• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
so i finally popd the cherry on my copy of mgs4 today, had to beat persona 3/ fes first, don't ask me why just the way i am lol, and i must say i have been making love to it non-stop and it is clearly, it is the most beautifully amazing game ever, i mean i know it was gonna be good but ****.., i am now extremely happy with my decision to get a ps3 over a xbox 360, anyway does the game seem easier than other mgs' to anyone else or is that just me?

also battletoads tourney would be amazing...

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
so i finally popd the cherry on my copy of mgs4 today, had to beat persona 3/ fes first, don't ask me why just the way i am lol, and i must say i have been making love to it non-stop and it is clearly, it is the most beautifully amazing game ever, i mean i know it was gonna be good but ****.., i am now extremely happy with my decision to get a ps3 over a xbox 360, anyway does the game seem easier than other mgs' to anyone else or is that just me?

also battletoads tourney would be amazing...
****, if someone can think of a way how to hold a Battletoads tourney I'll include it. o___o;

So far I've got:

Pikmin 2 [GCN]
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Fighting Edition [SNES]
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven [PS1]
Clayfighter (???) [Genesis]
Custom Robo [GCN]
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (???) [Genesis]
Mega Bomberman (???) [Genesis]

And if we can put Battletoads in there I'm all for it. That'd be 8 games... would anyone be interested in participating in this sort of tournament? It'd be pretty cheap entry. I don't expect people to pay more than $3-5 for each game, really. o_O;

Maybe I should get rid of one of the games for Smash Bros 64, heh? ;"}

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
****, if someone can think of a way how to hold a Battletoads tourney I'll include it. o___o;

So far I've got:

Pikmin 2 [GCN]
Custom Robo [GCN]

And if we can put Battletoads in there I'm all for it. That'd be 8 games... would anyone be interested in participating in this sort of tournament? It'd be pretty cheap entry. I don't expect people to pay more than $3-5 for each game, really. o_O;

hell yes, so many games that i love, so little time... also in terms of custom robo wouldn't some parts need to be bannd for there sheer gayness? you should add killer instinct to the mix as well but yah i'd defffinitely go

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
hell yes, so many games that i love, so little time... also in terms of custom robo wouldn't some parts need to be bannd for there sheer gayness? you should add killer instinct to the mix as well but yah i'd defffinitely go
Oh, yah, I'd have to go to my friend Jimi's house to check out what parts and Robos need to be banned. :"P

I'll get rid of Clay Fighter for Killer Instinct 'cause I'd love to play that. @_@;

EDIT: Omg Beast just came up with the greatest idea... I just gotta find someone with this game.

IGGY'S RECKIN' BALLS!!!!!

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yah, I'd have to go to my friend Jimi's house to check out what parts and Robos need to be banned. :"P

I'll get rid of Clay Fighter for Killer Instinct 'cause I'd love to play that. @_@;
good idea, killer instinct kicks far to much caboose to be left out, let me know what you decide i have a copy of it myself so maybe i can help you with part banning and such anyway let me know how it goes im deffinitely interestd in this

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Oh wow, thanks Lil. I think I actually went to that site and just couldn't find the design I wanted, bleh. Why do I have to lose everything. =\ My friend has my Isai shirt but I still lost my other cute one. =(

So my grandfather just died, so weird since he was here just last week and I had not seen him for years prior to that. I just learned so much about him on his last visit. He was a international spy for the CIA during the Korean war and he was the reason my parents/older siblings gained full citizenship to the US instantly and got to move here. It's so weird because he's such a nice guy, I'd never think he kill anything. Also, I've known him for my entire life and had no idea... so crazy. I don't think it has hit me yet though, I am not feeling as down as I would have expected.

noodles

Smash Champion
Oh wow, thanks Lil. I think I actually went to that site and just couldn't find the design I wanted, bleh. Why do I have to lose everything. =\ My friend has my Isai shirt but I still lost my other cute one. =(

So my grandfather just died, so weird since he was here just last week and I had not seen him for years prior to that. I just learned so much about him on his last visit. He was a international spy for the CIA during the Korean war and he was the reason my parents/older siblings gained full citizenship to the US instantly and got to move here. It's so weird because he's such a nice guy, I'd never think he kill anything. Also, I've known him for my entire life and had no idea... so crazy. I don't think it has hit me yet though, I am not feeling as down as I would have expected.
**** sorry for your loss i didnt read that

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're right.

Best post I have seen in a long time aside from Phish-its Broken Ivan Ooze post haha

Throw issue-Movement is a lot more free in Melee...its easier to avoid throws. You can also play close to the edge if you are afraid of getting grabbed across the stage.

Jigglypuff issue-Dont go off the stage then and dont get to close...once again spacing takes care of this issue.

You're right...Brawl is a completely different game that revolves around defense A.K.A-Camping. Do you know why you have a better Falco then Marth and you do not use him anymore? Because Falco camps better than Marth. (No offense, thats how the game is played though...so no biggie) You're entire strategy revolves around you standing still waiting for someone to attack you and then sidestep and punish. If they try to space their attacks you just down B. You probably attacked me a grand total of maybe six times during our tournament match. No offense dude....you definitely camp. No johns...you won and you beat me. I'm just sick of playing a game that means absolutely nothing and does not allow me to develop as a player. Brawl takes two days to pickup and look like a solid player where as Melee takes so much time and is a constant learning process. You can do so much in that game and the accomplishment of winning a match in Melee is much greater than that of Brawl. Maybe you have not given Melee enough time to see the greatness in it or played with enough people to see just what amazing things you can do in that game. I was at Alex's house a couple of months back pretty much every Friday and him, Brookman, and I would play both Brawl and Melee. We'd play Brawl for about a solid hour and then the rest of the night just play Melee for about a good 5-6 hours (with food breaks) After playing with really good people (Khaly, Charlie, Zoso, and SEXY as well) I started to realize that Brawl is just the slowest most boring game known to man that was in NO WAY meant to be a competitive game. The concept of a story line, flying characters, "four ways to play!" slowing the game down, less hit sun, multiple air dodges, auto-sweet spotting just scream to me that the game was in no way meant to be competitive. The reason that I was drawn to the top tier characters such as GAW, MK, and Snake was because they are the best characters to hault the games traditional way to play it. I have asked numerous smashers in CT what game they felt was better and at least a good 85% said Melee. There were a few that said Brawl...not going to hide data or anything. Most of the people who are playing Brawl now are playing it because "everyone else is playing it and its the new tournament game." Brawl is a fad and will fade in time because people will begin to get bored of it just like the Nintendo Wii system as a whole.

I Like Brawl but I dont like HOW the game is played. If the defensive system of the game wasnt so broken I'd still be playing it.

Yeah, im done...
Ok Pof first of all the movement thing...what are you talking about because Brawl has way more DI than melee and the grabs/throws range are all nerfed in Brawl so not really no. If you want to set up special scenarios about how to escape these things go ahead I can do the same for Brawl.

Now...I won that set straight up yes and I am not campy with Falco at all. I barely use his laser which isn't smart of me but either way I don't camp that much so don't make low blows at how I play. My strategy revolves around me grabbing you and comboing out of it and yes if you decide to just run straight at me to do an Fair or running A I will reflect you because....I don't get hit? Then I can be agressive? I believe the situation you are talking about was when I did it to you twice and you repeatedly rolled toward me so I did it again then Usmashed you because I knew you were gonna do it hence why I say Brawl is about mind games.
I've played Melee plenty and I know how great it is and I know why people like it better. Popularity doesn't determine anything and there are plenty of credible players that will side with Brawl. It's irrelevant the point is you trash talk Brawl daily and there's no reason for it and you can't become a solid player in two days come on now. You don't think you're a way better player than you were at the first Reapers which was the first time I played you? I would definately say so and that was just months ago for a game that hasn't even been out for 6 months let alone a year.

Also I think a CT Melee tournament would be awesome. Around when would it be?

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman

I am sorry to hear that. It's rough :0(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Haha! Look at Nana pwning Poffy!
>_> Although Nana, popularity does determine which game is played competitively more often, hence why Melee has all but died out completely to the ever more popular Brawl.
-DD

Khaly

Smash Cadet
my dad was part of the Republic of South Vietnam's CIA.

he was an interrogator.
and one of his interrogation techniques was to pluck pubic hairs.

LOL.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say that it died or anything about competition. He said 85% "liked" Melee better. Also Brawl obviously will be more popular at tournies now it's the new game and more people want to be good at it. Whether or not it will stand the test of time is the real question.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer

So far I've got:

Pikmin 2 [GCN]
Custom Robo [GCN]

Add Tetris Attack plox

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok Pof first of all the movement thing...what are you talking about because Brawl has way more DI than melee and the grabs/throws range are all nerfed in Brawl so not really no. If you want to set up special scenarios about how to escape these things go ahead I can do the same for Brawl.

Now...I won that set straight up yes and I am not campy with Falco at all. I barely use his laser which isn't smart of me but either way I don't camp that much so don't make low blows at how I play. My strategy revolves around me grabbing you and comboing out of it and yes if you decide to just run straight at me to do an Fair or running A I will reflect you because....I don't get hit? Then I can be agressive? I believe the situation you are talking about was when I did it to you twice and you repeatedly rolled toward me so I did it again then Usmashed you because I knew you were gonna do it hence why I say Brawl is about mind games.
I've played Melee plenty and I know how great it is and I know why people like it better. Popularity doesn't determine anything and there are plenty of credible players that will side with Brawl. It's irrelevant the point is you trash talk Brawl daily and there's no reason for it and you can't become a solid player in two days come on now. You don't think you're a way better player than you were at the first Reapers which was the first time I played you? I would definately say so and that was just months ago for a game that hasn't even been out for 6 months let alone a year.

Also I think a CT Melee tournament would be awesome. Around when would it be?
Prolly a dbl post but w/e

You're likely the least campy Falco I've ever played and it's likely what cost you our set. Not insulting you just backing up your point.

BTW, we def MM next time, just not $5, i'm too poor, lol.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks haha yea that may be true. Playing it back I wish I stayed with Marth it's peobably my best level with him. And dude me too haha way too pooooor.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your marth was madd tricky, i think i figured it out though. I'll be practicing that match-up a lot though. And Falco is soo annoying, I'm just glad ROBOT is hard as hell to CG->Spike.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Yea he's so floaty that you can get like maybe 1 or 2 CGs in. I try not to cg too much anymore though cause people ***** at me haha. I used to just do that over and over which also isn't even good tactics. So I'll do like 2 to a dair and keep comboing if I can. Your ROB got a lot better than I last remember at Esticle. I wish I could go to Mass Madness we could have our MM there but I'll be away :0(

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Regardless of whether ppl *****, **** em, do what wins. And yeah, somehow I'm improving a TON all the time, but i don't even own a Wii so I don't get it.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
So I played both Melee and Brawl with my girlfriend today for the first time. First we popped in Melee and I asked her "Hey, have you ever heard of this game before?" She goes, "Oh, you play Melee? I love to watch this game, its pretty cool!" Then I asked her if she had played Brawl before and she said no....showed her the game and she goes "This game is much slower." I then said "Do you want to play this or put Melee back on?"

She goes "Wii sports so I can beat you in bowling.....duh! but if I had to choose.....definitely the first one."

I <3 her. haha

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Nobody discussed my NH melee tournament. Would anybody go? I'm counting on you CT.
JV and I just played a whole crapload of Melee. If he goes, I'll go. But don't schedule it until September, since I probably won't have a free Saturday until then.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
your gf sounds cuteee! pics! OF BOTH OF YOU!

Will do. She has a few on her camera which i'll snag from her on Thursday when I see her again.

I spent like 50 dollars on her tonight. She put a huge dent in my wallet haha

Nobody discussed my NH melee tournament. Would anybody go? I'm counting on you CT.
I will DEBATE that. Distance johns.

Edit- YES! My sig finally reveals its beautiful new Melee glory.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
LOL. 50 >.>. I've spent like 5 grand of PC's wallet LOL.
Good stats.....good stuff.

I was just about to say "Pics or it didn't happen!"
-DD
Haha, good stuff DD. I'm starting to love you more and more now.

Someone/some people should come over my house tomorrow to play Melee with me. No Brawl.

Top Bottom