• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Souls

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just beat 4 kings, and ran into Frampt's brother. He told me the truth. So that's cool to know.

Also, my dream of the whole game FINALLY happened. I got to see the Chaos Eater in person. I saw them in the art book and they looked so cool. In game it was as cool as the book. But after seeing the TOP of it, that's a monster I don't entirely want to stand next to. In any way.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Pulling a Ryu and trying to get trophies by joining all the covenants. Forest PVP is so dumb cause you can fight anyone. I ***** one guy cause he was so underleveled, but another guy I ended up doing two backstabs for about 300 damage a piece, and it took like 1/4th of his HP.

With that being said, fog ring is dumb (in a broken kinda way). And the funniest session I had was I got summoned to a game where a Darkwraith had invaded. I ran into him first and was like..."wtf?". We all proceeded to run around in a giant circle chasing one another.

Safe to say I was the last one standing xP. And it's great, you get the number of souls the person was carrying. Got 50k once. Does that also work for Darkwraith and Dark Moon? Wasn't really paying attention when I was in Darkwraith.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It sucks how barren xbox live is :(

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I got to the last area of the game and man that area is PvP heavy! I suck at it though. I really hope the new patch that's coming in actually makes scaling weapons relevant. Sucks how elementals dominate when I have a...

Painting Guardian Sword +14, A scaled with Dex that is at 37.

Started a new character that's gonna be the opposite of the one I have right now. Gonna be more strength based.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Finally got the collectors guide, quite a good map selection imo. At Carpa Demon, oooo the dogs are making me angry.

Such a failure, didn't know you could lock on. This game is so much easier now..

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Scaling desperately needs to be fixed in the next patch. Dexterity builds are stupid to have. My second character is a strength build and a lightning +3 zwenhaider does about 1000 damage with a two handed R2 x2 attack. Safe to say it ***** in PVP as well.

First playthrough....56 hours. A lot of it also put into PVP and stuff.

Second playthrough....17 and I beat one of the 4 lord souls lmao.

Conclusion, Dying = More gameplay time.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, been off on and on tonight, doing other rl stuff though. Locking on makes this game so much easier, omg. Almost killed Carpa the first try. The dogs are still quite annoying.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Invading in Izalith is hilarious.

Most people just disconnect. No one wants to deal with dinosaur butts and an invader.

I alternate between helping and hindering. I've actually helped people who I've previously killed on a few occasions.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I rarely get summoned for help. Though helping some dude beat Ornstein was fun.

Some douche decided to invade me in the Tomb of Giants. Good thing I fought him after I had cleared the area.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Locking on turned this game into...a game. Took Capra from 80%>0% with no flasks.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Maybe...shut up.

Capra fell 2nd try after learning lock-on
Butcher/Rat first time.

I kinda fell into a pit and got cursed though, had to farm souls to remove that...but still! About to get upper levels fire point, then go to lower ^.-

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ah yes the infamous cursing...it's really easy to avoid imo.

And you're not very far into the game o.O

I have been farming for a silver knight shield of late since that's my preference. I have about a 130,000 souls just because I have not leveled up yet and I'm still in the range of helping people beat Ornstein.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, The lack of targeting made me not want to play. then I found god... well in the game.

Also I was plating Xmen Destiny and I play Final Fantasy XIV. Trying to get to the Ifrit raid and such. I'll be playing a lot more though.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I could help people with Laurel and Hardy until like level 64. Then suddenly it all stopped.
I'm invading Crystal Caves now. Absolutely fun. I got hatemail.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, so I farmed for 2 hours two nights ago for a silver knight shield. Turned my game on last night and the first silver knight I killed, I got it.

I got trolled so hard.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know humanity effects your drop rate right? 30 humanity and a covetous serpent ring maxes the drop rate out.

Even without it though, I get lucky drops all the time. Somehow I have a Channeler's Trident and a Titanite Catch Pole (Which is actually my current weapon of choice)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes I know. I actually know a great place to farm humanity. You can get about 30 in an hour. I had about 5 humanity at the time + the ring.

I'm actually trying to platinum this game. Gonna have to make another char that is specifically geared towards being a faith build to get all the miracles -_-.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hahaha Baby Skeletons are the best.

Also, still invading in the 4 Lordsoul areas. It's so satisfying. I've been getting mad giggles from it. Lloyd's Talisman is the greatest item in the history of Hollowkind.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yes I know. I actually know a great place to farm humanity. You can get about 30 in an hour. I had about 5 humanity at the time + the ring.

I'm actually trying to platinum this game. Gonna have to make another char that is specifically geared towards being a faith build to get all the miracles -_-.
You can't get teh miracles even if you're not a mage character?

You could exploit a glitch to make your char mage worthy too.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Let's say I missed out on a crucial event that will prevent me from getting miracles. Both times.

@Hiemie What SL are you? I would love to invade people in those areas.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sitting comfortably on 70. I'm gona try Tomb of the Giants today. Been a while since I dusted off the ol' Chameleon. That spell doesn't work well in Crystal Caves.

I might see if I can invade people in NG+ who are in Depths and Blighttown. You think I can invade people at a similar level if they're in NG+?

I am able to face the last boss right now if I wanted to, but unfortunately, I want to grind out the last minerals I need to get all the max upgrades weapon's trophies. That seems like it would be a hassle when all the enemies go back to doing lethal damage.

I also need to make a Miracles Profile and a Unique Weapons Trophy Profile.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
This is a major bump, but does anyone here still play this game? I bought it a while ago and am just starting to really get into it; seriously, there is so much to do in this game. PvP is a blast, though I wish it was possible to set up duels/do co-op with friends. I've been using a Dex/Faith build this runthrough, basing the set off of Lautrec. Dual shotels all day :cool: Makes PvE is a ***** and a half, but PvP is wonderful.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
>>Havels + Family Mask.
>>DWGR.
>>Chaos + Lightning Rapier.
>>Lag.
>>Everyone constantly flipping around fishing for lag stabs.

I haven't had any problems with those so far, though I understand how those things would make the game not fun for most people. Still, you're going to have people who play gay in any multiplayer game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I plan to get back into it next week. Currently playing a few games. Been ages since I bothered with it though, despite the fact I logged in about 100 hours total.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I actually just finished diablo 2 (well as much as I can without my friend to get IK set) and I am starting this back Monday. Platinum awayyyy

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Alright, so some big news.

First off, there is a PC edition being released in the Summer, and said PC edition will have additional content. No one knows yet if this content will make it to the console versions and if it will cost anything or not.

With that being said, I started playing again. I feel so lost in this game.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Holy crap, that's awesome. I really hope the additional content will be released onto the console versions of the game. Any idea what sort of stuff they'll be adding?

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm currently on my SL 4 run. About to fight Nito. Turns out that this isn't very hard if you don't restrict what gear you can use; Drake's Sword worked well (though I had to wield it two-handed) until Sen's Fortress, then I got the Lightning Spear, which makes most of the game way too easy.

Admittedly, Ornstein and Smough were rather difficult at SL 4.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie. I recently started up again, going with a sort of revamped dext/faith build. Last I played was around November (70 hours at that time.) Forgot a lot of stuff in the game, so it's fun to get randomly owned. Was disappointed to find out that the patch botched Elite Knight Armor's poise rating. I've been sort of running around everywhere, but progression wise, I'm about to fight the Queen in Blight Town. Had to go back to the undead asylum to grab the rusted iron ring so I could run in that poisonous swamp.

I have been spoiled by my strength build, cause using the Zwenhaiderjkhjskdfks was so boss. Takes like 20 hits to kill the tougher enemies with my Astora's Straight Sword.

Edit: And I'm stupid. Just gave away the Firekeeper soul that belonged to the lady below the Fire Keeper's Shrine to upgrade my flask. I feel like starting over...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
wtf? That's way in the beginning.

But in all seriousness, shoot me a PM if you wanna try and co-op together. I know the chances are slim, but we can try to "arrange" it to make it work.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
hella bump

18 days until pc edition comes out. gonna pick it up since its bound to have a pretty lively community, plus the fact that its on pc

anyone else going to come back to the gmae?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't mind picking it up now and then on my PS3. Always fun to troll/invade people in tougher parts of the game.

Does the PC version have the DLC ready to go? I know the DLC for consoles is coming out in Winter.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yeah, it will include all new content at launch.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The game is out! It's been out for nigh upon a week! People should be talking about it :D

I am working on making my SL40 Darkwraith so I can invade people in Tomb of the Giants and make them sad.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
The DLC is fun! I enjoyed it quite a bit.

In other news, I invaded people in the Tomb of Giants and was sad to learn that you tend to spawn BEHIND them. As in, near the start of the level. Where they can see and hear you coming. So the ambushing isn't quite as BS as I had been hoping for.

So far all 3 have also been packing new DLC stuff. Which doesn't seem TOO terribly scary except for one weapon that causes powerful bleed, and you can swing a hefty amount of times without running out of stamina.

Top Bottom