• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Livestreams add even more hype to a tournament, anything else is bull****.

Anyone remember the first two days of Pound 5?

Good times, good times.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
suck a **** atlus just because you're not going lol
So, those who had prior plans, or have had something come up... or just don't have the financial stability to go... shouldn't get the chance to witness greatness?

That's cool, I guess.

MacD

Banned via Administration
No stream please

it's one of those tournaments that you have to be there >=[

and this was announced a year ahead of time
YEAH!!!! HOW DARE PEOPLE BE POOR OR LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY OR JUST LIKE WATCHING THE GAME AND DON'T WANNA SPEND $500 TO DO IT

**** THOSE *****ES!!!!!

seriously jkun, thought you knew better than that

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I went to genesis 1 and even I think it shouldve had stream

Stream adds hype. No one wants Twitter updates in replacement. Doesnt anyone remember how bad it was for mlg that there was no stream?

On a lighter note I believe I'm coming to this now. I was at like 10% but that 10% happened so i should be in attendance

:phone:

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
We didn't have the capability to stream at G1, the venue had no internet and it would have cost a ridiculous amount to get it over there.

Dekar173

Justice Man
We didn't have the capability to stream at G1, the venue had no internet and it would have cost a ridiculous amount to get it over there.
The general uproar is caused by this mentality-

"Omg no livestream, no livestream makes it more hype and forces you to go!"

Others of us who aren't spoiled little children, don't live on the west coast, or are just downright unlucky and without money at the moment don't believe this is fair, ASSUMING livestream is actually available this time around.

Not to mention the fact that it's so much MORE hype to be playing on a livestream having everything recorded/viewed by your friends.

tl;dr if it's available and cost-efficient, there's no reason not to livestream aside from just being lazy.

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
i wanna **** every kfc falco in this tourny

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

sidefx

Smash Champion
I think this has already been asked, but will there be a list put up that has all pre registered players? Wasn't there one for the last genesis?
there are only 22 people pre-regged so far.

as i said before, im not putting up a list until it reaches a significant number.

Browny

Smash Hater
there are only 22 people pre-regged so far.

as i said before, im not putting up a list until it reaches a significant number.
I should get paid for this

Lesson; how to deal with lazy people. Cater for them when you need something from them and laugh at them when they cant get something they want.

Tw1n; sidefx; Fuzzyness; Twin_A; GameDragonX; Rosedemon; Divinokage; VideoKidHEERO; ajp_anton; singers; Karaudo; xXx-NoobKing-xXx; Axe 09; strawhats; Atlus8; pokyD; MacDaddy69; choknater; Brian; AllyKnight; WassupJB; L__; Browny; Keitaro; UsurperKingZant; Koru Barton; t3h Icy; Old Man Grey; Shroomed; hungrybox; GMMA ANTi; Alex Strife; Alphicans; HyugaRicdeau; Sveet; Dr Peepee; The King; MasterShake; JTB; KAOSTAR; metareflectslime; Asa; CHAiN-ACE; mikeHAZEl Eikelmann; TKbro; Strong Bad; sad_day; The Greater Leon; VirtualVoid; omgwtfToph; Bionic; Vex Kasrani; Laijin; Mekosl PB&J; trahhSTEEZY; Plairnkk; GKInfinity; Bob money; M4xX; tarhelljks; ESAM; CAOTIC; Zigsta; Nø Ca$h; Zoap; A New England Winter; ssbbFICTION; KILLA.FOR.CASH.; Kuro~; Lovage; M@v; musashi; Roneblaster; ThePrime; Alukard; D. Disciple; The GERM; vVv ChiboSempai; Doll666; SnaclAttack; Slhoka; Patches; 3; baka4moé; *P*L*U*R*; King Funk; Tahsis; joeplicate; SFAT; Roller; Juggleguy; ENSiS; Zoler; J.Shadows; rhan; Beatstick; Jem.; Smooth Criminal; PokemonMasterIRL; Zone; SwiftBass; God-is-my-Rock; Ocean; Takeover1806; Alex19; Aniolas; Pierc7d; ProdigyA.K.A MVD; SSB64-Jel; Calvo819;TheZhuKeeper; xHatatox; Sage Osaka; milesg2g; Hazygoose; crismas; GOTM; GHNeko; DaemonFang; Tokyoinamerica

hello namesearchers :)

Thats about 1/3 of all people posted here. Took about 10 minutes. If you really care about getting people to sign up, maybe do the other 2/3 (but the top third posted the most, thus more likely to be the ones actually attending) simply send out a PM to every single person (copy the above wall of names into the address field in a PM), with something along the lines of

"Hey, I see you expressed interetes in attentding Genesis 2. If you are still interested in going, dont forget to register as soon as possible and guarantee yourself a good seeding! Registering is mandatory and the sooner we get numbers, the sooner we can spend more time organising side events instead of waiting for people to sign up late.

So please dont delay, [insert something about how great Genesis 2 will be] and register as soon as possible"

You can thank me later when it works

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I should get paid for this

Lesson; how to deal with lazy people. Cater for them when you need something from them and laugh at them when they cant get something they want.

Tw1n; sidefx; Fuzzyness; Twin_A; GameDragonX; Rosedemon; Divinokage; VideoKidHEERO; ajp_anton; singers; Karaudo; xXx-NoobKing-xXx; Axe 09; strawhats; Atlus8; pokyD; MacDaddy69; choknater; Brian; AllyKnight; WassupJB; L__; Browny; Keitaro; UsurperKingZant; Koru Barton; t3h Icy; Old Man Grey; Shroomed; hungrybox; GMMA ANTi; Alex Strife; Alphicans; HyugaRicdeau; Sveet; Dr Peepee; The King; MasterShake; JTB; KAOSTAR; metareflectslime; Asa; CHAiN-ACE; mikeHAZEl Eikelmann; TKbro; Strong Bad; sad_day; The Greater Leon; VirtualVoid; omgwtfToph; Bionic; Vex Kasrani; Laijin; Mekosl PB&J; trahhSTEEZY; Plairnkk; GKInfinity; Bob money; M4xX; tarhelljks; ESAM; CAOTIC; Zigsta; Nø Ca$h; Zoap; A New England Winter; ssbbFICTION; KILLA.FOR.CASH.; Kuro~; Lovage; M@v; musashi; Roneblaster; ThePrime; Alukard; D. Disciple; The GERM; vVv ChiboSempai; Doll666; SnaclAttack; Slhoka; Patches; 3; baka4moé; *P*L*U*R*; King Funk; Tahsis; joeplicate; SFAT; Roller; Juggleguy; ENSiS; Zoler; J.Shadows; rhan; Beatstick; Jem.; Smooth Criminal; PokemonMasterIRL; Zone; SwiftBass; God-is-my-Rock; Ocean; Takeover1806; Alex19; Aniolas; Pierc7d; ProdigyA.K.A MVD; SSB64-Jel; Calvo819;TheZhuKeeper; xHatatox; Sage Osaka; milesg2g; Hazygoose; crismas; GOTM; GHNeko; DaemonFang; Tokyoinamerica

hello namesearchers :)

Thats about 1/3 of all people posted here. Took about 10 minutes. If you really care about getting people to sign up, maybe do the other 2/3 (but the top third posted the most, thus more likely to be the ones actually attending) simply send out a PM to every single person (copy the above wall of names into the address field in a PM), with something along the lines of

"Hey, I see you expressed interetes in attentding Genesis 2. If you are still interested in going, dont forget to register as soon as possible and guarantee yourself a good seeding! Registering is mandatory and the sooner we get numbers, the sooner we can spend more time organising side events instead of waiting for people to sign up late.

So please dont delay, [insert something about how great Genesis 2 will be] and register as soon as possible"

You can thank me later when it works
>_>

Could you be any more patronizing? Or is that how they offer advice Down Under?

I'm sure Boback appreciates the input, but c'mon man.

Smooth Criminal

sidefx

Smash Champion
lol yeah not to be rude or anything but i honestly have better things to do than to track everyone down and remind them to pre-reg. thats a lot of time and energy that i could be using on better things.

i send out regular tweets and facebook updates to the 350-450 people who have followed/added me and remind them to pre-reg.

its up to you guys to do it, not me lol.

once the deadline has passed you get to pay more at the door, and thats fine with me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
loll. no one ever preregs until the month of the deadline anyway
pound 5's list looked like 100 people until january/feb

boback: did you get my registration? it's havin' me do some microdeposits or some **** so was wondering if my registration had gone through or if it'll have to wait until after i confirm that ****

sidefx

Smash Champion
ill check right now,

and kellen f that ****

edit: it is currently pending.

"
Waiting for payer's account confirmation"

give it a day or two ill keep you updated when it goes through. probably has to go through some bank stuff

Browny

Smash Hater
10 minutes man

10 minutes can save you a lot of headaches

Could you be any more patronizing? Or is that how they offer advice Down Under?
vs.
"as i said before, im not putting up a list until it reaches a significant number."

Nah I think I'm fine with what I said

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I don't blame Browny. He's coming all the way from Australia, which I am guessing is gonna cost a lot of money, so he wants to know it'll be worth it. If only 22 people are registered like less than a month before the tournament, that'd be really ****ty.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'd say something about caveat empor but that would be ****ish. So I'll say this instead:

There's a better way of voicing, or of phrasing, your concerns. His concern is justified, but definitely not the tone of it. It's almost like he's telling Boback what the hell to do. It's simply not his place to do so.

Plus it's kind of a trend for Smashers to register at the last moment, as Atlus and Boback pointed out. Do you think people are going to magically get their ducks in a row as soon as they see that PM? Probably not. This is the Smash community we're talking about here.

I would also like to point out that some of these people have to wait until the last minute, too. Not all of us have amazing jobs that make expendable income commonplace. Some of us have bills to pay and mouths to feed. Perhaps they're banking on a bonus or something like that to come in so that they can pay for the plane ticket or tourney entrance, or maybe even both. Some of us don't even have jobs, and those people are probably waiting on their birthdays, student loans or hand-outs from their respective sources. Timing is important for these people.

Just...think about it, I guess? I dunno. I'm not trying to be a prick here. You have to consider all of the factors.

Smooth Criminal

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't blame Browny. He's coming all the way from Australia, which I am guessing is gonna cost a lot of money, so he wants to know it'll be worth it. If only 22 people are registered like less than a month before the tournament, that'd be really ****ty.
You really think that's going to happen? LOLLL.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Maybe. I didn't say that's how many people would show, because within that less than a month, hundreds of people could register. I am just saying it makes coming from a very far location a gamble.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Plus it's kind of a trend for Smashers to register at the last moment, as Atlus and Boback pointed out. Do you think people are going to magically get their ducks in a row as soon as they see that PM? Probably not. This is the Smash community we're talking about here.
its a trend for all fighting game communities, it happens in the UK too for SvB (Super vs Battle) the biggest fighting game tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom