• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cot4 Marth Dittos

GRogErEN24

Smash Cadet
agreed everyone needs work. im no EL but mixing it between aggressively and defensively is much more rewarding than just going all out aggressive because lets face it marth is a character that can be read easily. sorry for making it sound like being defensive and waiting is the way to go.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
and it's EL that clearly told me that aggressive marth will ****. if marth can attack safely with a sword then why not do it? and there's a difference between being predictable and having a certain play style.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Those were some tasty Marth dittos.

"If I had an up B that was invincible, I would never get bored."

That made me laugh for a minute straight.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lol at Rookie... These were fun to watch... You guys won't be seeing me around here much more, I'm dropping Marth... Bye guys, nice to be a part of this community, I might pop in for a visit occasionally though... So yeah, adios.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
**** I'm jealous Steel.

Did I ever tell you I was jealous?

Yeah I think I did.

Btw guys, just like all the other people who suck with Marth I'm dro-

wait, I already did.

But still, you totally stole the spotlight on this thread, Steel2nd. Making Marth dittos look badass and such.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
**** I'm jealous Steel.

Did I ever tell you I was jealous?

Yeah I think I did.

Btw guys, just like all the other people who suck with Marth I'm dro-

wait, I already did.

But still, you totally stole the spotlight on this thread, Steel2nd. Making Marth dittos look badass and such.
dont drop marth viet

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Well thats a shame SOLID, whats your reasoning behind that?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I played brawl + today for the first time.

I laughed and then turned it off. It was pathetic.
Care to elaborate? It's still in beta and I already told them about some physics issues w/ Marth and a few others. Usually the people who dislike it are people who don't have an open mind, or used a beta codeset and taking it as the final product (I guess when people want to beta test sh*t they think it's just getting the thing earlier or for free, which is dumb and ignorant).

But then again that's a majority of the population, the reason why I am a proud misanthrope.

But yes, do tell us the story of your experience.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Viet and solid are dropping marth to play brawl+ O_o?
Thats sad...

Nice job on the marth dittos guys
XD rookie
PD what happened in the game you posted? you just got ***** man... lulz

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Lol @ you honestly believing that.

Also why would I drop Marth for Brawl+? What I would be doing is playing Marth in Brawl+. <__<

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Care to elaborate? It's still in beta and I already told them about some physics issues w/ Marth and a few others. Usually the people who dislike it are people who don't have an open mind, or used a beta codeset and taking it as the final product (I guess when people want to beta test sh*t they think it's just getting the thing earlier or for free, which is dumb and ignorant).

But then again that's a majority of the population, the reason why I am a proud misanthrope.

But yes, do tell us the story of your experience.
Okay. I like brawl how it is already, which is basically why I didn't like brawl+, but it wasn't the only reason. For a long time now people have been complaining "But melee is better! It has L cancelling and wavedashing and combos!" ......okay? Congratulations to melee, I could give a **** about combos and wavedashing. Brawl+ is like a cheap imitation of melee with more characters. Some brawl+ creators are even saying that wavedashing will not be in it. So basically what I saw was brawl with hitstun, and some other rather blunt and boring features that were attempts at making it more like melee. If you like melee better because of whatever reason, play melee, and if you don't, play brawl. To me, it's too much of melee taking over brawl. Brawl is a new game, it has new things, get over it and don't play it if you don't like it. But changing brawl with codes doesn't make it any better, at least, not in my opinion. I'll play campy brawl any day, and I don't fully understand what people think brawl+ will accomplish. Brawl hasn't even developed yet, give it time.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Those 'random' things are to make the game better (DD for better ground game, no ASL so MK can't plank all day and some characters can actually learn to make an effort to recover, Auto L-cancels because characters like MK already get that feature, etc.).

Of course if you think it's Melee 2.0 then you wouldn't be impressed by it. I expected a more unique response w/e.

If you like Brawl currently and you think it's Melee 2.0 then of course you should just forget it even exists. It's worthless to you. And you already think that way so just keep at it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Well, a unique response could mean anything. I just find it extremely humorous how everybody tries to change this game. I just want good, solid reasons as to why the game should be changed. (I'm aware MK players can plank, but not every MK player does that, and I've never played one that has)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Thats sad...
Hell no Viet shut up lol. I'm quitting Marth because he's not doing it for me anymore. I feel like I'm not improving and my game's at a standstill and as much as I like Marth, my main focus now is improving and becoming a better player in general, which to me it seems like is impossible for me to do with Marth. I'll be around the Marth Boards occasionally guys, don't worry. Thanks for all your help everyone, I'll miss this community.

So yeah, bye guys.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It seems you're implying that Brawl+ is trying to take over Brawl or something.

It's not. And I find it humorous that you're trying to say people can't change the game to their liking. Sakurai said Brawl is for everyone, and that means If I want Bob-ombs on high, choosing Spear Pillar and playing as Kirby spamming Stone, I can. If I want to play on just neutrals, no items, sure. The type of project Brawl+ is is not trying to affect anyone except those who WANT to be involved. Like I said, if you don't like it because it's not "the real deal," that's fine.

People chose to change Brawl because they want to make it more fun for them. Last I noted, Wolf was not in Melee, and that Melee had terrible, terrible balancing issues as well.

And not ever MK player does it because: 1 - extremely negative connotation on using such a strat w/ the undisputed best character in the game. 2 - If you screw up and don't do it right you will die. 3 - See 1 and being a d*ck to the people amongst you.

Anyway if you have anymore questions feel free to Visitor Message me, I don't need another infraction. <_<

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Thats sad...

Nice job on the marth dittos guys
XD rookie
PD what happened in the game you posted? you just got ***** man... lulz
A) I suck at the ditto
B) i tried to camp, which is evidently bad in a Marth ditto XD

Plus Steel is probably a flatout better Marth than me. I had fun anyways lol. I'll get some real vids up soon XP

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I hope D1 hacks our wii again so I can get some replays off of pools and if I make it, into brackets come this May.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
yeah your right ck but i 've already improved my game quite a bit since cot4.

lol yes I know its only been about two weeks ago but I learn really fast.

also I use red marth again
you won't make me switch anymore ck lol
Its been like one week lol. Oh and Im either gonna use Black or Green Marth now. Any suggestions? xD

Tennet

Smash Champion
yeah your right ck but i 've already improved my game quite a bit since cot4.

lol yes I know its only been about two weeks ago but I learn really fast.

also I use red marth again
you won't make me switch anymore ck lol
yay more red reppers

Top Bottom