• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Blue Marvel

Adam Brashear was a physicist, engineer, and Korean War veteran who was caught in the explosion of an anti-matter reactor, gaining superpowers but losing his best friend in the process. Wearing a full face mask, Dr. Brashear (going by the name of Blue Marvel) fought alien invaders and other superpowered threats throughout the 1950s and 60s... until his costume was damaged in battle and the public found out that he was black. As this was during the era of the Civil Rights movement, this didn't go over well, and he was forced to step down by the president of the United States. Faking the Blue Marvel's death, Adam Brashear retired into obscurity until the present day.

Having been involved in the cosmic side of Marvel ever since Al Ewing's work on the Ultimates in 2015, Blue Marvel has helped Galactus to become the Lifebringer that he would have eventually became, traveled across universes, been named the godfather of the Watcher's child, and been involved in a conflict between Eternity and the very first embodiment of Marvel's universe, the First Firmament.

In addition to flight, extreme durability, and strength roughly on par with Thor or the Hulk, Blue Marvel also has the ability to absorb, generate, and manipulate anti-matter, which seems like it would cause concern among the DC cast given that the main person over there who's associated with anti-matter is the Anti-Monitor. Plus, he's one of Marvel's many Superman substitutes, and this would be a rare opportunity for Marvel's cast to interact with the real deal.

(I'm not overly familiar with the cosmic side of either company, but I'd think that Blue Marvel would qualify here; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 87:Silver Surfer

images (3).jpeg

Norrin Radd (AKA Silver Surfer) is an alien superhero who can travel through space with his surfboard. Silver Surfer is very popular,outside in comics he's appears on Super Hero Squad, various fantastic four cartoons and the second fantastic four movie and video games being a cameo character or playable character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thor costumes:

1. Default

2. Classic

3. Unworthy (though with Mjolnir rather than an axe)

4. Ultimate

5. Battle Armor

6. Fear Itself

7. Cosmic

8. Incredible Hulk Returns/Made For TV

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gamora_(Earth-TRN765)_from_Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance_3_The_Black_Order_001.png

Gamora
We should really have a GOTG character on the roster. I think MVC:I actually made a smart choice by going with Gamora. She's a master assassin who would use a mix of weapons, including her guns and word, and psychical combat. Her father is one of the main villians of our game, which could lead to some good interactions.

Thor's_Centrifugal_Force.jpg

Classic

8_4.jpg

Cosmic

7_5.jpg

Unworthy

d3cmech-8de933e7-9ed3-4941-acfc-6be6e811e287.jpg

Ultimate

DIwY1HBUIAAOVXo.jpg

Ragnarok

TDP-Z-Thor-Love-and-Thunder-02.jpg

Love and Thunder

Old_King_Thor.jpg

King Thor

Oddball

Smash Lord
thor32.jpg
Default (Classic Thor)

Heroic Age Thor.png
Heroic Age

Movie Thor.jpg
Movie Thor

Thor in armor.jpg
Armored Thor

Thor.png
90s Thor

Ultimate Thor.jpg
Ultimate Thor

Red Norville.png
Red Norville Red

Frog Thor.jpg
Frog Thor (Because Thor was once turned into a frog.. but he's still THOR! (basically this is regular Thor with green skin, frog feet, and a big frog head)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Similar to yesterday, we're going to have a poll for today's stages. Not sure if I'll just include one stage from this or include the top two; there are only two spots left for Marvel stages, so I'm leaning towards one so that there's a spot left over in case any of the remaining characters have a clear stage choice associated with them.

Honestly, if we don't really have any character with a significantly obvious stage join, I'd say the runner up of this poll should just be the next stage. But that's just me.

I looked through the other nominations for Thor Costumes. I'm honestly surprised how a lot of them line up with my own picks; I guess Thor's costumes are just obvious decisions.

Default (Modern/Heroic Age)

Classic

Ultimate

I'm honestly surprised by this one's popularity; the Ultimate universe wasn't really looked to for alternate costumes of the other Marvel heroes. But perhaps Thor has always been unique in this regard, given how this design stands out among the usual Thor designs, in comparison to Ultimate Spider-Man, Captain America or Hulk essentially being the same as the selected default counterparts.

Unworthy

Like other people have said, the axe would be replaced with Mjolnir (There is an unworthy-based design with a hammer but I felt that it was too spoilery given the context so I just opted for the traditional unworthy design)

Fortnite Cosmic

Battle Armor

Old King

Norse God

Okay, this one needs to be explained. This isn't Marvel. I get it. I just think Norse Mythology Thor is cool. It's the original Thor; how can it not be?

Shoutouts to Throg, MCU Thor and the Destroyer Armor; All of them are great choices made by ya'll and had I not maxed out my 8 I would have picked them.

Job 87: Cosmic Marvel Character
ADAM WARLOCK
Alias: Him
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #66 (September 1967)

The anti-thesis to Thanos, a Guardian of the Galaxy, and one of the most powerful cosmic entities in the Marvel Universe; Of course, it is none other than Adam Warlock. To say he is important is merely scratching the surface; Warlock was responsible for massively expanding the scope of Marvel's cosmic storylines, being a central character in several key storylines, including the original Infinity War, in which he was responsible for defeating Thanos and Mephisto. If the Fantastic Four (and related characters) weren't being used, Adam Warlock was the go to Cosmic hero; he's essentially built a name for himself as a standalone Cosmic hero and one of the most important in Marvel's cosmic library; of course, this also doesn't stop him from being a core member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and one of the first to join Star-Lord's team after Annhilation.

Adam's basic abilities include superhuman speed, strength, agility, stamina and durability. Nothing too exhilirating, but once again, this merely scratches the surface. His powers beyond that include the ability ti manipulate the energy around him, particularly cosmic energy, to either fly or perform energy blasts; His cosmic powers would eventually grow more mystical as the type of energy he manipulated became grander, given him newly hightened abilities such as manifesting matter, creating forcefields and black holes, teleporation, resurrection (both on himself and others) and traveling faster than light; he can also read the cosmic aura of other individuals, not unlike Lucario's ability to read people's moral aura.
The most interesting of Warlock's ability is his evolutionary cocoon; Warlock can enter this cocoon for an extended period of time, and emerged more powerful than he was before, which was the process in which he gained and developed most of the powers listed above. It should be noted that leaving the cocoon before a full evolutionary process is done will result in him emerging in a weaker (but not vulnerable) state.
And the cherry on top: Adam has a history with the (all 6) Infinity Stones, but very specifically the Soul stone, in which he was it's owner for years, and gaining a full understand of it's power, including the realm within the Soul stone.
And just to flex his absolute power: Warlock has had one on one fights with Thor, Drax the Destroyer, Silver Surfer, Thanos and Mephisto, and won all of them.

Reasons for Inclusion: Warlock, despite being important to cosmic Marvel, is definitely not as popular as the other Guardians, Nova, or Silver Surfer; but this can equally be played as a strength. Not only has he not been in a fighting game, but he hasn't even been in any Ultimate Alliance game; this marks him as a character that's never been before in a moveset based crossover game, and on top of his insane moveset potential, this is new territory to be explored among Marvel's side of the roster. Moreover, his connection to Thanos, specifically being his arch-nemesis, makes his inclusion on the roster perfect as he would be a natural fit within this game's storyline, not to mention he already has a history of importance to Marvel's cosmic side of the universe.
And, this is insane to think about, but not a single Guardian of the Galaxy is on this roster yet. Adam has been a core member of the modern team since it was founded by Quill; having Warlock be the first Guardian in this roster would mark as both unexpected yet completely sensical, which the Marvel side of the roster needs. Either way, we need a Guardian, hence I nominate Adam.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Could I ask you to hold off on closing submissions until after I submit? I have an idea but I don't know if I'll be able to submit it before submissions close at the regular time (I'm about to go to sleep). It shouldn't be too much later, 2:00 PM EST at the absolute latest.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Could I ask you to hold off on closing submissions until after I submit? I have an idea but I don't know if I'll be able to submit it before submissions close at the regular time (I'm about to go to sleep). It shouldn't be too much later, 2:00 PM EST at the absolute latest.
Sure, I can wait a bit longer if needed.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Had to go back and make an edit to my Thor costumes. I forgot one I really wanted.

Alright, now cosmics ...
Nova.png

Nova: The Human Rocket

Richard Ryder was a typical teen until a dying alien randomly chose him to take his place as a member of the intergalatic peacekeeping force known as the Nova corps. Nova served as a superhero, often alongside fellow teen superheroes The New Warriors until the Annihilation Wave destroyed them all, leaving him with their combined power. Guided by the super-intelligent Worldmind computer, Richard Rider wages a one-man battle for justice throughout the cosmos as Nova.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Gorr is one of the most prominent Marvel villains created in the past decade, and recently made his on screen debut in Thor Love and Thunder. A loyal subject to the gods of his desolate planet, the death of his family in conjunction to his discovery of the conceit of the gods changed his views, now vowing to free the universe of their presence, becoming the God Butcher. He wields the Necrosword, a powerful blade linked to Knull and the symbiote hivemind, granting him immense powers. The film adaptation of the character, portrayed by Christian Bale, also has the ability to summon shadow monsters and control shadows. Should we add him I think we should use this scrapped concept art for Thor 4, as it serves as a good hybrid of the comic design and Bale's final portrayal.
1660325032040.png

D

Deleted member

Gorr is one of the most prominent Marvel villains created in the past decade, and recently made his on screen debut in Thor Love and Thunder. A loyal subject to the gods of his desolate planet, the death of his family in conjunction to his discovery of the conceit of the gods changed his views, now vowing to free the universe of their presence, becoming the God Butcher. He wields the Necrosword, a powerful blade linked to Knull and the symbiote hivemind, granting him immense powers. The film adaptation of the character, portrayed by Christian Bale, also has the ability to summon shadow monsters and control shadows. Should we add him I think we should use this scrapped concept art for Thor 4, as it serves as a good hybrid of the comic design and Bale's final portrayal.
View attachment 358498
cover2.jpg

Gorr when he finds out he didn't get in

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It hit me that I forgot to announce the winners for the DC stages. For DC, we're including the Tower of Fate and Titans Tower, while for Marvel, we're including Hell's Kitchen!

For the rival poll results, Wolverine's rival will be Ra's al Ghul, the Flash's rival will be Ghost Rider, and Captain America's rival will be Wonder Woman! I'll add those, and any move-lists and endings that have been posted, to the first post today.

Here are the Thor costumes that were nominated:
-Megadoomer
-Infinity Sorcerer
-Darkonedagger
-Oddball
-1SecondNinja

Glad to see that we got a good variety of costumes, even with there being plenty of overlap. (I wanted to include a redhead Thor, since I was pretty sure that he's a redhead rather than blonde in the Norse mythology, but I couldn't find a version of him from the comics that was redheaded)

In addition, we'll be voting on the cosmic Marvel nominations. We'll do ranked voting like usual, though we'll only be including one. (the only categories remaining for the base game are magic, 2000s character, and wildcard, and I don't think anyone wants those to be filled up before we actually get to them)

marvel cosmic nominations.png

-The Beyonder ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Star Lord ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Blue Marvel ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Silver Surfer ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Rocket Raccoon and Groot ( 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower )
-Gamora (@Darkonedagger )
-Adam Warlock ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Nova (Richard Ryder) ( Oddball Oddball )
-Gorr the God Butcher ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
-Drax (he and his nomination have mastered the ability of standing so incredibly still that they have become invisible to the eye)

(Drax isn't actually an option; I just couldn't resist the reference)

Vote for your top three; your own nomination can't be in first.

1. Adam Warlock (he's Thanos's arch-nemesis, so his presence makes sense, and he has a lot of gameplay potential (the cocoon could work as a unique action), along with some potentially fun interactions with the DC cast, like Shazam thinking that he's a former holder of Shazam's power given that some of his costumes have him dressed in red with a lightning bolt on his chest)
2. Blue Marvel (self-vote, but he's a great character who doesn't get a lot of use outside of Al Ewing's works, from what I've seen)
3. Rocket Raccoon and Groot (they've got a lot of moveset potential, combining Groot's plant-like abilities with Rocket's arsenal of weapons, and they seem like they'd be fun inclusions, especially from a writing/interaction standpoint)

---

Job 88: nominate Arcade Mode rivals for Aquaman and the Hulk

I'm going to try two rival nominations at a time rather than three. As usual, nominate a character who's from the opposing company.

Job 89: submit trading cards for villains

Since I made it so trading cards could be submitted at any time, I haven't gotten many people submitting them, so I'm going to try a theme to see if that sparks anyone's interest. You can submit cards for any villain, as long as they don't have cards already. (or you can submit descriptions for the playable villains; the only playable villains who already have descriptions are the Joker, Doctor Doom, Deathstroke, and Starro)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Rocket & Groot
2. Adam Warlock
3. Gamora

For Aquaman I'll go Black Panther. Two Kings of Powerful nations. Could also be a reference to bp's clashes with namor

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Star-Lord: The reason why I didn't submit any character was because someone submitted him, it's my favorite option out of the list, just followed by....
  2. Adam Warlock: My second option that it was also submitted by someone else.
  3. Gorr: I recently watched Love and Thunder and I was interesed on read his comics for a while, having another character related to the symbiotes without being an actual user of them.
Shout out to The Beyonder, Nova and the other Guardians of the Galaxy, they are also great selections.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Warlock was my nomination.

Speaking of which, I'm not home right now so I'll be putting in my votes quickly and save the jobs for a later post.
There were a lot of good nominations this time around; this was nearly as tough of a choice as the Villain rounds. My top 3 are...

1. Drax Rocket and Groot
- Honestly they should've been included earlier
2. Adam Warlock
- I don't like putting my own nominations this high but I feel like I made a very excellent pull here so I'll be pushing for him, and if not for this round then for DLC :]
3. Gamora
- This roster could still use a few more women, and her being Thanos' daughter would make her an obvious choice storywise.

A lot of these other characters I would place high under different circumstances

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
GHOST RIDER MOVESET
1660338368397.png
General Playstyle
Ghost Rider is a physical zoner character who fights mostly using his dangerous normal attacks that he can further enhance using his Unique Ability, unlike other character he doesn't rellies too much to his special moves.

Unique Ability - Scorch of Hell
Ghost Rider ignites his chains, under this state he deals additional grey damage to the opponents when attacking with his chains (the same damage that Ra's and Wolverine has), it can be healed with just standing but it would be drained if the Ghost Rider attacks the opponent directly after. Even if Ghost Rider's grey health can be recovered with Ra's and Wolverine's Unique Actions Ghost Rider can't destroy their regular grey health, only the one he inflicts with Scorch of Hell.

MOVE NAMEINPUTDESCRIPTION
Blazing Skull236 + XGhost Rider exhales flames from his mouth, the direction variates depending of the button pressed, it also inflicits grey damage.
Raging Inferno623 + XGhost Rider shoots a scattershot of scorch from his chain, if Scorch of Hell is active the projectiles deals grey damage.
Chaos Bringer214 + XGhost Rider wraps the opponent in his chains and throws them, the direction of the chain is affected by the button pressed. Unlike other attacks this one is a command grab so can't be blocked normally (but it can be parried with special defenses like Wonder Woman or Black Panther's Unique Actions. Under the effects of Scorch of Hell the grab also deals grey damage.
Heartless Spire22 + XGhost Rider summons a geyser of flames from the ground, depending of the strength of the button the geyser appears near or far of him.
Level 1 Super: Maelstrom236236 + XGhost Rider starts to swing his chains around the stage in a tornado of fire, even if appears to be fullscreen actually is very easy to evade with just ducking.
Level 2 Super: Spirit of Vengeance214214 + XGhost Rider summons his motorcycle and dashes towards the opponent envolved in the flames of vengeance, you can semi-control the direction of the motorcycle.

Level 3 - Penance Stare
All Buttons PressedHis classic and most iconic ability, the Ghost Rider grabs the opponent from their throat (or the nearest thing to it) and judges them with a hellish stare, the general cinematic is more similar to the one from UMvC3.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shame that this wasn't one post earlier haha. (this was post 667)

For the Hulk's rival, I'm going to nominate Shazam. One of Billy's nicknames is the World's Mightiest Mortal (a title that the Hulk might take issue with, seeing as he's the "strongest there is"), and both of are (depending on the continuity) like kids in the bodies of adults.

Villain trading cards:

• Circe (DC)
    • "Circe is a powerful sorceress who was immortalized in Homer's Odyssey. Her favourite use of magic is transforming people into animals, and she takes delight from causing pain and humiliation to anyone that she meets, especially Wonder Woman."
  • Mirror Master (DC)
    • "One of the Flash's Rogues, Mirror Master has technology that allows him to transport himself and others into a mirror dimension through reflective surfaces. Several people have taken on the identity, but all of them have used these powers for a life of crime."
  • Ocean Master (DC)
    • "Orm is full-blooded Atlantean royalty and Aquaman's half brother, sharing the same mother. Desiring to punish humanity for their pollution of the oceans, Orm is a violent xenophobe, distrusting anyone from the surface and confused as to why Aquaman would defend them."
  • Solomon Grundy (DC)
    • "Solomon Grundy, born on a Monday. Christened on Tuesday, married on Wednesday. Took ill on Thursday, grew worse on Friday, died on Saturday, buried on Sunday. That was the end of Solomon Grundy. Cyrus Gold died in Slaughter Swamp. He came back. Unkillable and inexhaustible, Solomon Grundy has menaced Green Lantern, Batman, and Superman over the years, and nothing seems to be able to keep him in the grave for long."
  • Granny Goodness (DC)
    • "Granny Goodness is in charge of training the armies of Apokolips, brainwashing them from a young age to die for Darkseid. Sadistic, cruel, and nothing like her name would suggest, Granny Goodness is also in charge of the Female Furies, and once manipulated the Amazons into declaring war on the United States."
  • Ebony Maw (Marvel)
    • "Ebony Maw is a member of the Black Order, who are Thanos's top lieutenants. Preferring strategy over violence, Maw is a master manipulator with a supernaturally persuasive voice. He acts as though he's the weakest of the Black Order, or borderline defenseless on his own, but like most things that he says, this is a lie."
  • Surtur (Marvel)
    • "The lord of Musphelheim, land of the fire giants. He seeks to start Ragnarok and purge the universe of all life aside from his race. All other life means nothing to him, and he destroyed an entire galaxy just to reforge his sword."
  • Enchantress (Marvel)
    • "An Asgardian sorceress, Amora the Enchantress can manipulate the minds of men with ease, but only has eyes for Thor, who refuses to return her affections. This, combined with her jealousy towards any woman that does catch Thor's eye, leads to her being a constant thorn in his side."
  • The Vulture (Marvel)
    • "Adrian Toomes was swindled out of his fortune by an unethical business partner, so he sought revenge, using a winged harness of his own design. Pragmatic and ruthless, the Vulture is a mainstay of the Sinister Six, having built up a grudge against Spider-Man ever since the wall-crawler stopped him from getting his vengeance."
  • The Leader (Marvel)
    • "Samuel Sterns was a normal unintelligent man until being exposed to gamma radiation, making him as intelligent as the Hulk is strong. (in theory; he rarely even cracks the top ten of the most intelligent people on his world) Wanting to combine the Hulk's brawn and his brains to make an unstoppable force, the Leader often finds himself in conflict with the green goliath."

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 88: nominate Arcade Mode rivals for Aquaman and the Hulk

I'm going to try two rival nominations at a time rather than three. As usual, nominate a character who's from the opposing company.

Job 89: submit trading cards for villains

Since I made it so trading cards could be submitted at any time, I haven't gotten many people submitting them, so I'm going to try a theme to see if that sparks anyone's interest. You can submit cards for any villain, as long as they don't have cards already. (or you can submit descriptions for the playable villains; the only playable villains who already have descriptions are the Joker, Doctor Doom, Deathstroke, and Starro)
Since I have a brief moment I'll submit possible rivals for Aquaman and Hulk.

I believe this was already suggested, but Aquaman's rival should be Black Panther. So many obvious parallels between the characters already exist, and given that Namor is not in the roster, this is the best way to go.

Hulk's rival... this is another tough one. As generic as it is, I'll just have to go Superman. Honestly his best rivals (The Thing, Thor) are already on the Marvel side. I'm just not sure if it's the best idea to pick them since the game's theme is Marvel vs. DC. You know what, if we can, I'll change it to The Thing, and if not, keep it to Superman.

I'll submit some trading cards later. I also have a few condepts for possible new features to add into this game, but I'm waiting to see what the results of this Cosmic round is. Perhaps tomorrow I'll knock out two birds in one stone and submit the trading cards and my new gameplay-feature concepts

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
zatanna statue.png

Zatanna moveset

Unique Ability - Sargon's Hat/Zatara's Wand
- Zatanna switches between holding her hat in her hand or putting her hat on and summoning her wand, with each stance having different special moves. (Her basic moves would mostly involve her free hand or kicking, so those would stay the same regardless of her stance) Her Wand Stance makes her more of a zoner, while her Hat Stance makes her more of a grappler

Llaberif! (quarter circle forward + light attack in Wand Stance - air OK) - Zatanna flicks her wand, and a fireball shoots out it. This has long range, but it doesn't do much damage.

Gninthgil! (quarter circle forward + medium attack in Wand Stance - air OK) - Zatanna flicks her wand, and a lightning bolt shoots out of it. This doesn't travel as far as the fireball, though it moves more erratically.

Ezeerf! (quarter circle forward + heavy attack in Wand Stance - air OK) - Zatanna flicks her wand, and a freezing wind shoots out of it. This doesn't have much range, but it freezes opponents.

Mrofsnart! (quarter circle forward + unique ability - in Wand Stance - air OK) - Zatanna flicks her wand, and a blue shield appears around herself. If a projectile hits it, it turns into a rabbit or a dove, which harmlessly leaves the stage. Once a projectile hits it or enough time passes, the shield vanishes.

Sevod eht euc! (half circle forward + attack in Wand Stance) - Zatanna points her wand forward, and in a puff of smoke, doves fly out of it and fly into the air, damaging whoever hits them. The angle changes depending on the attack button used, with the light version being almost straight upwards, while the heavier ones have more horizontal distance.

Skrowerif! (down, up, attack in Wand Stance) - Zatanna lifts her wand up, and fireworks shoot out of the ground, with the height depending on which attack button was used.

Muucav! (quarter circle forward + attack in Hat Stance - air OK) - Zatanna holds up her hat, which draws opponents closer to her. The range increases as heavier versions are used.

Tibbar rellik! (quarter circle forward + Unique Ability in Hat Stance - air OK) - Zatanna holds out her hat similar to the above attack, except a white rabbit jumps out and bites and the opponent like in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Slatrop htiw gnikniht! (down, up, attack in Hat Stance) - Zatanna's hat turns into a Looney Tunes style circular hole on the ground in front of herself, and if an opponent steps on it or is standing in it, they're sucked in and transported to a dimension of pain before being spat back out.

Tah yrgnuh! (half circle forward + attack in Hat Stance) - a command grab where Zatanna swings her hat forwards, and if this connects, she places her hat on the opponent's head. Then the hat grows several times its size, to the point where it covers the opponent, and grows teeth inside of the brim. It chomps down three before shrinking and flying back to Zatanna's hand.

Epacse gnirad! (quarter circle back + attack in either stance) - a box appears around Zatanna, which is promptly stabbed by a sword. In a puff of smoke, she appears and bows to the screen, with the distance depending on which attack button was used.

Level 1: Rewohs roetem! (quarter circle forward x2 + attack in Wand Stance) - with a flick of her wrist, Zatanna causes flaming pieces of rock to fall from the sky, starting above Zatanna and falling diagonally towards the stage.

Level 1: Eseht epacse t'nac! (quarter circle forward x2 + attack in Hat Stance) - magical ropes shoot out of the hat, traveling forward a short distance. If they hit the opponent, they tie the opponent up before launching them into the air and suplexing them into the ground as Zatanna shrugs, disappointed that the opponent couldn't escape such simple knots in time.

Level 2: Aval si roolf eht! (quarter circle back x2 + attack in either stance) - a miniature volcano bursts out of the ground, erupting and spewing lava. Most of the damage is done by the initial eruption, though the lava remains on the floor for a short time afterwards, dealing damage over time to the opponent if they stand in it.

Level 3: No og tsum wohs eht! (press all buttons in either stance) - Zatanna strikes a pose as a flock of doves flies out from the ground in front of her. If an opponent is hit by the doves, they find themselves transported to a stage where Zatanna is performing her magic show. Declaring the opponent to be a volunteer, they are put through several traditional magic acts like sawing someone in half or being put into a box and being stabbed with swords. Assuring the audience that this is all part of the show, she summons the dazed opponent to the stage where they both bow to the audience. Fireworks go off under the opponent's feet, launching the opponent into the air. The magical fireworks explode all around them, spelling out the name "ZATANNA" as the crowd goes wild. A curtain passes over the screen, switching back to regular gameplay.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Thor costumes won the poll, and Aquaman's rival will be Black Panther! Here's the poll for the Hulk's rival:

The results for Marvel's cosmic character are...

Nova: 3
Beyonder: 5
Blue Marvel: 5
Gamora: 5
Gorr: 5
Silver Surfer: 6
Adam Warlock: 12
Star Lord: 13
Rocket and Groot: 18

Thanks for voting, everyone, and congrats to 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower because we're adding Rocket Raccoon and Groot to the roster!

Marvel cosmic winner.png

Job 90: nominate costumes for the Joker

Same as usual - submit the Joker's default costume plus anywhere from 1 to 7 alternates.

Job 91: nominate arcade mode rivals for Green Lantern and Thor

Who do we want Green Lantern and Thor's rival battles in arcade mode to be against?

For Green Lantern, I'm going to nominate Thanos - one of DC's villains, Mongul, is basically a lawyer-friendly Thanos (Jim Starlin created both characters), and Green Lantern has a well-justified grudge against Mongul for destroying his hometown. (this event led to Hal Jordan becoming Parallax in an attempt to bring it back)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Joker Costumes:
Killing Joke
Death of the Family
White Knight
Emperor Joker
Joker War
Red Hood
Las-25-mejores-portadas-de-Batman-4.jpg
Joaquin Phoenix
This was one of the most thought overall, Joker had a lot of designs, I particulary miss the opportunity to add his white costume of Dark Knight Returns and the one of Batman R.I.P. between others.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Batman_Vol_2_23.1_The_Joker_Textless.jpg

aWlj3.jpg

Death of the Family

ELpChFzUcAEf9aa.jpg

Killing Joke

college-criminology-and-the-art-of-deduction-1521050329.jpg

Red Hood

Dkrjokerhighres (1).jpg

Dark Knight Returns

EZEAUtTWoAAa9m2.jpg

Jokes and Riddles

White Knight

Joker (2019)

For GL's rival I'll go Captain Marvel. Both pilots who got their powers from contact with aliens. For Thor's rival I'll go Aquaman. Both blonde dudes who are heirs to mythical kingdoms and have villainous brothers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Thor's rival, I'm going to nominate Shazam - both are among the most powerful members of their respective groups, both have the power of gods, and both have strong ties to lightning.

---

Ms. Marvel moveset

Unique Ability: Embiggen!
- while this is active, the range of Ms. Marvel's normal attacks increases thanks to her stretching out her arms and legs.

Big Boot (quarter circle forward + attack - air OK) - Kamala kicks, with her leg stretching out and her foot growing giant so that it crosses a good portion of the screen. When used in the air, she kicks diagonally downwards.

Rising Dragon Fist (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Ms. Marvel does a Shoryuken, making her fist larger so that the punch will hurt more.

Giant Sickle! (back, forward, attack) - imitating a rubber-bodied protagonist from a famous anime/manga, Ms. Marvel launches herself like a slingshot, stretching her arms out wide to clothesline the opponent and cover a long horizontal distance.

Good Boy! (down, down, attack - air OK) - Lockjaw teleports next to Ms. Marvel before teleporting her a set distance forward, depending on which attack button was pressed.

Giant Foot Spinny Thing (quarter circle back + attack) - Ms. Marvel tries to do a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku from Street Fighter, but she hasn't figured out how to break physics and fly through the air like a helicopter like how Ryu does it in the games, so she's stuck on the ground. While this attack is being moved, pressing left or right can slowly move her to the left or right.

Level 1: Red Dagger (half circle forward + attack) - Red Dagger leaps onto the stage, throwing a barrage of knives straight ahead. Kamala is shocked to see him at first, before getting annoyed and telling him to stay out of the way.

Level 2: Perfectly Cromulent Combo (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - Ms. Marvel does a ten hit combo; she's not a trained martial artist, so it's not the most graceful thing in the world, but she finishes off with a giant punch to send the opponent flying.

Level 3: Stop Hitting Yourself! (press all buttons) - Kamala tackles the opponent, and if she hits them, she transforms so that she resembles them exactly using her rarely-used shapeshifting powers. In the opponent's form, she beats them up before returning to normal, growing giant, and slamming her massive fists down on the opponent.

This wound up being tougher than I expected, since Kamala's a newer character with relatively straightforward powers. Still, I think it turned out all right. I'm glad I got to include the best member of the classic Inhumans in there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom