• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah, i think the people who liked metagame have the same level of respect as before, because it met their expectations. for those who didn't like it, i think they lost respect.

thats my take on it anyway

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo dj ... i put up the vids of my samus and ur bowser in doubles ... we had some missle up air kill on marth ... soooo funny ...

best combo in the match 2:27 LOLOLOL

anyway ... the whole video was west coast combos ... oh **** pakman and some japan .....BIASED =[

Cia

das kwl
I'm looking forward to Melee crews more than anything. did king ever make that super amazing post he was talking about a while ago?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I need to start planning now for this. Hopefully alot of people from my area go. I'm sure they will though =]

USrob

Smash Cadet
It's Time to get some mad practice before I go down there lol . I hope to make it :) Let's see

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Rofl.

We need an international version of this thread so people from other countries and what not can attempt to synchronize their stays.

I want to try and stay for at least 10 days, maybe a couple more. I would stay longer, but it's my Uni holidays, and they only last for a couple of weeks. I'd love to be able to fully plan out what I intend to do on each day (Unless I take the smashbus ROFL).

Cao will be touring all over the place so we'll probably have to split up and meet back up again at the tournament :(

If I could synchronize my stay with a few travellers, it would make for some fun times for sure.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Rofl.

We need an international version of this thread so people from other countries and what not can attempt to synchronize their stays.

I want to try and stay for at least 10 days, maybe a couple more. I would stay longer, but it's my Uni holidays, and they only last for a couple of weeks. I'd love to be able to fully plan out what I intend to do on each day (Unless I take the smashbus ROFL).

Cao will be touring all over the place so we'll probably have to split up and meet back up again at the tournament :(

If I could synchronize my stay with a few travellers, it would make for some fun times for sure.
we are getting our forums up and running by later tonight, or by tomorrow morning (aiming for tonight with the update)
there you will have your own regional forums, as well as other dedicated forums to help everyone with organizing their travel plans to genesis

KingAce

Smash Ace
Whats goin on with the smashbus? I heard a lot about it but no one posted a link to it so I have no idea as to how I can pay for this and what not lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
A couple of things:

I would like to talk with whoever is in charge of the ruleset about using stage striking over random. It is better in every single way and I haven't really found a person that likes random better. The entire state of Texas has been using stage striking for months. I can't even remember the last time I had to use random.

Also, the starter stages HEAVILY favor characters such as Snake, Ice Climbers, DiddyKong, and some others. Point is, you have characters best stages on nuetral and no way to prevent them going there really >_>. More stages as starters with stage striking would be a perfect remedy for this.

Who should I PM to talk with this about? >_>. Or someone can PM me. Just want to chat about it :).

pockyD

Smash Legend
well, if you're using 3 "neutrals", then striking is pointless, as it heavily favors the person who strikes second

as far as expanding to the 'standard' 5 and using stage striking, i'm all for that -_-

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
well, if you're using 3 "neutrals", then striking is pointless, as it heavily favors the person who strikes second

as far as expanding to the 'standard' 5 and using stage striking, i'm all for that -_-
That's what the second part of my post was about lol. I agree striking is pretty pointless with 3 stages, which is why I'm saying some characters are amazing on those stages and it would be like playing on their counterpick first round heh.

So going to 5 or 7 starter stages with stage striking fixes this.

sidefx

Smash Champion
all of this could be discussed in our forums =)
www.norcalsmash.com/forums

there is a dedicated forum for rules, we can better answer your question there ( we are trying to avoid answering questions in this thread anymore cause its very unorganized)

to tell you the truth, we went back and forth on 5 neutrals with stage strike and ban, and 3 neutrals with random and ban.

we are open to suggestions and stuff just post your thoughts in the forums, cause we usually consolidate stuff that needs to be gone over at the end of the week and come to a decision.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
all of this could be discussed in our forums =)
www.norcalsmash.com/forums

there is a dedicated forum for rules, we can better answer your question there ( we are trying to avoid answering questions in this thread anymore cause its very unorganized)

to tell you the truth, we went back and forth on 5 neutrals with stage strike and ban, and 3 neutrals with random and ban.

we are open to suggestions and stuff just post your thoughts in the forums, cause we usually consolidate stuff that needs to be gone over at the end of the week and come to a decision.
Well, I'm gonna sleep now, but I'll do that when I get off work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom