• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Curious Poll: Have you beaten the Mother Games?

Which Mother games have you beaten?

• Total voters

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm just curious to see how many Ness mains have beaten some of the Mother games and who has never even played one (VICE GRIP I"M LOOKING AT YOU).

Then, we can make a list to see who hasn't beaten earthbound and Mother 3 and we can't trust their advice on ness matchups or advice anymore. I think that's pretty legit. What do you guys think?

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
I've played through Mother 2 and 3 and I am working on the first at the moment. I didn't play the games until after I had been maining Ness for a while.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
lol@ levitas's post

I'm in the middle of earthbound, but I only play every few weeks for a few hours lol.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I only finished EarthBound. I'm not too into Mother 3 to be honest. It's a nice game and all, but I don't care too much for it. I got fairly far in it and my laptop ended up breaking, so I don't really feel like starting all over on that. Same goes with Mother. Except I never got too far in it, but I'd like to finish it. It's just so tedious.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
Hell yeah thanks for the poll man. That's like the -only- reason I play as Ness and the Pokemon Trainer. EarthBound was my first RPG and was -shocked- when I found out Ness was in the 64. Nerf or Buff, I'm a Ness mainer trough and trough.

You don't have a clue how many times I have finished EarthBound on my cart. That's one of my games I will never sell/trade.

...to be honest. I kind of feel sorry for the MetaKnight fans who trough and trough love him for his chaotic neutral nature just to be shunned by tourneygoers just 'cause they "picked" to play as their favorite.

P.S. - I kinda wished Brawl would've put like a lot more assist trophies in this... aka. the entire EB party ._.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I've only played Earthbound and beat it. I might get to playing EB0 and Mother 3 sometime though.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Hell yeah thanks for the poll man. That's like the -only- reason I play as Ness and the Pokemon Trainer. EarthBound was my first RPG and was -shocked- when I found out Ness was in the 64. Nerf or Buff, I'm a Ness mainer trough and trough.

You don't have a clue how many times I have finished EarthBound on my cart. That's one of my games I will never sell/trade.

...to be honest. I kind of feel sorry for the MetaKnight fans who trough and trough love him for his chaotic neutral nature just to be shunned by tourneygoers just 'cause they "picked" to play as their favorite.

P.S. - I kinda wished Brawl would've put like a lot more assist trophies in this... aka. the entire EB party ._.
I don't care much about the assist trophies, but they should've put more mother characters in it x]. I would soooo main Prince Poo or Jef xD. Jef would be like Snake, and Poo would be like a mix between captain and lucario, xcept smaller and faster lolol xD

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
man earthbound is my favorite game evar!!!
true story i first played it when it came out in 95 cuz my friend saw the giant box and rented it, prolly my favorite decision ever. I fell in love with the feeling of being able to explore onnet and the modern setting. Of course i was 7 at the time and i wasnt very good at reading so i just pressed 'a' alot in battle. 2 years later i bought it and it came with a strategy guide so i could actually do things. i thought mother 3 was okay but i loved the combo system. Ive tried to play mother 1 a billion times but aghhhhhhhhhh random battles aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
u guys r pro we need a chatruum

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
i always thought the barrrel roll HP in mother2 and mother3 was very innovative xD. one of the reasons that made that game special. the rhythm combo in mother3 was pretty cool too

Meccs

@Meccs_
I've beaten EarthBound, MOTHER2 (bought M1+2 cause when I first got EarthBound last year I thought "this is amazing, need portable version!" I ended up beating M2 before EarthBound)

beat M3 in english, then in Japanese w/the Deluxe Box. beat in english again, but with friends/family names. man, that final battle... :'(

just can't get into MOTHER. I'm at the Zoo in my EBeasy file

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I played all 3 and beaten them.....
Not in a physical way!! :psycho:

I liked EarthBound more than Mother 3. :D

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
my comment to this poll:
why play ness without knowing the complete ROCKIN' awesomeness of Earthbound?

Ness' HP are maxed out!

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I didnt bother to beat Mother until tomato's easy hack came around, but it still counts as far as i care. Then of course 2 and 3 i've played way too many times, each. I'd put m2/EB around 30 or 40 total playthroughs.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm sorry to say that I've never beaten any nor played them for that matter but I have always wanted to play them but the main reason that I never played them is that I no longer have A NES or SNES (which ever they are on I don't know) and more of a reason for Nintendo to remake them for the Wii shop channel

Uffe

Smash Hero
It would have come to the VC if it there weren't legal issues. Certain themes in the game sound like the Blues Brothers, there's a Blue Cross or something for the hospital or something, too. There are a couple of other things, but that's all I can remember at the moment as to why it didn't come to the VC.

Levitas

the moon
so basically nintendo of america is afraid of being sued over silly things that they would have already been sued over if it were going to happen. There are solutions, but... they're not for discussion here.

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
Interestingly enough, I enjoyed the first one the most primarily because of the music (Pollyanna, Bein' Friends, Eight Melodies, Wisdom of the World, Magicant, Paradise Line, Snowman, Mother Earth). IMO the first installment simply has the most memorable music in the game. The second and third were great, though I have only managed to beat the first and the third.

Ness Brawler

Smash Rookie
I never played any of them but am planning to. Right now I am playing Mother 2. Hope I get to play all of them.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm currently working on Mother. That sounded funny. Let me rephrase that. I'm playing the first Mother game.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I only played EarthBound. I started Mother 1 and 3 on my emulators, but my computer is busted and I can't continue either.

Top Bottom