• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
lol wobbling comparable to a gimp..........yeah right. I dun care about whether wobbling is banned or not, but if anyone thinks that getting gimped by fox/marth/whoever is on the same level as wobbling then they absolutely have no idea of how this game is played.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I dont see what the big deal about wobbling is. I've been wobbled by PEEF and wobbled by Wobbles. Do I care? not really. Getting grabbed by ICs is a mistake, and youre gonna lose a stock pretty much regardless of your actions. Just own up to your mistakes and lose your stock. Whats the conditional for getting grabbed by ICs and then wobbled? The ICs have to be synced and you have to be inside their tiny grab range. Sounds like an easy enough way to not lose to that strategy. Seriously, wobbling is just another form of gimp/0-death. It doesn't break the game in any way, regardless of how "lame" it is.

Stratford

Smash Champion
So after the discussion that took place here earlier today...

I hope Wobbles wins by wobbling his way through the entire bracket. GFs better be Wobbles vs Fly, where Wobbles wins because Fly doesn't wobble. Haters gonna hate.
But...

...Ice Climbers can't wobble other Ice Climbers (unless it's just Popo)...

...so who wins now?

:awesome:

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Wobbling shouldn't be banned. Ever see Ice Climbers win nationals? No? Because it can be beaten.

Like it or not, grabs are pretty much the entirety of the Ice Climbers metagame. Don't get grabbed.

napZzz

Smash Hero
>genesis thread
>people complaining about wobbling for no reason

hurrdurrhurrdurrhurrdurr

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Too bad all the smart people showed up after I finally went to sleep. Anyways lets agree to leave Wobbling discussion out until 2:59 AM EC time.

Lit

Smash Ace
Or it means ice climbers players have to rely on something other than inescapable broken moves. They have enough going for them (there are two of them FFS), and I've seen some people do crazy tricks with them. Work on your mind games, and your smashes. I enjoy watching the icies doing a lot of the chain grabs between them, do you know why? Cause that takes more effort than mashing "A" over and over again.

It's just like if you get shined by fox you aren't guaranteed to die, if you get rested by jiggs... you aren't guaranteed to die. If you get wobbled by icies... you ARE guaranteed to die.
Like i said early, i dont know why people keep on bringing this up, but you clearly show what i was trying to illustrate to all of the people talking about this. Let the ics wobble and play smash.. If you get wrecked by them with wobblin than you know what, **** happens. If your going to wine about how it won some one the match, than just not play at all simple as that.

Anyways, is there going to be a stream today?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Like i said early, i dont know why people keep on bringing this up, but you clearly show what i was trying to illustrate to all of the people talking about this. Let the ics wobble and play smash.. If you get wrecked by them with wobblin than you know what, **** happens. If your going to wine about how it won some one the match, than just not play at all simple as that.

Anyways, is there going to be a stream today?
Probably top 16 only.

Foy

Smash Champion
Worst stream at a national, I have ever seen in my entire Brawl career. Really disappointed by the lack of planning for this.
Cry more, either you should've been there and helped out with it if you are that concerned, and if not its a national, Players first, viewers second. They still have a tournament to run and just because they dont have internet and need to use peoples 4g devices to stream shows that they are trying.

For real, quit *****ing and just love that a bomb *** national is going on.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Every one who is complaining needs to chill out a little. The internet at the venue messed up.a week before the event and the venue owners didn't fix it in time despite Sidefx constantly pushing them and calling them. Strong Bad was nice enough to let us Tether his 4g phone so we could at least do something. His data capped and we found another person with 4g. We're gonna do top 16 singles only so the second phone's data doesn't cap.

Ps: even though everyone should already know this, none if this is Vgbootcamp's fault. We live on the east coast and had nothing to do with the planning of this event. We were under the impression that the venue had internet. It stopped working a week before the event and we had already bought our tickets. So, we worked with what we were given.

GimR

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Cry more, either you should've been there and helped out with it if you are that concerned, and if not its a national, Players first, viewers second. They still have a tournament to run and just because they dont have internet and need to use peoples 4g devices to stream shows that they are trying.

For real, quit *****ing and just love that a bomb *** national is going on.
Honestly, you should probably just throw away your keyboard because you aren't typing anything worth reading.

I could live with there just not being a stream period for whatever reason. It's just pretty aggravating when there IS a stream when you're expecting something and the quality is actually good and then ...nothing. I was sitting there hoping it would work out and then all of these complications arrive. It's just disheartening.

Every one who is complaining needs to chill out a little. The internet at the venue messed up.a week before the event and the venue owners didn't fix it in time despite Sidefx constantly pushing them and calling them. Strong Bad was nice enough to let us Tether his 4g phone so we could at least do something. His data capped and we found another person with 4g. We're gonna do top 16 singles only so the second phone's data doesn't cap.

Ps: even though everyone should already know this, none if this is Vgbootcamp's fault. We live on the east coast and had nothing to do with the planning of this event. We were under the impression that the venue had internet. It stopped working a week before the event and we had already bought our tickets. So, we worked with what we were given.

GimR

I could live with the last part of your explanation. I hope it works out, but I'm sure you can understand why there are so many angry people right now.

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
agree players 1st and viewers 2nd, if u live in the US and u r not there u r dumb, its ur fault and u should have been there ... but for ppl of smash communities outside US the stream is everything. im from costa rica and we r suffering... im sure mexico canada sweden netherlands italy france UK and a ****load of countries would love to see the stream workin out. again i know its not ur fault but for the future think more about the ppl outside ur country and know that there are smashers outside the US and for those ppl a stream is important for big nationals.... i see most tourneys r really organized and im more than sure tat ppl at genesis r having a great time.. i just hope for the next tourneys u keep this in mind and realize that watching is the only option for some of us!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
agree players 1st and viewers 2nd, if u live in the US and u r not there u r dumb, its ur fault and u should have been there ... but for ppl of smash communities outside US the stream is everything. im from costa rica and we r suffering... im sure mexico canada sweden netherlands italy france UK and a ****load of countries would love to see the stream workin out. again i know its not ur fault but for the future think more about the ppl outside ur country and know that there are smashers outside the US and for those ppl a stream is important for big nationals.... i see most tourneys r really organized and im more than sure tat ppl at genesis r having a great time.. i just hope for the next tourneys u keep this in mind and realize that watching is the only option for some of us!
Traveling to California requires Flying that I cannot afford to do. It's not as expensive coming from out of country but it is still too much for me to do right no especially the fact that it requires multiple days off from work that most people can't afford to take off. I could've traveled to genesis with my crew but it would require us to all be fired and most likely homeless...aside from that everything u said is true.

EK

Smash Journeyman
So how far in the tournament are they, can someone post bracket or something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom