• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
oh ok..wow i never realized that nationals had such high entrance fees...

i'm sure it'll be worth it though, i missed the first genesis, and so i can't miss this one!

sidefx

Smash Champion
scheduling of the shuttle service is still being worked on. (the **** is becoming mad expensive)

besides that, we will have people driving back and forth (myself included) from the venue to the BART station.

Rest assured, you WILL have a ride from the BART station regardless of a shuttle or not. I will personally come pick you up if you dont have a ride. Or i will get someone to pick you up.

sidefx

Smash Champion
tentative schedule is up

edit: also alan, i know youre trying to help, but answering questions for me will just make things worse in the end. I will have people coming up to me expecting things i never agreed to, based on your answers.

thanks BUDDY.

MacD

Banned via Administration
scheduling of the shuttle service is still being worked on. (the **** is becoming mad expensive)

besides that, we will have people driving back and forth (myself included) from the venue to the BART station.

Rest assured, you WILL have a ride from the BART station regardless of a shuttle or not. I will personally come pick you up if you dont have a ride. Or i will get someone to pick you up.
do you mean only on thursday, or even on wednesday and tuesday? some people were coming in wednesday/earlier and weren't sure if there would still be the shuttle.

i know that you'll have everyone covered all day on thursday, but what about earlier

sidefx

Smash Champion
sorry i should have clarified that.

If we end up getting the shuttle service, were only going to get it for thursday.

As far as dedicated drivers that are helping out, thats up to them really. I know a few people who live within a few miles of the venue and BART station who probably wouldnt mind picking some people up from the station on wednesday or earlier. Ill probably help in that as well since ill be in the area anyways.

but as far as dedicated shuttle service, were aiming to have that only for thursday where the bulk of travelers are expected to be coming in.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If we end up getting the shuttle service, were only going to get it for thursday.

As far as dedicated drivers that are helping out, thats up to them really. I know a few people who live within a few miles of the venue and BART station who probably wouldnt mind picking some people up from the station on wednesday or earlier. Ill probably help in that as well since ill be in the area anyways.
This is awesome news! Thanks SideFX.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
To Genesis? Of course I'm coming!
THEN WE HAVE TO PLAY SOMETIME. NO EXCUSES!!!!! :)
Dang it man!!! singles brackets shoulda been on saturday! Now all of AZ cant come, we have church on sunday!!!
Ok, i'm all for faith and dedication...but missing a one-time awesome event that's not even that far from your state (i'm on opposite side of U.S.) for church? Come on bro...YOU GOTZ TO COME!!!
i dont know if florida is getting a hotel room together or not. I planned to go with lounis for this one, ala apex

also getting my ticket in june. probably flying from tampa instead of orlando cause its alot cheaper. If gas is 5 bucks a gallon at that time i might not though (since i use premium we arent that far away, and its a 3 hour drive roundtrip)

Edit: yea just calculated, and if gas is 5 dollars a gallon by the time genesis 2 comes for premium (and its like 4.21 now), then it would cost 50 bucks each for me and hrnut (we're buying tickets together) just for gas to tampa airport, not to mention another 10-20 for tolls....so i'll see :glare:
Ok, i mean i was just curious. Oh and keith, when the time comes, let me know which town is cheaper. Cuz i'd be glad to drive with yall and chip in for gas that way we can all save on the plane tickets y'know?

Also, where the Fk!!!! are you buying your gas lmao. All the gas stations i see are at like 3.90s
huh? im not talking about a john of me not going to the tourney at all. its a decision of me between flying from Tampa or Orlando

I mean, why fly from tampa for a ticket thats like 70 bucks less than flying from Orlando, when i'll spend 60 bucks just getting there in the first place, along with wasting time.

If my entire trip was 60 bucks then it would be no problem. I **** on 60 bucks lol...im flying from florida though so its gonna be pricey so i gotta see which city is cheaper to fly out of all around, and not just the airfare ticket portion

...jerk :awesome:
Read above. And i agreee if this whole thing was 60 bux holy **** i'd be happy :laugh:

Browny

Smash Hater
Well sidefx, Ill be getting into SFO at 1:15pm on the wendesday and since im coming from such a long way, I will have a full suitcase so I definitely wont be catching no bus.

I assume someone may be table to take me from the BART at pittsburgh to the Hotel? If not im fine with a taxi. On that topic though, I'm guessing I would have to ring before hand to book one to arrive at that time?

sidefx

Smash Champion
Well sidefx, Ill be getting into SFO at 1:15pm on the wendesday and since im coming from such a long way, I will have a full suitcase so I definitely wont be catching no bus.

I assume someone may be table to take me from the BART at pittsburgh to the Hotel? If not im fine with a taxi. On that topic though, I'm guessing I would have to ring before hand to book one to arrive at that time?
yeah i cant say ill even try to remember what time youre coming in, so just email me or when i put up the list of drivers just call one of them to schedule a pick up or something with one of them.

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah I know man that wasnt meant to be some formal thing lol, just letting u know of one more person who will be *requiring* a lift on the wednesday, I dont suspect there will be too many arriving that early?

sidefx

Smash Champion
oh lol

last time there were a good chunk of people who arrived prior to thursday/friday at the hotel. Some were there a week or so ahead of time but had housing else where. so there is a good chance you might be meeting up with a few others for a ride or something

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i hope i can go

im down to buy a plane ticket, but they are currently 400-500+ dollars roundtrip from my area of the state. im not european so definitely not looking to spend that on just the ticket alone, minus any entry fees/hotel/food costs. If they dont drop some within June i dont think ill be attending unfortunately :(

MacD

it's really sad gas prices are so high for no real reason besides oil companies greedy profiting ways and excuses of things going on in the middle east, most of which don't even affect any oil suppliers

hopefully we can see a drop back down to like $3 a gallon soon so that plane ticket can also drop by 100+

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
it's really sad gas prices are so high for no real reason besides oil companies greedy profiting ways and excuses of things going on in the middle east, most of which don't even affect any oil suppliers

hopefully we can see a drop back down to like $3 a gallon soon so that plane ticket can also drop by 100+
$8.7/gallon here.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

It's more likely due to oil speculators and futures trading.

X-Vena

Smash Cadet
Sorry, if someone can translate this, it will be great

malas noticias de mexico, por mi parte no podre asistir debido a que no logre juntar ni la mitad de lo que tenia que juntar de dinero, por otra parte no hay ningun interes por parte de los gemelos en asistir al torneo, Ex me comento que no tiene trabajo, asi que por lo visto todo lo que se planeo del autobus no podra realizare ya que Maxx no anda muy bien economicamente y no hemos sabido nada de el, es una lastima porque muchos de nosotros queriamos ir, pero es muy dificil conseguir tanto dinero y conseguir la visa,

AllyKnight

malas noticias de mexico, por mi parte no podre asistir debido a que no logre juntar ni la mitad de lo que tenia que juntar de dinero, por otra parte no hay ningun interes por parte de los gemelos en asistir al torneo, Ex me comento que no tiene trabajo, asi que por lo visto todo lo que se planeo del autobus no podra realizare ya que Maxx no anda muy bien economicamente y no hemos sabido nada de el, es una lastima porque muchos de nosotros queriamos ir, pero es muy dificil conseguir tanto dinero y conseguir la visa,
short: Bad news for Mexico, from my part, I can't attend cuz we don't have enough money for Genesis and need to get VISA (passport is better!)

I might be wrong

Atlus8

Smash Master

I got this!

Bad news, I won't be able to attend since I won't manage to afford the trip and there isn't much interest from the twins to attend! EX has commented that he doesn't have a job and wouldn't be able to afford a bus ride that was planned out! Same thing about Maxx and we haven't heard much from him! Much of us really want to go, but we are having difficulty financially and getting a hold of our visa!

In short!

No Money and Visa!

Edit - Everything is just going dooooooooooown hill . . . I hope pre-reg goes up soon so we can see good numbers in attandance!

AllyKnight

I got this!

Bad news, I won't be able to attend since I won't manage to afford the trip and there isn't much interest from the twins to attend! EX has commented that he doesn't have a job and wouldn't be able to afford a bus ride that was planned out! Same thing about Maxx and we haven't heard much from him! Much of us really want to go, but we are having difficulty financially and getting a hold of our visa!

In short!

No Money and Visa!
lmao good **** ^^ you translated in details, I felt like all there was to say was the 'No money and VISA' lol

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I don't think the twins have interest in attending anything that requires them leaving the comfort of their sofa...LOL

Hope some mexican players make it...perhaps Valdo (The Sitaution) or my boy .jpg (ytutty) at least. And what about the guys from chile (like dark?) I thought someone was setting up a fund for them.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
The fundraiser link is kind of hard to find in this thread. Is it even in the first post?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12678986#post12678986

I didnt win the tournament last sat but I did alright, learnt that I gotta go back to basics cause all I had to do was roll from edge in two situations and didn't do it getting shine spiked each time and losing momentum (+ one match from it). I'm happy with my marth tho =D

Prof is getting better ;_; its hard to beat him. When someone knows your style thats the hardest opponent :/

also 2011 tactics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER224oaHjBs#t=01m06s
unshieldable falcon kick!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I am officially coming to Genesis 2. Who was at WHOBO 3 that will be at this (the people that I didn't get a chance to face in friendlies/money matches/pools/brackets)? You guys have top priority in the people that I wanna face. No excuses this time, I'm gonna find that time to take you all on!

Another Sonic breaking out of pools, here I come! Or...at least, I'm gonna give it my best shot. Either way, I'm really hyped for this. Alberta's gonna bring the heat. >D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom