• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Spawn sorry I didn't add you last night, I was busy.

Is Maine/anybody going to AB this weekend? I need people to hang out with.

So this morning on the way to work I hit and killed a coyote... the definition of wtf. I'm still pretty shaken up. so ****ed up

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
well jose, i'd like to start off by saying how sad i am that you didn't have me as 1/15 without even asking, silly you! +100000000000007 to Jose's count.

ew, why are people still fighting about stuff? you know how hard that makes this thread to read? everyone wants to type lots of stuff to debate things and junk, yuck. i vote, pOf and cort have 3/5 set match in brawl battlefield no items. if paul wins then pOf stops making brawl related posts. if pof wins he can have inf brawl flaming rights.

no one might like these ideas, which is fine, i'm very high atm =).

dear jam,
if i can't make it to your tourny, i'll get a brownie to you thru someone else!
lub alox.

also, jason you better come up here for said tournies >.> *shakes fist*

time to smoke another blunt and eat candy/play video games etc.

have a lovely day ct thread, and be good! (ie. no 3 pages of debate spam in 24 hours)

love you all <3(sides the ones i don't, you don't know who you are...mwhahaha)

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Laijin, your post is so god awful that i'm not going to take the time to point out all the flaws in your argument. You're clearly a scrub. You think like a scrub, therefore, I cannot change your mind. You'll have to learn for yourself.

Also, this is the CONNECTICUT player finder thread. So you are NOT "contributing" to this thread, gtfo and go to the Brawl threads with that crap.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I feel like an alternate CT thread for people who want to play/talk about melee related things is in order.

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
morning guys!

TURNIP'S ESTCILE PETITION 11/15........WE ARE SO CLOSE

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TOMORROWWWWWWWW!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
i'm purti jealous of cort

lololol turnip iz amazing etc

I'm feeling pretty lightheaded mew

Edit: In regards to competing in a video game being the only thing that matters to me, I really play for this community rather than the game itself. But, it'd be nice if the game actually struck some interest within me >_>;.

And I'm gonna be the first to admit it but, I personally enjoyed ****** the **** out of noobs in Melee lolol. Seeing as I've been around competitively for almost two years, it's somewhat reassuring knowing that your experience and practice will pay off and you can beat someone who's new, unlike..Brawl >____>;. *Thinks of Ken D:.*

Melee is amazing, though I must admit, I'm starting to get bored of it myself :/, but Brawl bores me within minutes. Minutes...

It's so irritating hearing all my non-competitive friends tell me how they're going to kick my butt now because it's a new game :/. Hell, I'm gonna get good at this game just to **** them/scrubs and of course, so I can remain glued to my Smashcommunitylovelove. Oh yeah, it's also annoying when people tell me that the only reason I dislike Brawl is because I'm a competitive Melee player lolol wut. Sowwy if yar game doezn't hold interest in meeh plx. Auto sweet spot takez skill, bai de waiz. To quote Aiser, "MARF DITTOEZ ARE A TROO TEST OF SKEEL."

PS. I feel like nothing I ever say matters.

Edit: LOL. Pasted from RIGHT after posting.

Person [SN Removed]: brawl sux
Riru Hates You: i agree
Person [SN Removed]: yeh its floateee
Riru Hates You: its stupid
Person [SN Removed]: yep and alot slwoer than melle
Person [SN Removed]: ur just mad cause ur not the shti anymore
Person [SN Removed]: lol
I love you Laijin, but LOL @ being the perfect example of my post.

To some extent you're right, a thing that Brawl promotes is more playing smart as opposed to having technical skill, where as in Melee, you could be the most idiotic Fox player ever and as long as you had your tech, you'd obliterate uncompetitive players below you. But regardless, REGARDLESS, there is clearly a shift in Nintendo's aim with Brawl, it's CLEARLY been scrubified for a more casual gamer audience as far as I'm concerned. No, I'm not saying that I've abandoned Brawl and that it's terrible and that it's shallow and I've given up completely on it, actually, I'm pretty sure I bought the game at midnight and it's sitting behind me right now.

But man, the one thing that really bothers me, auto sweet spot? WHY? Was sweet spotting an "advanced" technique? NO, it was just an element of the game that took skill and we gave it a fancy name. Wavedashing go bye bye? Fine. Lcanceling? Fine. Those aspects only made the game seem more competitive because it takes more skill to be able to incorporate both technical skills along with playing smart (lol, I wrote smarth, gg).

But AUTO...SWEET...SPOT? WHAT? I FREAKING HATE normal fighting games, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, I hate how alike they are with a screen, characters must face each other, a life bar, etc. Both Melee and N64 give the player so much freedom. Oh, you wanna sweet spot? K, oh wait, you don't? You want to land on the stage? Fine, go for it! But with Brawl, WOWWW, auto sweet spot. Takes away the ability to edgeguard from on the stage! Now that I think about it, I bet that's why they created that :/, too many people just standing by the edge spamming smashes and getting easy KO's because people couldn't learn to sweet spot for the life of them, but yar, if they DID put this feature in with this intent, then aren't they in a way, nullifying the skill (hey hey, note that I said skill, not making it less competitive) required to play the game? You might say that with this, it promotes off the stage edgeguarding, yar, that's sexy and all but I'm pretty sure we did that in Melee too *thinks of Cort and M2K gimping spacies*.

Oh and regarding giving Brawl a chance, even though we ***** and ***** endlessly about how much it sucks, I'm PRETTY SURE WE'RE making a Brawl-esticle. Eh? Pretty sure even PC posted saying, yes, it should be Brawl when he's easily one of the top Melee players LOL. Dang, we say it sucks but we're clearly still playing it and giving it a chance. I for one am more open minded and hopeful about the game, I hope that it'll grow with time :/. Melee lasted us years v_v;.

Edit: Meow, in a way, yeah. Humans are afraid of change, I don't like change T_T. I don't like how Brawl has changed our community. I don't like how I edgehog and roll on and they STILL grab the edge, I get all frustrated -.-. But but, I know if the game gets better I'll stfu and learn to lurve it. Maybe, mebbe!? We'll learn to adapt :3.

Yeah, so I'm definitely bored and not wanting to my homework, hence random participation in debates via forums lawl. Johns. FACK! Or maybe I just want to seem somewhat intelligible, wooo! I just had a Caesar salad and it was better than Brawl, dang <3.

Edit 2:
onioncray0ns: do I have to respond to that?
Riru Hates You: no
Riru Hates You: i was just bored
Riru Hates You: ROFL
Riru Hates You: besides, my post doesnt rly even go against u
Riru Hates You: i didnt argue that its less competitive exactly
Riru Hates You: just said so far it seems like theres less skill involved
Riru Hates You: lolol
Riru Hates You: so farrr
Riru Hates You: is the keyword
onioncray0ns: lol
onioncray0ns: I do actually really hate the auto sweetspot
Riru Hates You: me too! im like, yayy i wanna land on the stage
Riru Hates You: actually its ok when im lazy, but it takes away my freedom
Riru Hates You: that i liked having in melee/64
onioncray0ns: yea
onioncray0ns: :(
Auto-sweet spot just means it's harder to edgeguard. You either have to be an amazing gimper, or you're going to have to do what the game intended you to do: build up damage and knock your opponent off the old-fashion way (but don't give up! Use up+b to recover!).

There are plenty of advance techniques in Brawl waiting to be discovered. I don't like how this game has been out for a week and a half and people are already condemning and defining what it is and what it isn't.

I don't think the game has been dumbed down. We're just all noobs @ Brawl and afraid to admit it.

Omni <3's Milk of the Tea.

Hooray for insomnia.
I hope that after these two fine posts this ridiculous argument can stop. Either play the game or don't.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i <3 u omni but if u don't think brawl has been dumbed down you're just being biased and ignorant because you WANT it to be a good game.

i WANT it to be a good game too, and i HOPE that there are things we find that make it such, but Sakurai obviously tried his hardest to keep these things out of the game.

It's one thinng to be optomistic and hopeful that the community will break the newbie shell of brawl, but sakurai attempted his best to make it newb friendly and for us to suffer.

only time will tell, but ignorantly praising brawls ability to have depth is just wrong.

Cort

Apple Head
An alternate CT topic would detract from us getting posts in this topic. What a stupid idea!

Also this is not the brawl CT topic or melee CT topic, it's just the CT topic

P.S. Brawl sucks

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Last time I heard MD/VA was pretty excited about brawl and stopped caring bout melee(greg suggested it in a post not in power rankings not too long ago i believe)

fight the good fight plank

LokiBoki

Smash Rookie
Alright then just making sure. I haven't read the thousands of pages =P

SOOOO, who likes brawl? Ignore the lack of advanced techs for now and treat it as a game for it's fun factor. MEEE

jvsmooth

Smash Cadet
Hey guys sorry it took so long to get on here but I've been busy with some things. If you guys wanna add my friend and wii code then just hit me up a pm or talk to my crewmates Jam and or Hazy or Brookman and they will get in touch with me. I hope to see you guys online and at a tourny soon. Now time to go back to training........

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah, Brawl is fun and stuff.

I think it's a joke to play competitively and I think once everyone realizes they suck at the game and that it just boils down to hardcore campfest 2008 they'll just stop trying to play it competitively and let it collect dust on their shelves. This is just a prediction, though.

Darc you should have told me about that deal :[

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Last time I heard MD/VA was pretty excited about brawl and stopped caring bout melee(greg suggested it in a post not in power rankings not too long ago i believe)

fight the good fight plank
we like it just as little as everyone else - but we aren't going to fool ourselves. Melee is dead, whether we like it or not, and its time to move on.

....even if moving on means going back in time 5 years

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Seeing the ness Icon in Darc's thing, I realized he should cosplay Lucas. >_>

For a fun party game, I think brawl is fine. FFA/Items/All Maps with your non-competitive friends is really fun but it then becomes like every other game. I'll play it from time to time but it won't have a special spot in me like melee. I played the ffa/etc in melee/64 and it was fun but never really looked back on it. It becomes like another mario party or something. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

Cort

Apple Head
I had a dream that we all realized Brawl sucked and then we all played Melee in tournament for the next 6 years until SSB: Clumsy came out (98% of the time you trip and everyones so floaty they die off the top as soon as you jump, also the moment you leave the stage you automatically grab the ledge SUPER SWEET SPOT)

:D yay

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i <3 u omni but if u don't think brawl has been dumbed down you're just being biased and ignorant because you WANT it to be a good game.

i WANT it to be a good game too, and i HOPE that there are things we find that make it such, but Sakurai obviously tried his hardest to keep these things out of the game.

It's one thinng to be optomistic and hopeful that the community will break the newbie shell of brawl, but sakurai attempted his best to make it newb friendly and for us to suffer.

only time will tell, but ignorantly praising brawls ability to have depth is just wrong.
Rather than praising Brawl's ability to have depth, I'm shunning people who claim Brawl has no depth. I swear I felt the same way toward Melee in the early stages when I thought forward smash spamming Marths were unbeatable. Because I was new to the game (and very familiar with SSB64), I didn't think it would have any depth. Not to mention I thought it was a horrible game because Pikachu was nerfed terribly.

Again, I'm not praising Brawl's ability to have depth. I simply think just like every Smash game that has come out, it has potential. Just like every other Smash game, it takes time for that potential to be brought out to the open. My ONLY issue is people who have given Brawl the title of game for noobs at this point in time in Brawl's early metagame stages.

Top Bottom