• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Souls

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'll find box art pic later.

Whose playing this!? I just spent a good half hour getting away from skeletons in an area I'm not supposed to be in! ^^ Let's post our death stories here :D

Page will be edited Sunday or Monday!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's quite fun...but also very annoying. I've lost so much xp trying to get where I need to go.

Sadly, If I get past this one part, my miniguide is useless. I'll prolly quit playing until Friday when I get the guide.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What's the point in playing the game with a guide? I mean it's one thing if you're going for a certain build...but I'm gonna enjoy exploring and getting my *** kicked.

Btw, what class are you?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The guide won't help me not get my *** kicked, it'll help me with the fact of having actual maps...

I'm a thief. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm holding the CE in my hand. Looked through the art book...can't play the game until I'm done with my test on Friday. FML.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dark Souls is so wonderfully fun. I'm a pyro, just handled the Capra.

I suggest you ninnies shoot of a red dragon's tail as soon as you can.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Stuck at bell gargoyle. Decided to skip him and go to the forest below, which I ended up dying in after a pretty good run.

I need to get some more fire resist or something x_x

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Man, this game seems very interesting, my friends were all taking about it but I had no clue what it was, but they kept talking about how it has different classes and such, I don't know if I should get it, should I?

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, depends what you look for in a video game. It's very immersive for a dungeon crawling RPG. There's virtually no story. Multiplayer doesn't involve you playing with anyone, rather you can summon "strangers" to help you. You can also get invaded by strangers at any given point.

Also, you collect souls to use in leveling up. If you die, you have to go back to that spot to reclaim your souls...if you die again before reclaiming them, you lose all the souls you had gained.

So basically, not a game where you should be running around like a dork.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Finally got some time to play this. Lv15, geared up, got the repair box(whichis basically a 50% discount repairs...) but still @ Taurturus(sp) Demon. Going to play this laods though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Blighttown for hardest area due to massive framerate loss

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Taur. Demon took forever, but Kraivenous seen it! I took it down, and it will be featured on our show.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Taurus is so easy o_O...
did you climb up the stairs and do the jumping stab?

Try playing the fat knight under the tower LOL. He will kill you in one hit.

Just beat him. Took me 3 tries...but damn he has a lot of HP. He also gives you a nice ring.
It increases your equipment burden by 50%.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Warrior is a good choice for new people.

I'm up to Anor Lando right now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So, I have not been really going in one direction specifically. Explore one area, retreat back and go another route. I finally ended up ringing the undead church bell. The Gargoyle boss was pretty tough. Make sure you are at a bonfire that's been kindled...you'll need all 10 flasks.

Also, the Drake Sword *****. Get it.

Also, Pyromancer is probably one of the best starting classes with thief being one of the hardest fyi lol. Pyros get access to fire spells early game, and they start at Soul Level 1 with decent stats.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Agreed, Pyromancer is probably the best class to start with. But I play Thief, because that's how I ROLL. Seriously, Thief roll is so good.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
**** Smough and Ornstein. Seriously, biggest cockblock of a boss ever.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Probably have not encountered them. I just got to Sen's Fortress. Gonna tackle that in a minute.

Effin blight town is so stupid without some certain items LOL.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
This game has been devouring my soul.

Right now I'm about to fight the Four Kings... And that is such an uphill climb for a Sorcerer IMO. But I'm getting some nice high level magic soonish :D

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Probably have not encountered them. I just got to Sen's Fortress. Gonna tackle that in a minute.

Effin blight town is so stupid without some certain items LOL.
They are the bosses in the area after Sen's Fortress.

I was able to down Smough, but powered up Ornstein wrecked my face.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, Sen's Fortress was a cake walk. Lightning Spear ftw. However, the I got stuck on was at Anor Lado when you have to freaking running up the arch vs those Silver Knight archers. But then I found a way to expose the AI, and that whole area leading up to the archers was simplified. That's one thing I hate about Dark Souls. It's easy to find a way to trick enemies or bosses into doing stupid stuff, and once you do...the game gets so much easier.

I only fought the boss once before turning it off. Seems like the fat one is weak to lightning, but the small one has the speed. I'm gonna see if I can hit away at both their HPs together.

Oh and Havel's Set is awesome.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I really want to get Ornstien's spear and set so bad. Makes me wish I killed Shmough first.

Yeah, sometimes the AI just has these awful patterns that make some bosses and enemies a total cake walk. Like when I had to fight
Seath
I was expecting this boss to kick my ***. All I needed to do was equip my Dingy robe set (to protect from curse), skirt around his mid range so that he would use his mid ranged attack and just rushed in wailed on him for like 400-500 damage. Rinse repeat. I don't think I even had to use estus.

But after beating the Four kings, I have been enjoying fighting him in Co-Op. I had a group of 2 mages including myself, and a pyromancer. We had so much damage that we kept it to a 3v1 pretty much for the entire boss fight XP

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I defeated the 4 Kings and joined the Darkwraith. So far, no luck invading anyone .-.

If it doesn't pan out for me, I might go join the Darkmoon given there appears to be no level cap on that.

Also, where the hell do you go to use the demon souls and turn them into weapons? I've visited two black smiths so far, and I know there's a third one down in the Catacombs. Is that the guy?

And Ornstein fight was super tough. I defeated the fat guy first (weak to lightning spear), but that fight was ridiculous after that.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've been playing this pretty casually and goofing off. I'm right before the Anor Londo bosses. I accidentally went into the painted world, but I got through that just fine.

And what is this about a hard part with 2 archers? Was it the narrow beam with the two guys with nasty bows? Because I just baited their arrows and ran across first try. Is that what you're talking about?

Also, I got my firelady back.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I've been playing this pretty casually and goofing off. I'm right before the Anor Londo bosses. I accidentally went into the painted world, but I got through that just fine.

And what is this about a hard part with 2 archers? Was it the narrow beam with the two guys with nasty bows? Because I just baited their arrows and ran across first try. Is that what you're talking about?

Also, I got my firelady back.
Yeah, that's the part I'm talking about. It wasn't as much about getting hit by the arrowas that was the problem as it was fighting the knight once you got up there. But like I said, I just exposed the AI and they fell down.

I accidentally went into the painted world as well...you don't have to fight the boss, and I almost didn't...then I realized the trouble I went through and did away with her.

And yeah, initially, I was trying to kill the two NPCs with
Lautrec
, but when I found out they don't give you anything, I was like "eff that."

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I made a new character to main since I have a better grasp on the game. Got all the way to anor lando with only like 5 deaths.

Then ornsten/smough, I summoned 2 people for both my tries and they both got 1 shot by 2nd form ornstein, leaving me to solo a boss meant for 3 people. I might just try soloing it later today if people keep wasting my humanity zzzz

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Yeah, that's the part I'm talking about. It wasn't as much about getting hit by the arrowas that was the problem as it was fighting the knight once you got up there. But like I said, I just exposed the AI and they fell down.

I accidentally went into the painted world as well...you don't have to fight the boss, and I almost didn't...then I realized the trouble I went through and did away with her.

And yeah, initially, I was trying to kill the two NPCs with
Lautrec
, but when I found out they don't give you anything, I was like "eff that."
Lautrec
Drops a really sweet ring when you kill him. Its basically Equip this ring for higher equipment shouldering, higher HP and stamina. Buuuuut if you unequip it, the ring breaks. Nice ring, but comes a quite the cost. Its like, the only way my Mage can shoulder anything other than her Witch Robes and her Staff. With it she can be adventurous and equip a shield AND a Lightning Spear! :D

Pricilla's Scythe looks really sweet. I feel really ashamed that I couldnt get it forged and used her soul in my frustration

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I currently have that ring equipped along with Havel's ring. I can run at full speed (25% or under equip burden) despite wearing heavy armor. I got about 47 poise with it too.

Ornstein boss fight isn't that tough if you kill Ornstein first. That boss fight is definitely made for you to get help...I got the Praise the Sun guy to help me given I was alive. Dude just tanked.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Kill ornstein first and you can't get his armor/spear

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're supposed to get help for Ornstein and Smough? I did it on my second try on my own. I really liked the fight actually. they're cool bosses. I want Smough's Armor.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You're supposed to get help for Ornstein and Smough? I did it on my second try on my own. I really liked the fight actually. they're cool bosses. I want Smough's Armor.
You don't have to, but it makes phase 1 alot easier since you can focus down one while the other person tanks.

Only bad thing is that the bosses scale with how many players there are, so if you get 2 people that die quickly, you are fighting a boss meant for 3 people instead of 1 :urg:

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
This game is so much fun. I beat the gargoyles and that giant moth recently (gargoyles were a walk in the park after getting some golden pine resin from the forest 8-) ), and I'm working my way down into the sewery area. Bandit is a lot of fun.

Top Bottom