• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack Cancelling (All Chars?)

IC3R

Smash Lord
I know that certain characters have Dash Attack Cancel options (Snake's Mortar Slide, Falco's Gatling Combo, etc.), but I was curious if every character can do this, but the timing is just weird...

Example: Can Ike cancel his Dash Attack into a Reversed U-Smash, so he slides across the stage creating a humongous hitbox?

I simply want to know all the characters that can do a DAC. I can't find any detailed threads on the subject, and the Search feature doesn't seem to be working for me at the time...

Can anyone provide? :(

ö&ö&ö&ö

Smash Cadet
Yeah, DAC isn't very significant for most characters. Most pages you'll find on DAC will talk about the characters who do it well: Jigglypuff, Sheik, Link, Wario, Snake, Falco and Wolf.

IC3R

Smash Lord
So are those the only one's who actually make use of it?

(I'm actually more interested in Kirby's options lol)

SSD

Smash Journeyman
From what I know, everyone can do it, it's just that most:
a. don't get any distance out of it
b. get more distance from their hyphen smash
c. have a bad upsmash
d. any combination of the above

Sharky

Smash Master
sonic is another one that can do it lol

Also, I don't know if anyone else has it the same, but Yoshi doesn't move at all when he does his DACUS. He stops in his tracks, in fact. Weird.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yoshi's DACUS sounds like Falco's Gatling Combo, where he hits with the Dash Attack and cancels into his U-Smash, getting both hits in a fraction of a second. Useful for Yoshi?

Okay, so I have a small list of characters with "good" DACs, but I still don't know the timing, and scanning through the guides and neighboring threads are not helpful >_>

IDK, maybe I just missed them :ohwell:

brinboy789

Smash Champion
everyone can DACUS? are you sure? i've NEVER seen a MK use DACUS before...well usmash sucks but i've never seen a MK use DACUS...i've tried too, pretty sure MK cant DACUS.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
everyone can DACUS? are you sure? i've NEVER seen a MK use DACUS before...well usmash sucks but i've never seen a MK use DACUS...i've tried too, pretty sure MK cant DACUS.
Timing is different for every character, so that would be why it didn't work.
Not gonna ever see it used because it sucks in terms of distance :p

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure not all characters have DACs. Some characters like Ike have DACs that stop momentum instead of getting a boost like Snake.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Example: Can Ike cancel his Dash Attack into a Reversed U-Smash, so he slides across the stage creating a humongous hitbox?
That's a Reversed Hyphen Smash, not a DAC or DACUS. Basically it's only useful if you have Tap Jump on and to trick your opponents into thinking you're going to use a dash attack or Hyphen Smash which by that time they should have already dropped their shield or returned out of their spot dodge.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sonic's DAC is useless. >_>

IIRC, Ike can DAC too but, his is even more useless.
Uair~DACUS
or Dthrow~DACUS

While it isn't extremely useful like Snake or Fox's its not useless. Though we're probably taling different definitions.

Sonic can but his boost is small but noticeable. However, he goes so far its less improtant.
I am confused, it goes small but it goes far?
Or o you mean that the attack itelf doesn't get boosted much but that his movement is far.

Sharky

Smash Master
Yoshi's DACUS sounds like Falco's Gatling Combo, where he hits with the Dash Attack and cancels into his U-Smash, getting both hits in a fraction of a second. Useful for Yoshi?
Nope. Yoshi has no gatling combo. DACUS is useless, unless for some reason you want to usmash from a dash without sliding.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i think everyone can do it but u get the best results from : snake, wolf, link, falco, wario, i guess squirtle can count, and maybe shiek.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ah, well. Would've been awesome to see Ike U-Smashing across Battlefield to hit someone on the other side.

Anyways, everyone, thanks for the info.

Grab an item and DACIT then hit c stick up. Voila Ike has now slide the entire stage doing usmash.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure not all characters have DACs. Some characters like Ike have DACs that stop momentum instead of getting a boost like Snake.
That doesn't mean they don't have a dash attack cancel. The name describes what happens. The characters opens a dash attack, but it cancels into the Up Smash. Some characters will get a boost because their dash attack quickly increases their movement speed, while others actually decelerate or stay the same, cause the distance to be small or virtually none. They're still DACing, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Grab an item and DACIT then hit c stick up. Voila Ike has now slide the entire stage doing usmash.
And it will only hit if they're:
1) Idiots
2) People who suck at Smash
3) Idiots who suck at Smash
4) Lagging from, I don't know, some of the game's slowest moves

If none of the above is true, you'll most probably get punished.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Every character can DAC. It's just useless for most. Timing is different for each.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
what makes a good dacus. like snakes and falcos cuz of their dash attack but mks ginormous dash attack should let him do a sexy sliding upsmash yet its worse then just dashing > upsmash

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
Yeah, DAC isn't very significant for most characters. Most pages you'll find on DAC will talk about the characters who do it well: Jigglypuff, Sheik, Link, Wario, Snake, Falco and Wolf.
luigi does it really good too i dont think its that hard

and i think snake, link, wario, and wolf are the ones who get the most benefit out of this (because of their u-smash)

Kaiasian

Smash Cadet
So for characters that's DAC doesn't do much, would it be better just to do a sliding usmash?

Wylde

Smash Cadet
Anyone can dacus, its just that:

Some timings are harder.
Some dacus are useless.

/endthread

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Sonic has a really far Dacus that goes further than his hyphen smash, people still don't care because his hyphen smash is easier and goes almost the same distance.

Top Bottom