• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
I'm just coming because I need to get rid of miles... may as well enter a tournament when I fly to cali...

Corigames

Smash Hero
nobody wants to be around someone who thinks they're better than anyone else, and lol at "ppl only lose to good people cause they aren't trying as hard."
What?
I like to use English and coherence when conveying a thought to someone else >_>

What's wrong with thinking you are better than other people? I think I'm better than you at some things, and I think you are better than me at other things.

Then you contradict your first statement that reads everyone is equal by pointing out that there are "good" people and, with that, comes "bad" people. So what are you saying?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I meant I'm not going to be defeated before the match even starts. I'm not going to go, "Well ****, here's Ken. I might as well just jump off 4 times and get it over with." **** that. I'm playing to play. I'm not going to assume that because I'm playing someone good I'm going to lose. That's why you lose.
I understand that sentiment. I really do. But I think there's a difference between having a confident mentality going into a match so you can play your best, and using that mentality to estimate how much money you're going to win, which is crucial to making your decision.

And why not aim for number 1? What are you doing, placing yourself at 16th or something just because you don't think you can make top?

I think that statement is ridiculous.
I just think being realistic is a good thing to do overall.

festizzio

Smash Champion
coreygames said:
What?
I like to use English and coherence when conveying a thought to someone else >_>

What's wrong with thinking you are better than other people? I think I'm better than you at some things, and I think you are better than me at other things.

Then you contradict your first statement that reads everyone is equal by pointing out that there are "good" people and, with that, comes "bad" people. So what are you saying?
Show me how I contradicted myself. And I apologize (not really) for any grammatical mistakes that caused you to misunderstand my post, but from your reply it sounds like you understood it perfectly.

First of all:

coreygames said:
Planned on it. Especially anyone with at least half a reputation.

I meant I'm not going to be defeated before the match even starts. I'm not going to go, "Well ****, here's Ken. I might as well just jump off 4 times and get it over with." **** that. I'm playing to play. I'm not going to assume that because I'm playing someone good I'm going to lose. That's why you lose.
That's not why you lose, you lose because they are better than you.

Scrubby attitudes like yours make me miss the good old days. :(

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I think Mango told me once that when he plays he tries to imagine his opponent as way better than him that way he'll always play better and not feel the pressure of losing to a lesser player while playing.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Show me how I contradicted myself.
ok
nobody wants to be around someone who thinks they're better than anyone else
you lose because they are better than you.
Scrubby attitudes like yours make me miss the good old days. :(
Don't tell me to stop acting like I'm better than other people when you are saying that it is ok for you to act like you are better than other people.

Idiotic attitudes like yours make me miss college.

And if you are going to continue to wrongfully flame me, do it in a PM or something. I doubt anyone here, including the OP, wants to just see a bunch of spam in a tournament thread. Honestly. Besides, I said I was finished with my entire conversation that lead me to post in this thread. Let it go.

festizzio

Smash Champion
ok

Don't tell me to stop acting like I'm better than other people when you are saying that it is ok for you to act like you are better than other people.

Idiotic attitudes like yours make me miss college.

And if you are going to continue to wrongfully flame me, do it in a PM or something. I doubt anyone here, including the OP, wants to just see a bunch of spam in a tournament thread. Honestly. Besides, I said I was finished with my entire conversation that lead me to post in this thread. Let it go.
Actually being better than everyone else does not equal acting like you're better than everyone else.

You are the latter, and I'm 100% sure that you're not actually better than everyone else.

Want to keep going? Just reply to my post and I can shoot down everything you say. You aren't winning this tournament, so you might as well not even come. As a matter of fact, PM me if you want to continue, because as you said, the OP doesn't want to see spam from a scrub like you.

Alukard

Smash Hero
LOL at all of this ... i just think this is going to b mega fun ... me and my lil bro ... and the rest of tristate are going to b travelling around cali and chilling ... we gonna b vacationing more then melee imo lol

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
LOL at all of this ... i just think this is going to b mega fun ... me and my lil bro ... and the rest of tristate are going to b travelling around cali and chilling ... we gonna b vacationing more then melee imo lol
lol, I'm prolly bringing my girlfriend and will be visiting places.

The Brawl tourney is gonna be my side attraction with the way it's looking :laugh:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Knee of Justice had a good idea with the train bit.

As it turns out, there's an Amtrak station in Antioch. Wonder how far away it is from the venue?

Hmmm. By plane or by train.

Smooth Criminal

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
The Doug says he probably won't come to this ;__; If someone can get a bunch of his Euro buddies to go, he'd more-than-likely reconsider though ^_^

Or maybe I'll just get him drunk and have him purchase some plane tickets so he doesn't have a choice in the matter XD

also...
good tourny I'll probably be there on FRIENDLIES day only
Why did my heart beat faster when I read this?

This game has changed my life.

Can't wait for this event!!! [and definitely can't wait to take Neighborhood P's money with Ness =D]

Iwan

Smash Ace
The Doug says he probably won't come to this ;__; If someone can get a bunch of his Euro buddies to go, he'd more-than-likely reconsider though ^_^

Or maybe I'll just get him drunk and have him purchase some plane tickets so he doesn't have a choice in the matter XD

also...

Why did my heart beat faster when I read this?

This game has changed my life.

Can't wait for this event!!! [and definitely can't wait to take Neighborhood P's money with Ness =D]
Toasty :D....the man with the toaster around his neck at C3 right?

baller.
lol.

how are you getting to Antioch, plane or train? If I can't get in on the smash bus I want to try to travel with a bunch of MD/VA guys.

Fo sho....travel plans yet or are you still working that out? July's far off...I know......haha.

Iwan

Smash Ace
haha yeah dude :)

I'm trying to fly there because my boy O-NO grew up an hour away from Antioch and so we're trying to stay there for a week after Genesis, which undid driving/SmashBus plans
That's tight. I was going to ask Sky, Sean, or Meow if they could house me for this.

Probably Meow....(lookin at you Miguel)

Plane tickets are so expensive. My god -_-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
$1200 Critical Literacy Essay Money Match plz.

Topic Choices:

"Freudian Deconstruction of Smash"

Or

"Why we would turn to Isai as our leader in a new world order"

To be at least 3000 words long with in text referencing (Harvard). + Bibliography.

Tero.

Smash Champion
those italian dudes are not that great, now amsah and helios are prolly the europeans i would like to see at this tourney
Seretur is not bad. He did well in all european tournaments he attended. He is not as good as amsah, but def not bad.

Iwan

Smash Ace
this is completely off topic but Iwan your sig is awesome, i hate that d*mn dog from duck hunt, so many times did i try to shoot him, he should have been an assist trophy from brawl, and he should laugh at you for buying that piece of junk
LOL. That crazy dog ;)

xD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just checked my University time table, and it just so happens that my uni holidays are the week before the tournament weekend. The week following Genesis weekend is simply orientation week (Which is not compulsory and probably not necessary after the first O-week of the year - It's just activities and stuff to settle in new students).

I am very seriously going to consider this tournament now.

Edit:

The Matchup Ratio would probably be 70:30 in favor of Genesis.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Anonymooney: I am, in fact, I once even ran a starwars D20 (DnD) campaign. Though at the same time, I've yet to watch the last three movies :( (I am ashamed)

Wai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom