• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Labernash

Smash Lord
So is Fort Worth actually like...a fort?
If not why is it called that???
It is. It has a bridge leading into the city. It's pretty cool actually! Lot's of history in that place. They formed Dallas after winning a battle against the Mexicans thanks to the Forts walls. They call it "Worth" because it was "worth a million bucks!"

Labernash

Smash Lord
Zombies would just fall into the moat.

Haha, just kidding; their's no moat. But, that's probobly what was being refrenced, yes!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah, for about a couple of weeks now. Putting together a zombie deck. Cake's been financing it as he's the one who's really into it. I'm just kind of going along with it for free. I got most of the cards I need, just need a few of the more expensive pieces...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yeah, for about a couple of weeks now. Putting together a zombie deck. Cake's been financing it as he's the one who's really into it. I'm just kind of going along with it for free. I got most of the cards I need, just need a few of the more expensive pieces...

u slowed down on smash for CARDS?!?!?!?!

WHAT A NERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denti

Smash Master
MtG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YGO
You're probably right. Back when I was around Yugioh always revolved hardcore around metagame top tier decks. There is always only like 2 or 3 truely viable decks that will win big tournaments, and I hated that. I just like how fast Yugioh is played. It gets to the point where by turn 3 one person has gone threw AT LEAST half their deck and it would be uncommin for the game to go past turn 5. How many viable decks are there in Magic?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
There's a bit more to it than just that Denti. The older formats of magic have tons of viable decks. The newest format (standard) still has quite a few, some better than others, but enough such that you can play a different viable deck every weekend.

The main difference between Yugioh and Magic, from what I've seen, is YGO is faster paced (40 card deck, monsters attack right away, little/no restriction on playing cards) while Magic is toned down to allow for control decks to exist (60 card deck, lands, creatures cant attack immediately, cards have a casting cost). Also YGO's audience feels like its targeted towards boys / young adults where magic is targeted towards older individuals.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
What happened exactly?

AeroLink the TroubleshootMaster at your service. :)

:phone:
Pep Boys tells us that there was a leak in the coolant tank, and the coolant leaked into the engine. So we'd either have to buy a new engine, or a new car, which are both about the same price. Only our credit isn't the same due to hospital bills and other junk. But others are telling us that it's not all THAT serious, so we're gonna have others look at the car too.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Pep Boys tells us that there was a leak in the coolant tank, and the coolant leaked into the engine. So we'd either have to buy a new engine, or a new car, which are both about the same price. Only our credit isn't the same due to hospital bills and other junk. But others are telling us that it's not all THAT serious, so we're gonna have others look at the car too.

Were you in a wreck?!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!

Get a second opinion. I doubt your car is finished for good. It should be fixable. Do you know where the leak is located? Does your car even turn on? What happens if it does turn on?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

Well one person can say one thing and it could mean a ****load of small things to fix. So it's best to get a diagnostics from two separate places just in case to get all the info.

If I was you (with all the info you gave me), I would buy a new engine if it get's worse. Sounds like a lot of small issues that could get bigger over time.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Well one person can say one thing and it could mean a ****load of small things to fix. So it's best to get a diagnostics from two separate places just in case to get all the info.

If I was you (with all the info you gave me), I would buy a new engine if it get's worse. Sounds like a lot of small issues that could get bigger over time.

That wouldnt be smart. An engine costs almost as much as a new car. And that car is 8 years old. New in old doesn't sound good. That's like applying an old tier list to the metagame we have now

FK1

Smash Journeyman
so my only time off is tuesday night...I'm putting in my vote for a Tuesday night Smashfest...Someone please make it happen...I'll bring coooooooooooookies.

.....Or Tequilaaaaaaaaa....

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
That wouldnt be smart. An engine costs almost as much as a new car. And that car is 8 years old. New in old doesn't sound good. That's like applying an old tier list to the metagame we have now

The engine usually doesn't cost as much as a car.
If your mom owns a 2010 Chevy Camaro, I might be inclined to believe you.
Depending on your make and model, you might get a better deal.

Just depends on what's actually wrong with your car in the first place, a new engine is just an option.

Top Bottom