• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I hope that's better for everyone.

I doubt purple would've been any easier to see
Looks good

Character battle update discussion:

Mewtwo vs Frieza.

Go.
Man, this would be a fun match-up to watch! Both characters are truly bad ***** of their own series, both happen to have a slight resemblance to each other because of their purple and white layout, alien like appearance, and use of energy. Both are quit evil too. Mewtwo has been shown to be at least once evil in the anime canon up until Ash changed his ways (of course.. >.>). In the canon pokedex, it has been mentioned again and again that Mewtwo has the "darkest heart of all Pokemon", and lives to battle and test his strength.

Both characters are really strong, but Mewtwo might need a handicap! I think Frieza is just on a totally different level than Mewtwo. We know that Frieza is fully capable of blowing up an entire planet. Mewtwo is not. I don't know if blowing up the earth then fleeing would work AGAINST Mewtwo. He is most likely able to fly around in deep space just fine, this depends on if you count the original pokemon intro as canon. Either way though, the power required to destroy a planet is quite a lot, which is more power than Mewtwo has.

But what about specific abilities? DBZ characters tend to share all the same traits, that is super speed, super strength, telekinesis energy blasts, all based around a person's inner "ki". Mewtwo sports teleportation, extrasensory, telekinesis, Hi IQ, and basic energy attacks that originate from his awesome brain. Mewtwo, if trained by a trainer, is also capable of learning elemental attacks like Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Earthquake, and more. He can also be taught some weird quirks such as Substitute, Metronome, Self Destruct, and the list can just go on.

Depending on what limitations you give Mewtwo would determine on how the match plays out. Is he really limited only to 4 moves? Does he have a trainer to teach him things? These different variations can affect how Mewtwo would battle. Meanwhile, Frieza is just one Frieaza. There is no alternative canon to his character. In the end. I don't think there is a scenario you can plan out that would truly give Mewtwo a true chance to defeat Frieza. We're talking about comparing a character that can knock out (not kill) several pokemon before being taken out VS a character that has slaughtered entire species and planet after planet and has abused his power to control most of the universe up until his defeat to Goku.

My vote is Frieza

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
Im with problemo freeza blew up a planet like it was nothing in the pokemon movies mewtwo never does something that caliber of strength (altho id like an adult pokemon show where mewtwo explodes heads and ashs muk melts team rocket)

:phone:

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Looks good

Man, this would be a fun match-up to watch! Both characters are truly bad ***** of their own series, both happen to have a slight resemblance to each other because of their purple and white layout, alien like appearance, and use of energy. Both are quit evil too. Mewtwo has been shown to be at least once evil in the anime canon up until Ash changed his ways (of course.. >.>). In the canon pokedex, it has been mentioned again and again that Mewtwo has the "darkest heart of all Pokemon", and lives to battle and test his strength.

Both characters are really strong, but Mewtwo might need a handicap! I think Frieza is just on a totally different level than Mewtwo. We know that Frieza is fully capable of blowing up an entire planet. Mewtwo is not. I don't know if blowing up the earth then fleeing would work AGAINST Mewtwo. He is most likely able to fly around in deep space just fine, this depends on if you count the original pokemon intro as canon. Either way though, the power required to destroy a planet is quite a lot, which is more power than Mewtwo has.

But what about specific abilities? DBZ characters tend to share all the same traits, that is super speed, super strength, telekinesis energy blasts, all based around a person's inner "ki". Mewtwo sports teleportation, extrasensory, telekinesis, Hi IQ, and basic energy attacks that originate from his awesome brain. Mewtwo, if trained by a trainer, is also capable of learning elemental attacks like Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Earthquake, and more. He can also be taught some weird quirks such as Substitute, Metronome, Self Destruct, and the list can just go on.

Depending on what limitations you give Mewtwo would determine on how the match plays out. Is he really limited only to 4 moves? Does he have a trainer to teach him things? These different variations can affect how Mewtwo would battle. Meanwhile, Frieza is just one Frieaza. There is no alternative canon to his character. In the end. I don't think there is a scenario you can plan out that would truly give Mewtwo a true chance to defeat Frieza. We're talking about comparing a character that can knock out (not kill) several pokemon before being taken out VS a character that has slaughtered entire species and planet after planet and has abused his power to control most of the universe up until his defeat to Goku.

My vote is Frieza
Dude, good **** problemo

BlinkIV

Avenger
Fair enough, but I'm sticking with Mewtwo. I think he's just "underated" after how they portrayed him in the movie. In the american movie, all he did was just petrify Ash, when in the japanese version, he legit killed Ash that easily. Of course they aren't going to show Mewtwo blow up a planet or anything of the sort because it's Pokemon, it's not that type of show to portray that type of thing, but that doesn't stop people from knowing Mewtwo has that potential to do so.

Besides, Mewtwo only needs one form to showcase his power while Freiza needs multiple to continue growing? (Freiza got his *** chopped the **** up by Trunks tho) Anyway though, I just think Nintendo never had the need to portray Mewtwo as powerful as Namco needed to portray Freiza. If Nintendo had to portray Mewtwo like that, it wouldn't even be hard to do, but Pokemon "restrictions" make it so there's no need for it.

Mewtwo does have a wide array of attacks to use, including ones to mess with your mind, such as Hypnosis, he has no known weakness (according to pokemon series), he's also got the darkest heart of all the pokemon. He could also use other moves against Freiza (Some may work, some not), but he could use them to his advantage, especially given the fields they would be fighting on.

I'm going with Mewtwo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
DBZ is on a whole different level than pokemon, so its no real competition. Master Roshi blew up the moon with a power level of less than 1000 and Nappa/Vegeta blew up a planet on their way to earth with power levels up 6k-30k or something.

Pokemon barely cause damage to the arenas they fight in.

D

Deleted member

How do I block this kid?
I'm sure there is something on my page where you can make it where you can never see my posts. It's probably next to where you'd pm me or add me as a friend (Ignore list iirc)

In a serious way about this fight though, Mewtwo would need to have specific EV training to probably win this. Also, if this were turn based like pokemon then maybe mewtwo could get lucky sleep-hax or para-hax on him. Mewtwo would probably a very offensive list of moves and EVs, so special attacks, speed, and maybe a small amount of hp. Frieza would more likely win in a situation where anything goes as like in the dbz universe, but mewtwo has the ability to capture other trainers pokemon and have them fight for him as in the movies. So... many little things could decide this. I still love pokemon alot more than dbz though.

D

Deleted member

I feel weird playing brawl against CPUs after playing P:M. I feel as if my TL is really slow/bad now, but it also might be me thinking I have to be like P:M. I also feel like my metaknight is better than my tl now, but I don't want to main metaknight...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Fair enough, but I'm sticking with Mewtwo. I think he's just "underated" after how they portrayed him in the movie. In the american movie, all he did was just petrify Ash, when in the japanese version, he legit killed Ash that easily. Of course they aren't going to show Mewtwo blow up a planet or anything of the sort because it's Pokemon, it's not that type of show to portray that type of thing, but that doesn't stop people from knowing Mewtwo has that potential to do so.
Raditz could legit kill Ash and Frieza is exponentially stronger than him. Pretty sure all the fighters in the original Dragonball are capable of killing Ash. He's just a normal person, (which usually has a power level between 1 and 5). I really do not think Mewtwo is capable of blowing up the planet. The burden of proof is on Mewtwo to say otherwise. In the movie, most of his attacks used against Mew only scratch the castle he made, but if you do not want to continue using the anime as canon, I can understand.

Besides, Mewtwo only needs one form to showcase his power while Freiza needs multiple to continue growing? (Freiza got his *** chopped the **** up by Trunks tho) Anyway though, I just think Nintendo never had the need to portray Mewtwo as powerful as Namco needed to portray Freiza. If Nintendo had to portray Mewtwo like that, it wouldn't even be hard to do, but Pokemon "restrictions" make it so there's no need for it.
And Frieza's first form is still powerful enough to quickly blow up a planet. Though the fight would be a litle more fair, Frieza's first form still has the advantage. Even if Frieza decided it was some reason necessary to transform, Mewtwo does not have the power to defeat Frieza between transformations, and if he lets Frieza reach his final state, all that damage Mewtwo worked for is erased by the transformation. Mewtwo's best strategy at that point would be to calm mind up and recover to try and match Frieza, which would be interesting, but I believe Frieza's power leap in offense, defense, power, and speed is much higher than the x3 multiplier Mewtwo gets in SAtk and SDef only.

Then we can talk about the difference between their endurances. For a pokemon of his calibur, Mewtwo's defenses are actually quite low. His base stat Def and SDef are both 90, which are low for an Uber tier'd pokemon. Besides his encounter with Trunks (Super Saiyans are very powerful), Frieza can endure a lot. I mean A LOT. After enduring an enormous spirit bomb (composed of the entire Galaxy's energy), and with half his body missing, with only a shrivel of energy left, after being blasted by SSJ Goku, Frieza STILL SURVIVED the destruction of a planet.

Mewtwo does have a wide array of attacks to use, including ones to mess with your mind, such as Hypnosis, he has no known weakness (according to pokemon series), he's also got the darkest heart of all the pokemon. He could also use other moves against Freiza (Some may work, some not), but he could use them to his advantage, especially given the fields they would be fighting on.
Mewtwo doesn't know god damn Hypnosis, what are you smoking? Put your gameshark down boy. If you decide to treat the anime as canon for this fight, as I already explained, Mewtwo isn't powerful enough. What Mewtwo can learn is disable to stop the repeat of Frieza's last attack and confusion, which does mild damage and a chance to cause confusion (which is like a dizziness. You don't all the sudden don't understand battle.). LIke I mentioned before, Mewtwo can also learn substitute, swift, protect, even counter. Mewtwo will have to be able to land a move first, and Mewtwo would not be able to fully keep up with Frieza's evasion skills.

D

Deleted member

lol, could mew possibly help mewtwo? Mewtwo can capture other trainers pokemon as well. Spam double team and sand attack. Give mewtwo t-wave or some hax. Use Psychic to lower Special Defenses. Use a gameshark.

Oh wait, missingno.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I remember MissingNo. Hah, so many rare candies to get my party to level 100. Those were the days. I'm only familiar with up to 2nd gen. I stopped keeping track of Pokemon thanks to none other than Zelda mostly, and other stuff I did as a kid.
Frieza Mewtwo MU: 100:0 Frieza's favor. Like, no contest dude. Too bad Mewtwo doesn't have the Triforce. :smirk:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
lol, could mew possibly help mewtwo? Mewtwo can capture other trainers pokemon as well. Spam double team and sand attack. Give mewtwo t-wave or some hax. Use Psychic to lower Special Defenses. Use a gameshark.

Oh wait, missingno.
Thunderwave would be a must for Mewtwo to stand a chance.

PowerPuff Girls

or

PowerPuff Girls Z

Original PowerPuff Girls. PowerPuff Girls Z do not sport the generic superman like qualities that their North American counterparts have. While I think PPGZ are much more interesting heroes because of more uniquely defined abilities, they'll just lose to the stupid **** the PPGs are capable of.

D

Deleted member

Its why I said I thought. Apparently I can't be wrong on something without having someone make me seem like I'm dumb.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
No big Zach, but grammatically, "Kinda" is more appropriate. That's probably what Brett was on about.

And as I recall Dojo had gone missing here and there, only to step on me every other tourney lol...
mad love for dem mad skillz though.

D

Deleted member

If you want Brett, I'll intentionally screw up all of my grammar from now on. your in 4 it bro :troll:

Top Bottom