• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Wonder Woman moveset:

Unique Ability: Bullets and Bracelets
- a Street Fighter III-style parry, using Wonder Woman's famous bullet-deflecting bracelets. Unlike blocking, if an attack or projectile connects at the right point in the animation, it does no damage. However, the timing is very tight, and you're left open if you use it too early. (the ability has a fast recharge time, though; if you successfully parry, you can parry almost immediately afterwards, to allow the user to parry multi-hit attacks Daigo style if they're really, really good)

Lasso of Truth (quarter circle back + attack) - Wonder Woman throws out her lasso, acting as a command grab to pull the opponent towards her. The strength of the attack determines the angle, with the light version being thrown straight forwards, and medium and heavy aim higher.

All the World's Waiting (Shoryuken motion + attack, air OK) - arms outstretched, Wonder Woman spins quickly enough that she resembles a red and blue tornado as she launches straight up into the air. This is inspired by Lynda Carter's transformation from the 70's show; I had to include a reference to the show somewhere.

Hermes Slash (back, forward, attack) - Wonder Woman slides along the ground on her knees, slashing with her sword. I'm basing it on this bit from the Wonder Woman movie, and she's low enough to the ground that most projectiles pass over her, so it serves as a way to avoid projectiles and get in close.

Aegis Ram (reverse quarter circle forward + attack) - Wonder Woman leaps into the air with her shield held out in front of her, similar to Sagat's Tiger Knee though at a higher angle. If she connects with an opponent, she grabs them with her free hand and throws them to the ground.

Level 1: Virtuous Strikes (half circle forward + attack) - Wonder Woman attacks with a series of slashes and shield strikes, finishing off the combo by booting the opponent away

Level 2: Great Hera! (quarter circle forward x 2 + attack) - Wonder Woman grabs the opponent, gives them an extended giant spin, and throws them into the air. She throws the Lasso of Truth to wrap around the opponent and pull them back to her, before giving them an uppercut that sends them flying. If the grab misses, then this does nothing.

Level 3: Zeus's Fury (press all buttons) - a cutscene super where a group of Amazons offer Diana various godly-looking weapons. (ornate, covered with gold, glowing, that sort of thing) Diana uses them one after another, praising various goddesses as she does so (throwing a massive spear for Athena, firing a cluster of arrows for Artemis, and leaping in for a lightning-fast series of sword strikes with the Godkiller sword as she praises Hera). Electricity sparks around Wonder Woman's opponent, and a gigantic lightning bolt strikes them as Wonder Woman looks on in a mix of annoyance and amusement - clearly, Zeus is a little peeved that he was left out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

mugen004.png

jDbrd.jpg

zack-snyders-justice-league-darkseid-on-throne-1260312.jpeg

Throne Room

A somewhat original stage set in deep space. Sort of a fusion of two throne rooms. Would feature the stylings of both characters. Would feature frozen statues of both Marvel and DC characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Here's the scores for the stages:

Themyscira: 10
Atlantis: 10
Hall of Justice: 8
Watchtower: 5
Flash Museum: 4

As far as Marvel stage nominations go, we got three (Avengers Tower, Asgard, and Wakanda), but all three cover very different niches/sections of the Marvel universe. Since there's a tie for first for the DC vote, I think we'll add the top three for the DC poll, and add all three for the Marvel side.

So, long story short, Themyscira, Atlantis, the Hall of Justice, Avengers Tower, Asgard, and Wakanda are all going to be added as stages.

---

For the Spider-Man costumes, there weren't many costumes that were consistent among all of the lists (aside from Spider-Man, I think the only one that made it into every single list was the Bombastic Bag-Man, which I definitely approve of), so I won't be able to list the specific costumes in the poll. Still, they're all listed on this page, so hopefully that helps.

---

Job 25: submit a boss stage

With Thanoseid being voted in as the arcade mode's boss, we'll need a stage to fight him on. Feel free to nominate a location that has something to do with Thanos, or Darkseid, or some mash-up of Marvel and DC locations that seems fitting.

---

Job 26: submit a moveset for Wonder Woman

This seems self-explanatory - feel free to reference whatever you want, whether it's the comics, the 70's show, the movies, the Injustice games, etc.
I could not get Poll Maker to work but I would like to cast a vote to my own suggestion

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Stage nomination: The Source Wall

A barrier surrounding the multiverse, separating it from the Source. (who's pretty much a stand-in or another name for God, much like the One Above All in Marvel) As a sign of how badly this merger of universes is going, it's been shattered.

Darkseid arrived believing that the Anti-Life Equation was behind the wall, and with it broken, he now has his chance to attain his prize. Thanos shows up at the same time, believing that whatever this wall is protecting must possess great power - perhaps even enough power to wipe out all life and please Mistress Death.

However, unbeknownst to them, the Wall still retains some of its power even in this shattered state. Like all who get too close to the Source Wall, they are absorbed into it (or, if one of them becomes playable and you're playing as them, a part of their soul gets absorbed into it), but the Wall being broken means that they aren't turned into statues, and the process causes them to be fused into one being - Thanoseid.

The stage takes place on an asteroid drifting near the Source Wall - the Wall is visible off in the distance, with several large gaps in it, though far enough away that nobody else will be absorbed. Unless you count the various statues, there are no cameos.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Spider-Man costumes win the poll, and my Wonder Woman moveset wins by default! Here's a poll for the boss stage:

---

I'm not sure if people are sick of stage jobs, but there's one more stage concept that I'd like to cover.

Job 27: nominate a training stage

Since we just did a stage dedicated to the boss in Arcade Mode, I figure we should have a dedicated stage for training mode. Go with whatever you think fits the bill for a training stage - this prompt is fairly open-ended.

---

In addition, there are two major teams with a ton of members on their line-ups who either aren't in this roster at the moment or are barely in here, and I'd like to address that. (it's my fault, since I'm choosing the categories to begin with) Coincidentally, both teams were huge in the 80's and 90's.

Job 28: nominate a character from Teen Titans

For those of us who are mainly familiar with the Teen Titans through the animated series (I'm one of them, and even then, that's mainly by reputation; I don't think I've seen an episode), there's more to the line-up than the core five members from the show.

It's worth noting that some of the team line-ups have plenty of overlap with characters from the animated show Young Justice, like the Conner Kent version of Superboy or M'gann M'orzz/Miss Martian, so characters from that show (with some exceptions, like Zatanna, who was aged down and wasn't a Teen Titan in the comics) could also be nominated.

Other noteworthy members include Static (from Static Shock, if anyone remembers that), the Blue Beetle (the Jamie Reyes version), and Rose Wilson (Deathstroke's daughter). Any team that's in continuity qualifies (so anyone listed in the "Titans", "Ancillary Teams", or "The New 52/DC Rebirth" sections), and you can also nominate villains like Deathstroke or Trigon who are associated with the team.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Training Stage: The Danger Room

A cold metallic room where the X-Men train. Much like in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, it would remain static. From what I've seen, the training stages in most fighting games tend to be free of distractions. (plus, Krakoa already has cameos from pretty much any X-person that we want)

Starfire

Let's round out the show's group of Teen Titans with Koriand'r, the princess of Tamaran. Ousted from her home planet in a coup attempt by her sister, Starfire fled to Earth where she encountered a newly formed group of Teen Titans. Curious and compassionate, Starfire has the ability to absorb and fire energy, in addition to flight that leaves her long red hair trailing behind her like a blazing fire.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Atom.jpg

The Atom

Ray Palmer created a “white dwarf lens” that gave him control over his own mass and size allowing him to fight crime as the size changing hero known as The Atom. At one point, he served as the team leader for a mostly new line-up of the Teen Titans. He was also de-aged toa teeanger at this time himself, but that's another story.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My training stage nomination (the Danger Room) wins by default, and Throne Room wins for the boss stage! Congratulations, @Darkonedagger! (not sure whether to count it as a Marvel stage or a DC stage, though I could bump it up to 27 stages to keep an even split between the two companies, seeing as this one's an original stage that mashes up elements of the two)

Now it's time to vote for the Teen Titans characters; same rules as normal, and the top two will make it in.

teen titans nominations.png

-Raven ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
-Nightwing ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Terra ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Beast Boy ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Cyborg (@Darkonedagger)
-Starfire ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-The Atom ( Oddball Oddball )

This is a tough one; I'm not familiar with Terra (I've at least read early Justice League issues with the Atom, and the first six issues of Marv Wolfman's Teen Titans run that includes the other characters), but it seems like any of them would be fun additions.

1. Nightwing
2. Starfire
3. Cyborg

---

Here's some music to get you in the mood for today's jobs:

Job 29: nominate a Wolverine moveset

This rounds out the characters who were included in the line-up by default, and this seems like an appropriate day to do it considering what the next job is.

Job 30: nominate a character from the X-Men franchise

This can include anyone who's associated with the X-Men, whether they're a hero, villain, or anti-hero. (aside from Wolverine and Magneto, who are already in the game) X-Men, X-Force, Brotherhood of Mutants, the New Mutants... You could even nominate a Sentinel if you wanted to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Nightwing
2. Raven
3. Cyborg

Love Starfire and Beast Boy but these three feel like the must haves
dbaca23bbf4894ae96b0f0798dcff4d6.png

Storm
An iconic X-Men character. She's one of the most famous members and is an extremely powerful character. She's made a ton of apperneces in games and movies and is a a big character in the Marvel Universe, being the leader of the X-Men on occasion and even being married to the Black Panther for a time.

1. Raven
2. Beast Boy
3. Cyborg

Iceman (X-Men)
1657473803718.png
Iceman, aka Robert Louis "Bobby" Drake is a character from X-men series and he is a mutant born with superhuman abilities, which is manipulating ice and cold by freezing water vapor around him. He can even freeze objects, as well cover his body with ice.

He could use his icy powers to fight or even create an armor made out of ice to make himself harder to defeat.

I nominate Iceman, because he is a cool guy (No pun or joke intended) and his powers could fit in fighting game. Also he is one of original X-men and he would be second original X-man after Wolverine.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1: Cyborg
2: Beast Boy
3: Raven

Multiversus spoilers: Raven is lower on my list because she's been leaked for that game, I'd like to have a bit of variety

X-Men Character: Iceman
1657476164297.png

I just think he would be cool.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  1. Atom
  2. Nightwing
  3. Terra
I would like to made a Wolverine moveset but I dont have time atm. Maybe tomorrow.

Deadpool
I didnt read if the X-Force counts but if not then I will not submit anything, Deadpook and Gambit are my favorite mutants and since the other was already submited 🗿
Yeah, Deadpool counts - I would have nominated him if nobody else did.

Jean Grey/Phoenix

One of the original five X-Men and a powerful telepath and telekinetic, Jean has undergone a lot of changes over the years. Starting out as a newcomer to the team with limited telekinetic capabilities, Jean eventually started a relationship with Scott Summers/Cyclops, leading to the tangled mess that is the Summers family tree. A mission in space led to Jean absorbing a cosmic force of death and rebirth known as the Phoenix Force, and taking on the identity of Phoenix. (this is greatly simplified - X-Men comics and personal histories can get complicated)

Jean can use psychic force bolts to attack from a distance, though games like Marvel vs. Capcom also have her fighting with melee attacks wreathed in the cosmic flame of the Phoenix Force. She can also make constructs of psychic energy, whether it's something relatively simple like blades or something more complex like a flaming bird.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Yeah, Deadpool counts - I would have nominated him if nobody else did.

Jean Grey/Phoenix

One of the original five X-Men and a powerful telepath and telekinetic, Jean has undergone a lot of changes over the years. Starting out as a newcomer to the team with limited telekinetic capabilities, Jean eventually started a relationship with Scott Summers/Cyclops, leading to the tangled mess that is the Summers family tree. A mission in space led to Jean absorbing a cosmic force of death and rebirth known as the Phoenix Force, and taking on the identity of Phoenix. (this is greatly simplified - X-Men comics and personal histories can get complicated)

Jean can use psychic force bolts to attack from a distance, though games like Marvel vs. Capcom also have her fighting with melee attacks wreathed in the cosmic flame of the Phoenix Force. She can also make constructs of psychic energy, whether it's something relatively simple like blades or something more complex like a flaming bird.
Oh God, the PTSD.
d590dex-bdfbe97f-9ef3-44d4-a268-09f8644410f0.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Wolverine moveset

Unique action: Healing Factor
- when Wolverine is damaged, a portion of the damage remains as white health. Holding the unique action while he's standing still allows him to slowly regenerate that missing health; however, when the player lets go, or if he moves or gets damaged, the white health that hasn't been restored vanishes. (He gets KOed when his health bar runs out, no matter how much white health is left)

Berserker Barrage (quarter circle forward + attack) - Wolverine lunges forwards, slashing his claws rapidly

Feral Lunge (back, forward, attack) - Wolverine leaps forwards, claws outstretched, to stab into the opponent - this can also go over low projectiles or crouching opponents, to get you out of a corner

Tornado Claw (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Wolverine leaps into the air, spinning with his claws extended

Flying Canucklehead (quarter circle back + attack) - Wolverine borrows a move from Street Fighter's Vega, leaping back towards the edge of the screen before flinging himself across it, with his claw directly in front of him. Much like when Vega uses it, this attack leaves Wolverine very vulnerable if it's blocked.

Level 1: Xtinction (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - Wolverine performs a series of slashes, ending with a headbutt which does quite a bit of damage thanks to Wolverine's adamantium skull.

Level 2: Berserker Rage (quarter circle back x2 + attack) - Wolverine glows red, and his attack power increases at the cost of weakening his defense. In this state, his white health restores passively, though at a slower rate compared to when he uses his Healing Factor.

Level 3: The Best There Is At What I Do (press all buttons) - Wolverine gives a wide slash, and if it connects, it transitions to a cutscene where a horde of Hand ninja leap up into the air dramatically, interrupting the fight. The scene turns into a stylized silhouette as Wolverine goes into a slashing frenzy, cutting up a bunch of Hand ninja with his opponent getting caught up in the process. The visuals return to normal to show the opponent lying among a bunch of Hand ninja, with Wolverine looking annoyed.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
He's been submitted
ah, I don't know how i missed that. In that case, I'm going to go with a more out there character - albiet one nobody would argue the importance of.
1657497186166.png

That's right, I'm going with Charles Xavier - aka Professor X. Professor X is best known for being the founder of the X-Men, both a team and a school that trains young mutants to cope with their abilities. Xavier has done other things too, such as being a member of the Illuminati and founding the Mutant nation of Krakoa. X has an incredibly intelligent brain - made all the more powerful when he can take a look into yours. He's an Omega-class mutant, capable of all sorts of telepathy and telekinesis. This is enough to make him a capable fighter - despite being in a wheelchair (or maybe a hoverchair if we want to do that instead). I don't know if this is anything that's been done before, and would certainly be very unique. X would be a glass cannon, frail and not very mobile but brutal if given an opening.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
ah, I don't know how i missed that. In that case, I'm going to go with a more out there character - albiet one nobody would argue the importance of.
View attachment 356323
That's right, I'm going with Charles Xavier - aka Professor X. Professor X is best known for being the founder of the X-Men, both a team and a school that trains young mutants to cope with their abilities. Xavier has done other things too, such as being a member of the Illuminati and founding the Mutant nation of Krakoa. X has an incredibly intelligent brain - made all the more powerful when he can take a look into yours. He's an Omega-class mutant, capable of all sorts of telepathy and telekinesis. This is enough to make him a capable fighter - despite being in a wheelchair (or maybe a hoverchair if we want to do that instead). I don't know if this is anything that's been done before, and would certainly be very unique. X would be a glass cannon, frail and not very mobile but brutal if given an opening.
It turns out that it has been done before, so that's something in favour of the idea.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
WOLVERINE MOVESET
1657506053631.png
General Playstyle
If Iron Man is the textbook Zoner, Wolverine is your textbook Rushdown. It has all what a good Rushdonw would want to have.

Unique Ability - Healing Factor
When Wolverine is damaged, a portion of the damage remains as white health. Holding the unique action while he's standing still allows him to slowly regenerate that missing health; however, when the player lets go, or if he moves or gets damaged, the white health that hasn't been restored vanishes. (He gets KOed when his health bar runs out, no matter how much white health is left).

MOVE NAMEINPUTDESCRIPTION
Claw StrikeMash XWolverine does quick stabs to the opponent with his claws.
Berserker Barrage236 + XWolverine lunges with his claws, you can chain this move three times in a row working has a Rekka.
Drill Claw214+ XWolverine spins like a drill, the light version low profiles some projectiles.
Adamantium Assault623 + X Wolverine performs a spinning jumping uppercut slicing all at his path.
Flying Kanucklehead214 + X (Midair)Wolverine borrows a move from Street Fighter's Vega, leaping back towards the edge of the screen before flinging himself across it, with his claw directly in front of him. Much like when Vega uses it, this attack leaves Wolverine very vulnerable if it's blocked.
Strong Head63214 + XWolverine grabs the opponent and attacks them with a headbut.
Level 1 Super: Weapon X
236236 + XMost reminicent to the MvC3 version but with lower damage since is now a Level 1.
Level 2 Super: Fastball Special
214214 + XQuite a silly move, Colossus appears on screen and throws Wolverine forwards very fast, the strength of the button pressed variates the direction of Wolverine that can be straight, diagonal or directly above.
Level 2 Super:
Primal Rage
222 + XWolverine howls and starts to glow with a red aura, he moves faster, his claw based attacks delivers additional hits and it recovers grey health passively.
Level 3 Super:
The Best There Is At What I Do
All Buttons Pressed Wolverine gives a wide slash, and if it connects, it transitions to a cutscene where a horde of Hand ninja leap up into the air dramatically, interrupting the fight. The scene turns into a stylized silhouette as Wolverine goes into a slashing frenzy, cutting up a bunch of Hand ninja with his opponent getting caught up in the process. The visuals return to normal to show the opponent lying among a bunch of Hand ninja, with Wolverine looking annoyed.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here are the results of the Teen Titans vote:

-Raven: 18
-Nightwing: 14
-Cyborg: 11
-Starfire: 6
-The Atom: 5
-Terra: 3
-Beast Boy: 3

teen titans winners.png

Raven and Nightwing will be added to the roster! Congratulations to cashregister9 cashregister9 and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 ! (as I said before, I'm not super familiar with Teen Titans, so it caught me by surprise to see how popular Raven was)

---

Vote for the Wolverine moveset here:

As well, we're going to be voting on which X-Men characters we'll be including.

X-Men nominees.png

-Storm (@Darkonedagger)
-Nightcrawler ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Cyclops ( Oddball Oddball )
-Iceman ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Gambit ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Deadpool ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Phoenix ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Professor Xavier ( PeridotGX PeridotGX )

Vote for your top three; your own can't be in first, and the top two will be included.

1. Storm
2. Deadpool
3. Nightcrawler

---

Job 31: nominate costumes for Batman

Post your ideas for Batman's default costume plus anywhere between one and seven alternate costumes. (unlike Superman and Spider-Man, I don't know if there will be one specific agreed-upon "default" costume for Batman, given how much his look has changed over the years)

Job 32: Bonus Stages in Arcade Mode

We decided that there will be bonus stages in arcade mode, so let's suggest ideas for what they could be. If you need examples, the Street Fighter series has some of the most famous bonus stages out there, such as blocking/parrying basketballs (or other projectiles) and destroying a car.

Job 32:
Car Smash

1657556912840.png

Car Smash is a bonus round from Street Fighter games and you destroy the car by using your moves.
It's one of popular bonus rounds in gaming and it would make sense to add a bonus stage based on it.

So, the mode would be the same, but instead of destroying the car from SFII, you destroy a car from Marvel or DC series like Batmobile (for DC fighters) or Shocker-mobile (for Marvel fighters).

This bonus rounds is very fun, so that's why I submit it.

My votes:
1. Cyclops (Makes sense)
2. Iceman (He is a cool guy)
3. Deadpool

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
1. Deadpool (Wait, if I’m being voted for again… WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DIDN’T WIN LAST TIME?! I demand a recount! Strange CLEARLY used a Jedi mind trick, which is an even worse method of cheating than me voting for myself multiple times under different na- …well ****, I shouldn’t have said that…)
2. Nightcrawler
3. Gambit

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Batman costumes:

1. New 52 Batman (default)

2. Batman 1989 (Keaton)

michael keaton batman.png

3. Adam West inspired

adam west batman.png