• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I have a question, where are the Intros and Victory Quotes almacenated?, since it's quite hard to find if there are already enough interactions for a particular character or no.

Victory Quotes:

Spider-Man:

Vs. Nightwing: "So you grew being a sidekick?, thats an interesing origin story!"
Vs. Batman: "I heard that some bats eats spiders, I'm glad that you aren't one of those!"
Vs. Green Lantern: "That ring is awesome! But I aren't a fan of jewelry y'know."
Vs. Plastic Man: "You are very similar to Dr. Richards but you don't share his personality at all."
Vs. Iron Man: "I hope that you aren't looking for do a new Civil War again after this..."
Vs. Venom: "Chill out Eddie, I don't want to fight with you again!"
Vs. Thor: "Can I touch your hammer now please please please?"
Vs. Thanos: "I'm feeling really good after this fight!"

Venom:
Generic 1: "You wish we were the Spider. We’re Venom! We’re the Bogeyman!"
Generic 2: "Eyes! Lungs! Pancreas! So many snacks, so little time! "
Vs. Black Canary: "SHUT UP!"
Vs. Lex Luthor: "A deal? You tried to kill us!"
Vs. Iron Man: "We’ll crack you out of that suit and eat you like an oyster!"
Vs. Ms. Marvel: " Hasn’t anyone ever told you pretending to be Super Heroes is dangerous business?"
Vs. Ghost Rider: "Ghost Rider! You let Spider-Man escape my grasp! For that you will die! "

Side Note: A lot of Venom's quotes actually comes from the comics.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have a question, where are the Intros and Victory Quotes almacenated?, since it's quite hard to find if there are already enough interactions for a particular character or no.
Sorry about that; I haven't been keeping track of them in the first post because I wasn't sure how to organize it. (since there could be thousands of possibilities depending on how many combinations we use, and some combinations could have multiple dialogue exchanges for the introductions) I'll take time today to put something in the first post.

---

Thor will be Wonder Woman's arcade mode rival, and we'll be using Oddball Oddball 's Aquaman costumes!

Today, we'll vote on the villain line-up. We're only going to include one character from this, though they'll all have other chances to get in going forward.

dc villains.png

-Mirror Master ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Black Manta ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Ares ( Oddball Oddball )
-Starro the Conqueror ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Deathstroke ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
-Sinestro (@Darkonedagger)
-Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man ( AlRex AlRex )
-Doomsday ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Captain Cold ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Gorilla Grodd ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Ragdoll ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

We'll stick with ranked voting for this; as usual, your own nomination can't be in first.

1. Gorilla Grodd (he's a psychic gorilla - what more needs to be said?)
2. Starro (if we're going to get one Shuma-Gorath-esque character (a non-humanoid that sticks out from the rest of the roster), I'd like it to be him)
3. Deathstroke (I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if we had a Marvel vs. DC crossover but didn't have Deathstroke vs. Deadpool)

Honourable mention goes to Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man - his very existence has me wanting to read the Doom Patrol comics or watch the show, because he's the kind of absurdity that I like to see in comics.

---

Job 80: nominate a non-Spider-Man Marvel villain

Any villain that's not a part of Spider-Man's rogues gallery qualifies. I realize that, statistically speaking, Spider-Man's probably fought every villain at one point or another, but we'll go with ones who aren't commonly associated with Spider-Man - some, like Kingpin, are kind of in a gray area since they're villains for multiple heroes (in Kingpin's case, he's split between Spidey and Daredevil), but those will be acceptable for this job.

Job 81: nominate costumes for the Hulk

It's worth noting that, much like Spidey's Superior Spider-Man costume, the costumes wouldn't change Hulk's voice lines, so if Joe Fixit is submitted as a costume, for example, he'd talk like how the Hulk normally would, rather than talking like this:

Same thing goes for Maestro, Professor Hulk, and whatever other split personalities/alternate versions the Hulk has.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Sorry about that; I haven't been keeping track of them in the first post because I wasn't sure how to organize it. (since there could be thousands of possibilities depending on how many combinations we use, and some combinations could have multiple dialogue exchanges for the introductions) I'll take time today to put something in the first post.
Don't worry!, I think it could be quite troublesome add them in the first post so what about a google doc?

1. Starro
  2. Black Manta
  3. Cold
I really like Grodd and Deathstroke too, but in the case of the last one I think we already wasted some of the heavy DLC cards so maaaaaybe he could be there?, I don't mind if he ends in the base game tho, it would actually be very cool.

For a Marvel villain, here it is...

The Taskmaster!
A character who can copy the techniques of other characters sounds very cool for me, it isn't a total copycat since it can't copy superpowers but I find it enough for be a very badass option.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
kang.png

Kang the Conqueror

One of the main threats that the Avengers have faced (when it comes to a collective arch-enemy for the team, it seems like it's between him and Ultron, at least in the comics), Kang is a time traveler from the 31st century who craves excitement that his own time period lacks. As such, he travels to different time periods like the modern day, ancient Egypt, or the Wild West, seeking to conquer them. Fortunately, he has a sense of honour when it comes to these conflicts - he won't travel back in time to when his foes were babies and kill them there, or leave, regroup his forces, and travel back to the moment that he left to renew his attack.

Kang has been a pharaoh, a member of the Young Avengers, and has/will be/refuses to be a guardian of time. His history is complicated, to say the least, and even if you see him die, it could turn out to be a Kang from an alternate timeline, a Kang from later in the timeline (whereas future ones that you encounter could be from earlier points in his life), a robotic duplicate, etc.

Kang can use a variety of futuristic weaponry, though he also likes to get medieval, using blades and maces for close combat. His armour also grants him a wide array of abilities such as hovering, gravity manipulation, and time manipulation.

Plus, I had the chance for both of my nominations in this set to be called "___ the Conqueror", and I couldn't pass that up.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge

---

Thor will be Wonder Woman's arcade mode rival, and we'll be using Oddball Oddball 's Aquaman costumes!

Today, we'll vote on the villain line-up. We're only going to include one character from this, though they'll all have other chances to get in going forward.

View attachment 358134

-Mirror Master ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Black Manta ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Ares ( Oddball Oddball )
-Starro the Conqueror ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Deathstroke ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
-Sinestro (@Darkonedagger)
-Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man ( AlRex AlRex )
-Doomsday ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Captain Cold ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Gorilla Grodd ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Ragdoll ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

We'll stick with ranked voting for this; as usual, your own nomination can't be in first.

1. Gorilla Grodd (he's a psychic gorilla - what more needs to be said?)
2. Starro (if we're going to get one Shuma-Gorath-esque character (a non-humanoid that sticks out from the rest of the roster), I'd like it to be him)
3. Deathstroke (I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if we had a Marvel vs. DC crossover but didn't have Deathstroke vs. Deadpool)

Honourable mention goes to Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man - his very existence has me wanting to read the Doom Patrol comics or watch the show, because he's the kind of absurdity that I like to see in comics.

---

Job 80: nominate a non-Spider-Man Marvel villain

Any villain that's not a part of Spider-Man's rogues gallery qualifies. I realize that, statistically speaking, Spider-Man's probably fought every villain at one point or another, but we'll go with ones who aren't commonly associated with Spider-Man - some, like Kingpin, are kind of in a gray area since they're villains for multiple heroes (in Kingpin's case, he's split between Spidey and Daredevil), but those will be acceptable for this job.

Job 81: nominate costumes for the Hulk

It's worth noting that, much like Spidey's Superior Spider-Man costume, the costumes wouldn't change Hulk's voice lines, so if Joe Fixit is submitted as a costume, for example, he'd talk like how the Hulk normally would, rather than talking like this:

1. Starro. Aside from the obvious Jarro skin, I genuinely think Starro would be a perfect WTF pick whilst also having the recognisability that came about from The Suicide Squad and the importance to the Justice League that would make them weird, but awesome. And who wouldn't want to fight a massive psychic starfish from space?
2. Animal-Vegetable-Mineral-Man. THE MADLADS FINALLY DID IT. I think the Doom Patrol's villains are some of the best rogues out there, and AVMM is a good example of the inherent weirdness that comes about from them. Is he the most "important" DC villain? No. Is he one of the "coolest"? Arguably, no. He's just weird, so damn weird, and that fits so well. Massive personal bias here.
3. Captain Cold. Flash's main villain, and an ice-based character, I think he'd be a fairly natural (if slightly obvious) pick for a game like this. Hey, ice is a cool ability to have and he's proven in games like Injustice that he's more than capable of holding his own in combat.

Job #80:

Character Name: Ulysses Klaue
Character Origin: Fantastic Four #53 (May, 1966)

The self-proclaimed "murderous master of sound," Klaue is an interesting case in that he's been a member of quite a few rogues galleries over the years, most prominently that of Black Panther, but also Daredevil and the Fantastic Four. As his title suggests - Klaue has a prosthetic "hand" in the form of a Sonic Disruptor, allowing him to control sound as well as creating sound-based constructs and, in more recent years, being quite literally made from sound (allowing him to become incorporeal at will), which gives him quite a unique powerset that I think would be fun to try and represent through gameplay.

I think his connection to a variety of Marvel heroes, as well as him naturally being a powerful counter to Venom, would bring a really unique vibe in terms of character interactions, and he has actually been prominent enough to be seen in the MCU (albeit being killed off by Killmonger in Black Panther.)

Marvel villain submission:
Ultron
1659888788880.png
Ultron is a villain from Marvel comics and He is a self-aware and highly intelligent robot who develops a god compley and a grudge against his creator Hank Pym. His goal to destroy humanity has brought him into repeated conflict with the Avengers.
He appeared in Avengers: Age of Ultron movie and Marvel VS Capcom Infinite as part of Ultron Sigma fusion, meaning that he is actually popular Marvel villain.

He could have moveset potential based on his abilities like emitting radiation, shooting with blasters and using his cephalo-ray to attack his opponents.
He could have a Gimmick, where he has an armor bar, where it can resist some attacks (The idea was inspired by his armored boy made out of alloy).

I think it would make sense to include him as non-Spider man villain, since we could have another Avengers villain in our roster.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Deathstroke
2. Sinestro
3. Doomsday

Job 80:Dormammu

Dormammu is Doctor Strange villain,he is interdimensional entity who rules over the dark dimension and Umar's brother,also he is most powerful than Mephisto. Dormammu is know for being playable character on Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and his appearance on first Doctor Strange movie

D

Deleted member

1. Deathstroke
2. Captain Cold
3. Manta
Img_0210_bullseye_mout.obj.png

Bullseye
One of Daredevil's main foes. A dangerous, psychopathic and extremely skilled assassin. Real name Benjamin Poindexter, Bullseye holds no superpowers but instead is a skilled marksman. He can hit and kill a target with any object, from knives and throwing stars to playing cards and pencils.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Don't worry!, I think it could be quite troublesome add them in the first post so what about a google doc?
Sure, I can try that out. (I don't use Google Docs very often, but it should be easy enough)

---

Hulk costumes:

1. Default

2. Gray Hulk

3. Gladiator Hulk

4. Joe Fixit suit

5. Mechano

6. Gung-Ho

7. On the Run

8. Lab Coat

It's worth noting that none of these would have the "Professor Hulk" or "Joe Fixit" personality, but the concept of the Hulk wearing a labcoat, or acting like his normal "HULK SMASH" self while wearing bunny slippers, seemed funny enough on its own.

Here's a link to the article that I got the last three of these from: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/23-times-the-hulk-wore-something-other-than-ripped-pants

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I might submit a Marvel villain later. For now, here’s my DC villain votes.

1. Starro
2. Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man
3. Gorilla Grodd

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is the King of Atlantis himself allowed for this job? He's often been an on-and-off supervillain (despite having been in terms with heroes sometimes) throughout his lifetime in Marvel's history. It's fine if not, though.
I'd say so. He's kind of all over the place morally, but he's often a villain when it comes to the Fantastic Four, and he's worked with Norman Osborn's Cabal/Dark Illuminati (at the same time that he worked with the regular Illuminati), and a separate cabal with Thanos and the Black Order.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Congrats to Oddball Oddball for winning the Aquaman costumes!

DC Villain Fighter Vote
1. Starro the Conqueror
- This is honestly a genuinely creative and wildcard choice for a DC Villain. Starro would be something we have not seen in these types of games but would fit perfectly among the roster; he has my vote.
2. Deathstroke
3. Black Manta

My original top candidates were all nominated. In all likelihood, I will end up voting for those nominations, but I don't want to abstain from putting one in myself. So, I'll be throwing my hat into the ring with a personal favorite Marvel villain of mine.

Job 80: Non-Spider-Man Marvel Villain
BARON HELMUT ZEMO
Alias: None
First Appearance: Captain America #168 (December, 1973)

When I think of Captain America's arch-nemesis, I do not think of Red Skull, or the Winter Soldier, or even Hydra. I think of Zemo. Founder of the Masters of Evil, Leader of the Thunderbolts, the bane of Steve Roger's existence; He is what Lex Luthor is to Superman and the Justice League; Cunning as he is cold, evil as he is intelligent. Whether morally gray or morally black, Zemo remains indefinitely one of Marvel's most influential villains across Captain America's history.
Zemo does not posses any supernatural abilities, with the exception of (depending on the incarnation) immortality; instead, he posses high intellect and unbound scientific genius, unremarkable marksmanship and excellent skill in both swordplay and hand to hand combat. A simple handgun is all he needs to become a threat. Zemo has historically been known to use Adhesive X as an ammo source, an incredibly powerful bonding agent within the Marvel Universe. However, there is a source from which Zemo has called upon supernatural abilities in the past: The Lifestones, alternatively known as the Moonstones, a source of mystical power derived from several relics that originated from the Big Bang. Using the power of the Moonstone, Zemo has been known to have the abilities of flight, intangibility, molecular manipulation, superhuman durability and strength, energy blasts, and so on. He is nothing of short of combat ready, leaving moveset potential wide open.

I'm expecting a lot of overlap with the Hulk costumes given his alternates are very obvious and easy choices. This time I'll only be explaining the choices I think require it.

Gray Hulk

Planet Hulk

Maestro

Horse of the Apocalypse

This one is definitely where the choices become a little more out there. I feel this one warrants an inclusion as a Hulk costume, originating from an Apocalypse storyline, making it significant as an event-specific suit, and it having a nice visual distinction to practically anything else Hulk was worn

Professor Hulk

Given Professor's Hulk appearance in the MCU and it also being one of Bruce's most memorable transformations of the Hulk apart from the usual green rage monster, I felt a Professor Hulk design was atleast warranted. I picked this one because it's funny.

Indestructible

This is the armor Hulk wore during the Marvel Now! initiative from 2013 to about 2015. It's the equivalent of Iron Man's black and gold Mark 42 armor, in which this was what he primarily wore during a major run of the comics under the Marvel Now label. As far as armored Hulks go, I honestly feel this is one of his cleanest designs and should be put up there.

Avengers (2012)

Yes, the one in the black jeans. The MCU overall is important to Marvel and I feel as if having a few skins across multiple characters referencing it is warranted. For Hulk specifically, I avoided using his Gladiator and Professor Hulk designs since I already picked costumes for those. 2012 Avengers, however, easily stands out as being one of Hulk's most iconic appearances, and the physical features of MCU Hulk are different enough from the normal comic Hulk to justify this as more than simply a change in shorts.

I was about to put a 2012 Avengers skin before realizing I used up all 8 spots. Drat. Leave a pin in this because I may end up replacing a skin
Edit: I ultimately ending up replacing Joe Fixit with 2012 Hulk. While that may sound shocking, I feel as if this is for the best, because Joe can be saved for a premier skin with alternative lines that actually exemplify the nature of Joe Fixit's character and him being an alternative ego to both Hulk and Banner.

TL;DR: Joe Fixit should be saved for later in order to do him properly.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I made an alteration to my Hulk costume lineup. I'm not sure if editing the post sends a notification so I made a new one. I'll throw in a few character interactions to compensate :D

Deadpool vs. Green Lantern
Deadpool: "Well, this is awkward."
Lantern: "Are we related?"
Deadpool: "Buddy, you don't wanna know."

Deadpool: "You think you can will me a spare condom with that ring?"
Lantern: "I can will some tape over your mouth to shut you up."
Deadpool: "Oh, it's on, glow stick!"

Deadpool vs. Batman
Deadpool: "A Batman and Deadpool team up? This is a dream come tr-"
Batman: "I'm bringing you in for the recent murder on Gotham Fourteenth Street."
Deadpool: "Okay, in my defense, that guy deserved it!"

Deadpool: "So dark, you sure you're from the- well..."
Batman: "What was that?"
Deadpool: "Eh, forget it, that joke is old."

Deadpool vs. Deadpool
Deadpool 1: "If you're me, what am I thinking of right now?"
Deadpool 2: "Chimichangas, baby!"
Deadpool 1: Gasp "How'd you know!?"

Spider-Man vs. Hulk
Spidey: "Hey big guy, promise to go easy on me this round?"
Hulk: "Hulk SMASH puny spider!!"
Spidey: Sigh "It's gonna be another one of those days, isn't it?"

Spider-Man vs. Nightwing
Spidey: "Don't think I'm inexperienced, pal. I've been doing this since I was 15."
Nightwing: "Dude, I've been out here since I was 8."
Spider: "Alright, point taken."

Nightwing vs. Captain Marvel
Nightwing: "So, what're you doing after this fight?"
Marvel: "Kid, I'm way out of your league!"
Nightwing: "Don't be so sure about that."

Nightwing vs. Daredevil
Nightwing: "How is it you see again?"
Daredevil: "Echolocation and enchanced smell."
Nightwing: "Huh, why aren't you called Batman?"

The Flash vs. The Hulk
Flash: "Let me guess. Lab accident?"
Hulk: "How blurry man know?"
Flash: "When we're done here, I've got quite the story to tell you."

Flash: "You said you have a PhD in what, exactly?"
Hulk: "NUCLEAR PHSYICS!"
Flash: "Well, never judge a book by it's cover."

The Thing vs. Deadpool
Thing: "What was it you wanted to talk about, Wade?"
Deadpool: "What does your crap look like?"
Thing: "You dragged me... all the way out here... to ask me that?"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I made an alteration to my Hulk costume lineup. I'm not sure if editing the post sends a notification so I made a new one. I'll throw in a few character interactions to compensate :D
Editing posts doesn't send a notification, which I'm definitely glad about - I tend to edit my posts WAY too much haha.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Ultimate universe was one of the most interesting chapters of Marvel history. An attempt to have a clean-continuity for new readers, it was a series with high highs (Ultimate Spider Man) and low lows (Ultimatum). However, after the events of Secret Wars 2015, the universe was destroyed, with only Miles Morales and his supporting cast making it to 616... with one exception. Ultimate Reed Richards started very similar to his original variant, a super-genius that acquired stretching powers due to an experiment gone wrong. However, Earth 1610 was far less kind to Mister Fantastic, who even in 616 has moments of cold-heartedness: at least the prime Reed had a family. By the time he wound up on Battleworld, Ultimate Mister Fantastic was no more: only The Maker remained.
Fantastic Four: How Ultimate Reed Richards Turned Into the Maker |  LaptrinhX / News

The Maker is easily one of the most iconic Marvel villains created this decade, with only Gorr, Knull, and The Prowler serving as competition for the top spot. He serves as a facinating example of the infinite potential of the Multiverse, and reminds superheroes that none of them are immune to being pulled into darkness. In this game he would obviously have the classic Reed Richards stretching powers, along with high tech inventions and potentially some symbiote material (after coming to 616 he's mostly fought Venom of all characters)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
  1. Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man
  2. Deathstroke
  3. Sinestro
Job #80: New Marvel/Non-Spider Man Villain - Namor the Sub-Mariner

Namor the Sub-Mariner is the current ruler and self-proclaimed king of an undersea kingdom Atlantis, who was born as a mutant-hybrid son of a human fisherman (Leonard McKenzie) and an Atlantean princess (Fen). He first debuted in 1939's Marvel Comics #1 created by Bill Everett, having pretty much predated Aquaman by two years and a month (November 1941), maybe even a bit further thanks to the uncirculated comic "Motion Pictures Funnies Weekly" from the same year. Because of this, Namor himself is declared Marvel's very first super-hero/villain and mutant long times before X-Men came up, having been also described as the first historically known comic book anti-hero and even appeared in Marvel's first cartoon show, an anthology series The Marvel Super Heroes, which first aired in September to December 1966, thus making him a vastly important piece of the company's history. Namor is also finally making an appearance in Marvel Cinematic Universe with a upcoming movie, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

While he is more well-known for his heroics and being involved with the Avengers and X-Men such as the original Human Torch and Captain America himself, who he teamed up with as part of Invaders back in World War II, Namor isn't exactly said always a hero of his own rights, as he often hostilely seeks vengeance towards the human race who destroyed his kingdom (having done his crusade even since the debut), often allying with supervillains like Doctor Doom and Magneto, even temporarily joining afore-mentioned teams such as Cabals (one of which he formed himself at some point). During his lifetime, Namor went against the odds like The Fantastic Four, Black Panther, Wolverine, Hulk, etc.

As a half-human/Atlantean mutant, much like his DC counterpart, Namor has multiple powers/abilities such as superhuman strength, extensive training in hand-to-hand combat, immense willpower, communicating with sea creatures and flight thanks to small wings on his ankles. He can also mimic various abilities of essentially any aquatic life, like using a shocking electric eel-based attack. Namor is also able to utilize the Trident of Neptune for long-reaching melee attacks, summoning water geysers/whirlpools/tidal waves, etc. and the Horn of Proteus, an Atlantean relic which he can use to control monsters such as Giganto.

Namor's unusually neutral nature and both roles as an anti-hero and villain in the Marvel universe would bring up interesting and fun interactions between multiple characters from both sides, such as the X-Men, Captain America and Aquaman himself, who he fought against in a 1996 crossover comic (which led to the latter's victory through voting and them becoming Aqua Mariner in the Amalgam universe afterwards).

Now behold... witness our beloved, smiling half-human/half-Atlantean laughing at us surface-dwellers!
"IMPERIUS REX!"

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Starro
Doomsday
Ares

nominate a non-Spider-Man Marvel villain
Fin Fang Foom
Fin Fang Foom.jpg

While his size in the comics has varied from about the size of a large human to about the size of a large Godzilla, Fin Fang Foom is going to be one of the larger characters.

The character dates back to marvel's pre-hero comics. He's one of the classic Kirby monsters. However he's since been adopted into Ironman's rogue's gallery. As a large alien dragon who knows martial arts, he's certainly got potential for some interesting moves and that's even before he's unusual body shape is take into account.

Besides, how can you not love that name?

hulk-transparent.png
Default - the savage Hulk

Brown suit hulk.jpg
Merged Hulk in the brown outfit he frequently wore at the time.

Endgame Hulk.png
Endgame Hulk

world war hulk.jpg
World War Hulk

Hulk_horseman.png
Hulk as War, the Horseman of Apocalypse

Gray Hulk.jpg
Gray Hulk

Joe Fix-it.jpg
Joe Fix-it (Joe has worn a lot of suits, but I'm rather partial to his Casablanca inspired outfit)

Red Hulk.jpg
Red Hulk

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Lots of interesting villain nominations. Honestly these past 2 jobs have probably had some of the best nominations, and it might be the most(?) out of all the others to boot.
Yeah, it makes me wish that I had done a round like this earlier. (though I'm not sure which of the previous rounds I would have trimmed down if I had to choose) There are a lot of great, inspired picks in here - it's hard to narrow it down to a top five, let alone a top three.

I think the most nominations we've had were for characters who weren't in Marvel vs. Capcom, with 12:

Though these past two rounds have been really close to that. Glad to see so many people are participating regularly!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Yeah, it makes me wish that I had done a round like this earlier. (though I'm not sure which of the previous rounds I would have trimmed down if I had to choose) There are a lot of great, inspired picks in here - it's hard to narrow it down to a top five, let alone a top three.

I think the most nominations we've had were for characters who weren't in Marvel vs. Capcom, with 12:

Though these past two rounds have been really close to that. Glad to see so many people are participating regularly!
Perhaps we should have a lengthy DLC cycle to include a lot of these characters 😁
There are definitely some I think are perfect fits but likely won't have room in the base game, most of which would have pretty interesting movesets (I'm not saying names though)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was thinking on save my concept for when the things ended, but since the conversation is on the table.
  • 2 to 3 seasons
  • 3 characters of each company + a guest (or two if there are only two seasons)
    • Guest should come from the comics (with maaaaaybe a small liberty with manga) and should have some sort of relation between either Marvel or DC.
  • 2 to 4 new stages per season divided between Marvel and DC
  • Miscellanous amount of additional content (cards and others)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We're back from our bi-weekly dosage of CrashBoards!

I had to double check the results since it was pretty close, and it seems like we have a tie!

Ragdoll: 2
Ares: 3
Sinestro: 4
Captain Cold: 5
Black Manta: 7
Doomsday: 7
Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man: 7
Gorilla Grodd: 9
Starro the Conqueror: 17
Deathstroke: 17

I'm not sure about the best way to handle this - we could choose between one or the other, or we could go with both of them and have Starro fill DC's cosmic spot. (I don't want to expand the total starting roster beyond 52) I'd prefer going with both (since both are definitely popular choices and fill very different niches), but I'll have a poll to see what people think:

---

In the meantime, we'll be voting on the Marvel villains:

Marvel villains.png

-Taskmaster ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Kang the Conqueror ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Loki ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Ulysses Klaw ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Ultron ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Dormammu ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Bullseye (@Darkonedagger)
-Baron Helmut Zemo ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-The Maker ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )
-Namor ( tonygameman tonygameman )
-Fin Fang Foom ( Oddball Oddball )

...This is going to be a tough one.

1. Fin Fang Foom (I love the concept, along with referencing Marvel's pre-Fantastic Four monster comics)
2. Kang the Conqueror (self-vote, but I like the idea of Kang being playable in a fighting game, both for the gameplay potential and his interactions with characters from both companies, like the Avengers, Doctor Doom, Ra's al Ghul, Green Arrow, etc.)
3. Namor (an old-school Marvel character who's still relevant today. He's got a ton of abilities, tonygameman definitely seems passionate about the character, and he's such an arrogant jerk that it would be fun to have him interact with the rest of the cast)

I went back and forth between Namor and the Maker for so long while I was typing out this post. Plus, both Loki and Ultron feel like they're major enough to include in this roster, and there are a ton of interesting things that could be done with Taskmaster since he could copy/reference DC characters as well as Marvel ones.

---

Here's the poll for the Hulk's costumes, based on the following options:

-Megadoomer
-1SecondNinja
-Darkonedagger
-Oddball

---

Discussion: DLC

Since it was brought up yesterday, how do we want to handle DLC? (as this hypothetical game would be a modern fighting game, DLC seems almost inevitable)

Should nomination rounds be completely open, where people can submit whoever they want, or should there be a theme to them? How do we feel about guest characters, or characters from other parts of the company's catalogue that don't really interact with the rest much, like Watchmen? If we include guest characters, should there be a limit on which types of characters we should include? Should there be DLC stages?

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
  1. Namor
  2. Loki
  3. Zemo
Shout out to literally all the other characters, great additions so far.

About DLCs, I already tell my Concept, but in terms of the way it would be added, I was thinking in Fazdude's way to manage the DLCs of All-Star Strife and made free submissions but that you cant resubmitt them until the next season.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One mildly annoying thing is that the site that I use for polls seems to have changed, so you can't see the results until after you've voted. (before, there was a Results button that you could click on, but it's not there any more) I'll look into a new site for making polls going forward (I don't know why this keeps happening; the first site that I used wouldn't accept any of the votes for some reason), but I'll just save my votes for the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom