• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If it's a general knowledge MM, you'd probably (likely) win.

:(

If it was something like "Representations of Gender Roles in Starwars" then I might stand a chance. C3PO is gay, but it's okay because he doesn't have a phallus.

Also, I'm looking at airfares. It's going to cost me anywhere between $1300 and $2300 to get to the states and back.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Listen to this man.
:D

so matt, is this bus actually planned and on schedule to be legit by the time summer rolls around? Or do you still need money for it? This would be so much fun AND save me money. seriously.

*is serious*

also, do you HAVE to be a smash player to get on this bus? Because my gf wants to come to this tournament xD. Just to watch and have fun and meet some of my friends from the smash community and stuff. :p.....you restricting the bus space for smashers ONLY? Or could she get a ticket too :p...?
I'm not in control of the bus, I just know things.

The bus is rented, sponsors are contacted and replying, the bus will be legit.
$340 with 50 people is the price.
Your girlfriend is welcome. She has to pay for herself/You have to pay for her.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I wonder if flying to NYC to jump on the smashbus would be cheaper...

:)

EDIT:

It's looking to be about the same price range.
Hmmmm...

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Yes. Yes
Yes.

YES.

I should have a job soon since a few friends of mine work there and they're hiring. SO, Vyse, if you take the plane to NYC I will pay for you to take the bus. Simply cuz you're coming from Australia.

I'm saving up every ****ing penny I earn.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
LOL.

Hey, if we're going have smash set ups on the bus, we should plan to have tournaments. Also, I just double checked some of those flights. The ones I thought were like, $800 cheaper, were still in US dollars. It's going to cost me like...$2000

:(

I've got the money for it, but, I guess I should tighten my belt a bit more too. Since I need to buy a laptop + Car in the near future.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
That would be pretty beast actually.

Also sweet, I have $200 coming to me when I graduate in June. $100 from a bet against me and $100 from my mom. Beaaaaast

Ouch, that sucks... Well do what you see fit, I'm not going to tell you to spend all that if you need it for other things

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
MattDotZeb (11:24:39 PM): when plans "fall through"
CashMooney69 (11:24:39 PM): in gangsta language
MattDotZeb (11:24:41 PM): it means they wont work
MattDotZeb (11:24:42 PM): *******
CashMooney69 (11:24:45 PM): no
MattDotZeb (11:24:48 PM): yes
CashMooney69 (11:24:52 PM): NO
MattDotZeb (11:24:54 PM): ..
MattDotZeb (11:24:55 PM): yes
CashMooney69 (11:24:56 PM): no
CashMooney69 (11:24:58 PM): no U
MattDotZeb (11:25:25 PM): http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/phrasal-verbs/fall+through.html
CashMooney69 (11:25:44 PM): you ****ing suck
CashMooney69 (11:25:50 PM): now im saying suck a **** MDZ
CashMooney69 (11:25:51 PM):
MattDotZeb (11:25:52 PM): http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/phrasal-verbs/fall+through.html
MattDotZeb (11:25:57 PM): **** off
CashMooney69 (11:25:58 PM): SUCK A **** MDZ
CashMooney69 (11:26:02 PM):
MattDotZeb (11:26:02 PM): http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861690060/fall_through.html
MattDotZeb (11:26:04 PM): YOU LOSE SIR
CashMooney69 (11:26:10 PM): i lose what?
MattDotZeb (11:26:35 PM): The GAME
CashMooney69 (11:26:43 PM): ****ING ****

trademark0013

Smash Champion
so how about making this bus thing more organized? with actual routes, times, prices, all that jazz? jus randomly annoucing it isnt gonna do it. like start an individual bus thread or something

also who are the main directors of said bus? i'm assumin matt.scrub. who else?

and do we actually have 50 ppl on the bus?

WIGI

Smash Champion
They have acual routes and stuff, theve stated the price a bajilllion times. Niko is just super busy right now, and things will pick up when he gets back.

Corigames

Smash Hero
so how about making this bus thing more organized? with actual routes, times, prices, all that jazz? jus randomly annoucing it isnt gonna do it. like start an individual bus thread or something

I think the point is that we are still more than 6 months away from this tournament from starting. Putting a down payment on a bus outlining the things you mentioned would be:
A) One heck of an early start on this considering they may not have the full 50 people
B) Who knows what could happen in half a year's time. This tournament (I hope fully with my heart that it doesn't) may get canceled.
C) The person in NY that offered organizing has yet to say anything officially. They may not be 100% on this OR are currently looking at different options.

I mean, there are about a hundred and eighty days left before this thing kicks off. What if there is any complication that arises in that time and he loses a deposit or something from it? That's not right.

Then again I have no ****ing clue how reserving a bus works so, crucify me if I'm wrong.

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
well i'm almost positive they startd this early so there wouldn't be any complications, or so that they could squash them as they arose, getting an early start is never a bad thing, but yah i doubt hes taking any money this early, anyway fight teh good fight, fellow smash busians

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I think the point is that we are still more than 6 months away from this tournament from starting. Putting a down payment on a bus outlining the things you mentioned would be:
A) One heck of an early start on this considering they may not have the full 50 people
B) Who knows what could happen in half a year's time. This tournament (I hope fully with my heart that it doesn't) may get canceled.
C) The person in NY that offered organizing has yet to say anything officially. They may not be 100% on this OR are currently looking at different options.

I mean, there are about a hundred and eighty days left before this thing kicks off. What if there is any complication that arises in that time and he loses a deposit or something from it? That's not right.

Then again I have no ****ing clue how reserving a bus works so, crucify me if I'm wrong.
yea i realize all this, however at the same time this isnt something that can jus be planned out a week or 2 before the event, esp since prices of travel go up the closer you get to the date

i'm also pretty sure that we can get a good number of people to put this together and have it settled. while many things can happen between now and july to make it not happen, more can be done to make sure it does happen. u never hear anyone mention something super in advance to give ppl a warning to not be ready, but rather so ppl can make necessary preparations and have no johns when it comes time

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So recently at Cataclysm 4 there was a streaming video during the tournament. The video consisted of high profile matches and commentary. We should definitely set something up for Genesis. I have a capture device with my laptop that I'd be willing to set up for everyone, but I am not sure how to set up this streaming video business.

I also have a video splitter so if there is any kind of projector we could set that up to. I remember at Cat3 like forever ago they projected the matches so the whole gym could see them.

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
yea but most venues i've been to usually have somekind of WiFi of something just ask the ppl hosting the tourny if the place has somekind of internet system
the question is how much not if, i've been to mcdonald's with free wifi so i'm positive wherever dbr is holding this tournament for however many people show up will have a wifi set-up, just how much per hour they charge you is the question though.

sidefx

Smash Champion
We already have plans of setting up multiple stations for live stream, though ustream.tv, as well as though getyourtournament.com (from Glen). If you are capable of capturing and recording with a laptop, and have the knowledge and equipment to do it, please let me know.. we can add you to a list of people that are willing to record matches. All info regarding this will be posting in due time, its just not on the top of our priority list as of now..

Please be patient with us, we will let you all know all the goodies when they are ready. =)

as of right now (bare with us) there is no WIFI at the location of the venue. That doesnt mean there will be no WIFI when Genesis comes around.. were working with them to ensure there is a way to connect to the internet while at the venue its self. Trust me, we have plans of streaming live from multiple tv's.. and that involves having WIFI, so just bare with us =)

this is why we plan this 7 months ahead of time

edit: just to make it clear, all important hyped up matches as well as certain matches that are to be recorded during bracket's are going to be recorded by GetYourTournament.com. Glen will be taking care of all the recording with the multiple tv recording stations we will have.

As far as other people wanting to record matches, that is perfectly ok, only as long as they are on the other tv's that are not dedicated for recording. Attempting to record matches from the recording stations will not be allowed, since GetYourTournament.com will be handling that.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Well I should have all the necessary equipment to stream video. I use Windows Media Encoder which has an option for streaming. I am sure there are better software packages out there for streaming, but assuming it works you can put me down for a recording setup with a microphone for commentary.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

I'm not one of the directors **** it, I'm just up to speed on all of Niko's posts about it >_<

Let me make this clear for everyone.
I AM NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE OF THE SMASH BUS

Now on with the rest of it, Niko said he wont make the topic about it UNTIL he has the exact routes and everything, like the specific highways I believe he said. He has the cities planned out. It's going to happen in July, and one can only assume the topic will be up sometime in the next few weeks.
The price, with all 50 people on the bus, will be $50 a person with no outside help (sponsors and whatnot), however sponsors have been contacted so this will most likely change.

And like Gustav Wind said, getting the 50 people wont be a problem.

Niko is 100% on the bus. He said something about having it reserved already IIRC, though I may remember wrong.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
question about the smash bus for whoever, are there more than 50 people going on it? if so how do we plan who goes on it?

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
It won't be more than 60.

rayn1704 (12:49:08 PM): **** the smash bus
rayn1704 (12:49:11 PM): 4 days of smash
rayn1704 (12:49:13 PM): ill be tired of it
rayn1704 (12:49:17 PM): by the time we get there
rayn1704 (12:49:18 PM): then 4 days back
rayn1704 (12:49:19 PM): no shower
rayn1704 (12:49:22 PM): cost of food
rayn1704 (12:50:28 PM): lol
rayn1704 (12:50:29 PM): iuno
rayn1704 (12:50:32 PM): i thought it was cool
rayn1704 (12:50:33 PM): now im like
rayn1704 (12:50:36 PM): **** that im flying there
rayn1704 (12:50:42 PM): which costs even less than theb us right now
CashMooney69 (1:02:44 PM): the bus
CashMooney69 (1:02:48 PM): is cheaper
CashMooney69 (1:02:50 PM): for europeans
CashMooney69 (1:02:52 PM): holy ****
CashMooney69 (1:02:55 PM): good idea
CashMooney69 (1:02:56 PM): is good
CashMooney69 (1:03:07 PM): to raise the attendance of this tourney
CashMooney69 (1:03:10 PM): from OOC
CashMooney69 (1:03:18 PM): get all the europeans to come to NYC
CashMooney69 (1:03:20 PM): get on da bus
CashMooney69 (1:03:30 PM): it'd be about 500 euros cheaper for dem

New idea is new?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
No that's not a new idea really..
Oh, and tell whoever the Ryan person is that we'll have showers at the hotels.

The bus can hold, I think he said, 68 people. Those spots will be used for setups, food, whatevers.
50 is the max amount of people TO MY KNOWLEDGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom