• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR presents: Evolution *LINKS ON THE FIRST PAGE*

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
sidefx said:
its the same in every other thing you do to try and get good.. practice.
i think it's time the truth comes out...
DBR are machines... they are emotionless robots who were created to entertain noobs and pros alike...

lol how the hell do you think they got so good? pixie dust?

go play... alot... againt good people.... now.. omg stop reading this... why aren't you playing yet!? omg still reading? well **** i can't help you then.... omg stop reading this and go play! the secret to sucess is to play alot... forget all your dreams and your life and play till your fingers are nubs.... lol kj, but really, stop reading this and go practice.... you should read the charater specifics and go watch vid and try the stuff yourself... **** it you're still readin this... get opff my nuts!
go play and practice

The GERM

Smash Ace
Thomaz said:
Ok, first off, I loved the vid. I don't think it's the best combo vid ever, but you're probably not going for that anyway. ^.^

I agree with what a few people have said here, you're supposed to kill people with edgeguarding, not bring them back. But it appears it's all about flashyness, then, it's good. ^_^

Also, for some of the combo's, they only work because the opponent 'tries' to jump out to soon and can't so the combo continues. If you'd actually wait a bit longer with jumping out of it, you can avoid the finisher. I've learned that the hard way. :p

And no offense, but do you people ever Meteor Cancel? X)

Anyway, there were a few nice things I picked up thanks to vid so I'm not complaining. Good vid, go DBR. <3
Ok, you're about the 80th person I have to explain this to in the last year, let me explain this to you now. You say, "for some of the combo's, they only work because the opponent 'tries' to jump out to soon", ok, our combos have a lot to due with our ability to punish, If you jump out to soon, we'll catch it, if you DI the wrong way, we'll catch it. To us, catching a mistake and capatalizing is just as important as DIing the right way or getting clean out of combos.

than you said, "And no offense, but do you people ever Meteor Cancel?". First of all, we didn't pick up this effin' game yesterday, we can meteor cancel just as good as anyone else if not better, but why the h3ll what I put a meteor cancelled spike in a combo video? There's been tons of nice combos from Clod and Nasty that end in a meteor cancelled spike and the opponent gets back, but for that same reason, I don't put it on the combo video because to me, it stops the flow of the video. When we get spiked in the video, it simply means that we timed it wrong and either press up+b to early, or too late.

I hope yurr enlightened.

Aiser

Smash Lord
People don't seem to know what a combo video is, Combo videos never show skill they're for entertainment and a "wow" effect. =\

on a side note, this was entertaining to watch, and lol @ zel waveshining peach so hard she turned into ganon. >_>

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
The GERM said:
With the live intros, people either like it or they don't. Some people say things like, "It's good to finally put a face to the player and see a bit of DBR's personality". And some people say things like, "The live intros were stupid and quite rude, I didn't see how it added to the video". All in all, we just thought it would be a good idea to do something a little different from our old videos and show how smash can bring such diverse people together.
I agree...It's good to see good smashers have a human character shown; I think it helps some people appreciate how good the playing really is. I though it was really funny how you guys kept bugging Hella to show his DBR thing, and how you were sitting with a drink saying "THIS is the way to play smash", and Bob$ dancing, and so on. Although some weren't as well done.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
This was a really nice video :D:D:D Best smash vid ever made BY far i guess germs word of how this video will put all other DBR videos to shame came true :p..Oh and Germ i have a question for u that id like to ask...As a really nice Link player do u actually use him aginst other fox's and falcos in tounries? and ive noticed that in ur clip there were only like 2 scenes of u comboeing DSF's shiek.. do u actually use link aginst shiek? if so what would u suggest to do aginst them?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well, it's link on sheik, it's one of link's worst match-ups (if not his worst) and he's playing the best sheik in the US and the 2nd best (i think) sheik in the world, of course his link isn't gonna have a lot of good combo's on such an amazing sheik

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed it very much. Germ's game to me is the only one that stood out the most though. Extremely hardcore asswhooping. Also, on Shined Blind Zelgadis looks Asian at the end of the video where they show his face edited to look evil or whatever. But on this Revolution video he looks white >.> I dunno.

The King

Smash Ace
There are no less than 6 Falcos in DBR. DSF, Germ, Zelgadis and Bob$ play him rather well, and Hella and I are still getting used to his tech demands and mindgames/movements and such, but have experience with him. You never know, dbr might even release a combo vid of Falco. Some day.

King Out

Zack353

Smash Ace
It's really too bad there's no Roy players in DBR. I have yet to see a Roy Combo vid and having DBR make one would be sweet :p.

Not to mention his awesome top tierness and phir3...

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
this thing is huge

combo are crazy
vid is nice
music is perfect

good job

i love the first music when germ playing
can I have the title ?

Thomaz

Smash Lord
The GERM said:
Ok, you're about the 80th person I have to explain this to in the last year, let me explain this to you now. You say, "for some of the combo's, they only work because the opponent 'tries' to jump out to soon", ok, our combos have a lot to due with our ability to punish, If you jump out to soon, we'll catch it, if you DI the wrong way, we'll catch it. To us, catching a mistake and capatalizing is just as important as DIing the right way or getting clean out of combos.

than you said, "And no offense, but do you people ever Meteor Cancel?". First of all, we didn't pick up this effin' game yesterday, we can meteor cancel just as good as anyone else if not better, but why the h3ll what I put a meteor cancelled spike in a combo video? There's been tons of nice combos from Clod and Nasty that end in a meteor cancelled spike and the opponent gets back, but for that same reason, I don't put it on the combo video because to me, it stops the flow of the video. When we get spiked in the video, it simply means that we timed it wrong and either press up+b to early, or too late.

I hope yurr enlightened.
Heh, don't worry, I already figured it was like this. I didn't mean any harm, I was just pointing something out. ;]

D1

Banned via Administration
Lol u mean McWii *wink* ;) lol j/k

I wonder if there'll ever be a vid that could top DBR's Evolution...*thinks hard*...hmm...

...seems tough to see if there'll ever be a combo vid as good as this.

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

huh ? oh what? Sorry, I fell asleep and dreamed I was watching an absurdly long and repetitive video. If you ever make another, maybe make it.... a bit shorter. Even if it means cutting out awesome combos like Fox's 100% usmash... to waiting... to bair.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
vjgyo said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

huh ? oh what? Sorry, I fell asleep and dreamed I was watching an absurdly long and repetitive video. If you ever make another, maybe make it.... a bit shorter. Even if it means cutting out awesome combos like Fox's 100% usmash... to waiting... to bair.
I agree completely. It didn't deserve the hype it got and doesn't seem like it was six months worth of work. Mine took me one night and fit the song very nicely. The coolest part was the fox waveshining to the beat of the song. Unfortunately, the song was bad.

[GMC]C2

Smash Journeyman
vjgyo said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wow, you have no idea how repetetive they could've made it.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
some ppl just care to much about the combo video music...the music isnt what makes the video good... its the combos and DBR decided to put diffrent types of songs in the video not just 1 type of song like rock or some **** they decided to put various songs to MAKE it interesting

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
SkyWiink said:
This video is taking like 6 hours to download, no wonder it took 6 months.
:/ Maybe if you spent more time looking at the stickies, and less time spamming threads with "OMFG T00K M3 E13Venty- 7 Hours LAWL" and more time looking atthe stickies on the forum
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=60043
then you would be able to see that you can watch it right away without waiting...
In the world of smash.... Ignorance is not bliss.

you know... the video can be split up.... just better all at once...

unless it's too much for your brain to take in that is.

Top Bottom