• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpicking Made Peachy

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
FD and Yoshis Story seem to be MKs worst neutrals, while Lylat is the best (when that counts) and Smashville and Battlefield are ones I personally like, as well as random weird stages. I heard Halberd is bad, and Corneria just depends who MKs opponent is; Corneria could be either horrible or good. Rainbow Cruise is good for MK but that's mostly because of up B gimps and up throw.
<_<

>_>

*conspicuously removes Lylat as a counterpick*

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Let's do Dedede now. ^___^

Also: updated with some Pit info.

Dedede boards say they dislike Jungle Japes (woot!), Norfair, and Rainbow Cruise. Mainly due to chaingrab failure.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If I were a Peach, I'd definitely cp Norfair against Dedede. Battlefield and Lylat are probably your best of the neutrals.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Let's do Dedede now. ^___^

Also: updated with some Pit info.

Dedede boards say they dislike Jungle Japes (woot!), Norfair, and Rainbow Cruise. Mainly due to chaingrab failure.
Japes seems like it would be a Bair killing field on the sides though...

BentoBox

Smash Master
Oh I am well aware of that and it just makes DDD that much easier to predict lol. You just -know- he wants to get that grab in. =D Varied terrain also makes it easier to camp with turnips~

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i just go japes coz peach is peachy ofc and the lack of large d-throw chains and it kinda takes away from d3's annoying edgeguard.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I'd ban Halberd (if it's a legal map), cuz its practically Delfino with bases that stetch for longer, thus longer chaingrabs, thus suck.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Japes seems like it would be a Bair killing field on the sides though...
It's not that much air space...
Would a Dedede really risk throwing himself out like that? Especially with the water.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That thing comes out so fast he can do it barely anywhere >_> it's annoying

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Dedede was pretty easy.

Stage advantage = platforms.

We will do Yoshi now, hahaa! This one will be a bit harder, seeing as it's not as clear cut.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry that I was not here for DDD, but yoshi's island totally ***** ddd. I've never ever lost a match to a DDD there. If you camp with turnips, his limited approach becomes even more limited by that perfectly placed platform.

Matt07

Smash Master
Hmm I think for picking a counterpick stage against Mario, I would pick Rainbow Cruise. Mario can't 'gimp' Peach, and when Mario is recovering on that stage he is very limited, and well with Peach having really good control in the air, she'd wreck his recovery.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
On another note, I'm starting to love Yoshi's Island Melee.

It's an amazing cp to Metaknight as you can kill him, off the top, or side, or really wherever.

Tech his downsmash on the slopes.

His upb gets stuck on the floating block platforms.

It's beautiful I tell you.

I've also done some fairly decent stuff on Pikachu there. While they can camp the slopes, and kill you off the top, you can camp better from atop the platforms, and mess with the close quarters underneath them. Luigi's is also amazing dealing with campy 'chus.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Hmm...against Yoshi...stages with platforms suck for him right? Battlefield?

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
His projectile is more flexible. I can't think of anything that would limit Egg options without hindering Turnips :(

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We're doing Toon Link so we can follow the matchup thread.

And plus people don't know jack on Yoshi.

What was the final concensus on Jungle Japes?
Too campy, or does the verticle height save you too much?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Okaayyyy ummmm....Peach's Floating Dair causes TL problems because theres really nothing he can do about it other then retreat. Utilt doesn't quite reach a floating Peach if she spaces right. >_< I usually jump back and throw a boomerang after Peach uses her Dair the first time.

honestly all of Peach's floating gives TL problems. It makes him play a lot more defensively. Expect a lot of projectiles.

Both have some problems killing, but Peach kills better horizontally with her Fair. Counterpick levels where its easy to kill horizontally, but not vertically (TL usually kills vertically with his Usmash). Jungle Japes perhaps would be a good level.

Peach can do something like float->Dair->Dair->Fair, land, use jab attack and she should be pretty safe if she spaces correctly.

Peach's glide toss is awesome. Use it to cancel Toon's projectiles when you approach/retreat.

You can glide toss TL's bombs. A SH Fair or Uair would be a good follow up after hitting TL with one of his own bombs.
Umm... Both characters have good recoverys, Peach's being better of course. Edge guard with moves that will force TL to recover high, so you can punish him. I'm pretty sure you can let go of he ledge, float, and Dair to prevent TL from grabbing the edge. (might even turn into a stagespike)

In the Air, TL probably wins. Just space with floating as much as you can.

So yeah...kill him before he kills you pretty much. And watch out for his projectiles.

Thats all I got. =)
Don't ask me for one of those match-up number things, I suck at those.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh im sorry. >_<

uhhhhh
CP: Jungle Japes.

Ban Cornaria?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
(if they're aloud) Ban : Pictochat, Green Hill Zone, castle siege, frigate orpheon, Mario Circuit.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
(if they're aloud) Ban : Pictochat, Green Hill Zone, castle siege, frigate orpheon, Mario Circuit.
TL does good in those? But those stages have different things that interefere with this projectiles (except for FO)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
TL does good in those? But those stages have different things that interfere with this projectiles (except for FO)
They also interfere with floating more then it affects projectiles.
Just go with those.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They also interfere with floating more then it affects projectiles.
Just go with those.
Would Toon Links really counterpick those against Peach?

Even then, they don't mess with the float...
The slopes on Hill Zone maybe, but otherwise, I kinda personally like some of those stages. Though not necessarily for better or worse against Toon Link. :ohwell:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
-_-
Ugh.

Mario Circuit does if TL plays from above (Which he SHOULD to avoid the float).
Frigate orphan flips and has short kill zones on the right and left.
Pictochat spawn things that mess with float.
All parts of castle siege are bad for Peach's float.

"liking" the level has nothing to do with the characters performance in a matchup.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"liking" the level has nothing to do with the characters performance in a matchup.
Of course, of course. I was just saying that I wouldn't feel very threatened if a Toon Link took me to some of those stages.

Circuit, Hill Zone, and Pictochat have nice high ceilings.

The flip on Orpheon isn't ever a problem, especially Peach who can hold her jump. The close sides and low ceiling might be a problem though.

A good counterpick against Toon Link would have a high ceiling and less-than-ideal results for campers. Such as Luigi's Mansion. Contrastingly, a bad stage would be one with a low ceiling and good camping grounds. Such as Green Greens, Halberd, and Frigate.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Pit's also really good on Delfino and some CP Halberd. You guys did great on what stages to CP against him. I hate all those levels lol. Thought I'd through that in and be helpful. Or at least try anyway lol.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Let's do Marth.
*goes to hunt down info in Marth boards*

I really have no idea what to counterpick against him. VERY large recovery area maybe...?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
meh. probably japes and cruise. his recovery is gay and it's just generally much easier for peach to maneuver around on those stages. marth is still scary though ;-/

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Marth's recovery is fairly poor. However, his Up + B gives him decent vertical distance and his Neutral B when charged sends him very far forward in the way he is facing.

Stages with awkward recovery seems like a good idea to me...how about Rainbow Cruise? Or good old Jungle Japes?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Would Orpheon hurt him more than you?
I've got Orpheon as a 4...

It's not really a great Peach stage...however, it does screw horribly with recoveries. I suggest getting some testing done as Marths recovery is very awkward.

Oh, may I suggest Brinstar? Range and his darn spaced Fairs become less of an issue in that place. If you get him on the top platform and get below him, you can pelt him with aerials. The close combat style of the stage also makes his tipper less effective

Top Bottom