• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidefx

Smash Champion
I tried inserting one a few days ago

it ****ed up the individual posts and made it really ugly (that or I have no idea where to put it so it'll fit in)

for now you can like/tweet a thread though :stupidfox:
aw =(

it has to be the default facebook Like button huh? what about to the left of the post # in the top right corner? might be too big actually.. =(

id like your post if there was a like button. just sayin =)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Depending on whose all coming and what space we've got, you could try crashing in one of the Alberta rooms. We're in the process of booking them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I tried inserting one a few days ago

it ****ed up the individual posts and made it really ugly (that or I have no idea where to put it so it'll fit in)

for now you can like/tweet a thread though :stupidfox:
What is the standard format for the site? I view mine with the user information on the left, but i know the site also can display it with the user info above the post. In any case, would it be possible to place the button(s) in the bottom left corner of the post window (opposite side of the edit and quote buttons).

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
alcohol policy?
This gives me a good opportunity to say something that I want everyone to understand:

Of course, the official policy is 'don't do anything illegal,' and I'm going to encourage people to follow that. I know you guys want to have fun given that we have the whole hotel to ourselves, but that's also a good reason why everyone needs to not do anything stupid that will get cops over there. It might only take one stupid person to screw up things for hundreds of people. If you are responsible for cops coming and ruining other people's fun who weren't involved, I can almost guarantee your eviction from the tourney/hotel. So please, don't do anything stupid, and if you absolutely MUST do something stupid, please please please do it in the confines of your own room. Do not walk around with open liquor for extended periods of time. Do not break bottles, especially not where people are likely to be barefoot. And do not disrespect the hotel itself, which has been so accommodating to everyone.

Also, while having the hotel to ourselves also means that noise complaints aren't an issue, you still need to be respectful of your neighbors. The people in the room next to you might need a lot of sleep after a long trip, or get good rest for their bracket matches on Sunday. There will be plenty of rooms with Smash going on in them, so if you want to be loud, do it someplace where nobody else cares.

So, guys, have fun, but don't be stupid. Seriously.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
aw =(

it has to be the default facebook Like button huh? what about to the left of the post # in the top right corner? might be too big actually.. =(

id like your post if there was a like button. just sayin =)
=D

What is the standard format for the site? I view mine with the user information on the left, but i know the site also can display it with the user info above the post. In any case, would it be possible to place the button(s) in the bottom left corner of the post window (opposite side of the edit and quote buttons).
I've tried any which way it would be possible (and on left postbit, top postbit is going to be a ***** to figure out): http://i.imgur.com/OKCgl.png

no where to put it without it stretching :/

Shroomed

Smash Master
This gives me a good opportunity to say something that I want everyone to understand:

Of course, the official policy is 'don't do anything illegal,' and I'm going to encourage people to follow that. I know you guys want to have fun given that we have the whole hotel to ourselves, but that's also a good reason why everyone needs to not do anything stupid that will get cops over there. It might only take one stupid person to screw up things for hundreds of people. If you are responsible for cops coming and ruining other people's fun who weren't involved, I can almost guarantee your eviction from the tourney/hotel. So please, don't do anything stupid, and if you absolutely MUST do something stupid, please please please do it in the confines of your own room. Do not walk around with open liquor for extended periods of time. Do not break bottles, especially not where people are likely to be barefoot. And do not disrespect the hotel itself, which has been so accommodating to everyone.

Also, while having the hotel to ourselves also means that noise complaints aren't an issue, you still need to be respectful of your neighbors. The people in the room next to you might need a lot of sleep after a long trip, or get good rest for their bracket matches on Sunday. There will be plenty of rooms with Smash going on in them, so if you want to be loud, do it someplace where nobody else cares.

So, guys, have fun, but don't be stupid. Seriously.
Quoted for truth and to make sure everyone else sees.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i do distinctly remember dajuan trying to sleep at sheridan's house after day 1 of DGDTJ, saying "everyone is freakin loud." cuz he doesnt cuss much!

needless to say i agreed with him

i know people said not staying at the ramada is missing out on a huge genesis experience... but i think i'm gonna reserve at the nearby microtel haha. i stayed there last time, and i believe fiction did too LOL (with his dad.) i'd probably pay a visit to ramada but sleep somewhere else for some peace and quiet.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahahhaha. im down im down.

hope u just read my post that im not staying at the ramada though. LOL

i still gotta talk to my modesto peeps tho. (however i'll be takin summer school around the time genesis happens... so... i guess i'll be in the bay! LOL)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm......... maybe i'll bring my straw hat to the tourny

i need a better one though. the one i have is too small

sidefx

Smash Champion
alright so some news for the international players coming to genesis2.

after setting up an additional link for international players, i realized, "hey wait, whats going to prevent non-international players from using the paypal link instead of the wepay one?"

and just thinking about sorting through all of the information, from both sites, and trying to collect everything into an organized data base, (which wepay automatically does) including a bunch of other minor factors that add up to a giant headache, i decided to just collect info from anyone not in the US (which last time wasn't more than roughly 40-60 people) via email, and let them pay in person at the door when genesis rolls around.

this way, you will still be seeded, it will make it a HELL of a lot easier for me, and the whole conversion thing wont be a factor.

either way, im going to plaster it everywhere, to email info for international players only, (non US) to my genesisdbr@gmail.com email, with a set list of info to fill out.

sorry for the inconvenience, this caught me off guard, and this is the best way i think to handle it without having to watch my hair turn grey =(

so please if you are NOT from the US and are planning on attending genesis, and know of others who are going to attend as well, please let them know about this.

I will also be posting this in the specific regional forums to better spread the word out, as well as FB, and twitter.

thanks for being patient. =)

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Omg i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
Dair does 22% as a combo starter.

Rockcrock needs a teammate. He is a coveted asset in teams and any top pro should benefit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfNopNgOibw#t=1m11s He Sweeps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfNopNgOibw#t=2m25s He Crushes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13rkey6XZg#t=7m31s He Carries feeding foxes.

More details:
Zhu and Rock got 2nd at POE
During summer and school breaks he is forced to play 3-for-alls with phanna and uberice, so his peripherals are honed for backstabbing/backstabbers.
Rockcrock is rumored to have a combo video.
He plays ganon.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oooh RockCrock needs a teammate. Hmmm... him and Kage should team and **** face (assuming Fuzzy doesn't team with him)

:phone:

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
how does double ganon work? it sounds pretty interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8VodykGJU8

It would be a legendary team, but Rock has expressed little faith in double ganon making it beyond top ten. (They should record some teams MMs though)

He got 7th in teams last genesis with Shiz, but Rock's thumb was hurting from doing nairs per minute the night before. It will be a great show and many upsets will happen if he gets a star.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
I hope you guys have the same super AMAZING SOUND SYSTEM you guys had for the projecter last time hahahaha sh*t ****ed up my hearing Hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom