• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Just let the organizers figure everything out. It will be successful.

Also gimpy, we have to do bowser dittos here. Regardless of if you play melee a lot still or not. The last time we played was FC and I sucked then D:

So if this smashbus deal is really serious, because it is def an amazing idea, we should make a thread and plan out a route and times for each stop.

sounds like a really long trip tho
6 months is a long time to plan. what we're going to do is we're going to geographically pick the best points for each state we pass through to pick up smashers at. We'll have a site for online registration, and once its full, its full. Niko or I will post threads for the smash bus in 3 of the following regional zones. The Atlantic south. the Atlantic north, and the southwest.

Its gonna work out. No worries.

I think that's the biggest problem I see with it. I MIGHT do it if the kinks are worked out, I'd be taking it from Florida. I may also fly.

Ideally you wouldn't want the bus to travel down the entire east coast. IMO you should have at least two buses. One can pick up north east coast for the most part, and maybe go through the midwest. The other can pick up south east coast and go through Texas? Just a thought. Other things to think about:

1) Will you guys be sleeping on the bus? Or will you stop at motels or something to sleep?
2) If you are planning on not stopping, how many drivers are you gonna need? Drivers need sleep.
3) Would bus drivers actually be willing to leave their home for like a week-ish for drive people to play smash? Or will smashers be driving?
4) If smashers are driving, I think you're gonna need to get bus licenses. Don't know how long they take to get, people should figure it out and you should get the people planning on driving (probably multiple people) to get on that.
These are all good questions.

1) Yes, we will be sleeping on the bus. The seating will be similar to an airplane seating as well, so there will be enough room.
2) That is up to the company after we tell them what we want and so on. They've done this stuff before, so I'm sure they can work something out.
3) I'm pretty sure that's what they're paid for.
4) Smashers will NOT be driving. Paid drivers are going to be hired as stated.

You can get info on the buses and what not here,

http://www.usabuscharter.com/CharterBus-BusWraps.html

I have also considered the two buses idea. A group of smashers can organize the other trip.

JFox

Smash Hero
I really hope that there isn't gonna be a cap on the amount of people, I would love to see how many melee entrants this tourney could get nowadays. Hopefully if there is a cap, its a cap on how many people can enter each event, and not how many total people can be at the venue. This way you don't have 300 entrants for brawl, making melee limited to 100 people for example.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Well if you guys wanna cram 100 people in a 70 person bus, lol

>_<

I'd like to see the same, trust me. This event needs to be as big as possible, and this bus idea is helping smashers who don't have money for a plane, travel to this event. :)

The King

Smash Ace
Heh =)

The only cap we had in mind was an entrant cap per event. We're thinking of something safe, like say 450-500 people or something. While we would LOVE to see that kind of cap reached, we of course want to see as many people as possible show up who would like to. The only reasons we really want to make a cap are 1.) for time constraint purposes, and 2.) to give us some sort of a max-entrant scenario as far as pools & brackets go, so we can remain on-track throughout the tourney's schedule.

Rest assured...when you guys see this venue, you'll know just why we don't need a maximum capacity set for smashers at the venue. Wrigley Field ain't got **** on us, lolol. =)

Dammmmmmnnnnnitttt.....There's so much I want to tell you guys about our progress in just the last couple days, but it'll need to wait just a bit longer. Just find solice in the fact that today was as good as it gets for us, as far as setting this thing up. Expect bombshells on Tuesday guys =D

King Out

PB&J

Smash Hero
this bus idea is beast i was just talking about this idea to dj nintendo last week saying if i had enough money i would rent it for only smashers for they can save money and have fun road trips..plus the video footage will be like a movie...pleas organize this right, and obv we need at least wo buse maybe three. be sides that we just need to figure out diving and the due date for the money or something, but the idea is good and lets use our heads to the fullest for epicness..just picture all the vids on youtube from every bus..tournies crew battles and thats before e get to genesis..too good

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Australia wants in. By which I mean Caotic and whoever else has an obscene amount of money to be travelling overseas for Smash.

Who will $4000 MM me in Pokemonz 4th gen so I can pay for my expenses?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I wub you King <3

flying to SF is so much cheaper than flying to NY for aussies

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Just let the organizers figure everything out. It will be successful.

6 months is a long time to plan. what we're going to do is we're going to geographically pick the best points for each state we pass through to pick up smashers at. We'll have a site for online registration, and once its full, its full. Niko or I will post threads for the smash bus in 3 of the following regional zones. The Atlantic south. the Atlantic north, and the southwest.

I have also considered the two buses idea. A group of smashers can organize the other trip.
With all of these people interested, I'm starting to think we might need two buses.

It might be easier to have one bus go from New England/Tri-state area to NC/VA via I-95 (picking people up along the way, since I-95 goes through Baltimore, DC, and Richmond) Find a place to pick-up NC, then take I-4O to Barstow, Cali, take 58 (where 40 ends) to 99 to 120 to 5 to 205 to 580 to 680 to 4 to some road near Antioch.

The other bus could start from somewhere in FL i.e. Fort Laurderdale, Tampa, Orlando. Find it's way to Jacksonville if there are people there, idk. Take I-75 to around Atlanta to pick up GA. I know that I-20 runs through Atlanta, Birmingham, and Dallas/Fort Worth (possible pick-up spots?). Switch from I-20 to I-10 which goes through El Paso, Tuscon, and Phoenix. 10 merges into I-215 which merges into I-15N which brings you to Barstow again.

Just a thought though...

Yea, I have a lot of time right now.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
3 buses? hmm... I'm sure if Niko and Mooney plan it well enough, and each "region" can pay, it could work out. Once again, depends on who's interested.
I really don't wanna exhaust my mind again by saying that

I have nothing to do with the planning of the bus trip. I was spreading the idea and explaining rough drafts of what would/may happen.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well my friend was telling me if we are renting charter buses then we're not allowed to rip apart the buses in order to plug in copies of smash into the TV's.
i'm sure something can be arranged bro.

btw, smash bus divisions should just be split right across the map

have Maine down to NC, and SC down to FL.

Maine-NC will drive across the Midwest maybe picking up some smashers along the way
SC-FL will drive down to Texas and across the Southwest, then making their way up to NorCal.

Eggm

Smash Hero
i'm sure something can be arranged bro.

btw, smash bus divisions should just be split right across the map

have Maine down to NC, and SC down to FL.

Maine-NC will drive across the Midwest maybe picking up some smashers along the way
SC-FL will drive down to Texas and across the Southwest, then making their way up to NorCal.
Let the race begin.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Ok so I just got the best smasher in germany interested in coming on the smash bus since its cheaper than going to CA.

Am I amazing yet?

also, The mooney express will **** all buses.

Multiple bus trips organized by different people would be great.

I also had another great idea. Europeans are very un organized aparently, and poor, and not all can afford to come all the way to Cali. I propose that we create a bus specifically for international smashers, starting from either florida, or rhode island/the closest place to europe.

Good idea? It would help increase the international attendance rediculously, and I'm probably doing it myself with Germanys best smasher, kJaB.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
with all these buses... who the hell is gonna be the drivers?
Me, it'd be a good way to learn how to drive.

I'd have the pro smashers backseat driving for me.
"What you have to do is wait at the red light. You see, with the proper mindset, you will be able to go almost instantly once the light turns green. You want to drive to win. See that car coming up on the left? Speed up and get in front of it. That way you put pressure on the driver."

S0FT

Smash Ace
"See how we are all dead? That means you lost the game."
"Don't be so hard on him. I'm sure he will do better next time!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom