• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea i had some big hate message typed for PoF but i stopped, because i didnt wanna get banned.

your not welcome here.

GTFO

(no srsly)

how bout u make ur own thread if what u think you say is true and will get listened to cuz no one here is listening.

sad newf@g is sad.....

(hikari is pretty cute,even tho she is highly upset by this ***gotry)

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Ok... i have so much to say now....first things first with V posting his approval of me we are officially at 8 (9 counting me, but someone informed me that me wanting to go should not count)..........

Secondly, Dazwa...your "re-" post is officially the reason why you are my posting idol.

Third, Swift...I met you once, and I doubt you remember me, but I enjoy your posts and I would love to play and talk to you more keep up the good stuff.

Fourth, trade may or may not come on Thursday, but once again I am extending an invitation to anyone to come Thursday or Friday to chill.

Turnip's official Esticle petition 8/15

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
oas (may I call u that for short XD)

we met? **** im sorry im such a f**kin star in the community i see soooo many faces lulz....j/k of course. but yeah some of y'all i've met for like 2 sec and this summer I hope to see you @ some event

_milktea

Smash Lord
dammit i hate smashboards

it wouldnt tell me that i love dazwa for using the powerpuff professor avatar

die smashboards, die, you're annoying.

PS! CONGRATS Jam, how exciting :3.

Cort

Apple Head
If I get my car by Thursday or Friday I'll definitely come visit Jose (and get drizzunk and play vidjogames and spend the night talking about boy things <3)

errr.. who's jealous?

_milktea

Smash Lord
i'm purti jealous of cort

lololol turnip iz amazing etc

I'm feeling pretty lightheaded mew

Edit: In regards to competing in a video game being the only thing that matters to me, I really play for this community rather than the game itself. But, it'd be nice if the game actually struck some interest within me >_>;.

And I'm gonna be the first to admit it but, I personally enjoyed ****** the **** out of noobs in Melee lolol. Seeing as I've been around competitively for almost two years, it's somewhat reassuring knowing that your experience and practice will pay off and you can beat someone who's new, unlike..Brawl >____>;. *Thinks of Ken D:.*

Melee is amazing, though I must admit, I'm starting to get bored of it myself :/, but Brawl bores me within minutes. Minutes...

It's so irritating hearing all my non-competitive friends tell me how they're going to kick my butt now because it's a new game :/. Hell, I'm gonna get good at this game just to **** them/scrubs and of course, so I can remain glued to my Smashcommunitylovelove. Oh yeah, it's also annoying when people tell me that the only reason I dislike Brawl is because I'm a competitive Melee player lolol wut. Sowwy if yar game doezn't hold interest in meeh plx. Auto sweet spot takez skill, bai de waiz. To quote Aiser, "MARF DITTOEZ ARE A TROO TEST OF SKEEL."

PS. I feel like nothing I ever say matters.

Edit: LOL. Pasted from RIGHT after posting.

Person [SN Removed]: brawl sux
Riru Hates You: i agree
Person [SN Removed]: yeh its floateee
Riru Hates You: its stupid
Person [SN Removed]: yep and alot slwoer than melle
Person [SN Removed]: ur just mad cause ur not the shti anymore
Person [SN Removed]: lol

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
If I get my car by Thursday or Friday I'll definitely come visit Jose (and get drizzunk and play vidjogames and spend the night talking about boy things <3)

errr.. who's jealous?
I AM.........wait.........I am a part of that amazingness lols.....

@Swift......you can call me OAS or you can call me by my tag (turnip) or Jose...

were you at VLS? I forget what we met at, but I'm quite sure we did.....anyway......I hope to meet you once again (or for the first time)

How is CT holding up?

Official Turnip Esticle petition 8/15

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
i'm purti jealous of cort
Sowwy if yar game doezn't hold interest in meeh plx. Auto sweet spot takez skill, bai de waiz.

PS. I feel like nothing I ever say matters.

Edit: LOL.

Person: brawl sux
Riru Hates You: i agree
Person: yeh its floateee
Riru Hates You: its stupid
Person: yep and alot slwoer than melle
Person: ur just mad cause ur not the shti anymore
Person: lol
HOLY POO ON A STICK BATMAN PoF HACKED MILKTEA'S ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!

Jealous of Cort....check
Brawl takes skill....check...
Posts don't really matter....check....

this dastardly person left clues hidden in a wonderful "milktea" post.......my god....this is getting out of control

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Fact: All peach mains in CT are wonderful people.

Fact: Nus and V a wonderful, beautiful people

Fact: Both Silas and Dove/Hazygoose are people i want to see and play very soon.

Fact: I would not be on the boards today if it weren't for the 4 swords.

Fact: Brookman once signed up at an esticle as "Turnip"

Fact: I am Brookman's biggest fan.

Fact: I love just about everyone in the CT thread

Aesir

Smash Master
Fallenpiratevyse: oh when you're off the stage
Fallenpiratevyse: you just instant come back to the stage
Fallenpiratevyse: no recovery needed!
Cort 28633: SUPER AUTO SWEET SPOT
Cort 28633: then when you jump from ledge you die off top
Cort 28633: whiloe tripping
Cort 28633: someone get sakurai on the phone
Cort 28633: hed love our ideas
Fallenpiratevyse: LOL

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I kinda want to get good at Brawl for the same reason lil. Oh, wait, I'm already ****** all my friends with every character in the game. Brawl is tooooo easy. The only thing i'm having a lot of fun with is the HRC and target tests....and of course making my friends angry.

I don't even know how good I am at Brawl yet, ****** my friends doesn't really gauge much.

p.s. doesn't PoF ever learn his lesson?

p.p.s. LOL@the above post. Ideas for Super Smash Brothers Lawl. Someone should make a satirical thread in the Brawl forum for ideas for Sakurai in the next game and see how long it takes Brawl enthusiasts to catch on that it's making fun of it. Like how about, when you hit your opponent, your attack randomly does absolutely nothing...FUN RIGHT!?!

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
So I started thinking about it, and its actually true. I find that most competitive melee players don't like brawl, and most noncompetitive players love it. Its pretty simple to see why. Any competitive player recognizes the depth instantly that comes with the speed and exploits of Melee. Ive played brawl for a week and a half and I really don't know how I can get much better aside from just playing smarter, but hey, I thought the same thing about melee, then I showed up to my first tournament pretty confident as my hometown hero and got rapefaced by Pipe... over and over, and I didnt understand how. So, while I doubt it, Brawl might still surprise us with its depth, but I guess I still have a reason to get better at melee. And im glad because I dont feel like I can ever be as good as I can be at that game, whereas I feel like ive already reached that plateau with brawl within 2 weeks.

**** sakurai, tripping?! wtf were you thinking?

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
Although I definitely think we should at least do a tournament or two before passing final judgement.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Man. Im tired of this argument.
So i'll just conclude in a few sentences:
"Advanced" techniques does not make a fighting game more competitive. Im glad its nothing like Melee because its a new game and I dont wanna play melee 2.0. Competetive players who are good at Melee dont like brawl because its not Melee 2.0 and they cant do the same things.

Brawl to Melee is the same as comparing Soul Calibur 2 to Soul Calibur 3 or Tekken 5 to Tekken 3 or 4. Tournament players say Soul Calibur 2 is MUCH MUCH better than 3. I dont see how. Its the same ****ing game. Just not on a gamecube and with more characters. Tekken 5. I can slightly see the difference in 3 and 4. But overall, its the same **** game.

In conclusion. Brawl is not Melee. Dont play it like Melee. Learn the game.
Thx.

_milktea

Smash Lord
I love you Laijin, but LOL @ being the perfect example of my post.

Laijin said:
"Advanced" techniques does not make a fighting game more competitive. Im glad its nothing like Melee because its a new game and I dont wanna play melee 2.0. Competetive players who are good at Melee dont like brawl because its not Melee 2.0 and they cant do the same things.
To some extent you're right, a thing that Brawl promotes is more playing smart as opposed to having technical skill, where as in Melee, you could be the most idiotic Fox player ever and as long as you had your tech, you'd obliterate uncompetitive players below you. But regardless, REGARDLESS, there is clearly a shift in Nintendo's aim with Brawl, it's CLEARLY been scrubified for a more casual gamer audience as far as I'm concerned. No, I'm not saying that I've abandoned Brawl and that it's terrible and that it's shallow and I've given up completely on it, actually, I'm pretty sure I bought the game at midnight and it's sitting behind me right now.

But man, the one thing that really bothers me, auto sweet spot? WHY? Was sweet spotting an "advanced" technique? NO, it was just an element of the game that took skill and we gave it a fancy name. Wavedashing go bye bye? Fine. Lcanceling? Fine. Those aspects only made the game seem more competitive because it takes more skill to be able to incorporate both technical skills along with playing smart (lol, I wrote smarth, gg).

But AUTO...SWEET...SPOT? WHAT? I FREAKING HATE normal fighting games, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, I hate how alike they are with a screen, characters must face each other, a life bar, etc. Both Melee and N64 give the player so much freedom. Oh, you wanna sweet spot? K, oh wait, you don't? You want to land on the stage? Fine, go for it! But with Brawl, WOWWW, auto sweet spot. Takes away the ability to edgeguard from on the stage! Now that I think about it, I bet that's why they created that :/, too many people just standing by the edge spamming smashes and getting easy KO's because people couldn't learn to sweet spot for the life of them, but yar, if they DID put this feature in with this intent, then aren't they in a way, nullifying the skill (hey hey, note that I said skill, not making it less competitive) required to play the game? You might say that with this, it promotes off the stage edgeguarding, yar, that's sexy and all but I'm pretty sure we did that in Melee too *thinks of Cort and M2K gimping spacies*.

Oh and regarding giving Brawl a chance, even though we ***** and ***** endlessly about how much it sucks, I'm PRETTY SURE WE'RE making a Brawl-esticle. Eh? Pretty sure even PC posted saying, yes, it should be Brawl when he's easily one of the top Melee players LOL. Dang, we say it sucks but we're clearly still playing it and giving it a chance. I for one am more open minded and hopeful about the game, I hope that it'll grow with time :/. Melee lasted us years v_v;.

Edit: Meow, in a way, yeah. Humans are afraid of change, I don't like change T_T. I don't like how Brawl has changed our community. I don't like how I edgehog and roll on and they STILL grab the edge, I get all frustrated -.-. But but, I know if the game gets better I'll stfu and learn to lurve it. Maybe, mebbe!? We'll learn to adapt :3.

Yeah, so I'm definitely bored and not wanting to my homework, hence random participation in debates via forums lawl. Johns. FACK! Or maybe I just want to seem somewhat intelligible, wooo! I just had a Caesar salad and it was better than Brawl, dang <3.

Edit 2:
onioncray0ns: do I have to respond to that?
Riru Hates You: no
Riru Hates You: i was just bored
Riru Hates You: ROFL
Riru Hates You: besides, my post doesnt rly even go against u
Riru Hates You: i didnt argue that its less competitive exactly
Riru Hates You: just said so far it seems like theres less skill involved
Riru Hates You: lolol
Riru Hates You: so farrr
Riru Hates You: is the keyword
onioncray0ns: lol
onioncray0ns: I do actually really hate the auto sweetspot
Riru Hates You: me too! im like, yayy i wanna land on the stage
Riru Hates You: actually its ok when im lazy, but it takes away my freedom
Riru Hates You: that i liked having in melee/64
onioncray0ns: yea
onioncray0ns: :(

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Man. Im tired of this argument.
So i'll just conclude in a few sentences:

In conclusion. Brawl is not Melee. Dont play it like Melee. Learn the game.
Thx.
1st. Way to not be from CT and post horse manure in our thread.
2nd. No one here is arguing, we make statements and morons like you are the only ones who bring an argument to the table. If you're tired of the "argument" then stfu.
3rd. AT's DO make a game MORE competitive, even many scrubs will admit that. They are not necessary for COMPETITION, but any game can be competitive in that respect. Duck, Duck, Goose can be competitive if enough people are interested in it.
4th. Way to bring up the "melee 2.0" argument as if we haven't heard this enough. As if we're not well aware that Brawl is different. We don't mind it being "different", we mind that it lacks the skill of it's predecessor and that instead of the AT's of melee being replaced by "different" ones, there's just...nothing. A game that comes out 6 years later should be improved, not hindered.
5th. We have learned the game, for the most part, thanks. There is no intelligence that supports the possibility of there being any game breaking tech that we've yet to uncover.

Go post dumb arguments somewhere in the Brawl Discussion thread where people might actually humor you even more.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Auto-sweet spot just means it's harder to edgeguard. You either have to be an amazing gimper, or you're going to have to do what the game intended you to do: build up damage and knock your opponent off the old-fashion way (but don't give up! Use up+b to recover!).

There are plenty of advance techniques in Brawl waiting to be discovered. I don't like how this game has been out for a week and a half and people are already condemning and defining what it is and what it isn't.

I don't think the game has been dumbed down. We're just all noobs @ Brawl and afraid to admit it.

Omni <3's Milk of the Tea.

Hooray for insomnia.

_milktea

Smash Lord
<3 Omni.

Only harder because we don't have sweet spotting manually anymore v_v;. We could do it all in Melee T_T;.

Edit: Was it like this when Melee came out? I wouldn't know since I was like...11 years old <_<;.

GG @ doing my English homework. Gg. T___T;. Moocow.

Laijin

Smash Hero
1st. Way to not be from CT and post horse manure in our thread.
2nd. No one here is arguing, we make statements and morons like you are the only ones who bring an argument to the table. If you're tired of the "argument" then stfu.
3rd. AT's DO make a game MORE competitive, even many scrubs will admit that. They are not necessary for COMPETITION, but any game can be competitive in that respect. Duck, Duck, Goose can be competitive if enough people are interested in it.
4th. Way to bring up the "melee 2.0" argument as if we haven't heard this enough. As if we're not well aware that Brawl is different. We don't mind it being "different", we mind that it lacks the skill of it's predecessor and that instead of the AT's of melee being replaced by "different" ones, there's just...nothing. A game that comes out 6 years later should be improved, not hindered.
5th. We have learned the game, for the most part, thanks. There is no intelligence that supports the possibility of there being any game breaking tech that we've yet to uncover.

Go post dumb arguments somewhere in the Brawl Discussion thread where people might actually humor you even more.
1. How am bringing crap to your thread? Im contributing to the conversation.
2. Once again. I may have worded my stuff weird. But im contributing tot he conversation
3. No. ATs DO NOT make a game more competitive. If a crappy fighting game like, lets say..Mortal Kombat Advanced had advanced techs, the game will still be pure crap even with all the ATs. If an awesome fighting game like Guilty Gear or Melty Blood had advanced techs, it wont change the competitive level in game(Sure GG does have ATs. But the game actually tells you about them. lol).
4. It does'nt really lack the amount of skill it's predecessor had. Thats like saying "OMG TEKKEN 5 SUCKS CUZ I CAN'T PULL OFF NINA'S 0-DEATH COMBO". Even though im sure she has one, cause that game is almost as broken as Melee(almost). You just have to learn the character over again. They wont play the same way they did in Tekken 3 or 4. lol. Same thing apply to brawl. Its not the same thing. The same **** wont work. Learn how to play the game.
5. Sure. You discovered lots of glitches and **** and you think you all know everything about the game since it's been out for 1 month. Whoacool this game is'nt that deep.
wow. thats the stupidest **** ever. Just at the very core, with all the shield counters, sheild counter counters, shield counter counter counters, aerial dodges, just the amount of creativity you can do with combos and how every character is good and plays unique just gives this game a **** ton of potential to be an amazing fighting game that Melee never had when it first came out.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm just gonna quote a post I made in another thread concerning similar thoughts I'm having in this current topic of discussion.

hey its that guy who plays the young link

i play the young link too from time to time

high five

Top Bottom