• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 :: ROUND 1 SINGLES POOLS ARE UP - GENESISDBR.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
The thing is with hotels like the ramada, if you don't show up then they still charge the card for the days missed.

So smashers better step it up!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Well what bothers me is that the hotel is already fully booked... but if you don't procrastinate to reserve a room, why WOULD you procrastinate to pre-register?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Browny better get ready for your free meal bro

Kinda crazy how this is alittle over 2 weeks away

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm excited for this... SO EXCITED! I ordered new controllers to make sure my Klaw style on the analog doesn't rip my older ones during this.

X is droppin' Sonic for Yoshi now it seems, so it looks like I better step things up and show West Coast how the Azure Blur does things. :cool:

--

MIKEHAZE!!!

I'm calling you out for this. $5 MM at the Smash hotel. And Chaz!! If you're coming to this, I want retribution from WHOBO 3. You didn't see the best of me there.

but first, Ally. priority money match missed from WHOBO 3. he's first

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Klaw style tearing up the analog?

Damn, Kuraudo. >_> I didn't know Sonic required so much techskill.

/obligatory Brawl joke

(I know you dabble in Melee, too. It's all in good fun.)

Smooth Criminal

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
LOL!

It's all good man. If I used Klaw for Melee's Fox or something, I'd be wasting controllers like there's no tomorrow. LOL That's why I play Link and Ganon.

That being said, I'm down for melee friendlies whenever (if I'm not practicing Brawl because 3 rounds of pools as a Sonic player? jebus. I thought 10+ people in one pool where top 3 got out was hard).

[EDIT]

Hey guys! I've got an idea. For anyone who was at the first Genesis, let's build hype and pass the time by sharing stories of what took place there? Be it at the hotel or the venue itself, or whatever!

The most memorable thing for me was a moment from Melee and then a moment from Brawl. I was wandering the hotel trying to find where the Sonics went off to when some people I didn't know just grabbed me and were like, "come with us man". Me thinking it was the Smash crowd, I was like, "Uhm...okay?" I get pulled into a dark room (I **** you not, this was getting weird at this point. buncha big black people bringing some white guy into a room), and I see someone familiar wrecking people with his Marth.

"You know who this guy is? Mutha fuggin' Taj man!"

That guy was one of my freaking hero in Melee. He, Kage, and Aniki were some of my favorite Melee players in that time. Awesome coincidence that I got to meet him and was randomly pulled in as some 'scrub' to chill with the cool people. So I played a match with him and his Mewtwo 4-stocked my Link. Awesome times. I wanna play him again this Genesis 2 if he's there.

--

Brawl story, how I met Ally. I had no idea what he looked like, and after chilling with SamuraiPanda and some of his group for a while playing some matches, I went into a random room and cleaned house with the players there until Panda comes in bringing some guy with him. "Hey, dude! Got a sec?" Tells me the guy that's with him doesn't have enough money to enter Genesis and was wondering if I would money match him for a $1 or something.

???: Don't worry. I'm not that good.
Me: Hey, no sweat! Guess I could help if he wins.

I extend my hand, "I'm Brandon; Kuraudo. You are?"

???: Ally.
Me: ................................................... Panda, you're an ***.

LOL I lost a $1 that day. Least it wasn't an outright 3-stock. More like 2-stock at low percent with me getting bodied, but still. Surprise surprise for me! There were a lot of people watching, which was kinda funny. Hype the rookie! Or...well, hype how **** Ally is. either or.

That, and playing on a laggy HDTV at the middle of the night with Mew2King, Double MKs against random people for about an hour. There's a lot of good memories here...

I only wish there were more Sonic players coming like last time. So far asides Browny and X (the former of which also uses Lucario, the latter now maining Yoshi), it looks like just me. Who else is going???

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah. Apparently in his state and by what others are saying, he hasn't been touching Sonic. Just using Yoshi. LOL Or "yosh" as X calls him.

We could all be getting trolled, but who knows.

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
DEAR NEPTUNE ALMIGHTY haha you got a way with words, Binary!

@Kuraudo: Yeah, man. Lotsa good memories at the first GENESIS. It was my first tournament, and I was pretty shy and didn't get to interact as much as I hoped, but that's all gonna change this time around! Here's to a bright future! Cheers. :)

MONEY MATCH??? :cool:
I wanna play as many people as possible and even make some new friends along the way! :) Plus, I haven't gotten the chance to play very many Sonics at all. HOW'S 'BOUT WE CHANGE THAT UP? :awesome: Whaddaya say?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I remember playing against M2K at TABASCO (a.k.a. "The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out," or "TGMTSBCO").

I walk over to the TV that M2K camped out at. He was sitting there, going through friendlies (and 4 stocking people) like a revolving door. I smile and nod at him; M2K blinks a little bit and stares at me with this flat, empty gaze.

M2K was mute.

"Awright. Let's do this. Mind if I get a match against you?" I asked him eagerly.

The King of the Mews kind of shrugged. It said "sure, why not?"

Not even Darkrain ***** me so hard. :( His Marth destroyed my Sheik.

Edit: That poem was hysterical. XD

Smooth Criminal

Zoap

Smash Master
Boback just attach an additional annoyance fee of $20 to everything(Venue, Singles and Doubles). Most people won't enjoy paying between $40-$60 extra just to be lazy. I got my card I'm gonna register tomorrow night :)

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
I remember playing against M2K at TABASCO (a.k.a. "The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out," or "TGMTSBCO").

I walk over to the TV that M2K camped out at. He was sitting there, going through friendlies (and 4 stocking people) like a revolving door. I smile and nod at him; M2K blinks a little bit and stares at me with this flat, empty gaze.

M2K was mute.

"Awright. Let's do this. Mind if I get a match against you?" I asked him eagerly.

The King of the Mews kind of shrugged. It said "sure, why not?"

Not even Darkrain ***** me so hard. :( His Marth destroyed my Sheik.

Edit: That poem was hysterical. XD

Smooth Criminal
I feel your pain, haha. I had the fortune of fighting him in my first tournament Doubles Set EVER at the first GENESIS. Man, I thought I was hot stuff at this game! Boy, did I learn. o.o

Dude, we all oughta get together and talk about our Smash memories at G2. Great bonding time and it's a way to bring us all together and make us feel like a true family! :)

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Australians <3
Melee
Watching Melee
EddyMexico's Luigi
Playing Melee with the French
Axe's Pika
Prosu Burgers
The Genesis bus from SoCal
Skip and Melissa, the famous hippies
Milktea running around
7-11 runs with DMG at 4am
DBR party suite
Solving a Rubik's cube while stoned
Mexico+Australia Brawl crew (and all our fans)
Ajax and his cigars

So much good stuff from the 1st Genesis.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Rooming at Genesis 2

I'm gonna try posting this here before making my own post in the tourney discussion section.

As I said before, I couldn't get the rooms I wanted before, but the people at the Ramada offered me one that was even better than any of the ones listed for a good price.

$87 a night for a King sized bed and a sofa bed. We have two TVs and I'm assuming this also includes the kitchen and everything else that makes it probably the best suite at the hotel. It originally would have cost $107 a night, but I got a good deal out of them. Originally, we had 4 people in our room.

- Kuraudo (myself)
- KillLock
- Alphicans
- Crusayer

Right now though, KillLock is bailing out on the room to stay with some of our other peeps from AB because he happens to be staying longer. We were hoping to get at least 5 people into our room to cut down the cost. 4 people would have bed rights (two sharing the bed and two sharing the sofa bed) while the rest would have to take claim to floor space.

WE NEED PEOPLE WHO NEED A PLACE TO STAY TO PM ME WITH THEIR INTEREST. From the 14th to the 18th is when we'd be staying, and with 4 people at minimum you would be paying me $87 upfront, unless we get 5 or 6 people in the room that are officially confirmed (I can give whoever's interested an estimate cost of how much to pay then once it's finalized.)

For those of you that missed out on reserving a room, this is a golden opportunity to get some good space in one of the best rooms the Smash Hotel has to offer! I tried contacting X about this beforehand but haven't heard a response.

There's one more spot for bed space and the other two (6 is a good number without overcrowding) would have plenty of floor space. I may still ask around with some people I know, but I'm throwing this out there now before it's too late.

[EDIT]

@ -QuesoKirby-

Sounds good to me. You're on! $1 or $2 or whatever? I'll take you on in some Melee too if you're down. I'm not entering, but I still love me some good ol' Hero of Time.

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure yer makin' a lotta people happy with this post, haha. Ya done good, Kuraudo, ya done good.

EDIT: Haha, just call me Queso! :p IF WE GONNA MONEY MATCH WE GONNA DO IT RIGHT! GIMME A LINCOLN BRO WE GOIN' ALL THE WAY!!! >:D My :kirby2: your :sonic: best-of-5-style (if yer up for it :p)! Oh I'm ready to throw down, I never back off from a challenge! Melee sounds good too, haha. I'ma put my money where my moustache is and go for another 5 Washingtons, whaddaya say? Your :link2:, my :mario2:, classic!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol people posting awesome memories from Genesis.
That was my first OOS tourney. Right off the bat we met the Canadians at the Ramada.
Then we ran into the AZ peeps.
Then came magic tricks, boxing, melee and the greatest Grand Finals of all time!

Still to this day, the most fun I have ever had at a tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom