• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I was bored so I pre-regged lmao.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but is there any reason why there was an extra $4.89 fee?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
oh yeah, i need rooming @ the hotel.

anyone wanna take me in? got cash. & i'm pretty awesome. when you hear me talk, i'll blow your mind

sidefx

Smash Champion
I was bored so I pre-regged lmao.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but is there any reason why there was an extra $4.89 fee?
wepay.com charges a convenience fee. if we charged that fee to ourselves and took it out of the pot, we would be short a a bunch of money that we would have to reimburse out of our own pockets.

also

@ally

in the email i sent you (if you read carefully) i mentioned that if you have trouble paying it online then you can pay it in person (this only applies to the list of international pre-reg players i had prior to international payment system going up) but if you CAN pay online and are able to without any problems (credit card only) then please do so. it will make it a lot easier on me.

@ peter

im going to wait till tomorrow to decide whether or not im extending pre-reg. if i do im increasing venue fee by $5. then after that is done, registration will be taken at the hotel from our hotel room like last time on the 14th. and that will also see a $5 dollar increase in venue fee AND they wont be seeded.

we wont be taking any registration at the door for ****. we have no time.

=)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
sidefx, I'm prepared to pay for my pre-reg, but I dont have a partner. And, I'm not sure if something will happen between now and then. I'm already paying 100 dollars more on my plane ticket to get out there early enough to participate.
  • Will you be able to refund registration fee if I am not able to show up?
  • Will you be able to refund singles in the same event?
  • Can you refund my doubles registration if I can't find a partner to set in stone?

In any case, I plan on attending now! My grandmother was very supportive, and I had plans to come out earlier to CA anyways. :)

sidefx

Smash Champion
sidefx, I'm prepared to pay for my pre-reg, but I dont have a partner. And, I'm not sure if something will happen between now and then. I'm already paying 100 dollars more on my plane ticket to get out there early enough to participate.
  • Will you be able to refund registration fee if I am not able to show up?
  • Will you be able to refund singles in the same event?
  • Can you refund my doubles registration if I can't find a partner to set in stone?

In any case, I plan on attending now! My grandmother was very supportive, and I had plans to come out earlier to CA anyways. :)
I can give you a refund for specific events but only if they are made as separate transactions. If you buy the singles/teams/venue in one transaction i can only refund you the whole thing back at once. But if you are no sure yet of a team partner just make a separate transaction or just hold off on it until you make sure you have one.

but like i said if you cant show up i can refund you, and if you are not sure of a specific event make sure its on a separate transaction. the website wont let me refund partial purchases.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Okay, fine by me. Ill make the registration tomorrow combined with singles. And then later in the evening purchase doubles if I can.

Just want to make sure, I CAN register for doubles at a later time, right? (past pre-reg I mean)

sidefx

Smash Champion
oh i thought you meant like later in the day. Thursday is the last day to pre-reg though. Then depending on the numbers i might reopen it with a more expensive venue fee ($5 increase). But try and figure it out before thursday so you can pre-reg before the deadline.

Browny

Smash Hater
I would have thought a death-pool would have been a good incentive to make people pre-reg by the date.

Will that actually happen though? IDK where I got this idea.

Walt

Smash Ace
I would have thought a death-pool would have been a good incentive to make people pre-reg by the date.

Will that actually happen though? IDK where I got this idea.
I believe Germ and King said something along those lines in a video.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
oh yeah, i need rooming @ the hotel.

anyone wanna take me in? got cash. & i'm pretty awesome. when you hear me talk, i'll blow your mind
Me, Qlex and JD have a room, and we're looking for someone else to share it.
Also, we could save tou some time as we already know how awesome you are ;)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I just went ahead and put in my registration for singles and the ticket . . .

I hope to find out whether I can partner with someone or not. Hopefully by the deadline. But if not, how can I pay for it? Will you reopen doubles registration? My bad for being confusing.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I can give you a refund for specific events but only if they are made as separate transactions.
Well, too bad you didn't mention it (Or did I miss it?) earlier because a few days ago I pre-regged everything in one transcription... I hope I won't have problems then :)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Lol people posting awesome memories from Genesis.
That was my first OOS tourney. Right off the bat we met the Canadians at the Ramada.
Then we ran into the AZ peeps.
Then came magic tricks, boxing, melee and the greatest Grand Finals of all time!

Still to this day, the most fun I have ever had at a tournament.
Hey we agree with something: I've been saying that Genesis still has the best grandfinals to this day.

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
LOL!

It's all good man. If I used Klaw for Melee's Fox or something, I'd be wasting controllers like there's no tomorrow. LOL That's why I play Link and Ganon.

That being said, I'm down for melee friendlies whenever (if I'm not practicing Brawl because 3 rounds of pools as a Sonic player? jebus. I thought 10+ people in one pool where top 3 got out was hard).

[EDIT]

Hey guys! I've got an idea. For anyone who was at the first Genesis, let's build hype and pass the time by sharing stories of what took place there? Be it at the hotel or the venue itself, or whatever!

"You know who this guy is? Mutha fuggin' Taj man!"

That guy was one of my freaking hero in Melee. He, Kage, and Aniki were some of my favorite Melee players in that time. Awesome coincidence that I got to meet him and was randomly pulled in as some 'scrub' to chill with the cool people. So I played a match with him and his Mewtwo 4-stocked my Link. Awesome times. I wanna play him again this Genesis 2 if he's there.
That's a cool idea, I've got a couple good stories rom Genesis 1.

I totally agree about the taj/kage thing. I was hotel room browsing and came across Taj and Kage's. I didn't know who either of them were at the time because it was my first ever tournament. So Taj's mewtwo just wrecks me and I'm like. "You're mewtwo reminds me of Taj from youtube." He kinda looked at me funny and I was like..." :O oooh." But yea those two are some of the best/funniest people to smash with. Most pros just kind of **** you and it's like whatever *Cough*M2K*Cough* but they were a blast to hang with. (Taj is freakin taallll)

I also got to meet my luigi idol Eddy Mexico. I had never even heard of the guy before Genesis, I used to be a big Ka-master fan boy. So I'm just sitting there playing friendlies when this guy with a big smile and a heavy mexican accent sits down and says "I like your luigi" as he pulls out luigi at character select. He proceeded to tear my luigi up, I never thought luigi dittos could be so one-sided. We kept playing friendlies and he gave me tons of advice on stuff to do/not do. After that we were like "Your cool man, good luck in the tournament." I didn't think too much of him until later on during bracket, I saw that he was still in it and I was like "awesome" but I noticed that his next opponent was colbol. I was thinking "Welp, you had a good run man..." But I decided to go check it out and cheer him on, and holy **** dat luigi is too good. I'm definitely gonna meet up with you again at Genesis 2 Eddy :D

I don't think words could really describe the hype that was going on during some of the matches. You could watch youtube vids all day but unless you were there YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW how electric it was to have a ****ing mass of people watching a huge projector screen of pros gettin off. I gotta say though, even though the final singles matches were crazy hyped, and the crowd was going ape****, I think the biggest pops were during crews. (West vs. East.) There was just nothing but screaming yelling and cheering from both sides every step away the way. My personal fav was Hax vs. SS. Just that first stock, when they both clinked double Nairs, and they both just do crazy **** combos right off the bat. Everyone knew, this was for real, this is Genesis and these are 2 of the best falcons duking it out on final dest for Regional pride, and you could hear the crowd ****ting bricks whenever a knee was landed. (Also being west coast watching Jeff was priceless because everyone was all "Oh Jeff never goes out of state so he won't know how to play against east- ....oh...crap.) :)

Also Genesis is the ONLY place where playing Brawl is actually kinda tolerable. Haha no but for real Brawl players are really chill and cool and stuff. :)

A few other fun things to note. At one point at the hotels some of the guys were running from room to room yelling "KEN IS HERE KEN IS HERE!" and telling people to go to a made up room to see how many smashers they could troll into wandering around the hotel looking for said room :p

Also, beating someone in my pool with G&W.

Also, In and out burger.

Also, Twin magic tricks. :]

Also, seeing what some pros looked like in real life.

Also, Genesis 2. Hype.

MacD

Banned via Administration
I just went ahead and put in my registration for singles and the ticket . . .

I hope to find out whether I can partner with someone or not. Hopefully by the deadline. But if not, how can I pay for it? Will you reopen doubles registration? My bad for being confusing.
what he told you to do was register singles/venue together, then make another registration for just doubles

this way, if you don't find a doubles partner he can still refund you that money and you register before the end date

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
You wanna know whats my story from genesis 1?

You ready?

I wasn't there, instead I was sitting at my home near my computer waiting for updates.. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN.

heytallman

CTALL
You wanna know whats my story from genesis 1?

You ready?

I wasn't there, instead I was sitting at my home near my computer waiting for updates.. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AGAIN.
lol this was me at Genesis 1 as well!

Guys, I know this is kind of last minute, but would anyone team with me in Brawl? I use Snake, and am really comfortable with Lucas in teams, as crazy as that sounds.

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings