• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3's mindgames>?

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
What are D3's mind games to do against the oppenent? like whats are the best moves to catch them off guard i guess?

K 2

Smash Lord
Forward smash...(god...the range on this thing is INSANE). But seriously, try charging your fsmash to punish spotdodgers. Dashdance? Shield dashing? They all work as "mindgames" to a certain extent.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Spam waddles from a distance, when they get closer use F-tilt a couple times and then when the opponent catches on that they're getting a faceful of hammer, RAR-> B-air

Also, CG, but mix it up with a dThrow->F-smash toward the edge

J4pu

Smash Champion
knocking your opponent's controller out of their hand, then knocking them off the side at 0% to their death. You gotta yell out "MINDGAMES, SON!" really loud though.

Polar

Smash Rookie
Lol dedede doesn't have a lot out side of his D throw...
The ability to kill at 17% isn't at all appealing to you?

"Mind games" is a ridiculous term. They're basically "predictions" that one uses to coax another player into getting hit. This can really only be done after the match has progressed for some time and you've already made mechanical movements.
For example: If you're being edge guarded, and constantly Up + Bing into an attack that just sends you back over the edge, then one "mind games" technique would be to Up + B but cancel and sweet spot the edge.

All in all, they're situational and there's no true way to play "mind games" on a good player.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Waddle Dee follow ups. Trow two, jump over them, press A to throw the front one, and then use WoP to finish them of.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Pivot dancing is also a good mindgame. Dash, run a little, pivot, run a little, pivot, and then surprise with a QDA. (quick dash attack=c-sitck down while dashing)

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Sometimes this works, but it will probably only work once on a good opponent:

You have to know what options your opponent's character has and how fast they can execute them. Now, at a good distance depending on your opponent, start charging an fsmash. If they charge in, smash'em. If they SH aerial, smash'em. If they run up and shield, the smash will move them away where you can ftilt'em. If they run up and spotdodge, keep charging then punish.

If they stand back in safety - and here's the mindgame - let it go, fully or almost fully charged, then as they rush to punish, grab&techchase/CG/ftilt/dtilt/whatever. Punishing smashes from a safe distance barely ever works in this game.

But anyway, this won't work on everyone (anyone with a projectile, especially) and you have to judge the distance and speed of the character well. And that's the problem with asking for mindgames... they are never certainties, like combos or techniques. Hell, even combos are never certain in this game. It always depends on your opponent. The main thing I'd say is to be observant of your foe, watch how he reacts and how he moves. Learn to notice patterns. At the pro level, the ability of the players to do this is INSANE and in a game like Brawl with little tech skill to practice, is the biggest difference between average and excellent players. How smart you play, and the "mindgames" that result from it.

Predict, fake out, condition, punish.
That's mindgaming, in short. The "x" factor of the game that can't really be explained in a simple definition.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
What are D3's mind games to do against the oppenent? like whats are the best moves to catch them off guard i guess?
Best move to catch them off guard is Inhale it setups for gimps and it also Spikes and has a glitch it is too good. :)

PhilMcCloud17

Smash Cadet
Start the game. Throw two W-dees or Doos. Then just hold down on the control stick.

Who can name a better "mindgame" than KD3's crouch stance. lol

Tero.

Smash Champion
Never ever use the word mindgame if you don't know what you're talking about.
Thank you.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
inhale to inhale , lol ddd is kinda straight foward. downthrowing foward that is >________<

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Can someone explain to me how to improve my mindgaming skillz? I really suck at predicting my opponent and all. Just what can i do to get better at this?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Can someone explain to me how to improve my mindgaming skillz? I really suck at predicting my opponent and all. Just what can i do to get better at this?
Theres no way to improve mindgames skills you just gotta play smart, Dash dancing helps a bit (lol) but theres a high chance you might trip also following your CG's with different stuff like Inhale or F-tilt's helps.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
IS there anyway to not be predictable? I am to predictable and i keep getting punished for it. Opponents can read me like a book X_X

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
IS there anyway to not be predictable? I am to predictable and i keep getting punished for it. Opponents can read me like a book X_X
We could play if you want and I could say you what you should and shouldn't do.

Just don't spam the same moves over and over again like if all you do in the match is approach the enemy and CG him all the match your opponent will actually start dodging your grabs and punishing you for it so in summary stop doing the same Mistakes over and over again.

Tero.

Smash Champion
First: stop abusing the word "mindgame"
seccond: get experience
third: get more experience

there you go

Theres no way to improve mindgames skills you just gotta play smart, Dash dancing helps a bit (lol) but theres a high chance you might trip also following your CG's with different stuff like Inhale or F-tilt's helps.
loldashdance

Top Bottom