• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frames

DI
complaining about banning the bro who didn't pick the bro up is more un bro like

on topic - has anyone gotten an estimate/quote for this bus yet?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Ohio love?
I hope i don't have to drive too far to ride.

one smashbus thread for a headcount is a great idea.

bros shouldn't be modded if the bromodz are bros.

All aboard the smashbus!

Renth

Smash Hero
People are trying to get me interested into coming to this... Even though i'm a washed up scrub who hasn't played in over 8 months...

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
The year of Genesis is almost upon us.

And with the new year, comes the dawning of a new age. A new era of Smash Bros.

Bound by fate, bound by the ties between our fellow bretherin... Together we are strong. Together we stand united with a message that will shatter the very foundation of the world.

And that is...

"MY **** HURTS!!!"

Count Spin-Dash IN on this action! Let's do this!!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Can someone in the Bay Area recommend me a nice hotel that is well-priced? I'll end up splitting with other Australians so anything up to $300 would be fine. Somewhere close to BART and in SF is a bonus, thx ~

Spife

Smash Master
I am HY-YIPED for this. And the smash buss, but I'll probably something something you.

PB&J

Smash Hero
wedef needatleast two smash bus's but im sure we can get a good deal..just see what the minumum and the max people we can have for each bus...nana is pretty good these days by the way

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
For the route there. We are going to have to follow a very strict highway path, and make sure not to detour off of the highways to pickup other smashers too often. In order to accomplish this and to minimize the amount of time spent on the bus, I'm going to work out a route with designated pickup points.

Planning starts tomorrow.
Though this post might help...
With all of these people interested, I'm starting to think we might need two buses.

It might be easier to have one bus go from New England/Tri-state area to NC/VA via I-95 (picking people up along the way, since I-95 goes through Baltimore, DC, and Richmond) Find a place to pick-up NC, then take I-4O to Barstow, Cali, take 58 (where 40 ends) to 99 to 120 to 5 to 205 to 580 to 680 to 4 to some road near Antioch.

The other bus could start from somewhere in FL i.e. Fort Laurderdale, Tampa, Orlando. Find it's way to Jacksonville if there are people there, idk. Take I-75 to around Atlanta to pick up GA. I know that I-20 runs through Atlanta, Birmingham, and Dallas/Fort Worth (possible pick-up spots?). Switch from I-20 to I-10 which goes through El Paso, Tuscon, and Phoenix. 10 merges into I-215 which merges into I-15N which brings you to Barstow again.

Just a thought though...
To eliminate any confusion, I plan on there only being one bus. Paying to rent two busses and to pay two separate drivers to drive that distance and stay on the road that long is going to be ridiculous.

The planned route is from NYC to FL to Cali.
wedef needatleast two smash bus's but im sure we can get a good deal..just see what the minumum and the max people we can have for each bus...nana is pretty good these days by the way
So, Niko, if there are too many people interested, is this going to be a first come first serve basis, or a "let see how far South we get before we're full" type of shindig?

Ive made sure the starting destination is NYC. Though I'm starting to think that going to FL is a really stupid idea in terms of cost efficiency, as much as I want FL to come....I can't just cater to one state if the cost is going to greatly increase because of it.
hmm.... I'll think on this....

I live in NC. btw.

S0FT

Smash Ace
Haha this smashbus is actually coming together. As long as the smashbus ends up costing the individual less then a plane ticket then we can get however many we need....

Niko_K

Smash Master
So at 50 people, were looking at approx 325-340 a person. It's a 61 person bus, but we need to factor in room for TV's and setups.

A thread will be up later today. I'm going to need a couple of very confident writers to help me with approaching sponsorships.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Can someone in the Bay Area recommend me a nice hotel that is well-priced? I'll end up splitting with other Australians so anything up to $300 would be fine. Somewhere close to BART and in SF is a bonus, thx ~
are you going for the tournament, or are you going for the city?

the venue itself is probably over an hour away from the city, so if your main thing is the tournament, you really wouldn't want to commit to two 80 min BART rides every day. if you're just hanging out in the area, then i'd recommend not getting a hotel room in the city proper; that's pretty expensive, and often small (and EXTREME TEMPERATURE WATER?)... BART runs to a lot of the surrounding areas and isn't generally that far for most of them (i.e. you can get in/out of the city in 10 mins)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Which is why I asked for some talented writers help. We need someone with amazing literature skills to write up sponsorship requests.

The route I think we're going to be taking is as followed:

1. Start in NYC, heading towards Jacksonville, FL
-Passing through: NJ, DE, MD/VA,North Carolina, South Carolina, GA and ending in FL.

2. From Jacksonville, make our way to Antioch
-Passing through: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and making our way through SoCal into NorCal.

The estimated trip time is about 2 days and 7 hours/ 3709 miles.

To see the exact route we are taking, simply go to google maps in get directions from NYC to Jacksonville to Antioch. It will tell you exactly which interstates we will be traveling on as well as cities we will be directly passing through.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Which is why I asked for some talented writers help. We need someone with amazing literature skills to write up sponsorship requests.

The route I think we're going to be taking is as followed:

1. Start in NYC, heading towards Jacksonville, FL
-Passing through: NJ, DE, MD/VA,North Carolina, South Carolina, GA and ending in FL.

2. From Jacksonville, make our way to Antioch
-Passing through: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and making our way through SoCal into NorCal.

The estimated trip time is about 2 days and 7 hours/ 3709 miles.

To see the exact route we are taking, simply go to google maps in get directions from NYC to Jacksonville to Antioch. It will tell you exactly which interstates we will be traveling on as well as cities we will be directly passing through.
This will be amazing.

If you want I'll start like a side-pot at the mass madness tournaments for you to take in some extra cash.
Perhaps a $2 tournament that the entire pot goes towards the smash bus?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Matt if you could actually do that for me I would be so happy. Maybe other tournaments would even do the same *Cot4?*.

I think I have found someone to do the writings to our sponsorship requests, first and foremost we are looking for hotel sponsorships.

I think we should contact MLG for help.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
So at 50 people, were looking at approx 325-340 a person. It's a 61 person bus, but we need to factor in room for TV's and setups.

A thread will be up later today. I'm going to need a couple of very confident writers to help me with approaching sponsorships.
Would sponsors make the trip cost less?

Niko_K

Smash Master
If we get a good hotel sponsorship it would mean free lodging for everyone riding the smash bus throughout the entire trip, including the tournament days. Drinks/Food sponsors would also help lessen the cost of the trip.

Though the overall cost would stay at 325-340. That cost is to cover the paid driver and bus rental.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
are you going for the tournament, or are you going for the city?

the venue itself is probably over an hour away from the city, so if your main thing is the tournament, you really wouldn't want to commit to two 80 min BART rides every day. if you're just hanging out in the area, then i'd recommend not getting a hotel room in the city proper; that's pretty expensive, and often small (and EXTREME TEMPERATURE WATER?)... BART runs to a lot of the surrounding areas and isn't generally that far for most of them (i.e. you can get in/out of the city in 10 mins)
Thanks for that - doing both hangouts and the tourney are pretty important, so I suppose somewhere in-between the city proper and the venue is ideal. I might search for some East Bay hotels then. Thx ~ <3

King~

Smash Champion
time to break outta my shell

ill be coming hopefully i can get some more ohioers

and whats the deal, is there gonna be a midwest smashbus im interested

Niko_K

Smash Master
The support I'm receiving for this is amazing. Hopefully the admins reply to me soon about making a thread in the tournament listings section. Having multiple threads throughout the regional zones is just too much to keep track of.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Oh, and I recommend getting:
Bawls
Red Bull
Mountain Dew

as sponsors. Since those drinks are amazing, and Bawls <3's gamers.
Red Bull and Mountain Dew I dunno but they're amazing.

The King

Smash Ace
Depending on the company providing sponsorship for your trip, it varies. Some companies prefer not to deal with monetary compensations and deal more with product placement (say for example, Coca Cola not compensating the cost of your trip but rather providing you with free drinks for your 60 passengers for the trip). Some companies wouldn't mind shelling out the cash to help fund your trip, BUT they would want to know exactly how much placement their product will receive. A few tips for anyone writing up a sponsorship proposition:

-Whether you're dealing over-the-phone or via delayed correspondence (email or whatnot), try your ****edest to not take no for an answer. If you're rejected a first time, send some follow-up with revisions to your original proposal; be flexible with demands which can lead to you receiving those sponsorship dollars; show them that you care about their product line, and just how much they can benefit from their product placement from your trip.
-Another thing that really goes a long way towards earning their attention: describe EXACTLY, as best as you can imagine, how their sponsorship would be mutually beneficial. Outline your trip as best as possible, highlight all the major cities and states you'll be traveling through, how long you'll have the bus rented for, how long you think you'll be on the road, what kind of advertisement they might receive online, etc. Also, giving them the possible dimensions for the bus would be a great jump-start for them invisioning the magnitude of their product advertisement.

Also Caotic: Pocky pretty much spelled out the same concerns I would've given you. Though if your hearts are really set on seeing The City while you're over here, it's fully understandable. We'll start digging through the hotels we know that are nearby BART, and hopefully we can give you some decent rate estimates. And I'm guessing you meant $300/day, right? There should be some pretty accomodating places for that kind of price =D.

Also...

You guys are going to **** a brick tomorrow when you see what we've got in store for you.

King Out

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Oh god cliffhangers

I don't think I can wait, Germ, I just don't ;_;

@ Niko: That's a pretty **** good price for this Smash Bus thing, so thanks a lot for the estimate. But assuming a...bad scenario where we don't get Hotel Sponsorships or anything, would we sleep on the Smash Bus or would we still go to a Hotel? If we have to pay for a Hotel along with the Smash Bus, then prices would start getting very steep and I'm not sure if I could afford it.

Also, you never answered how we're paying. I'd assume that we just can't hop on the bus and pay you then, that we'd need to send you the money over paypal or mail you a check or something 2 weeks or so prior to when we depart. Is that how it's going to go?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
@ Niko: That's a pretty **** good price for this Smash Bus thing, so thanks a lot for the estimate. But assuming a...bad scenario where we don't get Hotel Sponsorships or anything, would we sleep on the Smash Bus or would we still go to a Hotel? If we have to pay for a Hotel along with the Smash Bus, then prices would start getting very steep and I'm not sure if I could afford it.

Also, you never answered how we're paying. I'd assume that we just can't hop on the bus and pay you then, that we'd need to send you the money over paypal or mail you a check or something 2 weeks or so prior to when we depart. Is that how it's going to go?
I too would also like to see these questions answered as well.

I think this was already answered, but how much is it to only enter melee singles/doubles? >_<
I'd the the OP said $75 for everything, but I'm not sure if that means you have to pay $75 to get into the tourney itself or not.

Bawls
Red Bull
Mountain Dew

as sponsors. Since those drinks are amazing, and Bawls <3's gamers.
Red Bull and Mountain Dew I dunno but they're amazing.
Do any of them do cash sponsorships? That would be extremly helpful.

EDIT: lol ***** by GERM

The King

Smash Ace
We're not exactly set on the costs for the melee-only or brawl-only packages. Since we're aiming for a $75 FULL-package, which will include entries to all 4 events, Venue Fee for the 3 days, and all the extras we'll be providing (raffle prizes, door prizes, trophy costs, etc), we're probably going to aim for somewhere around $40-45 max for the one-game singles+teams package, as this would also include all the additional costs which come with the full package. These are the educated estimates for the cost of our entry packages so far, based on the production price estimates for everything we'll need to make this event quality of the highest paramount. Once we have allllll the costs secured, we'll post the 100% confirmed prices, but until then these are the entry fee packages you can expect.

King Out

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
whoever ends up on the smash bus please have stopovers for showers or something, yall gonna ****ing STINK when you arrive and summer will make it worse

just a thought, esp. to EC guys that are doing the 2-3 day long haul

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thats why we need the hotel lodging. I'm going to approach hotels for lodging sponsorship. I'm at a friends house right now so I'll do updates when I'm at home.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
The year of Genesis is almost upon us.

And with the new year, comes the dawning of a new age. A new era of Smash Bros.

Bound by fate, bound by the ties between our fellow bretherin... Together we are strong. Together we stand united with a message that will shatter the very foundation of the world.

And that is...

"MY **** HURTS!!!"
LMFAO I did NOT see that coming hahaha too good XD
Bawls <3's gamers.
dude...for real. I just saw this the other day: Bawls ROOT BEER. And under the logo it ****ing said G33K B33R......spelled just like that @_@ It was pretty good too, a bit of a mild root beer and not as strong/sweet as Barqs
Thats why we need the hotel lodging. I'm going to approach hotels for lodging sponsorship. I'm at a friends house right now so I'll do updates when I'm at home.
Niko is a ****ing monster. Good ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom