• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da/EA presents: Gauntlet APRIL29 wtf is this ****

EmperorTFGM

Smash Apprentice
The Gauntlet will go on....and Ronald will be arrested.

F**k you dynamic duo and i hope when u have it dies inside ur wife.

f**k web2zone also

f**k everybody

f**k the world

I hope the smash community all gets hit by a bus and dies

good clucks f*****s

f**k smash

I'll kill the smash community

every single last one of you is dead.

DEAD!!!

starting wit nyc

yes....come out to gauntlet....

yes....

continue to come to the bi-weeklies...

you'll never know when you'll be the one to drop like a fly

you may go into the venue..

but will you make it out....?

I got a different type of short hop laser in mind...

take it lightly if you want...
I know that I am not a smasher like you guys but I need you to understand something very important. Tomorrow the Gauntlet will have press coverage by PBS which wants to do a study on gamer communities and your community was selected as one of them. DA and I have discuss the current threat level situation that Ronald has made. I don't know what Ronalds problem is but this is crazy so we have decided to make a stand for you guys and the community as a whole.

Threats such as the one that Ronald is making will not be tolerated by DA, the Empire, the Smash Community or the Greater Gamer Community at large. DA does not want to do this but they can not allow one bad apple that can not be controlled to destroy this for everyone. So please...we implore you not to back down from this threat. I understand that your health is very important and we are making plans now to make sure that his threat is neutralized and handled. We are already speaking to local authorities to have Ronald Arrested for threatening the lives of the peaceful gamers of this community.

The GAUNTLET WILL CONTINUE!!!! The community needs this coverage by PBS because they will properly help express what gamers are like. Ronald is a horrible example and we are not scared to deal with him.

PS: Ronald...I'm really sad that it has to come to this but we must protect the many, and you have made your stand as our enemy selfishly because you can't control your temper. It is not too late to solve this problem if you turn yourself in and we can seek help for your anger management issue. If not then you will be arrested and processed by the full extent of the law.

Gamers don't back down from this come out and enjoy the Gauntlet as planned.

Gamers Against Violence.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Is someone going to be able to have a status on Ron by tonight? Would someone be able to request police to be on site tomorrow as well? I'm pretty hesitant about coming after hearing all this.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Compton Posts - GUANTLET WILL OCCUR

1. Gauntlet will be run MORE efficiently than in the past

2. In Respect to the Ronald situation noone has anything to fear

Let me say this, I was the LAST to hear about the event that occured on Friday night. I have been able to upatain a good amount of details from legit sources and I can say that I am not pleased with what transpired nor am I happy to hear about took place there after. As individuals we all deal with emotions, feelings ect. it is up to us as people to subdue certain urges given the circumstances.

This is not a Deadly Alliance issue, this is a RONALD issue; however DA has addressed this, AND we are taking the steps needed to make sure that this does not occur at any of OUR EVENTS. DA & The Empire have always provided AND intend on continuing to provide an environment that is accessible, comfortable, and above all SAFE. I speak for DA when I say that there have NEVER been any incidents that escalated past a DULL ROAR. We have full intentions on keeping our record clean on that aspect.

AS OF NOW GUANTLET WILL OCCUR ON SUNDAY APRIL 29TH.

As stated above We don't forsee any issues regarding Ronald or ANYONE causing a problem where authorities will have to be called.

SECURITY IS NOT NEEDED - we do NOT want people to feel uncomfortable while trying to do soemthing they enjoy.

If individuals still feel as though they do not want to attend the event, DA understands given the occurance on Friday the 27th of April, we understand; however I personally wouldn't suggest it. The fact remains Gauntlets have always been a successful and entertaining, and tomorrow will prove to be the same.

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Those threats that Ron made should not be taken lightly. Statements like those shouldn't be ignored. People have to take responsibility for their actions. Ron should be arrested, and until I hear that he is, then I am not going.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
As I said above we are taking the precautionary measures needed to ensure there will be no negative incidents.

Ronald's statements are NOT being taken lightly

Ron's current status is a private matter btwn himself, his family, and the authorites.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I definetly dont agree. Im sure ya not takin it lightly but its more OD than u think. The gauntlet should def be just pulled back like 2 weeks or something to be on the safe side yo. Seriously maing, i dont wanna go killin ****** at a smash tourney.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
I Am Fully Aware Of The Situation.

Deadly Alliance Has Gotten Full Control Of The Situation.

Please Do Not Throw The Word "kill" Around, That Incites Unnecessary Panic

There Will Be No Killing

-BLaze-

Smash Cadet
Can't believe it happened to begin with. Decisions will have to be thought over I guess.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
This doesn't encourage any of us to come...

Just being like "oh, the situation is resolved" and not giving details seems irresponsible considering the seriousness of all of this. All of our safety should be the priority, and giving us as much information as possible would further this goal. As of now, I know most of the noteworthy guys have decided not to attend until we know, in detail, that everything is really taken care of.

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo triforce i respect u but i don't respect wat u doin right now.did u just see the virgina tech incident which of course u did.this guy was a punk n he aired out 32 people.i'm not goin 2morrow n yes i did tell people itz cancel cuz i don't wanna see anyone especially kids get hurt.now if i'm out of d.a/empire 4 caring about peoples safety then throw me out seriously i heard bad things about me cuz i said cancel gauntlet.me n wes had 2 wrestle this guy so he can calm down n he hit me n wes so 2 me if he doesn't care about hittin us u neva know if he serious about doin things.anyway if ya gonna throw it throw it i'm not goin 2morrow n i tell u now alot of people is not goin not only cuz of me also they don't wanna take that risk.oni163 is my aol name if ya need 2 talk 2 me about anything.yo 4 real wes,kubuu n the rest of my crewmates unless i ain't in it anymore do the right thing n cancel it till things r better.if ya wanna talk 2 me ya know my number or my screen name.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I completely agree with cactuar no specifics have been said at all.. I would advise no one to attend this unless there is some way of proving to everyone that he will not be a threat. You've told no one anything reassuring at all comp.. btw i've never played you we gotta play sometime.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
I'm not at liberty to say how the issue has been dealt with, however Ron is under proper and constant supervision. That alone tells you he will not be in attendance. I understand everyones gripe about wanting details. I cannot give you those details because this is a LEGAL matter and it is in the midst of the legal process.

If I like so many of you was on the outside looking in, I would probably say I wouldn't come either. The fact is Ronald WILL NOT be there, and after a long discussion with DA and The Empire we have decided to have a very minimal police presense at the venue to ENSURE everyone's safety.

FYI everyone...there is a police precint less than 1 block away, maybe some of this info will put some of your fears to bed.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Thats cool.. I guess, but people still have a right to know about this I would at least put something in the main thread title that discusses this so people aren't going to this without knowing and then get back and see all this.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
I don't know how to affect the title of the thread nor do I believe that I have access to it. Have a good night everyone...its party time

Mooplet

Smash Journeyman
After reading this whole thread over again.. or at least the most recent..

I strongly feel that the vagueness of the 'safety' and the entire issue is kinda hard.

dont get me wrong, i TOTALLY understand how something legal or whatnot couldnt be talked about like that..

but i mean. Comp is a good guy and i know would def. do everything to make sure people are safe.
thing is, Bum is also lookin out for people it seems like. just because theres more info on the 'dont go' side of the situation it might make people not attend.

speaking of which, SteelKangaroo and i are deciding now whether or not to go.

I know that the response will be there is absolutely no threat but i have to say i would rather be safe than sorry.
i respect DA keeping the whole tourney together despite whatever might have tried to screw it up, and also for some people looking for more info. same to bum because it seems like he really wants to help some people out

wow, its getting late...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Copied and pasted from the NYC weekly thread: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18220228/

Read that people.

See what I mean when I say this is what Jack Thompson would love. This would be the jackpot for him. Here you have a guy with the makings of kller. Mix in his anger over losing in a game and now you have a perfect formula for Jack Thompson, the enemy of gamers every where, to have his way with the smash community. He could just come in a say that the smash community is a breeding ground for violence. It is a fighting game technically where the object of the game is to do violence to your opponent. We may not see it that way, but it is true. Now all Mr. Thompson has to do is spin it so our community looks like a breeding ground for would be psycho killers and the media will eat it up.

And Triforce doesn't want the guantlet cancelled because of PBS? It's because of media coverage that we shouldn't have this guantlet among other reasons. If this leaks out to PBS and the media I fear that thier will be a terrible backlash for the smash community. Would parents want thier kids to be part of a community that they believe perpetuates violence? Would the media want to make smash bigger and more mainstream if they found out that it supposedly caused a young man to go off the deep end?

Also, think of the effect this will have on the EA organized gamer rally against the VA Tech massacre. The media might not take it seriously. Ron may have screwed this up for you guys.

On the other hand, the rally could smooth things over and show that Ron is an individual and doesn't personify the feelings of the gaming community as a whole. It could show that gamers are civilized and peacful and that 1 or 2 troubled individuals is no cause for some unjust crusade or witch hunt against games.

It all depends on how you spin it.

Not to mention the effect that this may have on the U.S.A's feelings about the release of Brawl.

BUM163

Smash Lord
hey people ya do wat ya want if this goes witout any real form of safety being presented i ain't goin serious n itz not i'm goin against my own crew itz that i'm thinkin about othas n the possiblity of sumthin bad happenin n i don't take threats lightly.9/11 is a great example of threats becomin a reality n so is otha events.that situation has 2 b completely clean as in ron needs help serious.wat i suggest is gauntlet b delay till next week or sumthin.i mean this is gauntlet people will alwayz come 2 this great event if not hey do ya i will n I MEAN I WILL NOT HAVE NO PART IN 2MORROWS EVENT.ONI163 IS MY SCREEN NAME IF U NEED 2 TALK 2 ME

Mooplet

Smash Journeyman
@ Emblem Lord:

Very good point... i was thinking something like that.
Media coverage, however, is going to be involved at tomorrow no matter what.
If PBS shows up and there is no one there or it is cancelled (which it is not) then.. ahh whatever.

@ BUM:

No matter what happens it would seem better safe than sorry i hear you

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo listen i know i'm double postin that dude is not gonna affect smash community because ron gets mad at everything period not only games but in life.all we say is 2 delay it n do sumthin about him.cancel pbs or wateva or just do sumthin else sumwhere else.ya takin a risk n who cares if the police station is close by.in sum areas i know the station is right there n people still shoot otha people.itz all about playin it safe n it comes down 2 it we explain it was just that particular person who needs anger managerment n it was not the game but hiz life n wat happen 2 him outside the game.wat he told me is he feelz like a loser in everything includin smash bros so whether it had 2 deal wit hiz momz or hiz job or wateva happen it was that n not smash but of course losin in the game just intensify it cuz he lost n he felt like he lost in life period in which ron by himself shouldn't play the game not the community.all i ask is lets play this one safe 4 real cuz wat if u have the media there n he starts actin crazy then wat?things is gonna look a whole lot worse n u know the media ain't gonna care wat u tell them they gonna assume it was the game n put it out there as the game drove him crazy n angry n not otha things in hiz life.play this one smart seriously.theres more wrongs alot more wrongs than right here

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Exactly.

Anti-gamers and the media don't care. There will put a spin on any story to make it juicy or to get people riled up. They don't care about the consequences.

Play it smart on this one.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea we arent gonna go anymore. kinda a shame i came from md and dont get to go to gaunt but its aite nyst was today n that was fun but i wish this didnt go down like it did **** was mad scaries.

i hope everybody who shows up does well and that nothing bad goes wrong but just be careful peeps.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Alright, who ever runs these tournys and who ever is the head leader or w/e. Are you really that freaking stupid?. all cause of PBS, yoour gonna hold a tourny and risk our lives, so what if you have security and all we dont know what he can do and all. what happens if people get hurt or even KILLED? How you would feel then? all cause of a PBS thing. is being known more important then worrying about peoples lives? dont be a freaking creep. lives are at danger and you dont seem to give a ratz azz about it. I swear if you hold this tourny and someone gets hurt or killed when many told you not too, you will really feel like the bad one, and nothin will ever change that. More like you caused all of this. Im not risking my life for PBS and crap. Use your freaking brain for once. People can get hurt here. or worst. well are warned you, now im warning you here and now, cancel that tourny or else you are gonna regret it for the rest of your life if something bad happens. And in case you have not realized, your putting your life and your friends in danger as well. But I guess you dont care about you life or others. How can you still want to hold it after all of this. You really are a freaking azz right? this is pissing me off and I refuse to see my friends get hurt or even lose them over a game. You think hard about this, even in your sleep, cause if something bad happens, I swear it will haunt you for the rest of your life. Now cancel that tourny and any future ones until we know that ron is caught. and that we know for sure its safe to smash again and not be afraid to do it

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
i might set up a mini smashfest 2morrow cus all this talk about diein is not style. im only 17, and i plan on living for about another 50 years. so if ya want hit me up on aim 2 c if ya want 2 come 2 the smashfest. and i will search who u r b4 i say u can go cus i dont want ron knowing where it is. my screenname is spikeingking64 hit me up (well not ron)

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
With all due respect to DA/EA, I think it would be more respectable of the hosts to cancel the tournament. That will show a great amount of concern (which can be considered over protective) and care for the smash community. Even if this guy is locked up, what's to stop some other joker that wants to ride all of this hype and cause any type of scene. It's just not worth it. I think it would be in your best interest to reschedule. Plus you have so many great contenders who aren't gonna come anyway. I'm sure you guys want to make the best of it.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
hey people ya do wat ya want if this goes witout any real form of safety being presented i ain't goin serious n itz not i'm goin against my own crew itz that i'm thinkin about othas n the possiblity of sumthin bad happenin n i don't take threats lightly.9/11 is a great example of threats becomin a reality n so is otha events.that situation has 2 b completely clean as in ron needs help serious.wat i suggest is gauntlet b delay till next week or sumthin.i mean this is gauntlet people will alwayz come 2 this great event if not hey do ya i will n I MEAN I WILL NOT HAVE NO PART IN 2MORROWS EVENT.ONI163 IS MY SCREEN NAME IF U NEED 2 TALK 2 ME

some1 explain to me what 1 week will decide? since everyone is so worried that something will actually occur...if we delay it a week wouldn't it just be delaying the inevitable??

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Even if this guy is locked up, what's to stop some other joker that wants to ride all of this hype and cause any type of scene. It's just not worth it.
this makes no sense....are yous aying some1 will attempt to copycat a threat?? geez is this America or Afganistan?

I'm going to bed

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
some1 explain to me what 1 week will decide? since everyone is so worried that something will actually occur...if we delay it a week wouldn't it just be delaying the inevitable??
thats not a very reassuring post *thumbs down* lmao

D1

Banned via Administration
LOL @ Plank not to take away the seriousness of the situation.

But yeah, nowadays words can't be taken w/ a grain of salt, and because of that any minor threats could be the foreshadowing of something tragic.

And with that said, no matter how much I may believe tomorrow might be safe...just to go along w/ what the majority of the smashers voted for...its best already to cancel the event...instead just hold private fests and random locations tomorrow or something.

Better safe than sorry...not to point any fingers but if people feel threatened its kinda insensitive to make light of a situation that escalates to certain unfathomable heights. With all due respect...since no one will attend for the most part...might as well just postpone the event.

I apologize for the essay.

This is D1 signing off...and pointing out that Husband is psychic when it comes to knowin when to go to an NYC until they stop getting canceled/postponed/"pushed back"(lamen terms for retardz R us" XD)

Top Bottom