• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
View attachment 356963

Hand Hideout

The stage takes place in one of the many bases of the Hand, a ninja organization within the Marvel universe and a recurring enemy to Daredevil, Elektra, and Wolverine, among others. Looking like a traditional Japanese temple, the fight takes place on the rooftop of one of the buildings, with various Hand ninja being seen in the background lurking on some of the taller buildings nearby.
I'm resubmitting an idea of Megadoomer. The Hand's Hideout. I was considering submit Shadowland but technically we already have it with Hell's Kitchen.

About Premiere Costumes, I will not do a fancy table with information and just throw it.

Cyborg Premiere Costume - Grid
It was also his premiere costume in Injustice so I don't need to explain why.
1663419289797.png

Thanos Premiere Costume - Thane:
Thanos' son, it's true that they have different powers and that class of things but considering that he already used the stones before (or at least he did in MUA3) I think it could work.
1663419377294.png

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I'm resubmitting an idea of Megadoomer. The Hand's Hideout. I was considering submit Shadowland but technically we already have it with Hell's Kitchen.

About Premiere Costumes, I will not do a fancy table with information and just throw it.

Cyborg Premiere Costume - Grid
It was also his premiere costume in Injustice so I don't need to explain why.
View attachment 360934
Thanos Premiere Costume - Thane:
Thanos' son, it's true that they have different powers and that class of things but considering that he already used the stones before (or at least he did in MUA3) I think it could work.
View attachment 360935
You know, I completely forgot to nominate Grid yesterday lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Dr. Manhattan: 3
Space Cabbie: 5
Big Barda: 6
Starfire: 8
Lobo: 11
Hawkgirl: 13
Mister Miracle: 14

mister miracle 5.png

In a delightfully devilish feat of derring-do, Mister Miracle has effortlessly evaded brutal bounty hunters, hostile hawk-people, and one fearsome former Female Fury to secure a spot in DC vs. Marvel's well-rounded roster! (Congratulations, PinkFlare PinkFlare ! I'll include your moveset, unless anyone has any objections to that)

As well, Doctor Fate will have Khalid and Nabu as premiere costumes, while the Scarlet Witch will have young and old versions of Agatha Harkness! We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset for Gambit!

---

Out of the six characters that we had premiere costume nominations for yesterday, three of them got nominations, so Blue Beetle, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Darkseid won't have premiere costumes.

The nominated stages were:
-the Savage Land
-Chronopolis
-Madripoor
-the Sanctum Sanctorum
-Hand Hideout
Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Savage Land
2. Madripoor
3. Chronopolis

(the only reason why I did a top two last time was because we only had four nominees)

---

Job 157: nominate Black Adam costumes

As usual, nominate a default costume and 1-7 alternates. I'll stick with one at a time for DLC characters.

Job 158: nominate a Scott Pilgrim moveset

We'll take 2-3 days to give people a chance to nominate movesets. Unlike the previous two, I'm familiar enough with the character that I feel like I can come up with a moveset, so I'll post that at some point.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

View attachment 360941

In a delightfully devilish feat of derring-do, Mister Miracle has effortlessly evaded brutal bounty hunters, hostile hawk-people, and one fearsome former Female Fury to secure a spot in DC vs. Marvel's well-rounded roster! (Congratulations, PinkFlare PinkFlare !)

As well, Doctor Fate will have Khalid and Nabu as premiere costumes, while the Scarlet Witch will have young and old versions of Agatha Harkness! We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's moveset for Gambit!

---

Out of the six characters that we had premiere costume nominations for yesterday, three of them got nominations, so Blue Beetle, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Darkseid won't have premiere costumes.

-the Savage Land
-Chronopolis
-Madripoor
-the Sanctum Sanctorum
-Hand Hideout

1. Savage Land
2. Madripoor
3. Chronopolis

(the only reason why I did a top two last time was because we only had four nominees)

---

As usual, nominate a default costume and 1-7 alternates. I'll stick with one at a time for DLC characters.

We'll take 2-3 days to give people a chance to nominate movesets. Unlike the previous two, I'm familiar enough with the character that I feel like I can come up with a moveset, so I'll post that at some point.
I will also do a Scott's moveset later, about that PinkFlare PinkFlare can I borrow a pair of ideas of your moveset to mine?, particulary the Level 3 and some extras?

About votes:
-Chronopolis
-Hand Hideout
-Savage Land

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also, a reminder that if anyone wants to post interactions involving any of the DLC characters, or arcade mode endings for any of them, feel free to do so whenever you want. (they're like trading cards in that regard)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I will also do a Scott's moveset later, about that PinkFlare PinkFlare can I borrow a pair of ideas of your moveset to mine?, particulary the Level 3 and some extras?

About votes:
-Chronopolis
-Hand Hideout
-Savage Land
Absolutely!

View attachment 360941

In a delightfully devilish feat of derring-do, Mister Miracle has effortlessly evaded brutal bounty hunters, hostile hawk-people, and one fearsome former Female Fury to secure a spot in DC vs. Marvel's well-rounded roster! (Congratulations, PinkFlare PinkFlare ! I'll include your moveset, unless anyone has any objections to that)

---

-the Savage Land
-Chronopolis
-Madripoor
-the Sanctum Sanctorum
-Hand Hideout

1. Savage Land
2. Madripoor
3. Chronopolis

---

First off, I have to celebrate getting Mister Miracle in, because wow, this was a really close vote! I'm convinced that I had not done a writeup and moveset, Scott would have lost.

Speaking of which, what did ya'll think of my Mister Miracle moveset? I'd just like to hear some thoughts on it

Speaking of Scott movesets... I won't be doing one for Pilgrim since I'm not too indulgent on the source material like I was for Invincible.

Now, moving on to the stage votes, and this was tough, but here they are:
1. Sanctum Sanctorum
2. The Savage Land
3. Chronopolis

I like Chronopolis but I think it should be saved for later, atleast for now. The Sanctum is pretty important so I'm surprised it isn't already a stage

I'll be nominating Black Adam costumes later

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here's my nomination for Scott's moveset. (Pilgrim, not Free or Summers)

Scott Pilgrim moveset

Unique Ability: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together. Scott could learn a lot from watching movies - unfortunately, since he rented The Land Before Time 4 "as a joke" and returned it 36 weeks late, he has racked up $504.28 in late fees. Holding down the Unique Ability button gradually pays them back (with a number above Scott's head scrolling down to show how much is left), but at the cost of his super bar. (Not sure what would be fair/reasonable, but let's say that one full bar of super meter covers $75, with a full 3 levels of super covering $225) If he successfully pays the late fees, he gets a major stat boost for that round.

Pressing the Unique Ability when his fees are paid off causes him to celebrate because he's debt-free (for now...).

Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness (quarter circle forward + attack) - Scott pulls out the Mithril Skateboard that he got from beating Lucas Lee, but as he never took Skateboarding Proficiency, he's not very good at it. Even trying to roll it forward causes it to slide out from under him, zooming across the stage as he falls on his butt. The skateboard still does damage.

Shoryuken! (Shoryuken motion + attack) - it's a Shoryuken.

Musical Shield (quarter circle back + attack) - via the power of friendship, courage, and whatever, Scott conjures a musical shield somehow that can negate projectile attacks, though characters can walk through it and punch him.

Reversal (reverse Shoryuken motion (back, down, down-back) + attack) - Scott blocks an opponent's physical attack and then punches them, sending them flying back. (this doesn't work on projectiles)

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (down, down, attack) - in a reference to annoying old-school video game enemies like the ones from Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania, a hawk swoops down at Scott, who ducks to avoid it. It doesn't hit him, though it can hit opponents on the way down.

Level 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (half circle forward + attack) - Scott, Stephen, and Kim (if the last two are background elements in Scott's stage, then they disappear from the background and reappear next to Scott, if that's possible) play a song so loudly that the soundwaves do damage to whoever's nearby.

Level 2: Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - it starts off similar to Scott's level 1, except this summons the Sonic Yeti from the movie, which slams its fists onto the ground.

Level 3: Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour (press all buttons) - Scott smacks the opponent over the head with Ramona's Subspace Suitcase, and if he connects, the opponent is drawn into it, leading to a cutscene super. In the Subspace dimension, Knives and her father slash at the opponent (her with her knives, him with his sword), and Ramona skates through, smacking the opponent to her ground with a giant hammer. Wallace is also there, though he's just sitting there and laughing. Scott falls from the sky with the sun behind him and the Power of Understanding (a sword) in hand, and he stabs the opponent. (if possible, if this move defeats the opponent, there's an extra scene at the end where the opponent explodes into coins, similar to the series or old-school beat-em-ups - don't worry, they respawn back home)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, it's time for Scott!

SCOTT PILGRIM MOVESET
1663449336465.png
General Playstyle
Scott is a very straightforward and begginer-friendly character with a simple style, particulary various moves based on other fighting game characters apart that of course his actual source material (mainly from The Videogame).

Unique Ability - Tag Friend
Scott calls one of his friends to help him with his phone, or well, he rotates between them pressing the button and calls them to attack using the move "A Little Help!?". The Friend List in order is the following, always starting with Wallace:
  • Wallace Wells
  • Kim Pine
  • Stephen Stills
  • Knives Chau
MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Ground Juggle​
236 + XScott does a quick automatic combination attack, with the strong version ending with a blow that wall bounce the opponent. The number of punches performed can be increased by mashing the attack button.
Air Juggle​
236 + X (Midair)Very similar to the ground version just that it with an air combo ending with a straight punch. It can also be extended mashing the button.
Rising Upper​
623 + XScott's Shoryuken but with a different name to avoid copyright. It can be cancelled into an Air Juggle.
Mithril Skateboard​
214 + XScott uses the Mithril Skateboard that he won when he defeated Lucas Lee, but since he can't ride it he uses it has an overhead attack bonking the opponent.
Reversal​
22 + XScott blocks the incoming attack counterattacking with a straight punch.
A Little Help!?​
236 + UA ButtonHas noted before Scott calls one of his four friends deppending of who is selected to assist him.
  • Wallace: A very drunk Wallace appears and tosses a wine glass to the opponent, it does very little damage but it's unblockable so if hits it could lead in a combo.
  • Kim: Spins forwards holding her drumsticks has bastons to attack, Double Lariat-style.
  • Stephen: He comes in and strums his guitar, unleashing an outward burst of sound that blows foes backwards.
  • Knives: She appears from above and tosses a pair of oversized knives in a diagonal direction, all this while exclaiming "CHAU DOWN!"
Musical Shield​
214 + UA ButtonScott calls the selected friend and both of them crosses their arms creating an energy bubble that protects Scott of incoming projectiles, mantaining the shield costs Super Meter.
Level 1 Super:
The Power of Love
236236 + XScott attacks the opponent with his sword doing a deadly rave, mash the button to increase the hit length.
Level 1 Super:
Super Air Juggle
236236 + X (Midair)Scott does an enhanced Air Juggle that reaches his maximum record of 64 hits with the last punch slamming the opponent to the ground.
Level 2 Super:
Sex Bob-omb vs. The World
632146 + XScott summons all his band to start playing a loudly song that summons a giant electric yeti that roars attacking AoE shocking the opponent.
Level 3:
Finest Hour
All Buttons Pressed
Scott calls his girlfriend Ramona Flowers who uses her Subspace Suitcase to smack at the opponent, if she connects the opponent is drawn into it, leading to a cutscene super. In the Subspace dimension, Knives and her father slash at the opponent (her with her knives, him with his sword), and Ramona skates through, smacking the opponent to her ground with a giant hammer. Wallace is also there, though he's just sitting there and laughing. Then Ramona appears again alongside Scott rach one wielding a sword, Ramona is using the Power of Love while Scott draws the Power of Understanding slashing the opponent together ending with a cross slash that leaves an X in their path, if the opponent is defeated with this attack it will explode leaving behind a hail of coins.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright so we ended the moveset at the same time lol.

About your moveset PinkFlare PinkFlare , I sadly didn't knew about the character until you submitted him but at least in a gameplay POV I look at him has a very fun character to play, so I consider it great!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Speaking of which, what did ya'll think of my Mister Miracle moveset? I'd just like to hear some thoughts on it
I'm only familiar with the character through Tom King's Mister Miracle series and the first few issues of Jack Kirby's run (though out of the Fourth World protagonists, I like him much, much more than Orion, and nothing that I've seen about the Forever People has gotten my attention), but it seemed like it made good use of his trickery and disorienting/confusing the opponent. The test dummy, Multi-Cube, and Big Barda's involvement were highlights.

EDIT: Victory Quotes:

Darkseid:

-vs. Mister Miracle: "You cannot escape from death."

Mister Miracle:

-vs. Darkseid: "Guess that "Darkseid's son putting an end to him" prophecy wasn't talking about Orion after all..."

The Wasp:

-vs. Superman: "Lois is lucky - you're almost too good to be true!"
-vs. Batman: "When you're the size of a bug, nobody seems scary after a while."
-vs. Wonder Woman: "So how did you deal with all of that testosterone when the Justice League started?"
-vs. Lex Luthor: "I can almost see my reflection in that head of yours!"
-vs. Zatanna: "We should hang out some time! Next time the Avengers have a girl's night out, you're definitely invited."
-vs. Black Canary: "I wasn't sure about that biker chick/cocktail waitress mix, but you make it work!"
-vs. Starro: "Well, that was disgusting."
-vs. Spider-Man: "Something about you makes my skin crawl... maybe it's a side effect of the wasp cells."
-vs. Iron Man: "I can't believe we used to date..."
-vs. Wolverine: "Ugh, the smell is even worse when I'm wasp-sized!"
-vs. Captain America: "Don't worry Cap, I won't tell anyone how badly I kicked your butt."
-vs. the Hulk: "When you wake up, say hi to Jen for me!"
-vs. Thor: "So does this mean Jane's taking over while you're out of commission?"
-vs. Black Panther: "My stingers are due for an upgrade - got any extra Vibranium lying around?"
-vs. Captain Marvel: "You've got to teach me how to do one of those barrel roll things!"
-vs. Venom: "I'm used to people drooling because of me, but this is too much!"
-vs. Loki: "Your biggest mistake was getting the five of us to team up! ...Well, that, or the outfit that you wore back then."
-vs. Scarlet Witch: "You might've been one of Cap's Kooky Quartet, but I've been around since day one!"
-vs. Ultimate Spider-Man: "You're all right, kid - much easier to get along with than the other Spider-Man, at least."

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll keep the Scott Pilgrim moveset job open for another day, like how it's usually handled - that way, if anyone else wants to post a moveset, they can.

Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Black Adam costumes win by default, the Wasp will have Nadia van Dyne/The Unstoppable Wasp as a premiere costume, and Cyborg will have Grid as a premiere costume! This means that we've completely finished the list of costumes for the base game, and we have a total of 41 premiere costumes by my count! (admittedly, I feel like if this was an actual game, that would be a much smaller number, maybe 20 at best. Then again, if this was an actual game, then there probably would have been a Marvel fighter made by Netherrealm before this so they could reuse as many assets/animations as possible to make development easier)

Out of those premiere costumes, 19 are from DC while 22 are from Marvel, so it's close to an even split!

As for the stage vote...

Hand Hideout: 3
Sanctum Sanctorum: 4
Madripoor: 5
Chronopolis: 12
Savage Land: 12

We have a tie! Here's a poll to try and break it:

---

Job 159: nominate a Marvel woman for DLC

This category's pretty wide-open; the only exceptions are women who are already playable in some form:

-Ghost Spider
-Captain Carter
-Ms. Marvel
-Storm
-Captain Marvel
-Monica Rambeau
-Loki
-Scarlet Witch
-Agatha Harkness (young or old)
-The Wasp
-Nadia van Dyne

Feel free to nominate any other woman from Marvel for us to add to the roster.

Job 160: nominate a costume pack for DLC

I figure we'll do these packs in groups of four. These packs can have any sort of theme, whether it's a shared concept between them, all of them being premiere costumes, or even characters dressing up like characters from one of the guest series. (I had a whole slew of ideas if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had gotten in - Batman and Harley already had costumes from the third comic crossover, and I could see Daredevil disguising as a Foot Clan ninja)

We'll have a vote where (depending on how many nominations we get) we'll add the top two, and have another round once the season is done for the second pair of costume packs. For example, here's my nomination:

Future Tense

Superman 1,000,000

Costume for Superman

Spider-Man 2099

Premiere Costume for Spider-Man
(fights the same as the original - his level 3 has him attacked by Goblin 2099)

Future State

Costume for Raven
(though she'd likely only have two eyes, since she wouldn't be possessed and she'd behave normally)

Days of Future Past

Costume for Wolverine
(it might be a bit too similar to his Old Man Logan costume in terms of his outfit, but I figure it's an iconic cover)

Pick four costumes in total; two per side.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I will nominate a DLC character later, but for a costume pack, here it is my idea!

It's So Good Be Evil
The costume pack is for evil versions of heroes (or at least characters that aren't considered completely evil).
Godspeed (Flash, Premiere Costume)
Dreadpool (Deadpool)
1663521328910.png
Future State (Raven)
1663521479380.png
Iron Maniac (Iron Man)
1663521605696.png

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job 159: nominate a Marvel woman for DLC

This category's pretty wide-open; the only exceptions are women who are already playable in some form:

-Ghost Spider
-Captain Carter
-Ms. Marvel
-Storm
-Captain Marvel
-Monica Rambeau
-Loki
-Scarlet Witch
-Agatha Harkness (young or old)
-The Wasp
-Nadia van Dyne

Feel free to nominate any other woman from Marvel for us to add to the roster.
Character Name: Patsy Walker
Character Origin: Miss America Magazine #2 (Nov. 1944)

Marvel's an interesting company to look back on through a modern lens. With so much comics media being focused on the exploits of powerful superheroes and the like, it's sometimes easy to forget that the origins of Marvel as a company might not always have been so fantastical. Whilst Patsy Walker was reinvented after a time as the Hellcat, I wanted to use this job as an opportunity to represent her original self - because honestly, I think she'd be an incredibly interesting character to see. Using the framing of "stereotypically feminine 40s comics" to create a character that acts as a loving tribute to Marvel's history, whilst subtly jabbing at some of the things that were fine in the past but are a bit questionable now, I think would be an interesting experiment. In terms of moveset, she'd mostly be focused on a lot of the trappings of these comics - a lot of moves based on fashion and the like, though with hints of gymnastics in reference to her later reinvention. Honestly, having her have a Hellcat alternative costume would be pretty funny too.

D

Deleted member

Img_0109_jessica_mout.obj.png

Jessica Jones
A hardened private eye. A former superhero, Jessica was kidnapped and brainwashed by he villian the Purple Man. She would eventually defeat him. She would also meet and marry Luke Cage, having a child with him. Yes, I'm aware Jessica has a pretty dark backstory, but I dont think that would really be a factor here. She's part of the Marvel universe and has shown up in games like MUA3. She had a pretty popular Netflix show and it's roumored she may be reappearing in the MCU soon. I think she could have a really fun moveset, it would involve her strengh and flight, but she could also bring in some of her personality, smashing things and throwing bottles, using her camera and PI skills. She could have some great interactions, and has surprisingly high alt costume potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
squirrel girl cover.png

Squirrel Girl

(I know I've used this picture before, but it's great)

Squirrel Girl is something of a gag character in Marvel - she has the ability to communicate with squirrels, squirrel-like agility, and a prehensile tail, and that's all she needs to beat some of the biggest villains that Marvel has. (usually off-panel, because it's funnier that way) And I'm talking about the likes of Doctor Doom...

...Thanos...

...Deadpool...

...you get the picture.

But how do you balance Squirrel Girl? You can't - didn't you read the title of her series? She's called "the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" for a reason, you know! (but seriously, you totally can balance her - making her attacks quick but weak, for example. If Dragon Ball FighterZ can have Videl or Yamcha defeat Beerus, then her inclusion shouldn't be an issue) I could see her level 3 super playing into her whole gag by basically being a Raging Demon from Street Fighter.

I figure DLC's as good of an opportunity as any to get some weird picks who are fan favourites in the game, and Squirrel Girl seems like she'd be a fun addition. Plus, she gets along well with most characters, and works as a nice callback to the sort of optimism and goofy escapism that you'd find in the Silver Age. (as opposed to the graying morality of modern comics)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I have an idea.
JEAN GREY
You know I had some problems deciding it, since well, I had a pair of ideas in mind (Psylocke, Magik, Elektra, Kitty Pryde and Jessica Jones where my other ideas) but I was getting a concept for she that I wanted to share (even if she doesn't made in) and using the submission has an excuse for it works for me (Since well, if someone submitts one of the characters I mentioned before I would probably vote for them instead).

JEAN GREY/PHOENIX MOVESET
Due the nature of the character I'm actually writting two movesets, divided between Jean and Phoenix. Should be noted that Jean's Level 3 wouldn't be listed in her Jean's moveset but it's the same has Phoenix.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JEAN MOVESET
General Playstyle (Jean)
Jean Grey is a zoner character based on the set up of projectiles in the stage, while she is quite straightforward to use her potential isn't at her fullest without the usage of her Phoenix form.

Unique Ability - Rise the Phoenix
Jean swaps to her Phoenix Force form, it doesn't has any cost but you can't change between forms mid-combo.

MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Pyschic Orb​
236 + X (Air OK)Jean casts a psychic orb at front of her, the orb stays in its place has an stationary projectile, being able to set a total of three orbs (each one associated to a button).
Pyschic Blast​
236 + X after Pyschic OrbJean activates the Psychic Orb shooting the orb has a fast projectile that semi-tracks the opponent's direction. Does less damage than the stationary version but stuns the opponent.
Pyschic Shield​
214 + XJean generates a protector barrier of psychic energy around her, nullyfing projectiles and reducing the incoming physical damage, though mantaining the shield requires super meter.
Pyschic Teleport​
632+ X (Air OK)Jean teleports to the opponent's position either from the front (if light), the back (if medium) or from above (if heavy).
Level 1 Super: Psychic Throw
632146 + XJean grabs the opponent with her telekinetic opponent with an invisible hitbox making it superhard to predict, then she elevates them and slams the to the ground.
Level 2 Super:
Psychic Firebird
236236 + X (Air OK)Jean shoots a bird-shaped energy projectile that travels fast fullscreen.
Level 2 Super:
Psychic Heal
214214 + X (Air OK)Jean is surrounded by an aura that makes her heal passively and also gives her a damage reduction status.

PHOENIX MOVESET
General Playstyle (Phoenix)
Phoenix is also a zoner character but with a more agressive system, using her own life for enhance her powers at cost of being more vulnerable, usually it requires to change back to Jean for absorb the damage.

Unique Ability - Phoenix Supression
Phoenix goes back to her regular form as Jean, it doesn't has any cost but you can't change between forms mid-combo.

MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Phoenix Burst​
236 + X (Air OK)Phoenix shoots a bird shaped fire projectile, depending of the button pressed she shoots straight, slightly downwards or slightly upwards. Hold the button to charge it to shoot the three variants at the same time at the cost of a little health.
Phoenix Trap​
214 + X (Air OK)Phoenix casts a bird shaped signal at the floor or the air (forwards or upwards, depeding if it's medium or strong), after a few seconds the signal would transform into a projectile tracking the opponent, stronger than Physic Blast but with the trouble that it also burns a small amount of health of the proper Phoenix.
Phoenix Drive​
632+ X (Air OK)Phoenix envolves herlsef in flames and dashes across the opponent forwards, diagonal or upwards/downwards depending if she is in the ground or in the air, she can chain the move other two times to any direction only pressing X + the requested direction at the cost of a little health.
Phoenix Talon​
63214 + XPhoenix summons a telekinetic fire talon that grabs the opponent and chokes them, knocking them down.
Level 1 Super:
Phoenix Fury
236236 + X (Air OK)Phoenix is surrounded by a giant firebird, flies upwards and descends dealing a lot of damage.
Level 1 Super:
Phoenix Might
214214 + X (Air OK)Phoenix releases a huge amount of energy around her in an AoE burst. She can delay the attack to charge it to deal more damage at the cost of some health.
Level 2 Super:
Cleansing Flames
222 + XPhoenix casts an aura near the floor where she is, damaging the opponent with grey health if touch it.
Level 3:
Dark Phoenix Rising
All Buttons PressedJean starts to lose control of the Phoenix Force exclaiming "I can't control it!" releasing a cosmic wave of energy that teleports the opponent to a cinematic with Jean (now the Dark Phoenix) maniatically laughs while everything is starts to be surrounded by the flames, then the aura of a phoenix becomes bigger around her consuming all the Earth (or the planet where they are) in flames....

Don't worry, it's probably all just an illusion, right?....right?

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 159: Marvel Woman (DLC)
GAMOR- WAIT...
Unfortunately, my planned nomination was taken, again. I actually had an entire moveset planned for this character too, and I could easily submit this as a support post for the nomination... but I won't because now I'll be submitting someone else, who also happens to be taking aspects from my original Gamora moveset!
(Anyone ever notice Gamora's blood is green?)

Job 159 (For real this time): Marvel Woman (DLC)
MAGIK
Alias: Illyana Rasputina
First Appearance: Giant Size X-Men #1 (May, 1975)

A classic character that has seen a smash surge in popularity in the 2000s, Magik has to be one of the most popular X-Men in the modern era. She has it all; magic, the mutant gene, a bloody sword, her own dedicated comic series, and an older brother in the form of fan-favorite X-Men veteran Colossus! In fact, I notice she's been nominated quite a few times in previous rounds, including this past season, and coming particularly close to winning, so perhaps I don't need to be explaining her to this thread after all. But where's the razzle dazzle in it otherwise?

During her youth, young Illyana was kidnapped by a supervillain and taken to the X-Mansion for protected care under the X-Men. What they didn't see coming, however, was a demon named Belasco from an alternate dimensions, known as the Limbo dimension, would come calling to her. Kidnapped and taken to this alternate dimension at such a young age, Belasco intended to torture and corrupt her soul in order to acquire mystical artifacts known as bloodstones, as they could only be obtained from another soul, and 5 of them were required to free the trapped Elder Gods that were in another dimension; Illyana was selected both for her mutant ability relating to this dimension's power that she did not know about yet, and also because her young age would theoretically make her easily corruptible. Fortunately, Illyana was kidnapped again by an alternate dimension version of Storm that existed in Limbo and... bla bla bla bla, overconvulated 80's comic storyline. Look, the gist is that the source of her mutant ability is Limbo, where she was kidnapped, raised, trained in the arts of magic and swordplay, and ended up killing her captor, subsequently becoming the ruler of Limbo for years. Upon returning to Earth the moment in time she was kidnapped, Illyana would re-enter as now one of the most powerful mutants and sorceress' on the planet, and joined the team known as the New Mutants, in which she would become a staple member, as well as eventually becoming a core member of the main X-Men team.

Having become a mistress of white and black magic in her time trapped in Limbo, a threat in hand to hand combat, and the one true owner of the Soulsword, a weapon of which she created in the midst of her battle with Belasco by drawing upon her soul. With all this in mind, the moveset potential for Magik is very abound and broad...
MAGIK MOVESET
General Playstyle
Magik is a close-range combatant with accessible air mobility and an emphasis on combo-chaining opponents; In addition, she has a changing weight-class.
Her basic moves utulize the Soulsword, whilst her special attacks utulize magic.

Unique Ability 1 - Eldritch Armor
An ability lifted directly from the comics, using Magik's magical attacks overtime will result in mystical armor - known as Eldritch Armor, appearing on her body. Given her character is limbo-themed, this armor tends to have demonic aspects to it's design, including horns and hooves.
For every continuous combo of magic attacks used, Magik levels up into another stage of armor, each with their own feature; Essentially, this is a very stylized rage mechanic. Each set of armor increases her weight, meaning Magik can start out a lightweight and end the fight as a tank.
The stages include:

• Stage 0 (No armor) - Beginning stage for Magik.​
  • 1st Stage (Left arm and chestplate) - The area in which she gains armor for using her sword in the comics; This strengthens her sword-based attacks​
  • 2nd Stage (Boots and crotchplate) - This unlocks her full Stepping Disc ability, which increases her air mobility​
  • 3rd Stage (Helmet) - This increases her overall defense, making her health harder to deplete​
  • 4th Stage (Full armor) - Her "Full Deflect" special move becomes available​
  • 5th Stage (Demon features) - Magik in her most powerful state; All her attacks are boosted for a limited time. Once this time is up, she reverts back to 4th Stage armor, and Demon Stage is left on a cool down.​
If any of her combos are broken by an opponent, or if she receives too much damage from a single combo, her armor level reverts back a stage; This is a proportionate effect, meaning she can lose two or more stages of armor from very long, high damage combos, or just a single stage from a basic multi-hit combo.

Unique Ability 2 (Passive) - Double Jump
She can double jump by summoning a stepping disc under her feet in midair - this is automatic and simply done as part of her double jump animation.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Energy ChargeHCB + X
(Air OK)
Magik magically charges her Soulsword for the next several attacks; this boosts the speed of any attack, and once the charge runs out, Magik swings her Soulsword to send an energy blast, doing both projectile damage (blast) and melee damage (sword)
Surprise AttackQCF + X + Directional
(Air OK)
Magik teleports forward and slashes the opponent in a single powerful sword strike, which has a slight knockback effect
This can be aimed anywhere using a directional input, including in the air
Queen's CommandDP + XMagik opens a portal to Limbo using the Soulsword, and summons her demon servant S'ym for a ground slam attack, before he jumps back into the portal
Astral ProjectionDown, Down + X, XMagik projects her spirit out of her body - mechanically, this functions as a shadow attack, in which her astral form follows closely behind her body and echoes every attack for a short period.
Spinning FlameHCF + XUsing dark magic, Illyana charges her Soulsword as she spins forward in a multi-hit attack, which a flame effect that burns opponents
Stepping Discs (2nd Stage)Jump + XBy pressing the jump and attack buttons while at the second stage of armor, Magik's midair basic attack will be replaced with the stepping disc, which allows her to walk in the air

She can only do this once in the air, and the move replenishes once she touches the ground
Full Deflect (4th Stage)QCB + UAMagik deflects the damage and effects on any move back onto the opponent, regardless of what the attack is.
This move has a limited window upon activation, requiring precise timing in order to be effective

Super Move NameInputDescription
Level 1 - Healing Fire2QCB + XIllyanna magically forms a pentagram around herself, which surrounds herself with flames. These flames both damage the opponent if physically contacted, and slowly heal Magik for 10% of her lost health.
Level 2 - Power of the Soulsword2QCF + XMagik supercharges her Soulsword, and leaps in for a lunge whilst teleporting her sword to the opponent's location; This can be blocked but not dodged, and deal significant damage and inflicts bleed
Level 3 - The Queen of Limbo (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedMagik teleports in for a brutal stab in the opponent
This starts the cinematic, in which she teleports both herself and the opponent into her home dimension of Limbo. Magik transforms into her Darkchylde form, and calls upon a demon army which then surrounds the opponent; The demons relentlessly attack the opponent one by one, ending with Magik performing a powerful black magic sword strike that teleports the opponent back into the stage, ending the cinematic.
Reasons for inclusion:
- She's a badass mother-******
---​

Is there an aspect more iconic to the entire genre of superheroes than the concept of an alter ego? A secret identity, a second life, and the spirit of two people in one soul; The story of a man or woman that lives behind the hero is what makes the character to begin with, and has become a permanently fixed staple of the genre... and a category very ripe for untouched costume concepts in this project!
1. Clark Kent

Truth be told, having taken a look at Superman's alternate costumes in this project a while, I have to say I am very underwhelmed. Granted the decision was before my time but nonetheless it is a specific category that I intend to fix. And of course I have to start it out with one of Superman's most iconic designs... Clark Kent, the underpaid reporter of the Daily Planet!

For this costume, I fully intend for his shirt to be half-opened with the Superman logo, as it adds a lot of visual appeal beyond just "Supes in a suit". And, honestly, what is a more iconic image to this character than Clark Kent running down an alley with the half-opened shirt?
2. Peter Parker

I mean, c'mon, Peter is the alter ego character, the pure embodiment of the secret identity trope, and is the face behind one of the most iconic characters of all time. He needs a costume where he is just, well, himself.

I had originally considered a design based on the upcoming MCU Animated series, as it's a perfect blend of modern and classic-Ditko era Peter... but I'm using the comics as the basis to stay consistent with the rest of the costumes, and also because this the guy we all think when it comes to Peter (Maguires, Garfields and Hollands aside). Ideally, the actual in-game design would be more uniquely high-school based, but I digress.
3. Bruce Wayne
And the "Man of the Year" award goes to...

Of course, Bruce Wayne is easily the most shoe-in alter ego on here. He just demands having the inclusion; It's bloody Bruce Wayne, the entire center of Batman's character, the broken child that become a vigilante and wears his unmasked persona as a mask. He was even included as a Premiere Costume in Injustice 2, so this is definitely completely viable territory we should explore here.
4. Matt Murdock (I'm Not Daredevil)

So, of course, after this costume got shafted for the base game, I'll be playing another hand to have it included. Because honestly, look at it!

As part of the costume, Daredevil's billy clubs will be replaced with two candy canes, that can be combined to form a larger candy cane that would take the place of his staff for his special moves. And having candy canes in places of his billy clubs is hilariously awesome.

I originally had Donald Blake (Thor) in place of Matt Murdock but I figured people wouldn't vote for the former, and I wanted more visual variety beyond just suits.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Savage Land wins the DLC stage poll! Here's the poll for the Scott Pilgrim movesets:

---

We'll be voting for our top three for the Marvel women; here are the choices:

marvel women DLC nominees.png

-Gamora ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Black Widow ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Patsy Walker ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Jessica Jones (@Darkonedagger)
-Squirrel Girl ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Jean Grey ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Gwenpool ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-Magik ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )

1. Gwenpool
2. Squirrel Girl
3. Magik

Here are the nominations for the DLC costume job:

Future Tense ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )Superman 1 MillionFuture State RavenSpider-Man 2099 (premiere)Days of Future Past Wolverine
It's Good to Be Evil ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )Godspeed (premiere)Future State RavenDreadpoolIron Maniac
Blast From the Past (@Darkonedagger)Batman NinjaAmazonia Wonder WomanYeoman AmericaSpider-Man Noir
Cinema Icons ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )Christopher Reeve SupermanHeath Ledger JokerTobey Maguire Spider-ManHugh Jackman Wolverine
Alter Egos ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )Clark KentBruce WaynePeter ParkerMatt Murdock (I'm Not Daredevil)

Vote for your top three, and the top two will be included. You can't put your own in first.

1. Blast from the Past
2. Future Tense
3. Alter Egos

---

Job 161: nominate costumes for Gambit

Like usual, we'll nominate a default costume and 1-7 alternate costumes for Gambit.

Job 162: nominate a stage for Scott Pilgrim

Since we're having two guest stages, each guest character will have a stage of their own! Since Scott got in first, we'll have his stage nomination first.

D

Deleted member

1. Squirrel Girl
2. Magik
3. Jessica Jones

1. Future Tense
2. Blast from the Past
3. Alter Egos

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Scott Pilgrim stage: Toronto Streets

The streets of Toronto, where businesses like No-Account Video (where Kim works), the CD store Shock Wave, and Dee's Tex Mex can be seen in the background. Scott's friends and acquaintances like Ramona Flowers, Stephen Stills, Kim Pine, Knives Chau, and Wallace Wells can be seen hanging out in the background. (though they could be replaced by other characters if Scott's being played as, since both movesets incorporate most of them; there's no shortage of Scott Pilgrim characters who could appear, such as Young Neil, Stacey Pilgrim (Scott's sister), Julie, or Michael Comeau, who knows everyone - even you)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I Will do all the jobs but for the moment I only have time for the votes.
  1. Magik
  2. Jessica Jones
  3. Jean
Also PinkFlare PinkFlare I love your moveset, I didnt submited Magik because I didnt had a clear idea for her moveset but yours looks great so far.

1. Alter Ego
  2. Future Tense
  3. It's Good to be Evil

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
MAGIK MOVESET
General Playstyle
Magik is a close-range combatant with accessible air mobility and an emphasis on combo-chaining opponents; In addition, she has a changing weight-class.
Her basic moves utulize the Soulsword, whilst her special attacks utulize magic.

Unique Ability 1 - Eldritch Armor
An ability lifted directly from the comics, using Magik's magical attacks overtime will result in mystical armor - known as Eldritch Armor, appearing on her body. Given her character is limbo-themed, this armor tends to have demonic aspects to it's design, including horns and hooves.
For every continuous combo of magic attacks used, Magik levels up into another stage of armor, each with their own feature; Essentially, this is a very stylized rage mechanic. Each set of armor increases her weight, meaning Magik can start out a lightweight and end the fight as a tank.
The stages include:

• Stage 0 (No armor) - Beginning stage for Magik.​
  • 1st Stage (Left arm and chestplate) - The area in which she gains armor for using her sword in the comics; This strengthens her sword-based attacks​
  • 2nd Stage (Boots and crotchplate) - This unlocks her full Stepping Disc ability, which increases her air mobility​
  • 3rd Stage (Helmet) - This increases her overall defense, making her health harder to deplete​
  • 4th Stage (Full armor) - Her "Full Deflect" special move becomes available​
  • 5th Stage (Demon features) - Magik in her most powerful state; All her attacks are boosted for a limited time. Once this time is up, she reverts back to 4th Stage armor, and Demon Stage is left on a cool down.​
If any of her combos are broken by an opponent, or if she receives too much damage from a single combo, her armor level reverts back a stage; This is a proportionate effect, meaning she can lose two or more stages of armor from very long, high damage combos, or just a single stage from a basic multi-hit combo.

Unique Ability 2 (Passive) - Double Jump
She can double jump by summoning a stepping disc under her feet in midair - this is automatic and simply done as part of her double jump animation.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Energy ChargeHCB + X
(Air OK)
Magik magically charges her Soulsword for the next several attacks; this boosts the speed of any attack, and once the charge runs out, Magik swings her Soulsword to send an energy blast, doing both projectile damage (blast) and melee damage (sword)
Surprise AttackQCF + X + Directional
(Air OK)
Magik teleports forward and slashes the opponent in a single powerful sword strike, which has a slight knockback effect
This can be aimed anywhere using a directional input, including in the air
Queen's CommandDP + XMagik opens a portal to Limbo using the Soulsword, and summons her demon servant S'ym for a ground slam attack, before he jumps back into the portal
Astral ProjectionDown, Down + X, XMagik projects her spirit out of her body - mechanically, this functions as a shadow attack, in which her astral form follows closely behind her body and echoes every attack for a short period.
Spinning FlameHCF + XUsing dark magic, Illyana charges her Soulsword as she spins forward in a multi-hit attack, which a flame effect that burns opponents
Stepping Discs (2nd Stage)Jump + XBy pressing the jump and attack buttons while at the second stage of armor, Magik's midair basic attack will be replaced with the stepping disc, which allows her to walk in the air

She can only do this once in the air, and the move replenishes once she touches the ground
Full Deflect (4th Stage)QCB + UAMagik deflects the damage and effects on any move back onto the opponent, regardless of what the attack is.
This move has a limited window upon activation, requiring precise timing in order to be effective

Super Move NameInputDescription
Level 1 - Healing Fire2QCB + XIllyanna magically forms a pentagram around herself, which surrounds herself with flames. These flames both damage the opponent if physically contacted, and slowly heal Magik for 10% of her lost health.
Level 2 - Power of the Soulsword2QCF + XMagik supercharges her Soulsword, and leaps in for a lunge whilst teleporting her sword to the opponent's location; This can be blocked but not dodged, and deal significant damage and inflicts bleed
Level 3 - The Queen of Limbo (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedMagik teleports in for a brutal stab in the opponent
This starts the cinematic, in which she teleports both herself and the opponent into her home dimension of Limbo. Magik transforms into her Darkchylde form, and calls upon a demon army which then surrounds the opponent; The demons relentlessly attack the opponent one by one, ending with Magik performing a powerful black magic sword strike that teleports the opponent back into the stage, ending the cinematic.
I have finished my Magik moveset! I have quoted it here for convenience but you can view it in my original write-up for Magik in one of the above posts. I apologize for the sloppy timing, but I encourage ya'll to take a look and consider my completed nomination, as opposed to what I submitted earlier!

I also made an editorial change to my Mister Miracle move-set; None of the moves were changed, with the exception of Tether and Winch and Cutting Laser trading their respective directional inputs. Otherwise I changed a few sentences and made the presentation nicer.

Also PinkFlare PinkFlare I love your moveset, I didnt submited Magik because I didnt had a clear idea for her moveset but yours looks great so far.
Also, thank you! Your Phoenix moveset is also really great, in fact it's very similar to the concept I had planned for the Sentry moveset during the 21st Century round, in which he and The Void would have their own special moves. Given the benefit of hindsight, it probably would have made more sense for me to nominate the moveset and the character at once, but instead I'll just hold on to that idea for a future nomination round.

While we're on the topic of voting for this round, here are my votes:
1. Gamora
2. Magik
3. Squirrel Girl

Gamora was the character I had planned to nominate to begin with; She fills out a lot of niches I think this roster needs filled, and I had an idea to make her an airborne sword fighter with tech-based attacks using her space armor
Squirrel Girl is the perfect gag character for Marvel's roster, so she gets a vote from me.
Phoenix would have been my 4th vote if I had the option. In all honesty, I thought about nominating her for DLC before we even started the first round, but when we finally started doing them, I opted not to put her on my nominations list as doesn't seem to be very popular in this thread.

And for costumes:
1. Future Tense
2. Alter Ego
3. Good to be Evil

I did want to as about the Good to be Evil pack; Are Premiere costumes meant to go along with the regular costumes? I had figured they would have been their own jobs. Otherwise, that does open up my options for future Costume Packs

If it's alright, I'll be splitting up my job submissions into a separate post from this one. Hope that doesn't count as a double-post

Last edited:
Top Bottom