• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Smash Master
the idea of NOT using stage striking was based upon the amount of TIME that will be used up trying to explain to everyone how to do it.. the majority of people (whether you think so or not) are not familiar with the stage striking process, and in the end, we lose out on time that could be used to finish the tournament.

simply put, if this wasnt a 500+ person tournament, stage striking would be most obviously used. Norcal has been using stage striking for ever, and we are very familiar with it. But with 500+ people trying to figure out what to do, or if they dont do it, and say someone loses based on a counter pick that they shouldnt have played on due to the other person not knowing and then, well its just a headache to try and fix when there are more important issues at hand tbh.

random stage select will most likely be used, due to the crazy amount of people that are coming to this.
Hand out a brochure to everyone that walks in with an explanation. If they still don't get it, they aren't important anyway.

pockyD

Smash Legend
...yeah, and you will have 400 "unimportant" people who spent hundreds of dollars getting there unhappy and holding up the tournament with their confusion. it's not like they're the only ones affected; in fact, with "unimportant" people that will likely not make it out of pools // early in bracket, they probably aren't affected at all by any time crunch since they will be knocked out early

and you're overestimating the high level players; I got TONS of confusion and opposition when I was advocating the strikeout system from players of all sorts of skill levels

if you and your opponent both understand stage striking and believe that it's better than randoming, there's nothing to stop you from using it

LLDL

Smash Hero
Basically, just ask your opponent, do you know how to stage strike? And if they say yes, than everythings fine.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
the idea of NOT using stage striking was based upon the amount of TIME that will be used up trying to explain to everyone how to do it.. the majority of people (whether you think so or not) are not familiar with the stage striking process, and in the end, we lose out on time that could be used to finish the tournament.

simply put, if this wasnt a 500+ person tournament, stage striking would be most obviously used. Norcal has been using stage striking for ever, and we are very familiar with it. But with 500+ people trying to figure out what to do, or if they dont do it, and say someone loses based on a counter pick that they shouldnt have played on due to the other person not knowing and then, well its just a headache to try and fix when there are more important issues at hand tbh.

random stage select will most likely be used, due to the crazy amount of people that are coming to this.
Wait...what Brawl tournaments don't use stage striking? I know Melee games are always random, but as far as I know, Brawl has always used stage striking or the two players agree on a stage. I've never heard of using random for the first stage, and unfortunately, Brawl's neutrals aren't really neutrals at all :ohwell:

Falco and Ice Climbers players are at a huge advantage if random picks FD.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wait...what Brawl tournaments don't use stage striking? I know Melee games are always random, but as far as I know, Brawl has always used stage striking or the two players agree on a stage. I've never heard of using random for the first stage, and unfortunately, Brawl's neutrals aren't really neutrals at all :ohwell:

Falco and Ice Climbers players are at a huge advantage if random picks FD.
Stage Cancel's for Random???

EDIT: Just checked and there's only 3 stages for random select, soooooooo stage cancels effectively prevent the match from playing on a stage that may cause a huge advantage (if you're not dumb)

_milktea

Smash Lord
So I might head up to this with a few friends, and would most likely be staying a bit longer to hit the west coast beaches. Anyone wanna help with transportation/housing =3? Let's parttyyyyy, kthkxxx.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
*** IMPORTANT ***

alright so milktea and i and possibly one other friend if they decide to go rly need housing with someone because none of us can afford to go otherwise!

can someone please PM milktea or me about possible housing arrangements? we will be very respectful and a ton of fun i promise!

we would be staying from the 9th - 14th, but would only need housing for the tournament days most likely.

which brings me to the next thing, on the 13th and 14th we wanted to get a hotel for partying/having fun at the beach and such for the last 2 days after the tourney before we leave, we need people to come with and pitch in so pm one of us as well if you would like to get in on the after party festivities!!

thanks a lot in advance! :)

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Well I don't know where I'm staying still, I have to get those EC guys organized!!
cool cool well if ur interested on the 13th/14th feel free to come and bring ur friends for post-smash/my bday party it will be a blast!

just pm me if so and ill send u my # to contact me at whenever :bee:

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Question:...are you 21?
I turn 21 THE WEEKEND AFTER GENESIS
**** THIS TOURNEY! >:[
<3 ADAT cause I'll be there instead haha

....=(.

...no =(.

19 :(. :(.
I'll feel ya :[

lol such fail....

But you can get someone older to buy booze... like me! lol.. =P I'm 23!
OH YOU BETTAH!

Well I don't know where I'm staying still, I have to get those EC guys organized!!
WC guys are getting it together really slowly.
We're partying again btw
Ou vous a(with a ` on a)?!?!?!

cool cool well if ur interested on the 13th/14th feel free to come and bring ur friends for post-smash/my bday party it will be a blast!

just pm me if so and ill send u my # to contact me at whenever :bee:
When is the bday? Is it on a tourney day? :D

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
parties would be on umm the 12th and 13th actually i think and 13th is my bday!

so 12th = post smash party and 13th = the almighty flux waffles bday party!!

our crew leaves sometime on the 14th and we wanted partying to be done after tourney so yeah :)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
So I just checked the pre-reg list and saw my boy Festizzio is going to this tournament.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

The GERM

Smash Ace
All I know is that the Monday after Genesis, I'm gonna be so Fu**ing tanked, I might just lose a Link ditto, so If anyone is still in town, and this tournament doesn't become COT4(lol), let's get our grown man on.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I need to find a ride from the SFO airport wed night :(.

BART doesn't run very late.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Ai ya, this is pretty last minute but.

Me, FluxWolf, and Darc are probably coming to this. We are looking for more people to split a room with, the entire time. Please PM me or IM me @ RiruHatesYou. Unless of course, someone would be willing to house the 3 of us but that's looking less and less likely.

We also need a ride to the airport and back, and rides to the tournament. Obviously I would pay you gas money, and even more if you want. But we just really need some help. Please help, I'm so hopeless when it comes to traveling XD and surviving in general haha.

We'll have fun? Promise? <3? ^____^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom