• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da/EA presents: Gauntlet APRIL29 wtf is this ****

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey everyone,
Well I have been reading the posts and hearing a lot of things over the pass few hours and needless to say that the Smash community is dealing with a very serious issue. As a community leader in the New York Smash Community I feel that I should say how I feel about the subject.

Starting from the beginning we all know where it started at KF and I’s Weekly tournaments. Even that incident alone bothered me. In case you’re wondering this is what I saw:
“ During the night of Friday April 28th, an incident occurs during the hours of 9:45pm and 10:00pm. In a tournament match a participant named “Ron” lost and became enraged. After hearing a loud thud I immediately walked to the back to investigate seeing him holding a black chair and throwing it towards the wall thus creating a hole. Seeing this I saw many of the players get up out of their seats and attempt to move away. Two players who knew him began to grab him to avoid anyone being hurt and slowly began to move him out of the digitalounge. While he was being moved out I went upstairs to notify Andrew and the police was then called. From there we waited for the police to arrive and took statements from the players involved.

That alone makes me upset. What boggles my mind is that this guy has been doing this for SOO LONG and NOT ONE PERSON THERE knew even his last name? Look, this isn’t the streets…withholding information from the cops is ILLEGAL…this is something that jeopardizes kids and teenagers lives….the people who knew his information should of stepped up and told me or the police where this kid lives. I know people were scared but him in cuffs will easily solve that issue. What bothers me most is that people like Hax, Jman, and Tag are there…these are kids….not 18-22 year olds but legit teenagers and Hax is what…13…14 years old….I don’t want people like that to see this and become afraid…its horrifying to see them just look scared wondering about a next time…when there shouldn’t be…especially after this.
Once this event occurs I see that he is posting about threatening to kill people in a post. Instead of a simple “we called the cops” we get a vague idea of what might happen such as this:

“I'm not at liberty to say how the issue has been dealt with; however Ron is under proper and constant supervision. That alone tells you he will not be in attendance. I understand everyone’s gripe about wanting details. I cannot give you those details because this is a LEGAL matter and it is in the midst of the legal process.

If I like so many of you was on the outside looking in, I would probably say I wouldn't come either. The fact is Ronald WILL NOT be there, and after a long discussion with DA and The Empire we have decided to have a very minimal police presense at the venue to ENSURE everyone's safety.

FYI everyone...there is a police precinct less than 1 block away, maybe some of this info will put some of your fears to bed.

The only way to really ensure safety is him in handcuffs. This guy not only put a wall in my store ….which I EXPECT to have him pay for…he is putting players endanger every time he plays. As stated before this is not a DA/EA or any groups matter but rather a public issue of clear and present danger. Would anyone on this board want to feel safe after hearing this? In my eyes no. This is something that can ONLY be resolved with him in a precinct or in jail. I not only recommend that but I in fact call for it only because it can then make people comfortable. I seriously hope that this is what is happening and not just some friends watching him. If it is I feel that no one there knows the seriousness of this situation. As I said…this isn’t some little thing that can be settled be individuals but by court of law.

Now here is where I feel the most upset. Triforce…for someone who is for the gaming cause your statement is one of the most FAKEST things I ever heard. In case people don’t know what I mean here:

“I know that I am not a smasher like you guys but I need you to understand something very important. Tomorrow the Gauntlet will have press coverage by PBS which wants to do a study on gamer communities and your community was selected as one of them. DA and I have discuss the current threat level situation that Ronald has made. I don't know what Ronalds problem is but this is crazy so we have decided to make a stand for you guys and the community as a whole.

Threats such as the one that Ronald is making will not be tolerated by DA, the Empire, the Smash Community or the Greater Gamer Community at large. DA does not want to do this but they can not allow one bad apple that can not be controlled to destroy this for everyone. So please...we implore you not to back down from this threat. I understand that your health is very important and we are making plans now to make sure that his threat is neutralized and handled. We are already speaking to local authorities to have Ronald Arrested for threatening the lives of the peaceful gamers of this community.

The GAUNTLET WILL CONTINUE!!!! The community needs this coverage by PBS because they will properly help express what gamers are like. Ronald is a horrible example and we are not scared to deal with him.

PS: Ronald...I'm really sad that it has to come to this but we must protect the many, and you have made your stand as our enemy selfishly because you can't control your temper. It is not too late to solve this problem if you turn yourself in and we can seek help for your anger management issue. If not then you will be arrested and processed by the full extent of the law.

Gamers don't back down from this come out and enjoy the Gauntlet as planned.

Gamers Against Violence.”

This upsets me the most…not only do you keep the event happening... (Which in this case is actually besides the point)...but the FIRST THING you mention is Publicity…It is as if you are more concerned with the possibility of being sponsored or publicity for empire then what has happene…I read the entire post and I could not help but go back to the opening lines…though you tried to explain yourself I feel that what I said before may possibly hold up :

“I know that I am not a smasher like you guys but I need you to understand something very important. Tomorrow the Gauntlet will have press coverage by PBS which wants to do a study on gamer communities and your community was selected as one of them”

That is not important…not at this point…I have dealt with WAY Bigger groups then PBS and I can say first hand that I call into question PBS selecting but more of Empire or an affiliate pushing for them. This is coming from someone who has done events for Blizzard (who made world of warcraft), Samsung, Bose, and real gaming leagues like World Cyber Games and other events. I seen cameras and such…as a personal who deals with such companies and media in general that doing a study on gamer communities’ means nothing…MTV has “done a study” true life I am a gamer…that did not go so well…but that is another aesthetic all together. Point being is that yes this could be a good opportunity but unless I hear the words “WE HAVE HAD RON ARESTTED” you will have a hard time convincing me or KF…heck many people that this is safe…and the ONLY way to get him arrested is to get this kids address to web2zone and actually help us prosecute this kid for destruction of property and threatening of human life.

Personally I look at it this way. He needs to be banned from smash, arresttted and convicted, and given professional help. No maybes….no..”We’ll handle this” because that mentality is what caused this in the first place.

The smash players are like my kids…they make me proud and I love each one of them more then life itself. Tag, Jman, Hax, KF, Team pleazy, Imperial Era, PC, Blast, Zro, and everyone I see at the weeklies I do put a smile on my face even when I am down…hell even Dav3 is cool too and he is a pain in the butt Point being I will not sit by and see them be in danger. You guys made me who I am from Long Island to the Bronx and I have no problem paying for entries, food, or random things. Adding to that…my girlfriend plays smash…am I to put the person who put my life back on track in danger?...would any of you…I love this girl just as much…hell even MORE then everyone of the smash players…she is the artist to my writing. I can even say I met her at a smash tournament. Just like all my smash players and all my friends in killa fleet…I wouldn’t be still dreaming without you guys.

To everyone that comes to my weeklies…I will post this there as well with messages about the situation of that. I know many are wondering so right now it is up in the air. Updates for me will come shortly. Beyond that everyone pm me and I will see about helping everyone invovled.

Alex Strife

PS if anyone wants to step up and help me do the right thing just contact me or Jay0yeah. We are gonna make sure this never happens again ANYWHERE. This inlcudes everywhere and everyone in the nyc area.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
ok first off i believe first and foremost that the gaming comminity should b protected as a whole. and what im hearing about a police station a block away is not that reassuring to me. never has the police come to the rescue so why should i assume that they will now? the police being there will not help but Ron being turned in will. truthfully i think no one should attend including DA but of course they will attend their own event in hopes to reassure players that it is safe. i strongly dissagree that it is safe.

on the issue of pbs, why the hell would u even mention that at all? shouldnt the satefty of the community matter more than pbs coverage? and who are they goin 2 interview if the smash community wont even be there. DA needs to use their minds on this one and do what is right.

Triforce i really admired you from way back in the pokemon center days, when i used 2 chill with you and your girl who used 2 work there. but now your making some terrible choices. no one wants you 2 cancel the tournament, wat smasher would ever want that, but if that means to protect the saftey of another, than i say you should at least postpone the event. as Drk Peach, Bum, and Emblem Lord are saying: better safe than sorry.

Other members of the smash community plan 2 take action such as me alex strife and JayOYea. i urge DA to tell all they know to the commuity and the police.

to Ron if you are reading this: i really do hope you turn yourself in or just stop playing games to begin with. I really look up to you as a friend because your a great person. i haven't really known you for long but i consider you 2 be a great friend. you are not a failure even though you might be thinkin that. Your life may be very stressful and hard for you, but you have friends who wouldn't mind carrying some of the burden you have on your shoulders. i think you just need to get a grip on your life and i wouldn't mind helping you with that.

to the entire smash community: i would advise just to chill at home or go to a friend's house to smash it up. rite now isn't the time to have any tournaments or bi weeklies with a potential danger around

Zro

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Da Apologies

NOW look everyone on behalf of DA we are sorry that an now ex-member has set this moment of inconvience for everyone. Ronald is a good person at heart i can say so myself everyone knows that but i am VERY DISAPPOINt in him and myself for letting this gone on as long as this **** has, he should have been kicked out the crew from jump but we left our freindship and or just human intincts override our morals(the things we suppose to do).
NOW look for those whom arent DA members liek ace marth and other ppl even though this whole thing is all messed up u have no right to announce that gauntlet is being cancelled that is up to the tounrey holders and also ppl. Dont take triforces post the wrong way the reason he is saying PBS IS COMING is to state the fact that we hvea to go thru this becuase they are going to come and eventually know why there is a gauntlet if it is cancelled which will cause our community to be pointed at(that answers ur comment Emerald lord).

SO PPL DONT POINT FINGERS OR NOTHIGN LIKE THAT. I KNOW GAUNTLET PROB WONT BE AS BIG CAUSE OF THIS BUT THE SHOW MUST GO ON BECUASE FOR THE SIMPLE FACT WHAT ABOUT THE PPL THAT DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS **** AND ARE COMING. WE HAVE TO KEEP THE **** GOING AND INFORM THEM WHATS GOING ON THIS THAT AND THE THIRD. SO BASICALLY ME AND THE REST OF DA ARE GOIGN TO RUN THIS AND TRY TO BE HEROS IF I DIE THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST. BUT LIKE I SAID GOD WILL GIVE RON HIS JUST DESSERTS I KNOW IT I AM ALSO GOING TO SEE IF WE CAN GET AN RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST HIM on NYCLAN. WE ARE GOING TO HANDLE THIS ****. I AM SORRY ONCE AGAIN TO EVERYONE IN THE SMASH COMMUNITY WITH THIS AND V-TECH IS NOT A GOD COMBINATION. AND ANOTHER REASON Y WE HAVE TO HOLD GAUNTLET IS TO PROVE TO EVERYONE THAT THE SMASH SCENE WONT DIE AND THE NEW YORK SMASH SCENE WONT DIE. THATS WHY THIS HAS TO GO ON, SORRY SMASHERS THE SHOW MUST GO ON PPL I LOVE YOU ALL PPL I AM TIRED OF RONALD ANTICS DA AND ESPECIALLY ME HAS STUCK OUR NECKS OUT FO HIM SO MANY TIMES ARE FREINDS AND HE STILL DOES THIS ****. AND ALSO BUM THANX MAN FOR HELPING ME RESTAIN THIS GUY US BEING THE ONLY 2 PPL TO DO SO AND ALSO I AM SORRY U MAY NOT AGREE WITH THIS BUT THE SHOW MUST GO ON.

RIGHT NOW AS I AM POSTING I AM TALKING OT HIM HE SEEMS CALMED DOWN BUT I AM NOT BUY THIS **** THIS TIME, THIS IS WHAT HAS TO BE DONE PPL ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN US THEN YAL WELCOME TO DO SO. THIS **** MAKES ME SO MAD THE WHOLE WEEKEND RUINED AND I HAVENT GOTTEN ANY ****ING SLEEP BEING LIKE THE ONLY PERSON THAT IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ****.

PS. ALSO IF WE DONT DO THIS AND I KNOW PPL WILL SAY WE CNA JUST MAKE UP **** TO GET PBS TO GO AWAY BUT NO THATS NOT SIMPLE BECUASE U KNOW WHY THEY CAN JUST SEE THE REAL REASON Y JUST A CLICK AWAY BY GOIGN ON SMASH BOARDS. THATS THE JUST OF IT

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alright I will see if I can talk to people...it will be hard but I will do my best. Call me if you need anything wes you got my cell....

Come on guys lets try to do this together if you have ANY info that can help you know who to talk to so lets just get this done and move on and back to the greatness that is the nyc smash scene.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Announcement

Gauntlet Is Still Happeninig Ppl And Also Ppl Since All This Happen Registration Will Start At 1130/12

So Whom Is With Me To Prove To Everynoe Else That It Will Be Safe Ronald Will Be Handled.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
That is an actual conversaion between Wes and Ronald..he will not be showing up to this tournament. He understands the gravity of it and he will be officially quitting smash bros. and staying away from the smash community. He will not be following up on his false statements.

Sucks to see some of you back out, but hope to see the others there.

He has been taken care of, once again.

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
Just wish these posts could have happened sooner, the majority of people who dont live in the city wouldnt have enough time to get to NYCLAN even if they wanted to. Id recommend holding a replacement gauntlet for circut ranking whatever because if it's just DA and people from NYC its going to not be accurate. I would still like Ron to make some sort of statement on the boards...I mean, if you have anger problems, you should probably go into an anger management class, you will feel a lot better afterwards trust me. I havent been into the city for months and I was so pumped to go, but I'm sure me and so many other smashers would choose safety over smash...even if PBS is there.

I look forward to going to the next gauntlet or whenever this stuff gets straightened out.

SockNinja

Smash Journeyman
good luck to everyone who attends and i mean good luck in general...

^ papa dav3 all day\

PS: SOCK NINJA AND I WENT MAILBOX BATTING YESTERDAY, BEST THING EVER!

Link226

Smash Ace
We can go and have friendlies right? I dont think i will be able to enter the tourney but me and my friends can go and have battles with DA....since it seems like a whole lot of people are not going.

D1

Banned via Administration
Yeah like just another post to reassure pplz and sh**.

-------------------------

No1000xs: I'm not serious

Auto response from D1MX: sleeping my life away till I wake up again...nightmare's can't hold me down anymore...I grew MOFUGGA!!! >_< YEAYUH!!! ^_^ *crip walks*

No1000xs: I was never serious about it

-------------------------

Anyway I'm not entering the tourney being that its mad late and sh** I'm just gonna go to work or show up late : /.

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Severly Disappointed

I would like to say that I am at this point severely, SEVERELY disappointed. It is not directed immediately at Ronald, but at the smash community as a whole. I am in agreement that what Ronald did was clearly uncalled for. It was not needed and to some it may have been unsettling. But you know what, things happen. Plain and simple. This is not me trying to downplay the situation. This is me saying that I am disappointed that so many in the community chose to fan the flames of this incident with NEGATIVE opinions and thoughts, as opposed to purely positive items.

Everyone is really quick to say that the way to help Ronald is to send him jail. So tell me, if a family member was engaged in such an incident, and there were multiple positive ways to help them, would you really pick jail, a quite negative choice, as the place to send them to? How absurd is that? Yes, if it gets to the point where there is no OTHER alternative, then it is what it is. To jump into sending a family member to jail is just ludicrous and deplorable and is in poor taste by many of you. It is also something that I am sure many to all of you would not even consider doing. To tell us to do that is despicable.

To take things even further back, how is it that so many people can post on what you have only seen and not been involved in? Yes, you witnessed a human display intense emotions, and out of those emotions actions/words came out that were not needed. This entire situation is being handled internally, as it should be. For individuals in the community to speculate, pour gas, light fires, destroy any progress that we are making is something within yourselves that you should detest. Within DA/EA, we know this is something that we can and are handling the right way for us. The events that transpired are done and over with. Property was destroyed and yes, you are all correct in saying that he should be held accountable for his actions. However, that is an obvious statement, and does nothing to add to the positive aspects of this situation. In plain English, no one outside of the DA/EA family is knowledgeable of the internal workings of the family, so you cannot and should not post on matters as such.

For individuals saying that we should cancel Gauntlet, saying its a smart move for us to make, telling us that we have no choice but to cancel the event, who are you to say as such? To tell other people not to go to our event and other smash related events for fear of their safety is THE MOST DESPICABLE thing you can. That is in essence telling people that they cannot live their lives as they choose. And it is the most damaging thing that you can do to the situation. And yet so many people do it with reckless abandon. I will guarantee that if this was your family member, you would choose to deal with this with more tact and discreetness. I am thoroughly displeased with the actions of many of you and I will let you know that THAT is serious coming from me as it takes an extraordinary amount of BS to make me this displeased.

I never call people out. I never do. I am breaking this rule because I have zero alternative and because the soon to be mentioned individuals have made it a point to pour excessive amounts of gas on the situation.

Alex Strife & The Members of Killa Fleet who have posted negatively:

- I am 100% disgusted, shocked, and just disheartened that you were all so swift to escalate this situation. What your posts have done is essentially spark and promote paranoia and frustration. To tell people that a tournament that you are not even running is cancelled, did you even think about the repercutions of that? Regardless of where you got that information, and regardless of it validity, did you really think it was YOUR place to make a mention of such things? Did you really think that comments like those would HELP the situation? Did you think that it would make people feel MORE secure? If you did, then I have no idea what was coursing through your heads. Not only were many of your comments that were not FACT actually fabricated and sensationalized, they were just NOT NECESSARY. It is not your place at ALL to comment on anything that happens internally to us. Even commenting on facts/incidents in a manner which is not positive is just wrong. If at any point we felt that attending our tournament was an unsafe move for members of the community, we would have cancelled the tournament. Yes, you are free to conjure up your own thoughts and opinions on the matter, but if they are not positive and constructive and just feed into the paranoia, why would you make them?

Alex, the manner in which you are presenting your arguments/comments is absolutely full of shame. You are fueling fires, and quite frankly, making yourself out to be a person larger than you are. A father protecting his "kids" so to speak would choose to contain the situation and keep the circulation of such comments and information down to a minimum to prevent backlash which may endanger your kids in other ways. I honestly cannot stake any faith in a word you say. It is one thing to speak on the subjects at hand with key people involved, and then work things out with them internally, while letting those less knowledgeable know only what they really NEED to know and keeping your thoughts and opinions neutral. That is one thing. The other is something else altogether which bleeds of many other motives not beneficial to the community.

To all of you claiming that this tournament is only going on for the sake of publicity and because EA/DA are looking for media exposure, I am going to have a hard time looking at any of you the same way again. It's as simple as that. It was unbeknownst to us that media was even going to be covering the event, that was an "after the fact". One of the main reasons we wanted to keep the tournament going was because humans such as yourselves invested extraordinary amounts of their time into this event. The reason there is the phrase "The show must go on" is because people hate seeing their time and dedication go to waste. Many of you are feeding into negative hype and drama, and convinced yourselves that for your safety, it wasn't within your best interests to go. That is not to say that there aren't any people who were at Web2Zone and were genuinely freaked out by the events that went on there and because of those, decided to skip Gauntlet. That is understandable as you are human, and perhaps need more time to think, reflect, and internally comprehend the situation than others. To spread and impose your views on others is where you go from innocent to just as guilty as the bloodthirsty masses. It is THAT quality that you are displaying which is probably the most detrimental to the well being of all in the community. If people were really interested in supporting the community and about playing and having a good time, you would have chosen to go to our tournament, and told others to do so as well, in essence saying that regardless of what happens to us, we do what we do, and thats play Smash. What the reality is, is that many people are saying is "I am choosing to look out for my well being, as opposed to entering a tournament to win money." And that is the plain and honest truth. There are people who were in mid transit from 6 hours upstate who still decided to come and play because they wanted the experience that a Gauntlet provides. They wanted to support the community and have a great time, and that is what they are doing. The media coverage that everyone is blaring on about is 100% secondary, and clearly isn't at all what everyone is thinking it is. They wanted to see people like yourselves having a great time and enjoying what you do, which is take a game called Super Smash Brothers Melee and have the best time in the world playing it. They wanted to see players of all types playing games of all types and just being gamers of all types. It's all about people having fun playing games with other people, which many of your are not doing at this moment because you chose to feed into negativity. And that's that.

Honestly, I have not much else to say. I am sure a huge number will blah blah blah all over this post, claiming to know all sorts of things that they just don't know to be fact. Once you take anything out of context, anything can mean anything, and that's just the way things are. When you don't know the current state of a situation, all you can do is speculate. That just snowballs and leads to the situation we have at hand. A lot of people knowing nothing, spouting out anything and everything, and ruining a great and unique community from the inside out. I usually tell people to get a hold of me if they want to speak on the matter, but really, I have seen what many of you have to say, and I don't want to read anymore of it, much less hear it come from your mouths.

Play the game. Have your fun. Forget the rest.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
after just talking to kubuu and just calming myself down...I have to agree with him...

I said how I felt and I think a lot of us were explaining how we feel...yet at the same time I have a personal duty as a tournament director to think clearly and calmly...for that I apologize...on the same note as a human being and seeing kids that, as i said, do mean a lot tome terrified made me upset and I think I unfortunately crossed the line between justice and just flat out anger ( I would say vengeance but for me that is too strong of a word and can be taken out of context.)

So what does this mean for the tournament scene in NYC?...well...we just move on. In thinking about everything I remember other instances in life that caused uproars. Players and friends a like should not let this stop them from coming to a kf event or a da event. Why? In my years of doing tournaments I have never seen a group that I respect so much. That being said it is only natural that we dont let one thing wear us down. When we lose a venue what do we do? Find another. When we are overwhelmed? We get help. When we lose what happens? We try again.

Ya what I am writing maybe a little dramatic but I am hoping it inspires people to get up and come out. As far as I know Da is not gonna stop Gaunlet and their biweeklies...and I wont stop my Weeklies and Zenith Tournaments. So lets go...move on...and start putting things back together.

As I said to you on the phone kubuu lets put something together for the players...no matter the venue or date...lets do it. Time, Place, Date...lets all meetup KF and DA and see what we can do together for everyone.

P.S. - Wes we gotta talk in private about everything so call me after gaunlet or im me later tonite.

BUM163

Smash Lord
hmmm idk wat 2 say.dire mouth like i said is 2 much i don't understand that kid.he callz everyone in the smash communinty that didn't want 2 go 2 gauntlet chickens/***** because media was gonna b there?is that really important dire?i bet u u show parents wat ron said n tell them wat the short hop laser means n i bet u it could of been worse they probably would of protest against tournaments all 2gether.dire is a great example of stupidness n i won't bother 2 deal wit sumone like that no one.plus from wat he sayin i don't help out so i'm gonna make it 2 b that way 4 real.the gurl in nightclan is right this is 100 percent my doin cuz i ain't gonna have kids or anyone being hurt sorry i take life more serious than a videogame anytime.triforce i know u doin these big things thatz great but u make it seem like u don't care man n i respect u alot but **** dawgs u couldn't at least delay it or sumthin?u would of got more people just 2 hold it one week.people just wanna make sure ron was ok n see watz gonna happen wit him.anyway from wat dire told me like i said i do nothin 2 help n so does nightclan n i guess thatz how it is so i'm done wit da n if so also empire.i'll b a regular smash player

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I agree with Kubuu's post. I wasn't there when it happened, so all I have to go by is Ron's post on the boards, and stories other people have told me, both of Friday and of things that happened years ago. I don't know Ron so I'm not going to make a judgement of whether or not he's a good person. If I was there when it happened, I'd probably have been freaked out and not gone. This is because I'm human and would need some time off after such an event. Does this mean I'll never go to NYC for smash again? Of course not, that's ridiculous. The reason I'm not going to this gauntlet is because it's on a Sunday and I have a test on Monday. If you host a Gauntlet in August, I'll probably be able to go because I don't have school then. Or on a Saturday after 5/5 that doesn't conflict with other tournaments in the New England/NYC/NJ area...

Good luck with this event. You sure need it after what happened. :)

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
I dont know what the **** is going on, but there is a lot of emotions being thrown around and I need to know whats going on. Whats all this talk about and I refuse to read every single post in this thread to find out whats going on.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
look the event is going on lets talk about that...everything else should be PM or IM...so far a good amount is there so lets wait til someone comes back and posts how it was.

BUM163

Smash Lord
i don't agree wit it cuz i know ron good enough.lets not 4get he punch a kid b 4 in the face or he mess up dave's apartment or mess up otha places where he was banned.me n wes had 2 wrestle this dude so he can calm down.i'm keepin it real this time could of been the time that could of snapped n not give a ****.it was way 2 risky n then i could of imagine me sayin oh yea go 2 gauntlet n i know ya n then ya go n ron start actin crazy i'm gonna look really really bad.i can understand wat d.a did fine yea b strong but sumtimes being strong is being stupid n sumtimes u got 2 know when 2 retreat n fight anotha day

Double N Dann

Smash Journeyman
SUNY cobleskill... where kids get 3 stocked 3 on 1
for the record SNITCHING IS NOT COOL AT ALL AND ONLY ***** *** ******* do it. alex strife you should not be telling people to snitch, because all that will do is prolly get they *** beat even worse than ron throwing a chair at their ugly face.

so don't tell people to snitch you ****in *****

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
dude...seriously I am not gonna even respond to such a childish comment...either way I hope the event is going well.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wow man I've been lurking this thread for the longest waiting for this event to go down and see who comes out on top. It's disappointing that the gauntlet participation will not be quite as big because of recent events but I'm very happy to know that everyone is safe. Especially with the whole VT thing and now to to receive such a threat, man that has to be scary and quite devastating. Good luck to everyone who went and I hope you all have a great time. :)

imareject

Smash Apprentice
Getting pissed off, even punching a wall can slide... but to continue rage onto the forums in the form of a gun threat "short hop laser"........ come on. it's no disrespect to DA, ppl just don't feel comfortable going to play video games when someone threatens ppl's lives. Things are sortin themselves out, im sure da and his friends are taking care of him and his situation. It sucks now that this is in the air each time a gaunlet comes around, but ull still see in nyc again.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Triforce Posting

This is Triforce Posting:

I'm at the Gauntlet and lets just say what is done is done. Things like this happen. I'll make an announcement within the next couple of days to try to make amends to this horrible weekend. Nothing is held against anyone. We've neutralized the Ronald situation and it is being taken care of. I understand that you guys were worried about your safety and that is completley understandable.

Until then.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
for the record SNITCHING IS NOT COOL AT ALL AND ONLY ***** *** ******* do it. alex strife you should not be telling people to snitch, because all that will do is prolly get they *** beat even worse than ron throwing a chair at their ugly face.

so don't tell people to snitch you ****in *****
That's either the stupidest post I've ever read in my life, or one of the best satirical posts I've ever read in my life. Bravo.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Well I am glad I sand bagged against Ron when I played him. But I couldn't come anywayz (lack or ride), then this **** man if this guy seriously causes this much problems and threatens people over it why does he play. Now the media is gonna have a feild day about Video Games causing bad people/incidents.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This is Triforce Posting:

I'm at the Gauntlet and lets just say what is done is done. Things like this happen. I'll make an announcement within the next couple of days to try to make amends to this horrible weekend. Nothing is held against anyone. We've neutralized the Ronald situation and it is being taken care of. I understand that you guys were worried about your safety and that is completley understandable.

Until then.
Coming from Rhode Island i'm sincerely glad to hear this update and i hope your day has been going wonderful.. i'm sure everyone there is a little bit anxious but keep your heads up high ya know...

This situation is a tense one, does it mean i won't go to NY to smash, nope i still owe WarriorKnight a bowser ditto for serious but yea from what i;ve read its just a scary time.. lets just idk take things slow...

Has Ronald been contacted since the incident?

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
All of you cowards talking **** in this thread can suck a ****. You people are the ****ign reason I stopped playing this game.

Has Ronald been contacted since the incident?
I'm talkin to him right now and he's cool as always after calming down. He's doing his thing which is his business, no of yours. You have nothing to worry about cause he isn't going to do **** and all you people that decided its cool to cheap shot people on internet forums can go to hell.

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I came "late", and was only able to have some friendlies with Jash, which kicked ***, but still, I just got there. :( Gauntlets usually end at around 12AM so I was surprised. Oh well.

Big_R

Smash Champion
those threats were the gayest things i've ever seen. different kind of shl. hahahaha

but yeah, results?

Jash

Smash Lord
I had some good friendlies with Starz, Dire, and Kubuu. This was really good, i came kinda late but yea it was still good. I was definitely expecting a lot of people but everyone got scared and....whatever. The results are no one got shot....except by Short Hop Lasers but yea. I had a lot of fun in the GAUNTLET which NO ONE went to. It was a stupid threat and nothing more. No one got killed....only by shines but yea. Ya should of been there.....ya should of. Anyways shout outs i guess.

Dire: Lets do a G&W ditto!!!! lol i hate you, but you taught me a lot today with your sick Yoshi and your Roy *who i never thought you used* but hes really good. We need to have more friendlies man...its fun.

Kubuu: Nice one, i never fought a Link and Y.Link like yours, its pretty original. We need more G&W dittos *if ya know what i mean* ;).

Starz: i hate you, nah im jk its actually the opposite. Thank you for the intense fox training, i feel confident about fighting him now....nah im kidding no im not....because i cant beat you! Your really good man, we really need more friendlies.....is always crazy fun fighting your fast broken thing.

Team Epic: We all did good....except on Cactuar but you know hes pro....i wanted to play him. Anyway good job you guys, glad to be on the team.

Everyone else.....ya should of came......nuff said.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
Truman Show!!

Ok well I had a great time at Gauntlet. Me and Kubuu, team KNIGHT HIM! great effort my friend.....we'll get them next time. Not too bad of a turn out even after all the stuff that wuz going on. Still loving gauntlets and enjoying the time i spend w/ my friends, cuz once i get married i wont have ne more of that. but that's on another note.

NOW!!! lets talk about the real issue. Ron. The man gets angry and does things out of anger. That's him, we want him to get anger management and he openly admits he wants to get help now which is a huge step in the right direction.

HOWEVER!! RON IS STILL OUT THERE AND HE COULD BE SAYING THAT JUST SO PPL COULD BE AT EASE AND THEN PPL SHOW UP TO A NORMAL KF WEEKLY AND THEN BOOM!! MORE KILL COUNT! SMART ONE RON!!

ok....I propose Truman Show Idea....evry1 in the smash community w/ the exception of DA cuz we're realists. Put all ur money together and create a world w/ all these video cameras....this way we kno where Ron is at all times this way evry1 in the smash community feel SAFE at SMASH TOURNAMENTS. I think my idea is a pretty good idea....or handcuff him to his heater and have a camera w/ webcast so we know where he's at at all times. HOW ABOUT WE frame him for a serious crime so he's locked up forever and we'll know he's in jail....then we'll feel safe when going to a smash tournament.

WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG W/ YOU PPL!! OMG!! WOW!! IF YOU DIDNT WANT TO COME TO GAUNTLET BECUZ U FELT FEAR OVER WHAT YOU SAW (IF U WERE THERE) OR WHAT U READ, FINE WE UNDERSTAND! BUT DONT TELL US TO CANCEL OUR OWN TOURNAMENT AND SAY ITS FOR THE BETTER OF THE COMMUNITY. THE COMMUNITY KNOWS WHAT WENT DOWN...THEY HAVE THE OPTION OF GOING OR NOT. WE'RE NOT TWISTING ARMS AND MAKING THEM GO NEWHERE. MYSELF AND DA ARE GOING CUZ WE'RE NOT AFRAID OVER WHAT WENT ON, WE KNOW RON AND THEREFORE WE WENT AND HAD A GREAT TIME. WHAT HAPPENED THE DAY AFTER 9/11???? DID PPL STOP GOING TO WORK THE NEXT DAY CUZ THEY FELT FEAR, OVER THE FACT THAT A PLANE MIGHT CRASH INTO THEIR BUILDING? HUH!!! NO!!! THEY HAD TO GO TO WORK. S**T HAPPENS. YO U KNOW WHAT PPL....STAY IN UR HOUSES AND DONT COME TO SMASH TOURNAMENTS. IN FACT NEVER COME TO ANOTHER SMASH TOURNAMENT AGAIN..... WHEN U B*TCHES DECIDE TO COME OUT, BRAWL WILL BE OUT AND WE WILL BE GODLY AND U WILL JUST SURRENDER UR MONEY TO US AT THE TOURNAMENTS!! HA!HA!HA!

but seriuosly...what is 2 weeks gonna do? Ron will stilll be out there free to do whatever he wants, it wont change a thing whether u show up today or next week or the week after that. nothing changes. but watever....good stuff today guyz...had a hell of a time. Will CONTINUE to show up to gauntlets, Ron get help man, we want u to get better. Ur a good man, dont forget that. Goodnight Smashers. LOL....my man Chris. EDGECOMB SON! THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT! EDGECOMB! lol.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I want a Gaaaame and Watch dittoooooo.

Good clean fun was had today, ROFL. I'm bringing a camcorder next time.

Shoutouts?

Kubuu: Nothing needs to be said that already hasn't been said, sir. It was an extreme pleasure seeing you and your friends again. Thanks for having us.

Wes: You're too good, even though I had you in both singles and doubles but you're a dirty dirty dirty cheater, but that's all gravy son, ROFL. Great fun to play and great fun to chill with, it was an honor.

Dire: I want a Gaaaaame and Watch dittooooooooo. We actually didn't get to play, but the name game on the way to the venue was fun. And yes, Kubua for the win. She's getting there.

Jay: Stop kneeing me, preez. Good to meet you, and I hope I get to see you again. Good ish in teams...you definitely had us on the ropes. And yeah, my Mario for the lose. Told ya, hahaha.

Compton: AGAIN, man. AGAIN. ALWAYS a pleasure to see you, hahahaha. As with Jay, incredible ish on teams. I wasn't letting you get near the Sheik though, son. I had a mission to complete!! Have a safe trip. ^_^

Raffy: Oh, look. You three stocked me. A bajillion times in a row! Hahaha, those friendlies were too intense...you gotta share your secrets with me, son. I can do it to other people, but I don't know how to get around it myself. Educate me, man!

Everyone I played: Thanks for the matches. I hope I'll be back soon.

Western New York: So, I have this idea, right? We should try not fighting each other a million times in brackets. Maybe. We'll see. I'm proud of how we did, though, so amazing props to GameFreak (3s for Es?), PikaPika! (Thunderstone, *****!), and Kubua (a.k.a. Ruka a.k.a. BEAST a.k.a. ****s *****es the **** up!).

I want a Gaaaaame and Watch dittoooooooo.

Kubuu > Life

Wes > Me

Yoshi > All

The end. Good day to you.

gamefreak2006

Smash Cadet
Despite the low turnout, I still had an amazing time, props to DA for holding an amazing tourney.

Wes, you are too good, your spacing with samus is too **** accurate, I just couldn't keep up. Nice job on first place too, since your samus inspired me to play her, I love watching you beast on people, next time we're gonna have some samus dittos.

Kubuu, thanks for the invite to your place and directions for getting us out of the city, we are terrible drivers. Good stuff in teams too, every time I see your Link you surprise me with something new. It was a pleasure to see you again, hopefully it won't be a year before we can play again.

Dire, nice to finally meet you, those friendlies were too much fun, G&W is too good, but only the red one. Frosted Flakes>Cinnamon toast crunch.

Comp, it was a pleasure to see you/play you again, your peach still impresses me every time I see you play. Too bad you can't come out to BFWNY4, but have fun in Europe. I look forward to the next time I can play you.

To the c. falcon player (sorry, I'm bad with names), nice friendlies and good job tearing my team a new one. I always love playing new people. Next time I come down there I want some more friendlies, maybe a few MM?

To my rochester crew, its about time we stopped scrubbing out at tourneys. Now, if only we could get seeded brackets so we stop playing each other in the effing 3rd round. Sorry to gimp you shiri, but your ganon is too good for me to take lightly. PikaPika, you should've stayed sheik against me, but good stuff in messing up my sheik. You guys are an awesome team, too bad pika got headshotted by wes. Ruka, you had cactuar, that lucky upsmash from marth was garbage. And last, but definately NOT least, the guy in the white van. Thanks for the ride to the gas station when our car ran out of gas (the light was on for like an hour, lol j/k ruka.) And thanks for not pulling a silence of the lambs on me, I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom