• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yeah, the SS Teacup! It's a stage in both games, but it's really early in two and late in one, so it's possible it's two you're thinking of.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
ALSM I'm sorry... I've swapped sides. Metroid > Zelda

Majoras Mask still is ****ing amazing though
Metroid is amazing. Super Metroid is still my all time favorite Metroid game.

http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=1396

are there any other tournaments I missed going on in this area? Lemme know
Ooh, thanks for posting these Zano, but I'm cancelling mine until next month so make sure people know this.

I can host a fest either Friday or this weekend for people that arent gonna make it to HOBO. Anybody else interested?
It would be awesome to attend one of your smashfests but I'll need a ride. Brett come get me :(

I can attend it because I'm going to the YCS instead of HOBO (unfortunately, I really want to beat illmatic) by default so I have time friday to do things.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
ALSM I'm sorry... I've swapped sides. Metroid > Zelda

Majoras Mask still is ****ing amazing though
Forgiven. That Majora's Mask comment saved you though. :p

Metroid is cool, but something about being a hero destined to save a land and princess is more appealing to me. Plus, Link has the Triforce of Courage, what does Samus have? Super-technological stuff?

Supernatural Forces/Goddesses > Super Science/Technology

Light Arrow + Master Sword > Anything Samus has.

... I rest my case. Case Closed ( <- Will, this comment is for you... See what I did there? :)).

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, and one more thing...

ALSM's Link > Xyro's Samus

Nuff said.
Except Xyro's Samus got to B-tier without that S-tier assist. :smirk:

DENTI, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU PREFERRED MM TO OoT! I thought I was the only one!
The tears... I cannot stop them...

Denti

Smash Master
Except Xyro's Samus got to B-tier without that S-tier assist. :smirk:

DENTI, I DIDN'T KNOW YOU PREFERRED MM TO OoT! I thought I was the only one!
The tears... I cannot stop them...
Majoras Mask is so good! My favorite Zelda easily. I feel like there is a anime personality to everything in that game. Plus the masks make my day. Forever bunny hood.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Forgiven. That Majora's Mask comment saved you though. :p

Metroid is cool, but something about being a hero destined to save a land and princess is more appealing to me. Plus, Link has the Triforce of Courage, what does Samus have? Super-technological stuff?

Supernatural Forces/Goddesses > Super Science/Technology

Light Arrow + Master Sword > Anything Samus has.

... I rest my case. Case Closed ( <- Will, this comment is for you... See what I did there? :)).
.......zero laser though....
Gotta space ship with missiles too....pretty sure blasting you from long range is more samus's forte.
And on another note. Samus is the princess and does her own saving. Zeldas just on her back gettin that ganon penis all game long while link is running around like the African slave boy on a horse.
Games still fun though.
BUT!!!
if we were gonna somehow fate samus vs link in inter-universal showdown, our little trigger happy bounty hunter would destroy farm boy.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
Anyone want to do anything today? I'm pretty bored right now, at 6 am lmao

I only got 2 hours of sleep yesterday, did school, did a GSA club, then passed out at 6 pm until 1 am. Now I'm cursed because I'm fully awake. Lol!!!!! FUUUUUU----

Also I bought Metroid Other M. It was only 9$ used at Gamestop. I sold 8 old bad bad games to get it lol. Those old sports and movie games ftw!!! Also I recommend nobody to trade anything in to gamestop and expect a real profit, not even consoles. In be4 I warned you and you trade in your gamecube+controller for only... 3$.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Gamestop is evil. I sold DKCR to them and they gave me $1.50. Later that week, my gf and I went to Entertainmart, and it said that they were paying $20 for DKCR used. FML. Btw Majora's Mask is hands down the best Zelda/N64 game ever. I have beaten that game 100% all items and hearts about four times now.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Gamestop is evil. I sold DKCR to them and they gave me $1.50. Later that week, my gf and I went to Entertainmart, and it said that they were paying $20 for DKCR used. FML. Btw Majora's Mask is hands down the best Zelda/N64 game ever. I have beaten that game 100% all items and hearts about four times now.
Dont sell to gamestop. There are always better options ><

BlinkIV

Avenger
I can attend it because I'm going to the YCS instead of HOBO (unfortunately, I really want to beat illmatic) by default so I have time friday to do things.
Your not going to the Marvel tournament at Evo this weekend? I thought you were all for Marvel now yo. /disappoint

Labernash

Smash Lord
Link couldn't even catch Samus. Dat Chozo power tho

And arrows bouncing off dat armor. Not to mention..... Samus can jump.

Kinda want to play Metroid now. Thanks, chumps. :(

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'm kinda biased on this arguement.

Samus has a computer navigation system (Fusion), Link can read sacred languages, Book of Mudora.

Link has bombs, Samus has an infinite supply

Link has pegasus boots, Samus has Speed Booster

Samus has Power Bombs, Link has Bombos

Samus has diffusion missiles, Link has Ether

Samus can jump, Link has the Roc's Feather

Samus has a ship, Link has a flute to summon a bird to carry him around

Samus came from a Chozo race, Link came from the Hylians.

Samus got Space Jump and Screw Attack, Link has a Roc's Cape.

Okay I'm stopping here, I'm completely biased on this arguement so I'm just gonna go ahead and say Megaman X.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Hyper Beam from Super Metroid > Anything Link has ever had except for one thing.

The ONLY thing that could possibly make Link half as awesome as Samus is that he has the ability to control mother****ing time. But he's only got that in a limited fashion and can only use it in limited ways that don't provide a very big benefit to him except for 'oops, let's try again.'

Samus > Link any day

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Hyper Beam from Super Metroid > Anything Link has ever had except for one thing.

The ONLY thing that could possibly make Link half as awesome as Samus is that he has the ability to control mother****ing time. But he's only got that in a limited fashion and can only use it in limited ways that don't provide a very big benefit to him except for 'oops, let's try again.'

Samus > Link any day
Cane of Byrna though.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Anyone want to do anything today? I'm pretty bored right now, at 6 am lmao

I only got 2 hours of sleep yesterday, did school, did a GSA club, then passed out at 6 pm until 1 am. Now I'm cursed because I'm fully awake. Lol!!!!! FUUUUUU----

Also I bought Metroid Other M. It was only 9$ used at Gamestop. I sold 8 old bad bad games to get it lol. Those old sports and movie games ftw!!! Also I recommend nobody to trade anything in to gamestop and expect a real profit, not even consoles. In be4 I warned you and you trade in your gamecube+controller for only... 3$.
The denti method to trying out new games is pretty damn useful.

Your not going to the Marvel tournament at Evo this weekend? I thought you were all for Marvel now yo. /disappoint
Marvel is fun, don't get me wrong....I have to also juggle my yugioh/brawl career too. It's hard choosing which events to go during each month. Besides I already went to a UMVC3 tournament in Aledo a while ago, it was fun and I got third. I lost to a Zero/Dante/Virgil player and a Doom/Morrigan/Sentinel. You can tell from the Doom/Morrigan package what the player wanted to do. CHIP CHIP CHP....

I got $25 when I traded in my copy of DKCR to gamestop for Skyrim :p
Now we're talking...skyrim :)

As far as the whole Link vs Samus, it's obviously in Samus's favor.

Space Jump/Anti-Gravity Boots/Space Ship vs Hook Shot/Master Sword/The Triforce
(Obvious winner is Samus)

Don't get me wrong, I"m a LTTP fanatic just like Infinity, but it's a loopsided, one sided battle.
Now if you had said Megaman X vs Samus, now we're talking a fight that we could possibly argue about.

BTW He only used Rob for really bad matchups like Ice Climber/Olimar/Metaknight.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Naw son. Even dark link don't got it like corrupted samus.
You'd have to see it, but you've never played the game so nvm

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
You're kidding me. And you've played the Zelda games with Dark Link in them?

Your logic flawed.

Well I have actually. So there. And fierce deity link? I know of that pokemon.
But anyway, what I was saying is that you haven't played prime 3 so you wouldn't know of corrupted samus, where on the contrary I have played and/or know of these links you speak of.
All that said, corrupted samus> SA-X> Samus zero laser> samus = megaman X> hot links> link.

Top Bottom