• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Going along with Milktea's post on the previous page...

We basically need 1 of 2 things:

1: Free housing with someone/ride from and to airport when needed (when we arrive, and when we need to leave).

OR, 2: A group of maybe 2 people or so wiling to split a hotel with milktea, darc, myself, and possibly boxman for the duration of the tournament, along with a ride from/to the airport when we arrive and when we need to depart.

if anyone even thinks they might be interested in this please PM Milktea or myself, we will be fun, respectful, and will pay our share and then some for ride/gas money and such!! Thanks a lot in advance! We are desperate for help!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
****s possible from the BC carpool to drive you. Depends on lots of crap but if you want...I guess I could take your contact info and give you ours (when we know what ours will be there) and do that :\

We're doing the hotel thing, and there's 7 (8 if Ka Master makes it) of us so you could probably crash with us. We aren't making any solid plans for housing just yet but all 7 of us are searching for the best deals etc on everything until we all agree on the schedule.

Talk laterz? (milkT and fluxW)

Zoap

Smash Master
SF has the closest beaches(an hr from where the tournament is) unless you'll settle for the delta's janky beaches which are 15 minutes away.

BART covers all rides to both Oakland International and SFO International. It goes directly to SFO and has a station for Shuttle for the Oakland airport. If its San Jose well then your ****ed.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
about the live stream for this event:

can whoever is in charge of it make sure its on point? Someone at epic of woodbridge used Ustream and I dunno if it was the site or a crappy connection but the streaming was kinda awful.

noodles

Smash Champion
it also sucks when theres good tournament matches going on and random friendlies are happening on the stream, lol.

strawhats

Smash Master
I hear azen and chillin are going. I am sure that they will pick up the slack for EC, especially in Crew Battles.

I know what you mean noodles. I have seen several livestreams w/. nothing but friendlies in the past. I am sure that it won't be a problem this time seeing as the amount of people going to this tourney is ridiculous. Their won't be much time for friendlies in b/w. matches if sidefx and those guys want to finish on time. Their will be a **** load of great players from all over the world coming to this, I don't think anyone should worry about a lot of scrub freindly matches/ MM's. If anything their will be loads of big name, hype matches.

PS: I am so hyped for this tourney. I will be ****ing glued to my computer for 3 days.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
dynamism milktea and i will both PM you our contact info and you could reply with yours when you know where we should contact you at or w/e

have you guys looked into staying at that ramada inn that is advertised in the original post?

its within a 20 min walk of the venue and they are giving special deals if you call in and say you're from genesis!

that would be a great place to stay and there are tons of other smashers doing the same.

also we will be arriving sometime later on thursday the 9th, like im pretty sure the ticket im gonna buy will get me there at 11:15pm the night before the tourney, is this okay for u guys?

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I also need housing and a ride from the airport to a hotel or whatever. I'm ready to buy my plane ticket now but I would like to know where I'm staying before I fly out there x_x.

strawhats

Smash Master
Holy **** sethlon just pre-registered. Now I can see roy dittos b/.w him and ss. Maybe neo will come.

CO18

Smash Hero
How is this all gonna finish in one weekend lol. More than Teams pools needs to be done on Friday... especially with everyone paying at the door.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kos-Mos check the Texas Travel plans social group. We have a bunch of info there and we are staying at the ramada inn.

Can ANYONE pick me up from SFO Wed night? BART doesn't run past like 9 or something and I arrive a little after 10pm. I really don't want to sleep in the airport :(.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
dynamism milktea and i will both PM you our contact info and you could reply with yours when you know where we should contact you at or w/e

have you guys looked into staying at that ramada inn that is advertised in the original post?

its within a 20 min walk of the venue and they are giving special deals if you call in and say you're from genesis!

that would be a great place to stay and there are tons of other smashers doing the same.

also we will be arriving sometime later on thursday the 9th, like im pretty sure the ticket im gonna buy will get me there at 11:15pm the night before the tourney, is this okay for u guys?
one of our guys is looking into that hotel thing yeah...along with peeps to stay with their too. Though a hotel, probably the ramada, sounds best so far. :D

we'll be arriving Thursday the latest since the tourney is Friday...so we'll probably be there in time. No 100% our availability to pick you up though, we're mixed up too still haha. We could share hotel either way though.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
alright thats cool, do you think you could contact me whenever you're able to ask your driver if he could give us a ride?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
this is pb&j

alright we have like literally like 100 or more smashers going to be staying at the ramada inn

.. so since there will be so many people and no one wants to pay alot for a hotel people should post there room numbers and split the cost with smashers..to make it cheaper..and post there numbers or something..me and like 10 others will be at sfo thursday night very late..we might miss the bart which will be gay so ig anybody is arriving in sfo between 11:00-12:00 hit me up

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
ill prolly be arriving to sfo at 11:15pm on the 9th unless i wanna pay 100 more dollars for a ticket lol

edit: and ill be w/ milktea and darc possibly 1 other

pockyD

Smash Legend
Kos-Mos check the Texas Travel plans social group. We have a bunch of info there and we are staying at the ramada inn.

Can ANYONE pick me up from SFO Wed night? BART doesn't run past like 9 or something and I arrive a little after 10pm. I really don't want to sleep in the airport :(.
BART runs til like near midnight

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh cool, I should be fine then.

Thanks.

strawhats

Smash Master
anyone know if Caotique has played Ken and his peeps in Brawl yet. They made a bet that if he could beat them that Ken would go to Genesis

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Cao is here in Australia still, he's coming over when the rest of us Aussies do.
If their bet is still on, it'll happen in the week leading up to Genesis.

strawhats

Smash Master
We're all counting on you Cao. You can beat Ken in Brawl. Just do your best so you can drag his *** to Genesis. You should also force him to sign up for melee.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
alright thats cool, do you think you could contact me whenever you're able to ask your driver if he could give us a ride?
I'm the driver...lol
I'd gladly do it, it's just a matter of if we can. When we're organized ourselves, then we'll know what we can do for others. :)

anyone know if Caotique has played Ken and his peeps in Brawl yet. They made a bet that if he could beat them that Ken would go to Genesis
CAOYPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tri_Edge

Smash Rookie
So wait, if payment has been cancelled and is being taken at the door, then the whole pay by June 30th doesn't count? Or what?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is the genesis venue within walking distance of the ramada inn on the first post? its like only a mile away, i just dunno the nature of how walking there would be (if there would be crossing highways and stuff lol)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Right now, me and my friends are probably going to be staying in a hotel room, and they intend to just leave the door open for an open Smashfest.

I suppose anyone can come and ask if they can stay, since we're all broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom