• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
like i said earlier, it only seems to exist in low level play in 2d/3d fighters, so rarely does a game actually rely on button mashing. brawl certainly doesn't, prince, so don't act all innocent lol.
Thank you sir and thanks Milktea :0)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Hey hey PoF, once upon a time I wrote a nice post to you and you totally ignored me >:[, then I was a bit offended. But I never jumped on the bandwagon of harassing you! I'M SORRY FOR NOT STICKING UP THOUGH, it was bothersome seeing everyone toasting your *** over a fire after a while -_-;.
You did? I'm sorry :urg: You're easily the cutest smasher in CT. I just never really talked to you much because I got the feeling that you weren't too fond of me when I met you. (9th esticle I think?) You're really cool, nice, etc

Dazwa-Yeah, that was when PC burned me REALLY BAD and Cort and I were like ready to kill eachother. Oh how I developed as a person. I used to also think that Aesir wanted to secretly murder me but him and I are buddies.

Also- the button mashing thing..I meant mashing the L and R button so much (Brawl is all about that shield and sidestep) so that it breaks haha

In Melee you can actually SPIKE with Marth. Seriously, i've made my point...wont insult Brawl anymore unless someone really lives it open for insult.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I suppose it was immature of me to contradict or ***** at you in the first place but you must admit you go out of your way to bash Brawl and let people know you do and I disagreed with some of the things you said. So yea I hope everyone understands that I'm not a moron :0(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
You're easily the cutest smasher in CT. I just never really talked to you much because I got the feeling that you weren't too fond of me when I met you. (9th esticle I think?) You're really cool, nice, etc
>_> Where is Darc? Darc would probably have something funny to say here.
Or someone who wants to be cuter than Lil. Like Khaly!
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I suppose it was immature of me to contradict or ***** at you in the first place but you must admit you go out of your way to bash Brawl and let people know you do and I disagreed with some of the things you said. So yea I hope everyone understands that I'm not a moron :0(

Talking to me?

Yeah, I do go out of my way but its just a phase I am in right now. It will pass in a good day or two. Its not like im a BAD player in Brawl and have no idea what I'm talking about though. I use Shiek for god sakes and have placed well at pretty much every tourney I've gone too.

you can't in PAL Melee :D
Thats pretty depressing. Haha, Dazwa you made me this amazing sig. I <3 you sir.

Anyway, done posting for the night and uhhh once again

Someone play Melee with me tomorrow! ooo definitely calling Alex tomorrow!

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I'm not joking at all. Melee is constant button mashing I never said it was unorganized but still button mashing.

What's to disagree on? There's wavedashing which is mad clanky and you hit L right before you hit the ground every time. That's not mashing buttons?
s...t...f...u...
Calling either game a button masher is pretty ****ing stupid, lol

edit: button mashing =/= pushing lots of buttons, it's the act of pushing buttons unintelligently in hopes something good will come out of it. This doesn't work at all in Smash because YOU MUST RECOVER, but it seems to be quite common in low level play for 2d/3d fighters.
*high five*
also, if u button mash in melee, ur gonna end up air dodging/SDing all 4 stocks

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Wrong .

EDIT- Fun fact: The guy that stabbed Paul Pierce a few years ago is a distant cousin of mine.
Wow small world huh? I'm exhausted...If anyone wants to meet up next week to play some smash let me know.

Trade you weren't around when this took place and you apparently didn't read what I said.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
button mashing is when someone doesnt know what they are doing and they just "mash" buttons doesnt mean they are doing it fast. in melee people push the buttons fast, but they know what they are doing.

lol ofcourse im mad late again, and everyone is sleeping.

noodles

Smash Champion
im not sleeping i just spent the last 2 hrs trying to figure out why i cant shorthop double laser with fox, i can do it now lol. the trick i found (for me anyways) is to jump with y when trying to do it, so now i jump with both y and x. i could also occasionally pulloff 3-4 double shines lol

_V_

Smash Ace
Good **** yo! Now all you have to do is make sure you can run around while shdl and you know how to play Fox :)

The first thing Michael Brookman ever taught me: just run around and shoot lasers!

Cort

Apple Head
Alright so don't call me uneducated since you don't know me at all and are just basing your statement on two words and not what I actually said or meant, 1 and 2 I do know what I'm talking about. I was simply saying that Melee is ****ing clanky and loud and is constant constant hitting of buttons unlike Brawl which is RELATIVELY QUIET IM COMPARISON. Another way of saying constant hitting of buttons would be button mashing no?
yes then no

http://www.warsow.net/?page=home

this is the best fps I've ever played

it's retardedly fast paced and awesome and there's neat little techs you can do

Laijin

Smash Hero
im not sleeping i just spent the last 2 hrs trying to figure out why i cant shorthop double laser with fox, i can do it now lol. the trick i found (for me anyways) is to jump with y when trying to do it, so now i jump with both y and x. i could also occasionally pulloff 3-4 double shines lol
I heard everyone who does it normally uses the control stick.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The last two pages were hilarious.

Forgot to mention this earlier, at the C3 last Saturday I played M2k in Brawl. He had never played a good Diddy Kong before, so he was learning how to using Metaknight. When I was bannana comboing him he was like, "What am I supposed to do against this!!". So he attempted to approach me with tornado. I threw a bannana at him and knocked him out of it. He freaked out, "IT STOPS THE TORNADO!?!?" ROFL. I was laughing so hard. Haha, good ol M2k.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
brawl sucks.
Don't forget about connotations, nana.

Generalizing that much is a pretty weak way to argue.

Hi, cort, aiser.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I know the conotation but I figured people would get what I meant, Iwas never trying to argue in the first place. I love how no one cared that Pof called Brawl a button mashing game haha. Ridiculous.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Brawl is an L and R button mashing game haha (shielding and side stepping....and air dodging)

Why did they feel the urge to insert multiple air dodges?

Your opponent only has time to attack you once with either an aerial or a ground based attack before you land so whats the point of inserting multiple? Sure you can dodge falcos lasers and junk while you are trying to recover but it makes you have less time to actually recover and miss the ledge with such characters as Marth, Ike, Mario, Falco, etc...so once again epic fail Nintendo.

They just did it I suppose for people who cant time anything well, hence the broken shield and sidestep as well. Put it all together and it once again is a broken defensive system.

Off to work now...Take it easy guys.

_milktea

Smash Lord
You know **** really sucks when your AC is broken, so you have the sun roof opened, windows rolled down...and then you get stuck behind a garbage truck....for most of Route 32 South.

Top Bottom