• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont get the vgbootcamp hate...at pound 4 they had good food and the vids were good...and at apex the livestream was good quality and i mean at least they tried w/ the interviews and all, getting some professionalism...how do they negatively impact your tourney experience at all

Atlus8

Smash Master
They lag so hard to upload vids! Also, they make very bad hype videos! Can't remember if it was for Pound or Apex, but the one where the guy breaks through the wall was s+up!d!

[collapse=I'm weird online]http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288125

I may have a proposition to offer, although I haven't decided which one to offer. I can guarantee you that I will upload tournament videos overnight each night of the tournament. And if you don't believe me on the over night part, check out the upload dates on some of the tournament videos in the above videos thread. About half of them were uploaded the night of the tournament. No one else in the Smash community does this and I did this with an upload speed of only about 5-8 Mb/s on my college internet connection. Also, check out the quality. I record individual tournament sets to individual files and upload those files straight to youtube. And if viewers don't have the patience to wait until the set actually starts, each unsplit video has annotation links straight to where each round starts. Who else can do what I do? Feel free to call me arrogant or whatever.

But here's my 2 propositions

I can record the Melee main stage instead of Waffles but have Waffles commentate anytime.

I can record the Brawl main stage and not have individual sets recorded into individual files.

Brawl sets take much longer than 15 minutes and youtube won't let free users, with exceptions that I don't qualify for, upload videos of 15 minutes or longer in length. So for each tournament set, I may have to try recording the first 2 games of the set in one file and game 3 in a second (if the set is a best of 3, and you see 2 games in a single video, you won't know if the video will end in a 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0 until it happens, and if it happens to be a 1-1, viewers will be linked to the third video. But this is assuming no one tries to time out anyone.

I really don't know which option to chose. Both sides have heavy opportunity costs. If I don't chose Melee, I'll get Brawl and Brawl is much less watched than Melee on youtube. Compare the view counts on these two videos (these are the most viewed videos I can find for each game, someone from the Brawl community link me a video with more views so I can make a fair argument)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fv2IsRoZhs
Where are you Brawlers on youtube?
But if I chose Melee, what does Brawl get? a few 5,000 view count videos of Genesis grand finals, aside from the first game of grand finals which now has 16,000?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glBU33vMDHg

So far, I'm thinking to record the Brawl stage because Waffles is every youtube Melee player's hero. Taking over his spot like this would just feel really rude.

And if I am rude right now, I apologize. I'm upset that my channel has only half the success as other Melee channels on youtube.[/collapse]

Don't ever listen to me when I rant.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I can record the Melee main stage instead of Waffles but have Waffles commentate anytime.

So far, I'm thinking to record the Brawl stage because Waffles is every youtube Melee player's hero. Taking over his spot like this would just feel really rude..
I don't see any problem with this. People do flock to waffles' channel, but if you upload the videos FASTER (Waffles does get behind with stuff sometimes) with HIS commentary, then what would anybody be *****ing about?

pockyD

Smash Legend
who cares if they're uploaded the day of? as if anyone's going to be spending genesis sunday watching videos from genesis saturday...

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
who cares if they're uploaded the day of? as if anyone's going to be spending genesis sunday watching videos from genesis saturday...
people who didn't go to the tournament are going to want the videos uploaded as quickly as possible. you're not just trying to please the people there, the people at home matter also.

sidefx

Smash Champion
people who didn't go to the tournament are going to want the videos uploaded as quickly as possible. you're not just trying to please the people there, the people at home matter also.
i dont think there will be anyone left at home =D

but seriously, there are a lot of other things going on during the event to have to upload matches the NIGHT of. our main priority is to deliver an awesome event for the people who are present. if we find someone (possibly UsurperKingZant, or others) willing to upload matches at the hotel room after every day, then go for it.

we still have to figure out and find out whos doing what as far as recording matches goes.

we have a long way to go, and i dont want to make any promises right now.

@UsurperKingZant: your proposition is being taken into consideration, and when the time comes to figure that stuff out, we will get in contact with you.

@ alex strife: what is that supposed to mean? vgbootcamp too good for us? lol
i vehemently denied any help from VGBootCamp due to reasons that do not fit into the standards we would like. as well as other ownership details. Looking at a lot of their uploaded videos, the quality is poor, and a lot of the videos start 2 stock into the match, not to mention the pace at which they upload videos is far from being on time. not trying to hate or anything, but thats just how it is, and we would rather not use their services.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
@ alex strife: what is that supposed to mean? vgbootcamp too good for us? lol
i vehemently denied any help from VGBootCamp due to reasons that do not fit into the standards we would like. as well as other ownership details. Looking at a lot of their uploaded videos, the quality is poor, and a lot of the videos start 2 stock into the match, not to mention the pace at which they upload videos is far from being on time. not trying to hate or anything, but thats just how it is, and we would rather not use their services.
quite on teh contray you dont need them you are too good.

Trust me I dont work with them I had to work with them myself and now I have to start from scratch now cause of everything I dealt with. I agree with a lot of stuff you said.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I don't want to spread rumors or anything, but I heard that the Mexican twins may go. Can anyone confirm that?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I don't want to spread rumors or anything, but I heard that the Mexican twins may go. Can anyone confirm that?
Well the New Mexican twins are for sure (thats me and my bro hahaha)
but that'd be cool if the other twins showed up

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Well the New Mexican twins are for sure (thats me and my bro hahaha)
but that'd be cool if the other twins showed up
During Brawl Grand Finals, you guys can have a Twin Fight!!

I'd be way more hype!
Hell, I'd even be willing to make bets!

/way too excited

tw1n

Smash Champion

I'd be way more hype!

/way too excited
Hahahaha that'd be kinda cool. Except I don't know how well I'd fare off against the high tech skills of the Meican twins.... eh. Puff ***** anyways so we got this ;p

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
****...the vgbootcamp hate in here is thick

(namesearched soon I presume)

but you guys are right...it did take them a while to get vids up but you have to understand its only 3 of them

and they all have like career jobs...no johns of course though

oh and the fact that apex vids didnt have commentary on like all but the last few was kind of a let down too.....

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I hope so!

I'd be way more hype!

/way too excited
Wait fist fight or melee matches? I would spar them any day of the week haha. But I would love to get some melee doubles in against them! Mexico Twins vs New Mexico Twins! Get hype!

Hahahaha that'd be kinda cool. Except I don't know how well I'd fare off against the high tech skills of the Meican twins.... eh. Puff ***** anyways so we got this ;p
Puff Sheik all day. vs a fox and falco team? I mean what team has ever pulled off that combo well?

Well besides Dr PP and Lozr, PP and Yay, Mango and Lucky....
FFFFFFFFFU** >.<

We got this :D

WassupJB

Smash Lord
on the subject of recording matches, i hope to help again. and the videos will be uploaded with better quality.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
the non mexico twins officially remind me of the Winklevoss' from The Social Network movie. idk why, maybe i'm just crazy

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
the non mexico twins officially remind me of the Winklevoss' from The Social Network movie. idk why, maybe i'm just crazy
You are now the third person to tell us that. Aparently we have to go see it because I'm still unsure as to whether that is an insult or a compliment. So for now, thanks ^_^

Ah can't it be July of next year already!?!?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
You are now the third person to tell us that. Aparently we have to go see it because I'm still unsure as to whether that is an insult or a compliment. So for now, thanks ^_^

Ah can't it be July of next year already!?!?
LOL, i wouldn't call it an insult, you guys just have like the same phsyique. but if anything probably a positive thing, they're in harvard, run like the best frat, race for the olympics etc etc...oh and workout 24/7. lolskies

WassupJB

Smash Lord
that's gonna be like genesis 0.5

gsg2 cannot match the gangsta in the first genesis but i will do the best job possible.

X-Aza

Smash Rookie
Hello ppl im Aza from mexico. Just to confirm that Mexico will be there some players are interested in attending maybe

Javi - Twin - Ex - Vena- .JPG - Bell and others :chuckle:

strawhats

Smash Master
Hello ppl im Aza from mexico. Just to confirm that Mexico will be there some players are interested in attending maybe

sorry for my bad english
make it happen bud

rhan

Smash Hero
Not going to make it.

Shipping off to boot camp June 15th.

But when I get the internet back like a couple months after that. I want a video thread link and all the details to what happened.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

sorry for my bad english
i love you mexico! come!

oh and VGbootcamp is awesome. to say 'oh i hope they don't get involved in this cause they don't upload right away' is so ********. awesome people helping melee out.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Wait fist fight or melee matches? I would spar them any day of the week haha. But I would love to get some melee doubles in against them! Mexico Twins vs New Mexico Twins! Get hype!
Why not both?
It could be a best of 3.
Round 1: Spar
Round 2: Melee Dubs
Round 3: One Twin spars, the other plays Melee and the winner of that.... stuff. Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom