• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Is it just me or are you a bitter person? So you can call me an idiot, or any combination of asterisks so I can secretly wonder what exactly you called me, here is a definition of the word bitter as it pertains to your persona.

bit·ter
   /ˈbɪtər/ Show Spelled [bit-er] Show IPA adjective, -er, -est, noun, verb, adverb
adjective

characterized by intense antagonism or hostility: bitter hatred.
hard to admit or accept: a bitter lesson.
resentful or cynical: bitter words.

To cite my sources, as you so humbly requested early, this is taken from websters.com after I searched for the word bitter. Or in case that is too difficult a task for someone who feels that they are a higher class/cast/person than everyone else they ever encounter, here is a direct link for you.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bitter

Here is a list of synonyms for you as well in case the point wasn't quite made.

Main Entry: bitter
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: hostile, nasty
Synonyms: acrimonious, alienated, antagonistic, begrudging, biting, caustic, crabby, divided, embittered, estranged, fierce, freezing, hateful, intense, irreconcilable, morose, rancorous, resentful, sardonic, severe, sore, sour, stinging, sullen, virulent, vitriolic, with chip on shoulder
Antonyms: agreeable, content, genial, kind, nice, pleasant, sweet

This was taken from http://thesaurus.com/browse/bitter

Point I am trying to make: It's one thing to say you are more social in person and different on the boards because OTHERS (not yourself, God forbid) pick fights, or read impersonally, or whatever the excuse may be. But from what I understand, you are neither friendly on the boards nor are you in person. I believe that this stems from past experiences or the personal belief that you truly are better than everyone.

Anyways I humbly request that you change your attitude at the very least at this tourney lest we find you secluded in a corner crying to yourself because everyone else was mean and wouldn't give you a chance when, in fact, we give you several.

Feel free to comment on my stupidity, lack of melee skill, the fact that I support brawl despite not playing it, etc. We can play at the venue, hotel, or where ever you feel it will give you the least amount of reasons to john after I beat you.

On another note, only a couple more weeks!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!! :D

Axe hurry up and register! :p
Nah I'm pretty bitter right now for various reasons. I'm not going to insult you for making an accurate judgment of my character, but again, this is going to be a non-issue in person. The people who have met me can vouch that I am worlds more sociable outside of smashboards.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie...

Ruby Iris is a cool thing to say.
Just try saying it a few times to yourself slowly.

****ing 2 am is bad for me

darkatma

Smash Hero
I can vouch that you suck on youtube too :p
I'm sure you can't be bad in person.

Tai are you going to this? JesiahTEG said I reminded him of you lols.
edit: that probably just means we're both asian

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
whenever i see the word ruby

I think of Rathian Ruby, and Ruby Heart (from MvC2)...but suprisingly not pokemon

/nerd

tw1n

Smash Champion
Yo Cali players. Would anyone be willing to give me, my bro and 2 others a lift from the OAK airport or BART station to the Ramada? Gas money will be privided of course.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Sucking online makes wanting to talk to you in person very off putting.

If you know you suck online and are so proud of your IRL social skills, why not change your online persona (be it tone, word use, or topics) to match that of your offline one?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
****ing pieces of ****
hotel is fully booked
y'all can't tell me all y'all have preregged GET YOUR ***** GOING

sidefx

Smash Champion
People gonna look at this and I think they are much less likely to "Pre"-Register! Even with the increased price, everyone is just gonna pay in person! If the list for either game doesn't hit 150 by Thursday, then your hands just got much more full the night before the event!
might as well have high as **** late registration/randomly throw you in a pool entry on Thursday as well

I personally would love to be seeded correctly, which is why I registered. I also like not blowing money on registration, when there are much more important things to buy this weekend (possible shirts, in and out, party supplies, driver/BART/cab money, MMs, etc)

just sayin'

:diddy:

what he said.

sure you can pay at the hotel probably (not announced yet) but itll be at a higher price, and you wont be seeded for ****.

sidefx

Smash Champion
the ****ty thing about the procrastinators is that its also hurting the overall attendance due to the pre-reg numbers deterring away players who were iffy about going.

Ive had a few instances of that happening so im sure its a lot more widespread than i actually know about.

=(

baka4moé

Smash Champion
to be sure, as of now there are only 114 players registered for melee? or are there more and it just hasnt been updated (and if so, how many ppl are there)? thanks!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Thanks for the link SideFX. See you all in a few weeks!
Everyone needs to get off their ***** and register!

Browny

Smash Hater
Why are people still missing the part where the hotel is completely packed

You cant expect any less than 200...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I had a dream where there were 717 entrants for Melee at this within the past week. Make it happen imo

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Sucking online makes wanting to talk to you in person very off putting.

If you know you suck online and are so proud of your IRL social skills, why not change your online persona (be it tone, word use, or topics) to match that of your offline one?
I'm not proud of my irl social skills. I'm still a bot awkward and have difficulty handling myself.in some situations. The difference is that I'm a much more respectful person offline and have better delivery.

The reason why I don't change myself online is very long winded so you're probably not interested.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
My bracket with Polt at MLG was dumb lol.

Trela/UTD zac 1st round.

1st round losers dont remember
2nd round losers MikeHaze/Tyrant.

;_;
Didn't we beat a good team? Or was that at another MLG?

You go through this with pretty much every major that you go to. Perhaps you should start planning further ahead of time haha.
Yes, yes I should. It seems that all the good people are taken already. Again. :scared:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Me and him havnt teamed for a tourney since 2009 lol

He's looking for a teammate for this too actually cause I'm 100% sure he doesn't have one

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ey TOs I registered without putting a partner can you add him now? Poltergust

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, I can't register until later today lol. I won't forget to, though.

GDX, can you PM me your PayPal account, too? I still need to pay for the hotel room we're in.

sidefx

Smash Champion
would any1 be willing to pick me up from the sfo airport on fri june 15th in the afternoon?
SFO is roughly an hour and a half drive from the venue. There is a BART station underneath the airport that takes you within 5 min drive of the venue.

All of the info is located on the www.genesisdbr.com website. Please plan accordingly so you dont show up late to your pools because we wont be holding up the tournament for anyone.

(arriving to SFO in the afternoon on friday will guarantee you wont be playing in anything basically. The schedule is posted on the genesis website as well so take a look)

and just a reminder to everyone

PRE-REG WILL BE CLOSED IN 2 DAYS! http://www.genesisdbr.com/pre-registration/
JUNE 30TH IS THE LAST DAY TO BUY YOUR TICKETS!

Depending on how many entrants we have by thursday i will then decide if we need to reopen the pre-reg or not for those procrastinating slackers =) but if i do, it will be at an increased price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom