• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Why are you guys going with a 48 man bracket with bo5 sets instead of 64 man bracket with standard sets.

Salty 4th seed is bias, but I honestly think people will dislike the all bo5 sets.

talking brawl of course.
64 person with best of 3 would actually take less time than best of 5 48 person.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
The fact is though that it will always be incredibly hard to have a perfect crew battle where the top players from each region are all in attendance. In all honesty though the WC team is pretty much WC players, but EC had the help of some good south players didn't they? So it seemed like a pretty balanced set of teams and it's not like the match was one sided.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The fact is though that it will always be incredibly hard to have a perfect crew battle where the top players from each region are all in attendance. In all honesty though the WC team is pretty much WC players, but EC had the help of some good south players didn't they? So it seemed like a pretty balanced set of teams and it's not like the match was one sided.
A good point. Still South isn't nearly as stacked as they were last genesis.

Pengie

Smash Lord
looooooool stop all the EC/WC bickering and talk about how international/EU/The World is going to get bodied by America!!!

That is, if they actually go through with the crew battle

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Best of 5 sets for brawl just doesn't sound good at all. For finals its okay and even that can get boring to watch.

D

Deleted member

Best of 5 sets for brawl just doesn't sound good at all. For finals its okay and even that can get boring to watch.
Yeah, I heard about this and couldn't believe it. Some of these sets are going to take forever...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
give me an example that is actually legit then
then maybe you'll make a point
your so upset man take a walk or something geez it's not that serious.

Anyway lets say a douche bag decides to shine his key flashlight in your eyes during your match resulting in SD's and missed chance that lead to your death. Now if you confront him about it people will say (sore loser, johns...etc) Ignoring the fact that you really did get ****ed. IMO the johns craze has been very much exhausted.

JDM

Smash Champion
Stop feeding the troll Brian.

Spam_arrows has now been successfully added to your ignore list. You will now be returned to where you were.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
Man, East vs. West crews was so legit. Mad hype all the way. East coast don't know about our Ice Climbers.

Me and my teammate DQ'd ourselves from bracket on purpose in order to watch crews and it was worth it. :] Genesis 2 baby! Tomorrow is gonna be sick!

L__

Smash Master
Explain to me why wobbling upsets you. I do not see a logical reason for wobbling to get banned. You should already be avoiding grabs. If you think wobbling is a ban-worthy tactic, why not use it and win the next huge tournament?

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Explain to me why wobbling upsets you. I do not see a logical reason for wobbling to get banned. You should already be avoiding grabs. If you think wobbling is a ban-worthy tactic, why not use it and win the next huge tournament?
"I'm not punk *****" ~Rush hour.:cool:

There is a difference in mentality I suppose. If I won a competition in which case the judges were payed off I wouldn't feel like I won. If Someone more skilled than me lost to me via wobble I would not feel like I won. I would feel like I had a handicap.

L__

Smash Master
You wouldn't feel like you won but technically you did.

Care to explain why wobbling is a handicap?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You wouldn't feel like you won but technically you did.

Care to explain why wobbling is a handicap?
Because you don't need it is both unfair and unneeded I see no reason for it to exist. Even if IC players complain It is possible to place high without Wobbling being legal. Yet every time it is made legal hype events get ruined and IC's players(won't say any names) place higher then they normally would or perhaps should. While better players get wobbled out. Just look at the tournament results for wobbling legal events and compare then to the results without wobbling being legalized and you'll get it instantly I promise.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Because you don't need it is both unfair and unneeded I see no reason for it to exist. Even if IC players complain It is possible to place high without Wobbling being legal. Yet every time it is made legal hype events get ruined and IC's players(won't say any names) place higher then they normally would or perhaps should. While better players get wobbled out. Just look at the tournament results for wobbling legal events and compare then to the results without wobbling being legalized and you'll get it instantly I promise.
I think people have done this and found very little significant change.

L__

Smash Master
How is wobbling unfair? because it turns one grab into death? You shouldn't be getting grabbed in the first place lmfao. It's a test of your fundamentals as a player versus another player's ability to get the grab.

Also idk about everyone sitting at their computers watching the stream but I, along with many others, had a blast watching the wobbling.

Archer

Smash Rookie
Spam_Arrows making stupid examples saying the crew battle is like a guy shining a light in someone's eye.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Spam_Arrows making stupid examples saying the crew battle is like a guy shining a light in someone's eye.
..........................what?

How is wobbling unfair? because it turns one grab into death? You shouldn't be getting grabbed in the first place lmfao. It's a test of your fundamentals as a player versus another player's ability to get the grab.

Also idk about everyone sitting at their computers watching the stream but I, along with many others, had a blast watching the wobbling.
Post a video of you playing a whole set in which you do not get grabbed one time and I will shut up.

At high levels of play it is not possible for this to happen(in melee anyway)

Jonas

Smash Champion
It's like getting shine-spiked off the stage at 0% or getting gimped early by Sheik really. If we make a rule that Ice Climbers shouldn't be able to get a free KO off 1 opening, why shouldn't this rule apply to other characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom