• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Fundraiser update!

Fundraiser Update!

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far, it really means a lot. A little less than a month ago we got back to back 100 dollar donations! Every dollar counts, andI just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has donated so far, so thank you to Daniel Seraphin, Marvin Hutchinson, Chase Azimi(Onski), Jason Bustria, Kristine Xie, Sophie Eilliot, Dimitris, Atlus, ROFL, and Slhoka.

There has also been a slight change in how we will be handling this Fundraiser. The idea was to use as much as we could toward funding the actual tournament, and whatever remains (if any) would be donated toward those who were directly affected financially by what occurred at Pound 5 (P5-E.R.A.). After discussing it further, we now plan on donating exactly half of whatever is donated to the fundraiser to the P5-E.R.A. So if you are reading this, please help make this tournament more epic than the first, while at the same time helping the players who rightfully deserve it.

Total: $467
P5-ERA: $233.50
Genesis: $233.50

http://www.gofundme.com/2bwc4?r=87480

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I asked a question on facebook but I'll ask it here too

"question, I'm definitely going to enter melee singles and doubles + pay venue fee

but can I pay for 64 later if I make a decision on that? :/"

Another question

when can I order shirts? I want one for me and my gf :p

sidefx

Smash Champion
ticket prices at 500$ still
so consensus is that 500$ is going to be the price from now until day of prolly huh?
check bing.com they have a price estimations based on the date throughout the year.

also priceline.com to lower the prices never hurts =)

@ fuzzy, the shirts will be done by this week, and i will be putting up a link to that as well once we find an affordable shop to print them at. prices will probably be around the same as last time, $20-25.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
the payment site is problematic to anyone outside of the US, I dont live in a state >_> lol and it there's no location settings anywhere even when you make an account. There's no way for me to pay at all

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
here's an idea for crews, if there's time and enough people turn up of course. individual us states vs individual european countries. they have relatively similar populations to each other, so it may turn out to be pretty fair and it may produce some rather interesting results.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
here's an idea for crews, if there's time and enough people turn up of course. individual us states vs individual european countries. they have relatively similar populations to each other, so it may turn out to be pretty fair and it may produce some rather interesting results.
Among European countries, only Sweden will have a decently-sized crew, then :(
France may have 5 people at best, and as far as I know no other european country (beside Sweden of course) is bringing more than 3/4 people.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

lolstuff

Smash Rookie
isnt there supposed to be something about T shirts that go along with the pre registration?

edit: sorry i didnt read carefully enough in the page before, my question is answered

sidefx

Smash Champion
Holy **** at 25$ entry fee, wasnt genesis 1 15$-20$? Bless you melee players, you might break the 7k in prizes LOL

might as well up the anti. every international tournament has been $20 dollar entry fee. lets raise the stakes and get this **** started right. begin with epic hype status, and end on a legendary historic note. =)

assuming we get the expected turn out were hoping for (roughly 330-350) melee singles pot alone will be near 9k.

total pot for all games combined will reach 30k plus =)

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Among European countries, only Sweden will have a decently-sized crew, then :(
France may have 5 people at best, and as far as I know no other european country (beside Sweden of course) is bringing more than 3/4 people.
Hopefully I'm wrong.
ok, how about this: a number of european teams based on their language family.

one could be all the countries with languages with latin origins, such as england, italy, france and spain. another could be those with a language with germanic origins, i.e. germany, holland and england (I guess it's helpful that english is basically the illegitimate lovechild of all other european languages). that leaves the scandinavian countries to form another team, i hope they have the good sense to call themselves the viking rapists, or something similar. that would be lovely.

i'm rather proud of this idea, somebody should be giving me a medal for this ****.

Zoap

Smash Master
ticket prices at 500$ still
so consensus is that 500$ is going to be the price from now until day of prolly huh?

Out of Orlando to SFO:

7/13-7/19

$379.40 total

Then again I don't know your schedule. its 351 if you go into San Jose(but it will cost you around $20-30 to get you there and back without any help, 12.80 just in roundtrip bart fare.) You would have to talk to some locals about what buses you can take.

My offer from a few pages back still stands.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
tuesdays/wednesdays are definitely the cheapest days to fly out

unfortunately i can only fly out thursday/friday and come back monday

The GERM

Smash Ace
This community has lasted over decade, the only way it's gonna last another decade is to give everyone incentive to practice and reach a competitive level, and what better incentive than a lot of hard cash.

If this scene wants to be taken seriously as a fighting game, its time to up the stakes fellas. This should be the biggest prize give-out in smash history, especially with that extra 6k from Sabergaming :)

Atlus8

Smash Master
Hmmm . . . Last year I bought my ticket to Mexico for around $340, but I bought them on April and the flight wasn't until July! Tickets only went higher right after I bought them so I wouldn't expect tickets to go cheaper than $400 if you're still looking around! Check bing.com EVERYDAY!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Still only 390 out of Orlando to SFO for 7/14-7/18

Thats thursday to monday if your wondering.
only 390? thats quite a bit, but thats still cheaper than anything else ive seen recently

inb4nojohnseurosspend****loadsmoreandmesayingloldontcare

t3h Icy

Smash Master
might as well up the anti. every international tournament has been $20 dollar entry fee. lets raise the stakes and get this **** started right. begin with epic hype status, and end on a legendary historic note. =)

assuming we get the expected turn out were hoping for (roughly 330-350) melee singles pot alone will be near 9k.

total pot for all games combined will reach 30k plus =)
So since first is for 45% ($4050) and second is for 22.5% ($2025), then...

GRAND FINALS IS WORTH OVER 2K! O_O

Hmm... USA vs. The World, huh?

I want in on that one for Brawl.
USA is strong enough as it is.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
USA is strong enough as it is.
It's with an attitude like that you'd be doomed to fail from the start. What's the point of USA vs. The World if all people will think is "Pffft, USA will win what's the point." ?

For the sport of it and not one to back down, I sure as hell am not gonna go into this thinking of the odds that are against me. If I was one of the 10 chosen for the Brawl crew, that is; we've got some solid players on our side too.

Of course it's gonna be a tough fight, but it'd be lame and less hype if it were any other way.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
i wish smash boards had a like button
I tried inserting one a few days ago

it ****ed up the individual posts and made it really ugly (that or I have no idea where to put it so it'll fit in)

for now you can like/tweet a thread though :stupidfox:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom