• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Cosmic character submission:
The beyonder (Resubmission)
View attachment 360863
I know it's a weird choice, but...

The Beyonder is one of cosmic characters from Marvel Comics and he is a singular entity with no duplicate versions of himself in other universes, similar to the Living Tribunal. It is responsible for pitting Earth's mightiest heroes and villains against each other in the Secret Wars.
The beyonder would be weird choice for Marvel VS DC fighting game, but he could make sense in the roster.

His moveset would be based on manipulating reality such as changing the states of matter for example. He could also use his psionic powers to attack opponents or trick them.
He could have an ability to fly or teleport, since he is a cosmic character.
Also one of his super moves could allow him to reveal his true form:
View attachment 360864
(He would have nerfed moveset)

I nominate him, because he could be suprising DLC character choice and his moveset would be cool.
To be clear, this round is for DC cosmic characters, not cosmic characters in general.

Scott Pilgrim cards:

-Knives Chau
  • Age: 17. Scott dated her on a whim before breaking up with her to be with Ramona, and Knives took it hard. When she's named "Knives" and her father's a master swordsman, this definitely isn't a good thing. She used to idolize Envy Adams before Envy had a band member punch the highlights out of Knives's hair.
-Envy Adams
  • Scott's ex-girlfriend and former bandmate who brutally dumped him when they were in college, Natalie "Envy" Adams formed the band The Clash At Demonhead with Lynette Guycott and Todd Ingram, becoming overnight celebrities. Her weak point is the back of her knees.
-Wallace Wells
  • Scott's friend and roommate, Wallace is gossipy, sarcastic, and has a thing for guys with glasses. He's the only member of Scott's circle of friends who isn't a fighter or a musician, and he owns almost everything in the apartment that he shares with Scott.
-Matthew Patel
  • The first of Ramona's Evil Exes, who has mystical powers that allow him to throw fireballs and summon demonic hipster chicks. He dated Ramona for a week and a half, but he took the break-up very badly, swearing to ruin Ramona's love life. Beating him causes to drop roughly $2 Canadian, which isn't even enough for bus fare.
-Lucas Lee
  • Ramona's second Evil Ex, who's become a star of cheesy action movies. A former skateboarder turned sell-out actor, he doesn't take the whole "evil ex" thing as seriously as the others, and he's easily dared into doing near-suicidal stunts if he thinks that girls are watching.
-Todd Ingram
  • Ramona's third Evil Ex and the bass player for The Clash At Demonhead. He has psychic powers that come from a vegan diet, and he's dating the band's lead singer, Envy Adams. Unfortunately, his cheating (in more ways than one) comes back to bite him. Literally doesn't know the meaning of the word "incorrigible."
-Roxy Richter
  • Ramona's fourth Evil Ex, and her former college roommate. She's half-ninja, and the only Evil Ex that Ramona still gets along with.
-Kyle Katayanagi
  • Ramona's fifth Evil Ex, he dated her until he found out that she was dating his twin brother behind his back. An expert in robotics, he decided to always act together with his brother and let nothing divide them again.
-Ken Katayanagi
  • Ramona's sixth Evil Ex, he dated her until he found out that she was dating his twin brother behind his back. An expert in robotics, he decided to always act together with his brother and let nothing divide them again.
-Gideon Gordon Graves
  • Ramona's seventh Evil Ex, and a horrible person in general. He views all of his (ex-)girlfriends as existing to fawn over him, is abusive towards them, and founded a league to destroy Ramona's love life after a drunken rant on an advertising website.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I think I have something now, would probably do some edits if I think in something else.

GAMBIT MOVESET
General Playstyle
Gambit is a jack-of-all-trades, though his main trait would be the zoning (both physical and projectile-based) but he also has his tools to fight close the opponent without losing his damage potential.

Unique Ability - Kinetic Buildup
Gambit charges his cards with kinetic energy, these charges are saved has stocks (having a total of three stocks), using Deadly Deal you use one of these stocks enhancing the attack in different ways.
  • 1 Stock: The cards are quite stronger.
  • 2 Stocks: The cards deals a second hit in the form of an explosion.
  • 3 Stocks: The cards become unblockable, retaining all the previous bonifications.
In addition Gambit is able to do an additional jump and do wall-jumps and wall-clings.
MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Spinning Pole​
Mash XGambit spins his staff like a fan, similar to a move of Billy Kane, this works more has a combo ender than anything else.
Deadly Deal​
[4]6 + XGambit winds up and then tosses out several cards enhanced with kinetic energy straight forwards the opponent, this projectiles can't be reflected.
Cajun Strike​
236 + X (Up to 3 times)Gambit's rekka, a three-part combo with his staff that depending of the button pressed it would hit low (light), medium (medium) or high (heavy) being able to chain it in any combination.
Kinetic Burst​
623 + XGambit strikes the ground with his staff charged with kinetic energy doing an AoE explosion. Works has an anti-air and has an aircombo starter.
Trick Card​
214 + XGambit throws various cards to the air that after a few seconds are shooted at high speed at the opponent's direction.
Cajun Trick​
[2]8 + XGambit jumps to the opposite wall, then he jumps to the opponent and do different attacks depending of the pressed button (if light it would throw a pair of cards, if is medium it would do a dive kick and if is heavy it would do a heavy swing with his staff), he could also do a second jump to the other wall to trick the opponent (still being able to do an attack follow up next, though he can't do a new jump).
Kinetic Bomb​
22 + X (Air OK)Gambit tosses a card to the ground, the card is a timed bomb that could also be triggered if the opponent steps on in.
Check Your Pockets​
63214 + XA command grab where Remy slips a playing card into the opponent's costume, which will explode after a period of time.
Level 1 Super:
Cajun Explosion
236236 + X (Air OK)Gambit jumps to the opposite wall leaving cards that explodes in pillars of kinetic energy at his path, he can also jump to the wall of his side holding the attack button and pressing back.
Level 1 Super:
Raining Cards
214214 + X (Midair)Gambit charges a full deck of cards, and throws it up in the air; they then rain down on the stage, with each card doing small amounts of damage to the opponent.
Level 2 Super:
Kinetic Counter
214214 + XGambit does a pose, being able to catch any physical projectile (discounting exceptions like large projectiles or the Mjornir. After that he shoots the projectile against the opponent again enhanced with kinetic energy dealing 4 times the damage of the move (and being affected by the Kinetic Buildup stocks), you can also hold the button to mantain the release.
Level 3:
Royal Flush
All Buttons Pressed
Remy starts off by throwing his bo-staff to catch the opponent; This starts the cinematic in which he catches and supercharges his bo-staff, striking the opponent as it explodes. Remy backflips onto his feet and pulls out a full deck of cards, this time supercharging all of them before throwing them in the air. Very briefly he pulls out a rose, places it on the opponent's ear, and quickly moves out the way as the cards begin raining down, explosions everywhere.
The cinematic ends with Remy facing away from the explosions, and the rose falling gently through the air, as he catches it with his hand and bites it. He then reaches into his coat for a retractable spare bo-staff and the fight continues!

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I feel a little stuck, here. I'm going to post what I have here for Gambit's moveset and I want a little feedback on what else I should add (mainly asking you two Megadoomer Megadoomer Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer ); I'm not too sure about the Unique Ability and I feel like I could afford to have another special attack.
GAMBIT MOVESET (W.I.P.)
General Playstyle
Remy is a lightweight zoner with fast movements and an emphasis on projectile attacks - his staff offers both long reach and close range options for attacking in addition to his projectiles

Unique Ability (???) - Kinetic Buildup
Remy can catch and supercharge any projectile in the game and throw it back at the opponent (with the exception of Mjolnir and heavy projectiles such as cars)

Special Move NameInputDescription
Kinetic CardQCF + XGambit throws a set of 3 throwing cards in front of him
Sweeping StaffHCF + X (Air OK)Gambit quickly moves across the screen, spinning his staff as he does so.
This can be used as a wall jump
Sliding DeckQCB + XGambit slides a stack of cards across the floor that blow up either on impact with the opponent or after moving a certain distance
Check Your PocketDP + XUpon making contact with the opponent, Remy will slip a playing card into their costume, which will explode after a period of time
?????????

Super Move NameInputDescription
Supercharged Card2QCF + X + X (Release)Gambit supercharges a single card for maximum damage over a short period of time; Once fully charged, the player can release it by pressing the attack button again, causing a large explosion
Raining Cards2DP + XGambit charges a full deck of cards, and throws it up in the air; they then rain down on the stage, with each card doing small amounts of damage to the opponent
Royal FlushAll Buttons PressedA combination of his previous two supers, Remy starts off by throwing his bo-staff to catch the opponent; This starts the cinematic in which he catches and supercharges his bo-staff, striking the opponent as it explodes. Remy backflips onto his feet and pulls out a full deck of cards, this time supercharging all of them before throwing them in the air. Very briefly he pulls out a rose, places it on the opponent's ear, and quickly moves out the way as the cards begin raining down, explosions everywhere.
The cinematic ends with Remy facing away from the explosions, and the rose falling gently through the air, as he catches it with his hand and bites it. He then reaches into his coat for a retractable spare bo-staff and the fight continues!
Oh I was writting my own moveset when you made this one, I think is very cool!, mine's used more things of the MvC version. For the Unique Ability honestly I also didn't had too much ideas and yours is quite similar so I can't help sadly.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My votes for stages:
  • Smallvile
  • Khandaq
I will write the premier costume later, but for the cosmic round my submission is Hawkman, admitely I don't know too much about the character but wasn't he from the space?, or at least his powers. Let me know if you don't consider it fitting.
1663260530429.png

D

Deleted member

1. Hall of Doom
2. Krypton
LOBO (1).png

Lobo
A fowl mouthed and violent bounty hunter. Lobo is the last of the Czarnians, because he wiped out his own species. Dispite his arrogant and brutal behavior, Lobo allways honors an agreement, and holds a huge soft spot for space dolphins. Lobo has clashed with various superheroes, but has actualy helped them on some occasions. Lobo could have some amazing interactions with characters like Deadpool and Rocket Raccon.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
For the Gambit moveset, he doesn't have an anti-air special as far as I can tell, so maybe that could fill that last spot?

As for the unique ability, I'm not 100% sure about Gambit's powers; would he normally be able to catch non-physical objects like Superman's eye lasers or Iron Man's Repulsor Beam?
Truth be told I don't count those as projectiles since they're not physical items. I'm only really referring to stuff like Batarangs, Spider-Webs, Cap and WW's shields etc.
I'm not too sure on the unique ability because it seems limited, but Gambit's ability to charge any object is something I want to play int- actually scratch all that, I think I just thought of a solution to my own problem.
I'll include an Anti-Air too! Thanks for the tip

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Remind me, are we considering the Watchmen DC characters, or guest characters?
Rorschach was included in the DC Wildcard round, so I guess they count as just normal DC. Though I don't think any characters from that universe qualify for a Cosmic round

Well,we have 3 Teen Titans members (Nightwing,Raven and Cyborg),i feel that one more Teen Titans member joins the roster (maybe Beast Boy also joins too),her moveset would be the same from Injustice 2
Technically, Blue Beetle is also a member of the TT that we have on the roster :3

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Kahndaq
2. Smallville
Mostly went for visual variety among our current stages.

DC Cosmic Character: Space Cabbie

He drives a space taxi, specifically Space Cab #7433. He's a really good pilot of pretty much everything, he's been on a lot of wacky escapades transfering characters like Superman and Lobo cross-cosmos, and while many may disregard him as a joke I think he would be a really fun inclusion. Maybe he would fight in his cab the whole time like the Daytona car from Fighters Megamix, or just summon it for different attacks. He could also have a mechanic where he charges fare (health) from fighters for his throws where he drives them as far as the stage will go. He's also had quite a few modern appearances like in Harley Quinn and Justice League Action.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My votes for stages:
  • Smallvile
  • Khandaq
I will write the premier costume later, but for the cosmic round my submission is Hawkman, admitely I don't know too much about the character but wasn't he from the space?, or at least his powers. Let me know if you don't consider it fitting.
Hawkman's fine - his history is confusing, but he's a Thanagarian alien at different points in his history, so I figure he qualifies for a cosmic character.

Remind me, are we considering the Watchmen DC characters, or guest characters?
Watchmen characters are DC, though I'm not sure if any of them qualify for this round. (Maybe Dr. Manhattan, but that feels like a stretch to me)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I will submit Shayera Hol AKA Hawkgirl
Hawkgirl.png

A cop from Thanagar and the partner/wife of Hawkman. She's usually associated with her husband but she has appeared on her own in the past, such as in the Justice League cartoon as a founding member as well as Injustice.

She uses her Nth Mace and she can fly. She has just about every perk that comes with adding Hawkman except she's also a girl (which we could still use more of)

D

Deleted member

Cosmic character submission:
The beyonder (Resubmission)
View attachment 360863
I know it's a weird choice, but...

The Beyonder is one of cosmic characters from Marvel Comics and he is a singular entity with no duplicate versions of himself in other universes, similar to the Living Tribunal. It is responsible for pitting Earth's mightiest heroes and villains against each other in the Secret Wars.
The beyonder would be weird choice for Marvel VS DC fighting game, but he could make sense in the roster.

His moveset would be based on manipulating reality such as changing the states of matter for example. He could also use his psionic powers to attack opponents or trick them.
He could have an ability to fly or teleport, since he is a cosmic character.
Also one of his super moves could allow him to reveal his true form:
View attachment 360864
(He would have nerfed moveset)

I nominate him, because he could be suprising DLC character choice and his moveset would be cool.
The Beyonder is a marvel character BTW. This is a DC round

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Well I end up doing a small change to my own Gambit moveset, though I also find certain parts of 1SecondNinja's submissions greater (especially that Level 3 that it's awesome).

But now moving into premier costumes.
Dr. Fate Premiere Costumes:
1663263203472.png
KHALID NASSOUR
Afaik, the current Doctor Fate, there is no need to do changes especially since I bring some ideas of Kent's moveset of him.
NABU
Alongside the current Doctor Fate why not the first one?, the creator of the Helmet of Fate. I think there is nothing else necessary to change much like Khalid.​

I was thinking to submit Doctor Strangefate instead of Nabu but that card was already used by Doctor Strange.

Last edited:
Cosmic DC Character:
Dr. Manhattan
1663262691050.png
Dr. Manhattan is a cosmic character from DC comic series who appeared also in Watchmen comic series and he was used to be a human called Dr. Johnattan Osterman (who was a scientist during that time). When he was caught in the radioactive particle test, he died and he was reborn as god-like entity Dr. Manhattan.
He is one of most known characters in Watchmen comics and he is one of cosmic DC characters that could appear in the roster. Although he isn't known outside the Watchmen series, but he is still somewhat popular DC cosmic character.

As for his moveset, he would use his god-like powers like electrokinesis, time travel (he would dodge/reverse his attacks), flight, emit radiation from his body and reality alteration for notorious example. He could even be invulnerable for while as one of his moves or even he could teleport as one of his moves.

Also he won't have all abilities to make this game more balanced (also his moveset would be slightly nerfed to make him a balanced fighter).

I nominate him, because he would be cool choice for cosmic DC character since his moveset would be interesting and he would be one of Watchmen characters to be in the roster of the game.

The Beyonder is a marvel character BTW. This is a DC round
Yeah, I know. I didn't read the prompt completely.

D

Deleted member

Cosmic DC Character:
Dr. Manhattan
View attachment 360869
Dr. Manhattan is a cosmic character from DC comic series who appeared also in Watchmen comic series and he was used to be a human called Dr. Johnattan Osterman (who was a scientist during that time). When he was caught in the radioactive particle test, he died and he was reborn as god-like entity Dr. Manhattan.
He is one of most known characters in Watchmen comics and he is one of cosmic DC characters that could appear in the roster. Although he isn't known outside the Watchmen series, but he is still somewhat popular DC cosmic character.

As for his moveset, he would use his god-like powers like electrokinesis, time travel (he would dodge/reverse his attacks), flight, emit radiation from his body and reality alteration for notorious example. He could even be invulnerable for while as one of his moves or even he could teleport as one of his moves.

Also he won't have all abilities to make this game more balanced (also his moveset would be slightly nerfed to make him a balanced fighter).

I nominate him, because he would be cool choice for cosmic DC character since his moveset would be interesting and he would be one of Watchmen characters to be in the roster of the game.

Yeah, I know. I didn't read the prompt completely.
Does Manhattan really count as "Cosmic"?

Honestly I just really dislike the idea of Watchmen characters in here. The creator has outright said he doesn't like the way dc use Watchmen. I'm not gonna judge anyone for submitting them but yeah

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Big Barda

One of the New Gods, Big Barda formerly served as one of Darkseid's Female Furies before meeting and falling in love with Scott Free/Mister Miracle. Gameplay-wise, Big Barda isn't very tricky, serving as a hard-hitting bruiser with lots of super armour like the Hulk. If you'd want to run in and smash whoever gets in your way, she'd be your choice.

Last edited:
Does Manhattan really count as "Cosmic"? He goes to Space like once.

Honestly I just really dislike the idea of Watchmen characters in here. The creator has outright said he doesn't like the way dc use Watchmen. I'm not gonna judge anyone for submitting them but yeah
So he is eligible or not?

I thought he was eligible because he was featured in 20 most powerful DC cosmic characters ranked.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So he is eligible or not?

I thought he was eligible because he was featured in 20 most powerful DC cosmic characters ranked.
It's your call. I can see why he'd be considered one, but I can also see why he wouldn't be (he does travel across and between universes, though his space adventures mostly happen off-screen). I figure people will vote for him or not depending on how comfortable they are with the idea.

D

Deleted member

Admitly I haven't read all of Doomsday clock so there may be something there.

I didn't mean to sound like a grump lol

It's your call. I can see why he'd be considered one, but I can also see why he wouldn't be (he does travel across and between universes, though his space adventures mostly happen off-screen). I figure people will vote for him or not depending on how comfortable they are with the idea.
I mean, I think he should count for this job.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I mean, I think he should count for this job.
Then stick with him as your nomination. I'm fine with it, especially since this is a fun hypothetical thread rather than an actual game. (now, if Warner Bros. had Dr. Manhattan as paid DLC for Injustice 3, that might raise a few eyebrows)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Does Manhattan really count as "Cosmic"? He goes to Space like once.

I feel the exact same way about Watchmen! nuzzles you
I'm not gonna say people shouldn't submit them obviously, but I won't really be voting for those characters.

Admitly I haven't read all of Doomsday clock so there may be something there.

I didn't mean to sound like a grump lol
There isn't really anything interesting about Dr. M in Doomsday Clock. The most cosmic thing he does is like, fight the JL on Mars.
On another note Doomsday Clock kinda sucked lol

Big Barda

One of the New Gods, Big Barda formerly served as one of Darkseid's Female Furies before meeting and falling in love with Scott Free/Mister Miracle. Gameplay-wise, Big Barda isn't very tricky, serving as a hard-hitting bruiser with lots of super armour like the Hulk. If you'd want to run in and smash whoever gets in your way, she'd be your choice.
Just curious, but were you planning on submitting Mr. Miracle before I got to him?

On another note, I'm at work so I won't be able to update my movesets or do my nomination writeup just yet. However, I did make a slight edit to my Invincible moveset; no moves were changed, I just made the character more air-viable and changed a sentence in his general playstyle

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just curious, but were you planning on submitting Mr. Miracle before I got to him?
Nope! It just worked out that way; I wanted to nominate one of the New Gods, and Big Barda seemed like a good fit for a fighting game based on my limited experience with that franchise. (other characters that I considered were Sinestro and the Anti-Monitor)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 154: Cosmic DC Character (DLC)
MISTER MIRACLE
Alias: Scott Free
First Appearance: Mister Miracle #1 (April, 1971)

Created by none other than Jack Kirby himself: A New God born of the planet New Genesis, adopted to be the son of Darkseid in a diplomatic treaty, and tortured throughout his childhood by the infamous Granny Goodness, Scott Free vowed to never let his spirit break, and rebelled against the totalitarian ideology of Apokolips, before eventually fleeing the planet. Some would call this a simple miracle, but it was here Scott truly discovered his innate ability for escape; traveling to Earth and adopting the persona of his then mentor, Scott would become a stage performer known as Mister Miracle, the Super Escape Artist! There is nothing he can't escape, with the exception of his own fans' hearts!

Being a creation of Jack Kirby, Mister Miracle was quickly accepted as a beloved character, and shot up among DC fans as a cult favorite hero, one that continues to make modern appearances as he pertains a direct correlation to the Old and New Gods, DC's premier cosmic entities; In addition, his series' have received critical acclaim, with the original Jack Kirby Mister Miracle series being cited as a contribution for his 1971 Special Achievement Award, and the 2017 Tom King series (Yes, the Tom King) winning Best Limited Series!

Now, normally I would simply move onto getting the power-set down with the different abilities that Scott could call to the table; And he definitely has planty, such as a genius level intellect, expert hand-to-hand combatant knowledge, multiple advanced technologies, energy manipulation, and full access to the Anti-Life Equation!
However, it seems we have some tough competition this round, so I'm going all-out with this nomination!

MR. MIRACLE MOVESET
General Playstyle
Scott is a high-learning curve technical fighter, with a focus on trick-play, trap setups, unpredictable movements and gadgetry attacks

Unique Ability - Super Escape Artist
Mister Miracle has a Stageshow gauge that automatically fills itself overtime, but at a slow rate; Attacking the opponent can speed up the process.
Once the gauge is fully filled, the player can use the Super Escape Artist move as describe below

Special Move NameInputDescription
Super Escape Artist (Unique Action)UA + DirectionalScott sways his cape across himself, in which a smoke bomb falls out and completely engulfs Scott; This acts as a teleportation move in which Scott can reappear anywhere on the stage

The significance of this move is its ability to be used as an ultimate dodging technique - Scott can use it if he is locked within an opponent's combo, as a counter-move, or to dodge incoming projectiles, and even unblockable moves! This can be considered as the ultimate escape from the clutches of any opponent who challenges Scott!
Multi-CubeQCF + X + X + DirectionalScott's pulls out most important tool, his Multi-Cube, for a variety of functions to use against opponents in combat. Pressing the attack button once with the input has Scott simply make the cube visible in his hand; the attacks are used upon pressing the attack button again.
There are 4 main attacks, each with a different directional input

No Direction - Cutting Laser: Scott fires a miniature laser that does damage against the opponent

Forward- Tether and Winch: Scott fires a grapnel that reaches across the stage; Once attached, Scott will be reeled in by the grapnel until he makes contact with either the stage wall or the opponent; It cannot be canceled

Backward - Corrosive Spray: Scott sprays the opponent in a liquid material that does damage overtime as a status effect, until it wears off

Up & Down - Sonic Ray: Scott fires a sonic ray that acts as a push tool, preventing the opponent from moving forward against Scott. Once the move is finished, Scott now has a temporary opening for a counterattack
Aero DiscsHCF + XScott activates a pair of his signature Aero Discs under his feet; This increases his movement speed as he floats above the ground.
Inputting the move again after he has the Discs active will have Scott throw them as dual projectiles
DeathtrapHCB + XScott places a trap on the ground, of which he is immune. However, if the opponent steps on it, they will take significant damage
The trap self-implodes after a period of not being activated
Test DummyDP + XScott, using his motherbox, opens a boomtube above him, in which a life-like Mister Miracle test dummy falls out in front of him; This dummy acts as a shield against an opponent's attack, but has relatively low health
Concussion BombQCB + XScott throws a set of tiny bombs that do no damage, but stun the opponent in a temporary daze. They can be easily blocked or dodged

Super Move NameInputDescription
Level 1 - Special Assistance2QCF + XScott calls for his Motherbox to open a boomtube, in which Big Barda leaps out and slashes the opponent with her sword, doing a 3-hit combo before leaping back into the closing tube.
Dialogue can be exchanged between Scott and Barda
Level 2 - The Alpha Effect2QCB + X(The Alpha Effect is an innate godly ability within Scott that is the anti-thesis to Darkseid's Omega Level powers)

Scott engulfs himself in a beam of light that does slight damage and knockback against the opponent; Once finished, Scott is now in a hyper-powered state (signified by light glowing around him) in which all his moves are augmented and his health slowly replenishes up to a maximum of 20%
Level 3 - The Greatest Escape! (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedScott blinds the opponent in a flash of light, which starts the cinematic
The opponent wakes up dangling from a rope on a stage, tied down via a straightjacket; Suddenly, a neon sign above them turns on, revealing the words "Now Performing: Mister Miracle!"
A vat of electric eels opens up below the opponent as they are then encased in a metal tomb with a timed explosive attached; slumber gas then fills the room, as the rope is cut and they suddenly drop into the vat, being electrocuted through the metal casing. The explosive then goes off, engulfing the stage before it falls apart, revealing the stage itself was set on a train track!
Mister Miracle whips his cape across the screen, engulfing it in smoke as he bows for the player, whilst the sounds of a train hitting the opponent are heard in the background, ending the cinematic!

Reasons for Inclusion:
  • Fan-favorite character with award-winning series
  • Highly unique moveset potential, as there isn't another fighter anywhere near as technical on the roster
  • Never been included in Injustice or other fighting games, making him unmarked territory
  • Represents a new series of his own and expands the scope of the current represented DC Universe
  • Fits into the current roster's story by having a direct link to Darkseid
  • Edit: Oh yeah, he's also voiced by Roger Craig Smith, aka Sonic the Hedgehog!!

-------
Just as an aside from this nomination, my Gambit moveset has also been completed!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
First of all, here are the results for the DC stage poll:

-Krypton: 2
-Smallville: 3
-Hall of Doom: 4
-Kahndaq: 6

As a result, we'll be adding Kahndaq as our first DLC stage, which seems fitting since we're also adding Black Adam in this round.

The results of the rivalry polls are:

• Black Adam's rival will be Doctor Doom!
  • Gambit's rival will be the Joker!
  • Scott Pilgrim's rival will be Cyclops! (setting up the Scott vs. Scott showdown)
  • Invincible's rival will be Superman!
Here are the premiere costume polls. (Rocket and Starro won't get any premiere costumes)

(by the way, by sheer coincidence, Marvel recently revealed a design for young Agatha Harkness in case you wanted to use an official image)

Here's the poll for Gambit's moveset; it's between 1SecondNinja's moveset and Infinity Sorcerer's moveset.

---

Here are your nominees for the DC cosmic round:

dc cosmic dlc nominations.png

-Mister Miracle ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Starfire ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Hawkman ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Lobo (@Darkonedagger)
-Space Cabbie ( Janx_uwu Janx_uwu )
-Hawkgirl ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Dr. Manhattan ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Big Barda ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )

As usual, vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Mister Miracle
2. Big Barda
3. Hawkgirl

---

Job 155: nominate premiere costumes for Blue Beetle, Ultimate Spider-Man, Cyborg, the Wasp, Darkseid, and Thanos

I'm going to finish off the rest of the roster in one fell swoop - personally, I can only think of a premiere costume for one of these characters, which I'll post later. (unless someone else posts it first)

Job 156: nominate a Marvel stage for DLC

You can pick any location that hasn't already been covered in the base line-up.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Truth be told, this definitely isn't the lineup I had expected for this round. I'm surprised we didn't get another Lantern or more Superman villains, given they make up a lot of DC's cosmic library. With that said, a lot of good choices here, a lot of which make sense as characters, and we a great oddball pick with the likes Space Cabbie!
With that said, my votes will be:

1. Big Barda
2. Mister Miracle
3. Space Cabbie

I feel like Fourth World is just very important to Cosmic DC as a whole, so my top votes go to the New/Old Gods.

Job 155: Premiere Costumes
I'm going to hold off on this one until later today, mostly because there aren't a lot of options to begin with

Job 156: Marvel Stages
THE SAVAGE LAND
Similar to how we have added Black Adam and Khandaq together, it's only fitting we also add an X-Men stage with our recent X-Men character addition! (Though, this stage doesn't have any direct relation to Gambit); It's a pretty significant location from the X-Men series, and Marvel in general, with the main appeal being it's the only known location on Earth where Dinosaurs are still alive, as well as other extinct creatures! We did already have a couple X-Men stages in the base game, but I figure for DLC we can afford to expand; and we likely won't have Dinosaurs anywhere else in this game, so we may as well throw this in

---

On another note, I think we have a fine lineup of DC stages now; Unfortunate for the Hall of Doom to not make it in but we still have future rounds to look forward to

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Wasp premiere costume:

Nadia van Dyne

Nadia is the daughter of Hank Pym, and Janet's step-daughter. (which technically makes her the Vision's aunt - the Pym family tree is only matched by the Summers family tree in terms of weirdness, at least within Marvel) She inherited her father's love of science, and also his struggles with bipolar disorder. Kidnapped by the Red Room at a young age, Nadia's infectious optimism and unbridled creativity allowed her to escape once she recreated Pym Particles. Upon arriving in America and discovering that her father was dead/missing, she took on the mantle of the Wasp, trying to live up to Hank's example. (or at least, the example that she's built up for herself in her head)

Her level 3 super would be exactly the same; I don't see any reason to change it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Stage nomination: Chronopolis

While it's unlikely to have ties to any of Marvel's DLC characters, I think it would work well as a stage because its location (outside of time) and premise means that you could justify the appearances of anyone and anything. Set on one of the Aztec-looking temples in the bottom right of the image, you can see Kang's gleaming golden spire in the background. Pterodactyls fly overhead, and characters like the Avengers of 1 million BC, Carter Slade, the time-displaced original X-Men, Spider-Man 2099, Ravonna, and Zarrko the Tomorrow Man could appear in the background.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2021-04-05-foto-quadrinho-madripoor-1024x525.png

Madripoor

An island near Singapore and a location visited by many characters, mainly the X Men. Its been featured in the MCU. The stage would take place inside the rich city, with characters hanging out in bars and nightclubs and watching the battle.

Top Bottom