• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Papito

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE doing that, getting kills at 60% is a beautiful thing in brawl lol. I hate it when Darc somehow miraculously DIs it so he flies above the ledge and doesn't die =(
i play my brother all the time too. living with someone that is good competition is really good for training.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
My brother taught me how to edgehog. I thought it was the cheapest thing I'd ever seen the first time he did it to me.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I used to know all the pokeraps. I gota 96/151

OH how I've fallen from grace.

I spent like 2 minutes trying to figure out how to spell kangaskhan.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
My brother is named Patric Sun.

My twin is named Michael Gale.
Yeah! Pipes the man. Remember when he was around? Because I do. He left the scene about the time I came in. He had a sexy Fox.

I dont know Nus.........:(

stfu noob :mad:
Where the hell has Mike been? :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

By the way-I'm starting to hate Brawl more now. Its nothing compared to Melee.

noodles

Smash Champion
i only got 48/151, i guess im just weak in the pokemon sac, there was some i knew but couldnt spell though :/

noodles

Smash Champion
right now im 36 wins (suppose to be 38 but there 2 disputes) and 8 losses, not bad i think

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> I'm watching Fruits Basket all day today.
WHY AM I ADDICTED TO SHOJOS?!
-DD

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I've never really gotten that into it. Whenever me and my cousins are on vacation we'll buy one of the preconstructed decks and play with that for the week, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting more serious, seems kinda expensive though...

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
So I've decided to stop playing Brawl...it really is a horrible game.

I played Melee today in Watertown with Pipe, (yes, I hung out with Pipe today!) Awsmsean, and Samikay and realized that Melee truly is a better game than Brawl. People who are good at Melee and know what they are talking about in terms of smash brothers think Melee is better....people who are not as good in Melee like Brawl better because they see Brawl as a chance to get noticed as a "good smasher." People argue the fact that Melee is simply all technical skill and memorizing combos. In a sense, that is true but it definitely takes much more skill to pay attention to a faster pace game, DI in a game where its not as simple, be more careful when recovering to the stage to sweet spot it, learn what moves work on what characters and soooo much more.

I'll be the first person to admit that I am not GREAT at Melee, I am definitely not. The fact is though, there is just so much more depth and things to learn from playing Melee as opposed to Brawl. Any smasher can simply pickup Brawl and within a day or two become a solid player. Not a GREAT player, but solid. Thats just sad because there is no development in playing the game...its just laid out on the table for you.

When you watch a Brawl match its really really boring. The pace is slow, they all look the EXACT same, and the intensity is gone. When you watch a melee battle its pretty intense. When I was at Southern two semesters ago (before Brawl came out) between classes I would go to the library and watch Melee footage to learn things and see what the best players out there do, what attacks they use against whom, etc etc. I've probably watched a total of maybe 10 Brawl matches online on youtube, they are beyond boring. We all know watching Melee matches is much more intense.

Deep in our hearts we all know Brawl revolves around two things:

-Camping
-Shileding then punishing.

So I'm basically probably not going to be competing anymore...there is no point in it. Brawl was never meant to be a competitive game. By adding in "four ways to play!", a story mode, final smashes, slower game play, and the most broken defense in any smash brothers game there is no way Brawl was intended on being a competitive game. Is it fun? Yes. Is it the new game to play? Yes. In fact, I kind of like it that way. I want to play smash now...just for fun. No tournaments....no proving whos the best!....or anything of the sort. I just want to play Melee and have fun. I never devoted any time to Melee because I wanted to not "waste my time" getting better at a game that would soon be dead where everyone would transition to Brawl. We were all wrong, Brawl was a huge disappointment. I originally thought that Brawl was a really good game....but once I opened my eyes and saw how everyone plays and how its all the EXACT same thing, I changed my mind.

I mean no disrespect to the Pro Brawl people out there and to the people who still want to play the game. I'm just sick of playing a game that has nothing to it. Its too simple and dry.

If anyone ever wants to play Melee, let me know!!! I want to get better.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
You can trust me when I say this. Magic is only expensive if you buy cards. I know, sounds kind of obvious, but after playing at high level events I can honestly say I haven't spent any money on magic in over two years. If you get into the competitive seen you will make some decent friends and it just becomes a borrow fest. I can't tell you how many times I have just walked into a place for a tournament and asked to borrow a deck. Also you could play limited formats.

EDIT-
pof- I will also state that I SUCK at melee compared to people who compete, I'm alot better at brawl then I was at melee but I still have more fun losing to people in melee who are alot better then me then I do when I beat people in brawl.

Even the other day I was playing brawl with some friends which is rare because they hate to play against me, and they got board of it fast. Then I had the bright idea of switching to melee I destroyed them in melee even more so then in brawl but they had more fun playing melee. Even as I was attempting to wave shine and ken combo them, they enjoyed melee more. Melee is just more fun and impresive.

Top Bottom