• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DBR presents: Evolution *LINKS ON THE FIRST PAGE*

MBZ

Smash Cadet
The GERM said:
oh ok, that's effin' awesome, I didn't mean you couldn't sell em' or anything, I just thought you were gonna try to sell them for like 10-15 bux each, no more than 5 would be fine i guess, dvd-roms are expensive. But yeah man, ummm, when I fix the audio on the 800mb file of evolution, I'll send it to you. I've been working on this non-stop for like 6 months so i kinda want to take a break from it all.
Yea thx man, no problem.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
German, since you are gonna give him a better quality one, can you get me one too? like the uncompressed one, i would like to upload that to google so you get the best quality possible.

also, i tried calling you and i think you turned off your phone. lol
oh well.
remember... i have your anti-virus!

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Velocity2985 said:
I dl it mainly to watch bob money's doc but everyone in the video was anything less then amazing
Um...try looking at that last part...lol.

Nite

Smash Champion
Saw it today, and I'll say very nice job guys. Good **** that your doing, keep it up. I will look forward for DBR combo vids on the Wii.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Awsome comboes. Considering the time frame you did it in, it was amazing!
Favorite part: Zel shinespiking at the very start on Pokemon stadium.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
This and The Hylian Nightmare are what made me remember why I chose Link in the first place. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into these videos.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
/completely impressed

BTW

Did anyone notice in one of the Germ's songs, that Damon Waynes was rapping.

Go back in listen, omg.

D1

Banned via Administration
WTF I liked everyone's part since the vid wasn't supposed to highlight one person over the other...but show the crew as a whole and how they evolved as smashers. I say its a **** good vid propz to Germ and Sidefx w/ producing the vid. *shakes fist @ King* for not gettin a special thanks for me @ coaxing WJ to put DBR's new trailer for Evolution as the main topic...lol next time I won't say sh** >: P. lol its all love tho

The thing I liked most was basically the originality of each of you guys Hella w/ the Parasol combos w/ Peach, King for bein gangsta enuff to show that Jiggz has way more than rest in her arsenal to kick serious rump, for Bob$ showin that Doc doesn't need to pill spam to win, DSF showin that Shiek isn't all about chaingrabs to high %s, Germ for provin that Link isn't as trash as ppl say he really is, Zel for pushing an already broke character to his limits good sh**, MikeNasty for tryin to show HugS ain't the only *** that could play Samus in the WC, Clod-Zero w/ the sick Knee combos only thing I really wanted to see was at least one Falcon Punch combo but its aight...

...only one thing was missing...

...where was Sidefx's part?!!!

LOL j/k of course he had a part in it, anyway all jokes aside I loved the vid and the work you gusy put into the vid really showed in the end product.

*looks @ Masterwumpus and NJ'finest TAKE NOTES GUYS!!! XD*

:yoshi:

ProsmasherTim

Smash Journeyman
keep on training with me^^ than you'll be better than Germ in a few days xD >>>EXTRA BIG ROFL<<<

no no... maybe we'll be as good as the DBR guys if we'll training a lot, maybe in 3 years or something lol

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
Honestly i was a lil disapointed with the C. Falcon(Knee combos and spikes), Jiggs(wall of pain) and Fox (mostly shining) parts. They were basically the same things we already see in other vids. I was expecting Capt. falcon to atleast catch someone off the edge with a Falcon Punch (Like jump across the level and hit them with it while theyre almsot off screen).

Even my friends that saw the vids said DBR did everything most of us do or that we see. Link, Peach, and Doc were pretty nice vids tho. I dunno, just not all what i was hoping. Its a good vid, but ehh

I know im prolly gonna get flamed but w/e

Urulok

Smash Apprentice
I have seen the vid 12392849389855... but xDDD I dont understand ¿ How you move so rapidly ? I try it... but... I do not obtain it... How I can do it? help me please :(:(:(:(

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
The following is my opinion, which I'm entitled to, so I don't want any DBR fanboys flaming me. Feel free to disagree, but please respect my opinion.

I find it strange that there are over 450 replies and only one person has pointed out any of the flaws in this video. Well, not that strange I suppose. Still, somebody needs to talk about both the good and the bad of this video. I'll start with my thoughts on each section and then on the other aspects of the video.
Bob$ - My favorite section of the video. Great music, lots of great combos, some very nice editing and grouping effects (i.e., splicing clips of different opponents together seamlessly, grouping throw to fair combos, etc.). I liked the way you cut out quickly after the bair edgeguarding, it gave it a sense of inevitability, like "get hit with one, you know what's going to happen." Some focus on flash, but most of the clips were quality combos.
Clod Zero - I was surprised with the diversity in the clips. This was the biggest problem I had with Death From Above (too similar combos), even though I realize that that is mostly because of how Falcon plays. However, in this video, I didn't have that problem at all. Pretty good music, it fit the pace nicely. The clip at 9:56 is one of my favorites because it shows the opponent avoiding an edgeguard combo instead of blindly jumping into it, which seems to be the case a lot. Another good section of the video.
Mike Nasty - Mike is a perfect example of why so many people like DBR and so many people don't like DBR (yes, there are a lot of those people out there). I don't know how anybody could not enjoy watching his section of the video; it is so cool to watch his crazy bomb combos and unique play style. However, almost all of his section was just flash. Bomb edgeguarding looks awesome, but it is a bad idea to do it in a real match. This section also had the largest amount of 1 and 2 hit combos. From an entertainment standpoint, I love his Samus and his section, but there wasn't too much here in terms of quality combos. The wavedashed jabs at 13:44 were great. Music was pretty good.
Hella - The first song was really annoying, the second was good. Hella has a pretty good Peach, I found the double parasols and turnip throw aerial turn arounds interesting. They are very cool to watch, but seem limited in actual use. Still cool though. It seemed like a switch flipped at the beginning of this section and suddenly no opponent could sweetspot the edge.
The King - Good music, good combos. It seemed like Rollout had better combos, but since you made that first and didn't even plan on making this section that's understandable. The combos in this one also seemed to be more flashy while Rollout was very focused and tight. For example, in this one, you kept the off-stage edgeguarding going longer than was really needed and saved your opponent several times in order to keep hitting him. I was more impressed by the efficient comoing and well-timed edgehogging in Rollout, but this was still fun to watch.
DSF - The music was decent. The combos were very good and very well executed. The edgeguarding was nice too, but I wish you wouldn't save people when they are about to die. I also wish your section had been longer; I think the best player in DBR deserves more than 2:40, but I guess if that's all the footage you had then you work with what you've got.
The GERM - Good stuff. Some interesting bomb tricks, like putting it on the ledge and turning around in the air. The first song was okay, the second was awful. Not too much to say about this section; you have a good Link that moves fast and combos well.
Zelgadis - Definitely a big improvent in skill over Shined Blind, and you were good in Shined Blind. You still play a flashy Fox, but is has gotten much better and plays smarter (usually). 41:10 was one of my favorite clips. Music was okay.

Now, for the other aspects of the video. The live action stuff was horrible. None of it was funny to me at all. That was my largest complaint about the video. It was so annoying. The visual effects on each person's name were outstanding. I really like sidefx's work, he is very good at what he does. The intro and credits were well done, and I liked the dedication, it was very tastefully done. Releasing all of the videos together is an interesting concept and is cool the first time you watch it, but releasing all of them individually (and in high res) would be much, much more enjoyable, and I hope you do so (eventually; I know you don't want to work on it now).

Overall, it was pretty good. It had that same DBR feel; the one that makes you think "that was so cool; it's too bad that a lot of those combos aren't actually good ideas." In terms of entertainment, the only bad parts were the live action stuff, some of the music, and the fact that it was so long. Everything else was lots of fun to watch, even though I didn't come away with a lot of new ideas for practical combos. Game play was much better than the previous vids but isn't quite where I hoped it would be.

I am glad that you made it and I hope you release each video on its own without the live action crap. Kudos to anybody who actually reads my whole post and double kudos if DBR can take constructive criticism well.

Urulok

Smash Apprentice
I have seen the vid 12392849389855... but xDDD I dont understand ¿ How you move so rapidly ? I try it... but... I do not obtain it... How I can do it? help me please :(:(:(:( I need to help already

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sidefx, you're intro animations are awesome. Do you take commissions? We need to talk on AIM.

Hella

Smash Apprentice
To reply to masterwumpus:

It may annoy you that many of our combos don't seem all that "smart" or "practical" but, thats one of the main reasons most of those combos ended up in the vid.

I have tons of combos where I've thrown someone off the edge and edgeguarded them with back airs over and over till they died. But, thats boring as hell, everyone has seen that. If you watch all of us play in tournaments, we play a lot differently. We don't take a lot of the risks we do in the vid. You won't see one of us go out and save Ken if he was trying to come back only to try to KO him in an even more gaudy way. Most of these are taken from friendly matches, so the video has lots of flash. Neat tricks that you wouldn't necisarily want to use in a tournament match. Although I still try to pull off parasol combos in a tournament every once in a while, to keep the fight interesting not only for the people watching, but for myself. At FC3 I was soooo angry at all the cheap-*** peaches I saw there. It made me wanna quit peach. First I just straight-up changed my main to Pikachu. Then I went back to peach but refused to downsmash, let alone chaingrab. I didn't want to, cause peach players get no respect cause of those moves, mainly. I eventually started using those tactics in tournaments, but I refuse to chaingrab or downsmash-spam in friendlies. Actually, I throw all stitch-turnips off the ledge. Thats why you only see one combo where I actually use it. Sorry, I'm rambling. But yeah. Your opinion won't change, I'm sure, but I just wanted to make it clear that we weren't really trying to make a video showing how cheap we could be. We made it about our ability to pull off combos most people didn't know about. Neat tricks we use to keep the game entertaining. Not to say a game where people run away and camp or watching a peach downsmash into another downsmash combo isn't entertianing. It's just "not-as." As amazing as Ken's fox is (with the accuracy of moves and mind games)... ...he can't pull off a lot of the combos Zel can. And thats why we made this vid...

...in my opinion. Hahahaha!

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Good job guys, very entertaining stuff. I think Mike's the most improved since the old vids. Your Samoose is too fast, mangz. Of course Trebor's even nastier than ever. Love the ws'ing clips of Pika and Marth on Dreamland, techinically shutterful. On the down side, as has been mentioned, there were quite a few spots that could have been of better quality. Namely some after-imaging, and a few flashes here and there. I think Clod's was the worst as far as quality goes. But as bad as anything got, you could always make out the moves clearly enough. I'll definitely be waiting for the higher res version. Until then, good **** again, keep it up...

masterwumpus

Smash Journeyman
Hella, that was very well put. I appreciate your well thought out response.

I understand what you're saying, and I understand why you guys made the video that way. I honestly do like watching the flashy stuff. Personally, I would have liked a better balance between tourney and casual combos, because I'm sure you all do play tighter in serious matches. But your post helps me understand why you did it the way you did.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i gained more respect for hella. hella is the best peach yo.who else refuses to chaingrab or downsmash-spam in friendlies? let alone throw away perfectly good stitch-turnips? only hella yo.

Top Bottom