• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrain is now the best Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ive only seen the guy in ditto vids.
I dont rlly tune into melee as much nowadays.
But he does have a pretty neato falcon, which i would like 2 hear more about...

Windrose

Smash Lord
Can anyone link me to the falcon tourney videos from pound 4? I can only find a few of them.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
here's some history for you:

Darkrain: I've been the best since 2004.

Bottom line: this "best falcon" conversation has been happening since 2003, and it's always been between darkrain and some other guy (isai, jiano, g-reg), and no matter how many people cover their ears and say LALALA, it won't stop being true that he is and has always been the best.
I'll just leave this here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_kmEq9itWU

And yeah, Darkrain is the best now. SS is definitely inter-changeable on matchup though. But all-in-all, current, Darkrain imo.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
here's some history for you:

Scar: I'm going to be the best soon (2007). I'm going to be the best soon (2010).

Hax: I'M TEH BEST WHEN I PLAY GUD. Still has yet to "play gud."

SS: I don't care whether you think I'm the best or not, I'm a good player and my fanboys are ********. I beat my friends most of the time and just recently started doing well at national tournaments but not enough to be convincing. Commentators say I'm good and start screaming when I do run-of-the-mill techchasing so it tricks stupid people into thinking I'm the best.

Darkrain: I've been the best since 2004. I've developed and carried the falcon metagame for the past half decade and am still placing higher and more consistently than the other 3 falcons. At the most recent tournament, I beat all the Falcons easily and convincingly in a Falcon tournament. I also don't care what you think, I've made about as many posts since 2003 as scar does before lunch, most of them being my girlfriend posting on my account. I alone am the one that made Falcon into the combo machine that people see him to be today. I am the most aggressive player in the history of melee. I have maintained to be the best in a region with almost no competitive melee scene. I pretty much payed my way through college with my winnings from Melee. I currently am being compared in a worthless thread filled with people that lose sight of what playing falcon is about: having fun and not caring whether you are good or not, seeing your friends at tourneys and doing cool things with a ****ty character.

Bottom line: this "best falcon" conversation has been happening since 2003, and it's always been between darkrain and some other guy (isai, jiano, g-reg), and no matter how many people cover their ears and say LALALA, it won't stop being true that he is and has always been the best.
First of all you can't declare YOURSELF to be the best....

Second WHO THE **** ARE YOU?

Animal

Smash Lord
First of all you can't declare YOURSELF to be the best....

Second WHO THE **** ARE YOU?
ya i completly agree that was 1. hypocritical, 2. u were not better than isai get over it, 3, im pretty sure hax placed just as high as you at pound. What an arrogant statement

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't think that was Darkrain that posted that fellas. Just a troll.
He wasn't trolling nor was he Darkrain. He was using the first person to write from the perspective of each of the Falcons and show their credentials from his point of view. That's why he also speaks in the first person when referring to Scar, Hax, and Silent Spectre. It's a writing technique.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
He wasn't trolling nor was he Darkrain. He was using the first person to write from the perspective of each of the Falcons and show their credentials from his point of view. That's why he also speaks in the first person when referring to Scar, Hax, and Silent Spectre. It's a writing technique.
bingo, hello folks, he said I in everyones lines, so it wasn't darkrain, nor was it SS, nor was it Hax, nor Scar.

Also, this argument is silly cause im obviously the best falcon.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^
1. That's m2k, one of the top players in the world.
2. That's Sheik, one of Falcon's worst matchups.
3. That's M2k's Sheik versus a Falcon.
4. Everyone plays badly at times. I've gotten threestocked by people that I'm better than. Sometimes people just play badly. It happens.

It's really easy for people to criticize top players, but it just does nothing. You can't take a look at one match and say someone's bad, especially when you're definitely not better than them. If you want to compare one person to another, fine. But if you're not better than someone, you're definitely not allowed to take one match and make a judgment on the whole about them.

TPFvyse

Smash Rookie
i thought the whole point of this was a critique of the best Falcon players. excuse me for not thinking Darkrain is the best thing since sliced bread.

TPFvyse

Smash Rookie
yes clearly before I joined this site, I had no idea what went on in the Melee world....how stupid of me :/

Animal

Smash Lord
dont take this the wrong way, not denying his amazingness, but i do think he is one of the more overrated players. Looking back on him. Although, what he did for the falcon game makes up for it. Im not convinced Darkrain is the best yet. Idk what makes him so good, its weird.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
i thought the whole point of this was a critique of the best Falcon players. excuse me for not thinking Darkrain is the best thing since sliced bread.
The whole point of this thread was not to critique anyone. Someone was just hyped that Darkrain beat all the other top Falcons. Note: Darkrain beat all the other top Falcons in a tournament. This was never meant to be a critique thread. And sliced bread is the best thing since Darkrain. Yes.

how2smashbrothers

Smash Apprentice
He then proceeded to once again not be the highest placing Falcon player at the tournament. At least he beat Scar this time.
Double Elimination Brackets are only really useful to see maybe the top 4-5 or so. SS just happened to face Zhu in a later bracket than Darkrain did. So Darkrain lost earlier.

Placing isn't relevant when they're that close because it's just a matter of matchups at that point.

I don't think your statement is fair at all.

Animal

Smash Lord
Agreed, but then you cant possibly say that Darkrain is the best. It wouldnt make sense

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Double Elimination Brackets are only really useful to see maybe the top 4-5 or so. SS just happened to face Zhu in a later bracket than Darkrain did. So Darkrain lost earlier.

Placing isn't relevant when they're that close because it's just a matter of matchups at that point.

I don't think your statement is fair at all.
This is a thread that apparently thinks that a series of Dittos prove anything whatsoever, fair statements got thrown out the window with the first post.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Agreed, but then you cant possibly say that Darkrain is the best. It wouldnt make sense
Darkrain has the best Tournament record (regional/national/international) of any falcon main ever not named ISAI :/

whats up with people and not knowing their smash history?

Animal

Smash Lord
ya hes a veteran. But thats like saying that PC Chris has the most tourny wins as fox of all time therefore he is hte best fox right now. You have to look at more recent times where the other falcons are right there with him

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Except the difference is PC doesnt actively compete and place just as high/higher than all foxs anymore where as Darkrain does both. (god i hate analogies. strawman fallacies for the loss)

Lets see here:
1. Best historical record
2. STILL actively places better than all falcons at tournaments or at the very worst places tied with them (lol at making a distinction between 7th and 8th at a tournament of over 250 people)
3. Just recently beat every other notable falcon main in direct 1v1 matches.

I find it pretty hard to NOT think DR is the best falcon and has held that title for like 4 years now.

i honestly don't see how you could make an argument for any other falcon :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom