• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol genesis still stands as the most amazing melee ive ever watched in my life.

i hope it reproduces this year. watching was too much fun

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Anyone know any good Hotels to book before I go? lol
You want to stay at the Ramada Inn trust me. It has been hands down the best hotel I've stayed at for a major tourney. It is an outdoor one that doesn't care if you're loud, go pounding on the doors screaming "Smash?!", and stay up all night. It's almost as if they encourage it O.o

It's because it's not a fancy hotel like the others. It's one thats cheap, good enough quality (I mean they're nice, don't get me wrong), and you can go crazy with no worry of getting kicked out (unless you go to the extreme). Oh and it's walking distance from the venue and In n Out

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
alright twins, thats it

i missed it at genesis 1

i missed it at pound 4

i missed it at apex 2

if i miss twins magic...one more time...imma hurt somebody

milesg2g

Smash Champion
You want to stay at the Ramada Inn trust me. It has been hands down the best hotel I've stayed at for a major tourney. It is an outdoor one that doesn't care if you're loud, go pounding on the doors screaming "Smash?!", and stay up all night. It's almost as if they encourage it O.o

It's because it's not a fancy hotel like the others. It's one thats cheap, good enough quality (I mean they're nice, don't get me wrong), and you can go crazy with no worry of getting kicked out (unless you go to the extreme). Oh and it's walking distance from the venue and In n Out
haha thanks, I stayed @ Ramada in for like a month when I first moved to FL back in 04' I live in GA now. I'll consider it I guess :D

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
alright twins, thats it

i missed it at genesis 1

i missed it at pound 4

i missed it at apex 2

if i miss twins magic...one more time...imma hurt somebody
We are going to try really hard to make Pound 5. I will personally go out of my way to find you at that lol. If not, then definitely at this.

Keith just stick with NC, cause Twins are NC.
We are an odd hybrid of NC, AZ, a pinch of SoCal, and a bit of NM (I mean, we are from NM after all...)

I wish I was NC or AZ though :(

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol much love. But ya we will find you and perform some k :)

And yay for being NC, AZ and all the others :)
I wonder if we can become honorary smashers in any other states? Eh no need to tho.

Oh and sorry everyone but the twins are winning this in melee. Talk about upsets huh ;)

M@v

Subarashii!
About how far is the venue from the bay area? If I come I'll more likely than not house with my sister, who lives there.

sidefx

Smash Champion
About how far is the venue from the bay area? If I come I'll more likely than not house with my sister, who lives there.
its located in the bay area.

although its on the outskirts of the eastbay, farrrrrr east bay, its still considered bay area.

considering oakland is pretty much the midpoint of the bay area, its about an hour or so drive from antioch to oakland.

without traffic.

meaning anytime from 10am-12pm after that its a parking lot

Moxin

Smash Apprentice
hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype.

inc 10 months of tech skill practice so i don't miss gay sh*t.

tw1n

Smash Champion
@ tw1n

No need to get violent on me man. S'all out of good fun.

I'd be the stupid one anyway for throwing away a perfectly good (and perfectly bad for you) burger. lolz

I wouldn't wanna ruin both of our experiences by getting thrown out of the venue for an unwanted fight anyway.
Lol ya my bad too man. I just was a little frustrated after spending so much time reading pages of brawl vs melee crap haha. I just took it too seriously. Much love =D

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Oh my god. My family and I already planned on going to California on then next summer, and I thought I'd miss Apex that way but now THIS happens. This is way too good. I'm so happy to have the chance to go to a tournament of this scale and awesomeness. ****, I'm speechless.

So about that smash 64 tournament, I have lots of questions:
- will it be singles only? a doubles tournament would be amazing!
- is the game going to be played on original consoles or a virtual console version?
- if it's gonna be on original consoles, how many setups can we expect?
- will it be played during one of the other events? (it'd be cool if it wasn't because I expect a lot out of my own performance)
- will Isai be there? =P

I'm trying to convince as many Melee and Brawl european players to come because this must NOT be missed.

Vro

Smash Lord
subbed. i heard there was a shortage of setups. there should be infinite friendlies when people have to travel across the country. let's make it happen!

Amatsu

Smash Rookie
W00t! This sounds awesome! Also.

SMASH 64 WILL HAPPEN.

King Julius for champion! I can see it happening!

AXE 09

Smash Master
subbed. i heard there was a shortage of setups. there should be infinite friendlies when people have to travel across the country. let's make it happen!
Although I didn't really get to smash much at the actual venue, the hotel is what made it all worth while. I'm more excited for the hotel than anything! Just going door-to-door smashing with a bunch of random people :)

AXE 09

Smash Master
Lol not literally EVERY room, but there were tons of rooms that had their doors open just welcoming players to come in and play. If you get bored of playing in one room, then just walk over to whichever room has their door open next lol. It was seriously a smash paradise! I never wanted to leave lol. It was like a constant wave of new smashers to play, all with different styles and so many different people to meet.

If you miss this tournament, you will regret it! =P

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Lol not literally EVERY room, but there were tons of rooms that had their doors open just welcoming players to come in and play. If you get bored of playing in one room, then just walk over to whichever room has their door open next lol. It was seriously a smash paradise! I never wanted to leave lol. It was like a constant wave of new smashers to play, all with different styles and so many different people to meet.

I just can't miss this stuff. This sounds way too good.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
Definitely not missing this. Will buy my ticket around December. Can't wait to see some pre-reg info so I can do that ASAP. Need to register for Pound as well >_<;

M@v

Subarashii!
I propose we actually do the melee vs brawl dodgeball game, like it was supposed to happen at Genesis 1. If you play both you switch sides every time your hit LOL.

And if your 64 you just win.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Definitely not missing this. Will buy my ticket around December. Can't wait to see some pre-reg info so I can do that ASAP. Need to register for Pound as well >_<;
Yo who's that dude in your avi? lol looks familiar.

Slhoka

Smash Lord

This. I was actually able to play more friendlies at the hotel than at the venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom