• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
The boards are finally back up WHOO!!

Ivan Ooze ftw. Battletoads ftw.

I like Brawl too, a lot. It's mad fun.

I need to meet up with smashers more outside of tournies to play and chill. Especially before I go to Florida for vacation. Anyone down for that?

I wanna play some wifi so if anyone wants to let me and sorry about the turnout everyone that went to NFB II I figured it would suck there wasn't enough notice. Next one should rock I'm thinking late august/september.

Oh yea recap cause Louis sucks and won't post results.

1-omegablackmage
2-cort
3-2ndchance
4-icylight
and that's all I remember.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I liked Jake's reference to levels.
It was good.
It pleased me.
And happy birthday to him.
<3
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
happy birthday, jake.

jake?

jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

phish-it

Smash Champion
I just got back from Anime Next. It was pretty fun, I had a lot better time than Anime Boston. :D

But I did the brawl tournament for fun, it was ffa no items on custom stages. Best of 1 and 3+ rounds to win to get to finals., they cut the top 128? to like 8 or something and the 8 are in the finals. I made it to the finals and I don't even play brawl... My final round, I just hid in snake's box for the last 30 seconds and nobody went after me cause I was up so much and it'd be pointless. I skipped finals because it was during the rave. Greg Ayres is an amazing DJ.

I saw PC/mofo and I think I saw Ky/Sol. I tried to dress as normal as possible to avoid unwanted attention and I even wore pajamas on the first day. LOL But I still got unwanted attention but it became fun because to avoid certain people, one of my friends pretended to be my GF and we made it a fun game. :D

I spent most of the weekend with Rep and that was amazing. ^_^ My friends also won the Rock Band tournament.

Edit: The only bad part was losing two of my shirts... The isai don't get hit one that I JUST got in... T_T And my onigiri shirt I just bought there. Also, I drank half a gallon of milk on the last day because we didn't want it to go to waste and I have bad diarrhea now. Lastly, this one kid owes me a $100 from March and he still hasn't paid me back. -_-
Yeah, I actually happened to be there along with Ky and Sol. I just wish I had more time to put together a costume, since I didn't even know about the event until Wednsday...

and yes, the Brawl tournament was an absolute joke. As if single elimination Free for alls weren't enough, the only tournament stages on were custom stages because according to one of the hosts "takes more skill because you don't know what to expect." And when I recieved th 96th ticket out of a 64 man bracket, it surely wasn't worth it. Hehe who ended up winning it anyway?

I don't even watch Anime and no idea what to expect , even though I should've checked a few more things out, the whole event was an interesting experience.

Prince of FireIvan Ooze for top tier. Bobby knows what I'm talking about.... Ivans Ooze!

LOL!
That was the best power rangers movie. Ever. White Ranger's epic flying kick was epic @ the temple fight scene.

Also, Giant purple egg is an awesome giant purple egg.
-DD
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O-g4TqMFemY

EDIT: Also, Happy Happy Birthday, Jake.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone here for some reason going to be attending FAST1? I'll be in Florida during it so I'm gonna go just wanted to get a partner for teams...anybody?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh!
I also got ahold of my friend for the first time in a month and a half since he started playing WoW.
>_> He is Level 60 and going to get some special gear.
He said other things too, but I had no idea wtf he was talking about.
</3 WoW.
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Oh!
I also got ahold of my friend for the first time in a month and a half since he started playing WoW.
>_> He is Level 60 and going to get some special gear.
He said other things too, but I had no idea wtf he was talking about.
</3 WoW.
-DD
wat a loser. i mean who gets special gear at 60 anymore?

*looks* OBM and Icylight are fuxin monsters

*looks again* i jus heard u ran the heroic birthday instance, jake. gg's son

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
^^^^Even DD knows Melee is awesome.

I talk to Wolf FTW all the time.....because hes really cool. I told him just a couple of minutes ago that I really am kind of sick with Brawl etc etc etc and he said this

" "Wolf FTW": yeah...but i was a great player and i cant bellieve i let it all go...meh o well ill have to get back into again...i like melee soo much more then brawl but some of my friends such as Doulhalt likes brawl beter
"Wolf FTW": i think the only reason why that is was because i rapped him every time in melee but in brawl he stands a chance "

Thought it was kind of interesting and true in most cases with most people. Most people that did not stand out in Melee like Brawl better because it gives them more of a chance to compete in a scenario that is not even meant to be a competitive game.
I wanna play melee.....i don't even care if i get my *** beat i think we need more melee events in CT. screw brawl even if it has wolf in it lol BTW my friends and i go to DM pretty regularly IM me if you wanna come with us and play some smash for the hell of it PlanB9960.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Thats probably the best, most true, and funniest thing I've ever seen on youtube. Good find man. That just made my nipples hard.

When you are playing the best player in the world who has the sexiest Marth in the world...I think you have a right to camp a little bit and not be made fun of or poked at for it, eh? Also, we should play Melee sometime!!!! Move from startford or something so we can do Falco dittos FOREVER.

I wanna play melee.....i don't even care if i get my *** beat i think we need more melee events in CT. screw brawl even if it has wolf in it lol BTW my friends and i go to DM pretty regularly IM me if you wanna come with us and play some smash for the hell of it PlanB9960.
I love you too. You have my number...call it!

Actually anyone who has my number who wants to play Melee....Call Me!

Also, I practiced pillaring today with Falco on the computer for a few minutes and im getting the hang of it...its actually not that hard. Pillaring to d and u tilts is pretty sexy too. Melee is awesome.

Dont worry guys, my Melee boner will go away just like my Metal Gear one did teehee

PS-I love you guys.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
u go to dm aka pay to play melee? :(
Trraaaade you're going to Alex's fest thingy still right? =O
yes... however, theres like no room in the car
thats not campy, thats marth vs puff

u wanna see campy nukka? u cant handle it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
u go to dm aka pay to play melee? :(
No i go to DM to have a good time with my friends be loud and obnoxious play some DDR and break dance a bit and then play melee so yes i guess you can say i pay to play melee...though you get the money back by doing money matches with expecting noobs who think they are awesome...i also go on Fridays so...its like 13$ from 5-10 to just screw around with your friends i find it fun /shrug.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
oh my god the boards are back up!

ATTENTION ALL YU GI OH PLAYERS
I'm entering a tournament soon.
I need your help!

If you have cards, contact me. I'm prepared to run around CT to build the perfect deck.
(IM me, because I dont check board replies any more.)

ieatthopho
^thats my screen name

dude i told you to play my friends they play all the time and spend alot of money on cards they would be the practice buddies you are looking for, but since you dont check responses like that if anyone talks to khaly and you read this let him know lol.

edit: pho is the best my moms learned how to make it back in the day.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
No i go to DM to have a good time with my friends be loud and obnoxious play some DDR and break dance a bit and then play melee so yes i guess you can say i pay to play melee...though you get the money back by doing money matches with expecting noobs who think they are awesome...i also go on Fridays so...its like 13$ from 5-10 to just screw around with your friends i find it fun /shrug.
ah i c
i thought it was purely for melee
Are all you Debaters participating in DWYP?
idk wat that is

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
I own Battletoads...so I can house that game. That game is ****.
umm I thought the other day you said you have never beaten it...
it's tough as ****, thats why it's ****. When you put down brawl for a few weeks, try beating battletoads on your real system
then you can talk it up

My friends and I just made the new Brawl tournament standard.

-Metal Brawl
-1 stock
-Only legal stages are Luigi's Mansion and Spear Pillar (Those were the first two we picked)
-Smash Balls only on very high
-Rob is banned (he can recover)

Start match and hilarity will ensue.

Edit: Now that I think about it I think damage was set to .5 and maybe high gravity, we didn't go anywhere when we got hit
hahaha that sounds like fun
try this one though:
-Invisible brawl
-smoke balls only on high

Who wants to melee tournament?
I fully support this idea. I will be practicing my dave washing and such. You should host and set a date for a major ct melee event. I will be training in the new jersey dojo for the next few months

he does close to two aerials per second for the first twenty seconds lol

ooo bowser is fun

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Yea, I hope everyone is ready for a melee tournament.
I <3 You! Best news i've heard in a while.

LOL so gay.

What a dumb game...

<3 sorry Brawl, you still make me have teh funs sometimes.
I agree. Thats kind of why I stopped playing it. Because the stupidest **** happens in that game. Ike can kill at 40 something percent, ness and lucas can infinitely death grabbed, DDD can chaingrab without moving!!?, Snake can slide across an entire stage with a rocket launcher and pickup items along the way, and evidentally lasers or any form of projectile dont stop a miniature rocket coming toward you. Yeah, and now flying characters can completely go UNDER THE STAGE and come around the other side. Good idea Nintendo.

Oh yeah...and that defensive system is beyond broken and makes no sense.

....What I said to V.

Edit- Mike-PCGA? Wheres that? What is this place you speak of...?

Also, you know what I was just thinking? I think Brawl is going to die out within a good 3-5 months unless something REALLY good or special comes out. People will get sick of the game because theres nothing in the game that really makes it spark or standout as a truly great game. Even as some of us play it, we bash the living hell out of it because theres so much BS in the game. I think Melee will be revived...but never in its true, original form. Either that, or Brawl will coexist with Melee because there will a certain group of Brawl fans that just grow tired of either forward tilting with snake or running around and shielding and punishing.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
The oldest I go is Unlimited and Revised. I stopped following MTG after Future Sight.
i never went to a magic tourney like that.
well
i never went to one in general.
it's okay though, i'm not that good.
i need more cards for my madness deck >_>
I should probably finish my Green/Black Creature Recycling deck (80% done) and Blue/Green Time deck (45% done).
red/black madness
black/blue -1/-1 deck, lol.
i want to make a type 2 mono green beat down kinda deck
well, basically, and elvish kinda deck.
who wants to buy some scryb sprites?

Brawl match in a nutshell:

Pick Wolf......

3, 2, 1, GO! B, B, B, B, B, B, (opponent walks over)....Shield/sidestep, fsmash/dsmash/

If projectiles get reflected just stand and wait for opponent to come over..f smash rinse and repeat and when your opponent goes off the ledge gimp them low and recover with side B and you win.
I played that guy @ mass madness. Match was probably 12 minutes long and I made a comeback ftw, it was epic.

Since I can't go to Mass Madness OR the Maine tourney, the hayes brothers should come to my house and hang out. I'll make Dylan his own pie.

Top Bottom