• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
i'll PM

and likely no I won't, since i'll be using justin.tv instead

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yes, and no, I'll be attending, but unsure of my event(s) etc... can't miss a big tourney like this one...Prolly be doin commentary, goofin around etc... should be a good time n_n

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Isn't Livestream way better? I mean Cris and Tec0 hosted the mario world marathon.. and through the 6 hours, I didn't even see a twitch of lag at all.

Shaky

Smash Ace
4th Impact (Shaky + NickRiddle) taking Brawl teams.

Most of FL is going to this I believe :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
V3ctorman & Strong Bad taking top 5 in Teams (the game that matters)

I do good commentary but I'm generally not funny, get HMW & phil if you want funny

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
dont use ustream that **** is ****ing dumb! biggest issue with it is that pple in canada cant see the livestream
Suppose it could go either way.

Ustream... has international problems, yeah. That and their limited customization options.

Justin.tv sets a viewer rate limit per country. During Pound 4, there was a secondary stream on Ustream because people viewing from Sweden had hit said limit.

Livestream.com usually buffers so much you go from being half a second behind to 9 seconds behind in the span of 20 min when you have high bandwidth streaming.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Suppose it could go either way.

Ustream... has international problems, yeah. That and their limited customization options.

Justin.tv sets a viewer rate limit per country. During Pound 4, there was a secondary stream on Ustream because people viewing from Sweden had hit said limit.

Livestream.com usually buffers so much you go from being half a second behind to 9 seconds behind in the span of 20 min when you have high bandwidth streaming.
Funny. For me, Ustream works fine, while Justin.tv is awful. I couldn't watch both the Pound 4 and 5 streams because of it.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Isn't Livestream way better? I mean Cris and Tec0 hosted the mario world marathon.. and through the 6 hours, I didn't even see a twitch of lag at all.
There was no lag but there was def some delay like Bio said. But yea, that stream was pretty smooth for the most part. I like livestream.com so far at least. I know Justin.tv is often used by the fighting game community, no idea if it's really that bad or not.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Not that I care, but Armada might...
We don't use checks over here here. I remember he had some trouble getting his money from Apex because of that. The one bank we had time to visit didn't accept a Swedish ID, and this time banks won't even open before our flight leaves on monday.
The bank had some real mindgames. I walked in to a bank and showed the bank teller the check and my drivers license. She told me that she needed two forms of ID. I went out and grabbed my passport and went back in. She told me to endorse the check and then started to look on my ID.

I signed the check and then handed over my IDs. But apperantly, swedish drivers license doesn't work at that bank (it was the bank which VGBC had their account, other banks didn't accept the check). Funny, because I've used the drivers license to rent cars in the states without problem.

I talked to the branch manager, and he keept asking me about if I had an adress or student visa so they could match that with my passport, even though I told him that I was just a tourist here for the weekend and going back tonight. I also told him that we don't use checks in europe, so I really needed to cash it out. But he couldn't help me, "sorry, it's the rules".

I met some smashers later in NY, and they said that they could cash it out for me if I endorsed it to them. But the bank teller had already tricked me to sign it so I couldn't endorse it to someone else.

Worked out later though with paypal, but damn I hate checks.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Banks are such a pain to make sure that your money is safe there. Every dumb ****ing thing you have to do there is because someone tried to scam people. It sucks but its better than getting scammed I guess.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm going to assume they do, but I'm usually not the one who sets up streams often... or rather sees the difference since in this case we used two comps to test out delays and issues and junk. But yeah, the delay wasn't an issue anyway other than replying to you guys trolling Haley XD!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I think this has already been asked, but will there be a list put up that has all pre registered players? Wasn't there one for the last genesis?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Sick I'll mm all 3 of you. $5 each as I'm not rich, but they must be MMs because how am I to take you seriously if there's nothing on the line? ;p

Melee I'm balls at. Balls trash garbage D:

DJMirror

Smash Master
No stream please

it's one of those tournaments that you have to be there >=[

and this was announced a year ahead of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom