her to delay her fall and catch the opponent off-guard.

Deadpool's Guide to Super Villains Cards (down, down, attack) - Squirrel Girl pulls out a handful of her helpful trading cards (she's seemingly the only one who's bought them), but she's having trouble finding the card for whoever she's fighting. Being hit by the opponent while she's looking causes her to take damage and fumble the cards, but in the process, she finds the right one, reads about their weaknesses, and gets a temporary power boost! (an "attack up" icon - like a fist with a red upwards arrow beside it - appears next to her Unique Ability icon on the bottom of the screen) If she doesn't get hit, she gives up on searching and puts the cards back.

Level 1: The Terror of Tippy Toe (quarter circle forward x 2) - Tippy Toe hops off of Squirrel Girl's shoulder, and the two of them high five before Squirrel Girl does a melee combo with Tippy Toe assisting with some punches and kicks.

Level 2: Scurry Squad (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - Squirrel Girl points, and a scurry of squirrels skitters across the screen. (most of them running, though a few of them are flying)

Level 3: Shun Risu Satsu (press all buttons) - Squirrel Girl stomps on the ground before gliding forward in a very familiar pose, and if she touches the opponent, she grabs them and the screen turns black. Hit sparks appear on screen as Squirrel Girl's opponent is beaten up, and we cut back to the screen with the opponent on the ground as Squirrel Girl and Tippy Toe have their backs to the camera and their arms spread wide. (if the opponent is beaten by this attack, the Japanese kanji for "squirrel" (リス, if Google's any indication) could appear in the background to complete the reference)

1. Beyonder
  2. Godspeed
  3. Juggernaut
I nominate the Atom
View attachment 361185
That's Ray Palmer, the Justice League Atom who can shrink himself to the size of, well, an atom. The Justice Society Atom, Al Pratt, is a short guy who eventually gained super strength and radiation immunity, among other powers. He doesn't have shrinking powers, though I can still include the Al Pratt Atom if you want.

Alternatively, there's Atom Smasher, who's going to be featured in the Black Adam movie; he can't shrink, but he can grow up to 28 feet tall.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We'll continue the Squirrel Girl job for another day, at least.

Here are the results for the boss poll:

-The Juggernaut: 1
-Mister Sinister: 2
-Trigon: 3
-Godspeed: 4
-Cyborg Superman: 5
-Galactus: 8
-The Beyonder: 8
-Angstrom Levy: 11

We'll be adding Angstrom Levy from Invincible as one of the bosses, though there's a tie for second place. I'm going to have two polls this time, one to determine which boss we'll include if we only have one (the Beyonder or Galactus), and one to see if we'll add one of the bosses or both of them.

---

justice society DLC nominations.png

-Hawkgirl ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Stargirl (@Darkonedagger)
-Cyclone ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Power Girl ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Mister Terrific ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-The Atom ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )

I wasn't sure how to handle the Atom situation, but I decided to include the Golden Age Atom so that he's an option. (since Ray Palmer's a Justice League member rather than a Justice Society member)

Vote for your top three choices, and your own can't be in first.

1. Power Girl
2. Mister Terrific
3. Hawkgirl

---

Job 169: nominate costumes for Invincible

As we've done previously, we'll nominate one default costume and up to seven alternates.

I think I'll slow it down to one job per day, at least for a little bit; we've covered all of the DLC stages, all of the confirmed DLC characters either have movesets or have a moveset job that's ongoing, I don't want to do two costume jobs at once, and I don't want to plan out themes for the next DLC season just yet.

A reminder that if you want to do character interactions (intro dialogues or victory quotes), arcade mode endings, or trading cards, those are always open.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Stargirl
  2. Power Girl
  3. Mister Terrific
If it wasn't that we couldn't use Ray Palmer in this round I should have vote for Atom. Also I'm skipping both the Invincible skins and the Squirrel Girl moveset since I don't know too much about she and Megadoomer already did a good job with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom