• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CorruptFate's Pit match up (Dead go to Master thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Well one of my friends has a pretty good marth. The thing that gives me the most trouble would be his Side B the "Dancing Blade" when used with the multi stab. Mostly because i like spot dodge rather then shield, and its pretty hard to shield grab since he can space it so u cant reach.

The Fair isnt all that hard to deal with. Most marths tend to be moving forward when they do the Fair. So all you really have to do is roll behind them and work ur magic. And well instead of trying to space really good, just always be up in his face so his attacks if they do land, they will be weaker.

rinoH

Smash Lord
uh most marths dont go forward wit their fair they just do anything to get the tipper so they might go forward back or stay in place

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Star Fox: The main problem I have with him is his speed, and attack priority along with his dair to anything or dair>up tilt>dair>uptilt thing. I was surprized to see his placement on the tier list. His lazer doesn't do much damage and has 0 knockback but can be fast enough to where you can't take a sec to breath or he racks up alot of damage. His reflector is still fast, and slows his fall, making him harder to edge guard. And can sudo wave shine now as well.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
uh most marths dont go forward wit their fair they just do anything to get the tipper so they might go forward back or stay in place
Well lets see, a basic combo for marth is fthrow to fair combo into the "ken combo." Well atleast people will try that. And u have to move forward to do it. But still if they do a fair, being behind them is always good. Especially if they are spacing out, there is no way they can tip you with bair. Even if they try they are set up for a shield grab. Best thing they could do is jump again, but thats when u shoot them with an arrow and follow up with something.

Hmm fox. I dislike the fox match up. Hes really fast and his horizontal recovery is hard to gimp, especially if they play around with their reflector as they fall, theres no way to predict when they are gonna use illusion. But below the stage is easy, but most foxes wont let themselves fall that far down.

Most common thing to watch out for is when ever ur 90% or over, you never want to stay on the ground or stand still for very long. You know an up smash is coming. Also the whole dair into combo. Im not sure if its the lag or something, but online i can always shield it no matter what character i am playing, as long as i hold shield as im being daired. Dont try to attack or shield grab or anything, especially when ur over 90%, ull probably die.

I think ur aerial game would be the best way to deal with a fox since most foxes ive played tend to depend heavily on the dair combo starter.

Avantage to disadvantages.
Falco should really be disadvantage at least. Short hop double blaster with a lagless landing can combo into pretty much all of his attacks. His projectile will beat ur arrows every time. He can easily edge guard pit by hopping off the edge and shooting his blaster and take out WoI or ur glide easily. Ive played falco players who i couldnt beat with pit but beat them with toon link and kirby.

Zelda is a huge disadvantage. Ruins pits aerial game and close range fighting style with only a few of her attacks. Ur recovery is weakened thx to dins fire. And u cant just thoughtlessly shoot arrows at her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's the D-air to U-tilt thing I hate, as well as the D-air to Usmash or Usmash in general for the kill. Speed is the big problem you'll have with a Fox. Be careful for some Foxes may try to stop you from recovering by using his reflector, I think they call it a Shine spike.
Pit can give a Fox a bit of chaingrabbing. However, the thing that I would have to hate much about Fox is the Speed, the constant jumping, which makes you think that he might D-air you to that U-tilt or Usmash, and the Reflector stalling in the air, which may make you vulnerable should you try to attack him. For the most part, prevent being under Fox. They may jump a lot to get u into that D-air thing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I played SSBM, but my friends were such noobs. We didnt even know of wavedashing because I didnt see the pros on the internet early enough. Plus the Fox I was playing was nothing but one of them spammers.

kupo15

Smash Hero
He kills at 95ish with usmash and at that percent, the drill to usmash is a true combo if it lifts you up. Take that away from him and he should be nothing. If he is below the stage, easily stage spike him with the Bair. He should be really easy to gimp due to the bair because it is really long hitbox. I would recommend using the weak Bair so it knocks him down instead of the sweetspot which brings him up. Keep weak Bairing until you can edgehog. Just be careful of the illusion recovery but you can weak bair that too. I feel as if the Bair is a replacment for Melee Links "boot of justice!!!!!"

Mirror shield his aerials which will force a recovery option to gimp. I seriously killed a Fox at 10% from constant Bairs. Too good.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Ive tried stuff like that a few times, but for some reason the attacks just cancel each other out when i do it. He keeps going but neither of us take damage.

As for the constant jumping, i didnt mean just like flying aimlessly. I was thinking more like mid range distance. Arrows in mid air. Lots of down tilts and dash attacks to send him up in the air and knock him around up there. Foxes aerials arnt all that great. I like to glide alot in my more serious matches against fox. There are a few things u can mix up while u do that. Like glide shifting, or canceling the glide by jumping, aiming at him with the glide attack, or glideshift and attack early but low to the ground so u slide and go into a jab combo, or a smash if hes close to death. But and if they start expecting u to do a regular glide and try to aerial you, you can easily glide shift below him attack and slide across the ground into a reverse ftilt, utilt, or even a fsmash. Fox falls pretty fast so he should hit the ground as u as you slide if at the proper height when u start the glide.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I main fox lol maybe I should divulge some secrets to you guise.
It would help me so greatly, especially when I call for that rematch against your little Fox.
Why would you do that to my wings!? :(

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Heh, I main both Fox and Pit. I think it's really in Pit's favor.With the right timing, I bet a Fox could shine quite a few of the arrow loops away. Pit has the advantage, though. As Fox, I'm deathly afraid of Angel Ring. I'm a bad approacher, so when a good chunk of the opponent is blocked from attacks, I start blastering. However, it's kind of hard when your blasts reflect back. x.o

Under the stage, Pit trumps Fox like a Queen of Hearts over a two of Diamonds. Fox can only recover using Fire Fox, and it has a moderately lengthy start up time. Pit could hop down, bair, and fly back up to the ledge. Simple as that. Unless Fox starts shining, but it's still in Pit's favor down there.

Fox has a good air game, but Pit has a better one. In my opinion.

Fox's main KO move with Pit will most likely be usmash, so watch out when Fox starts running at you high-speed. It usually means DEATH. Unless you shield, of course. Shielding and side-stepping are truly helpful. :D

Basically, it's in Pit's favor, but you may have to work for it.

In my relatively noobish opinion. :3

EDIT: Fox is super fast. Like, really fast. Watch out when he starts dishing out attacks left, right, up, and down. Dair > shine is frustrating coupled with Fox's Sonic-like fall speed.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I main both Fox and Pit. I think it's really in Pit's favor.
no
With the right timing, I bet a Fox could shine quite a few of the arrow loops away.
yes
Pit has the advantage, though.
no
As Fox, I'm deathly afraid of Angel Ring.
shouldn't be
I'm a bad approacher, so when a good chunk of the opponent is blocked from attacks, I start blastering. However, it's kind of hard when your blasts reflect back. x.o
L2Blaster
Under the stage, Pit trumps Fox like a Queen of Hearts over a two of Diamonds.
not really.
Fox can only recover using Fire Fox, and it has a moderately lengthy start up time. Pit could hop down, bair, and fly back up to the ledge. Simple as that. Unless Fox starts shining, but it's still in Pit's favor down there.
not really.
Fox has a good air game, but Pit has a better one. In my opinion.
kinda, I will explain later
Fox's main KO move with Pit will most likely be usmash, so watch out when Fox starts running at you high-speed.
Pit dies at 94%
It usually means DEATH. Unless you shield, of course. Shielding and side-stepping are truly helpful.
no wai, shielding nevar evar helps irl.
Basically, it's in Pit's favor, but you may have to work for it.
maybe
In my relatively noobish opinion. :3
yea, prolly. and you're a furry too.
EDIT: Fox is super fast. Like, really fast. Watch out when he starts dishing out attacks left, right, up, and down.
wait so he cant do diagonals?
Dair > shine is frustrating
lolwut!!!!
coupled with Fox's Sonic-like fall speed.
fox is the fastest faller, so you compare ppl to him not the other way around >.>
big post coming to this thread soon. maybe

NxC

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure this is useless in the context of the discussion, and here.

Fox is less of a threat to Pit than Falco, but still a formidable opponent. You have less to worry about being gimped with him, however you still have to keep in mind how well Fox can combo mid-heavyweights; Pit being the former. He also has the ability to put you in a rather awkward position of helplessness: keep your distance and he'll laser you and reflect your arrows, close up he can either combo, u-smash or d-smash you- and that can be lethal.

If you anticipate his aerial approaches, you can avoid many of the problems that the usual Fox player can impose on Pit. Just remember he has a reflector, and a good one at that, and it will not only reflect your arrows back at you if you don't go for chin or toe shots, but can also be used as a stall for edgeguarding. Also know that one of his best recovery options- the f-air boosted second jump, is an attack that just keeps coming, and will set you up for combos if you're not careful. However, his Up-B is easily reflected (you can reflect him while he's "chargin' hiz firez") and he's quite easy to f-throw chaingrab for a few easy percents.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I just lost my will for Fox after FzeroX had to ruin me again. I hate the U-tilt, D-air, and especially the Usmash with a passion.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
mmkay, fox is going to be a hard match-up, no matter what type of Pit you play. Fox can have a slight disadvantage or can get the upper hand, so for now I would call it basically even.

In a nut shell Pit has quiet a bit more priority than Fox, but Fox is very fast and can manuever in between Pit's moves. Also fox can kill alot quicker than Pit can so becareful of that upsmash.

man I really dont feel like typing alot right now, so Corrupt Just change ppl, I will update this later and PM you about it. Reason: I just worte one essay, have two more to do. So I dont feel like embarking on another short one.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yes master FzeroX......Diddy kong, this guy is way good at edge guarding from spiking you out of a glide to just using a fair or bair to stop you from making it back. His banans can be a pain but I think as Pit we stand a better chance then most against them, with multi jumps and wingdashing to pick them up. He can running attack into almost anything and that can be a pain the first few times he does it, but you can stop that with a simple shield grab or mirror shield. His gun's got nothing from what i've seen so don't worry about that. His air game is amazing with reach, priority, combo and damage on his side, and an amazing back toss to get the kill.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
Diddy...
I have some knowledge bout diddy, since i used 2 main him...
diddy is sort of a tricky situation for a pit, that is not good with arrows. you have to be able to space, to do well against his nannerz gamez. constant arrows is what is needed. If you can grab his nannerz and use them against him, than you pretty much get that stock (in my experience).
against his edge gaurding game, you have to stay above him!!!! or else he will spike you. trust me on that one. you won't want to stay to the side of him cuz he'll use diddy hump or below him cuz he will use dair or upb.
some advice from hb...

in pits favor... although a reely good diddy is hard 2 beat

ADHD

Smash Hero
Arrows can be pretty good vs diddy because it interfers with his banana momentum stuffs. Don't make reflecting the throws obvious either. Pit has an advantage though, and if you're accurate, you can really mess with his recovery through arrows. That's all I noticed when I faced the only good pit player I ever faced

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I fight a lot of diddy mainers. I really havent found any that could beat my pit. Most diddy players tend to be banana heavy. Which is both his strength but also his greatest weakness. For a banana heavy diddy you will always know where he is going to go. Hes gonna head to his banana's, always. U just have to plan accordingly to what will hit him when hes on his way there. Also most diddy players tend to overuse his smashes so they will most likely so they wont kill u till high %. Also for this type of diddy player, you can just choose BF and ruin his banana game just with the platforms, as soon as u slip on them, they will end up on a platform above you.

Oh but something i just love to do, is to edge guard by using his own bananas against him. Throw them at his rocket barrel. lol. Sure u could just use an arrow, but its just more funny this way. Though i have had barrels run into me and then kill me as well.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I don't have alot of info on Yoshi so odds are im alittle off on this one but the main problems I see are: eggs, bair and dair.

You can gimp his recovery with alittle jump off his head, and his eggs dont add much movment but they do add some so keep that in mind. His shield is a bit stronger then most, but he can't attack out of it either so thats a trade off. Tell me what you think.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
The whole thing does but you can still footstool someone in super armor, for the most part if someone is doing an action such as an attack you'll still bounce off them but they wont get the fall though, except with Yoshi you can do it at anytime durring the jump and screw him over, asumming that you do get it off Yoshi's know when its comming and know how to stop it for the most part.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I faced a Yoshi earlier this week, and I can tell you that he is annoying.
Yoshi is kinda heavy and is hard to KO because of that. Then we have that Super Armor Frame jump of his.

I agree that the Eggs, B-air and D-air are very troublesome, and watch out for the F-air spike when you're close to the ledge while trying to recover. A Yoshi can just walk off the edge and F-air for a Spike, and I know how that felt... My Poor Wings!

Yoshi does hate our arrows when he's trying to recover though, for a Yoshi should try to save his 2nd jump, and doing it too early can leave him vulnerable.

When a Yoshi is hanging on the ledge, try to be careful. In my experience, the Yoshi can use his Egg toss to camp, and we cant spike him if he does that, though we can spike a Yoshi that hangs on the ledge for too long. Yoshi can also drop down and come back up doing a D-air.

At times try not to get close to a crouching Yoshi, for he might be waiting for you to approach and perform the Down-B. Just shoot arrows at him.

That's what I got for my experience.
BTW, Try to use Mirror Shield on Yoshi's Egg Roll. I KOed some Yoshis that way :)

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
ok, I play Burntsocks so much that I am probably an expert against bloshi (imo)

ok, AR is probably the best edge guard along w/ nair and arrows.

You should camp alot against yoshi. Now, the particular yoshi i play can camp w/ yoshi's eggs (i still don't get how he does it?!?!) but if they start doing that, then you run and nair them or dash attack them.

ftilt is probably one of your best friends along w/ fsmash. (now, the people who have played me know i barely spam fsmash ;))

fair is probably the best killing move
but, a well timed bair is reeeeeeeeeeely good, since most yoshi's try to bair a lot, so a well timed bair could be a life savior.

A good Yoshi can be a beast, and realy hard to win against. (or i just suk and bsox is reely good *try playing him sometime)

Who comes out in top?... I would I would have to say pit

kupo15

Smash Hero
yoshi only has super armor while he is rising. I think it can be broken with a strong enough move or if his damage is too high plus a strong move..not sure.
At times try not to get close to a crouching Yoshi, for he might be waiting for you to approach and perform the Down-B. Just shoot arrows at him.
No I dont think so. Im positive any good Yoshi will not use it like this since it is easy to punish. If anything it would be the Dtilt, but certainly not the Down B from the ground. If you get hit with it like that, thats baaddd.

Mmac

Smash Lord
CorruptFate, even though you already said that you know pretty much nothing on this matchup, I could already tell because almost everyone who doesn't says that Footstooling is a good way to eliminate Yoshi's Recovery. It doesn't work in reality, especially against good Yoshi's. Since it doesn't interrupt attacks or Airdodging (Which Yoshi will do almost always when you're close), It will just never work.

When does Yoshi have Super armor on his second jump?
Throughout his entire jump. It is Knockback based so you won't beable to gimp him with Arrows until the 120's.

Well I faced a Yoshi earlier this week, and I can tell you that he is annoying.
Yoshi is kinda heavy and is hard to KO because of that. Then we have that Super Armor Frame jump of his.

I agree that the Eggs, B-air and D-air are very troublesome, and watch out for the F-air spike when you're close to the ledge while trying to recover. A Yoshi can just walk off the edge and F-air for a Spike, and I know how that felt... My Poor Wings!

Yoshi does hate our arrows when he's trying to recover though, for a Yoshi should try to save his 2nd jump, and doing it too early can leave him vulnerable.

When a Yoshi is hanging on the ledge, try to be careful. In my experience, the Yoshi can use his Egg toss to camp, and we cant spike him if he does that, though we can spike a Yoshi that hangs on the ledge for too long. Yoshi can also drop down and come back up doing a D-air.
Everything up to this point is generally true.

Up to here... Like really? Did you think he wanted you to pet and hug him?

That's what I got for my experience.
BTW, Try to use Mirror Shield on Yoshi's Egg Roll. I KOed some Yoshis that way :)
Yeah, that's evil, but most Yoshi's don't really use Egg Roll that much anyways

ok, I play Burntsocks so much that I am probably an expert against bloshi (imo)
Who are you calling Bloshi, Sit? >: (

ok, AR is probably the best edge guard along w/ nair and arrows.
All true, but you want to be careful with Angel Ring unless you are sure it will trap.

You should camp alot against yoshi. Now, the particular yoshi i play can camp w/ yoshi's eggs (i still don't get how he does it?!?!) but if they start doing that, then you run and nair them or dash attack them.
He...... Aims? >_>

Plus Yoshi should stop camping if you start to close the gap. Pit isn't exactly agile either. Plus I would say for Yoshi to be careful with projectile use due to Pit's reflectors

ftilt is probably one of your best friends along w/ fsmash. (now, the people who have played me know i barely spam fsmash ;))
Ftilt... not really, I usually avoid that move usually. Fsmash is a Pain though

fair is probably the best killing move
but, a well timed bair is reeeeeeeeeeely good, since most yoshi's try to bair a lot, so a well timed bair could be a life savior.
I personally find Pit's airs bothersome, but I can usually get around them just fine. I generally become careful in the air on dangerous percents

A good Yoshi can be a beast, and realy hard to win against. (or i just suk and bsox is reely good *try playing him sometime)

Who comes out in top?... I would I would have to say pit
Socks doesn't play online anymore, I think. Plus I think he says that the Matchup is neutral. Some of the other mains say that it's actually advantaged to us...

My experience on the Matchup is rather limited. I played against a few decent Pit mains (Not the Arrow happy ones), and also basing off paper, I say it's rather neutral too.

Again, I don't really know that much though....

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I played a pretty good offline yoshi a lil while ago.

Thing to watch out for the most is a sliding up smash. Its really strong and most likely they will save it for a kill. Yoshi's dash attack has very little lag and can combo into jabs if timed correctly. I've also heard that yoshi's dash grabs are one of the best in the game. Idk if they are the best but they are really fast, and something u should watch out for. Lots of the other stuff people have covered already.

Good things to note about pit is, ur up aerial can out prioritize yoshi's down special as long as ur not directly under him, catch him from the side. Lots of yoshi's good attacks are aerials and since he wouldnt want to use his second jump unless he needs to, shield grabbing should work against a yoshi pretty well.

As for the standard yoshi recovery that ive seen was saving the second jump. Use 2 egg tosses near the ledge, second jump into an air dodge. If not they could just latch on the the ledge, release and egg toss.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose my info about the "Crouching Yoshi" applies to me and Some of the Yoshis I faced and is also wrong. They rather use D-tilt anyways.

I also want to add to the "Yoshi at the Ledge" Thing. If you see yourself at a high percentage, say like 125%, some Yoshis might substitute the "Drop down and come back up with a D-air" thing with a U-air that could KO us. I rather stay away from a Ledge camping Yoshi at this point and wait for him to come, while reflecting or dodging those Stupid Eggs.

I'm very well aware that Yoshi has a Chaingrab of some sort, as it works annoyingly on my Bowser and Wario. I don't think it works on Pit, but in our angelic case, it's a good thing, right?

Mmac

Smash Lord
I've also heard that yoshi's dash grabs are one of the best in the game. Idk if they are the best but they are really fast, and something u should watch out for.
Actually, his Pivot grab is probably what he's referring to, or he's misguided in information. Dash is ok too, but leaves him far too vulnerable when missed.

In simplistic terms, Yoshi's Pivot is pretty much equal to your guys grabs in speed and lag, but has 5 times the range.

Admiral Bowser said:
I'm very well aware that Yoshi has a Chaingrab of some sort, as it works annoyingly on my Bowser and Wario. I don't think it works on Pit, but in our angelic case, it's a good thing, right?
Eh, why would getting Chaingrabbed be a good thing? He doesn't, but he has some Dthrow combos which he can string easily if you are not careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom