• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I got Brawl and I easily played until 4 or 5 in the morning....online is pretty crappy actually due to

-Lag
-Time it takes to get a match going
-unkown settings/character you are facing prior to the match beginning

(I have not done friendlies though...just "with anyone"...but that sucked.)

The game is EASILY A LOT more fun with 3 or 4 people...without a doubt. The levels are better, the characters are VERY different..but I like the fact that it is now more true to its original roots on the N64.

If you LIVED off of Melee and loved that game times twenty million over N64...Brawl will be a true dissapointment. I like how there are new things to explore within each character..and everyone is not the EXACT same. Ex-marths dancing blade, pikachus pika thunder, Marios down B, Zeldas up smash, it feels different and I love that..new game...new things to learn.....explore. Every character is actually pretty good...I found that there are no characters that SUCK.Ones i like-Pikachu, marth, PT, pit, Mario, ike, (for 4 people) ness, lucas, link, game and w, sonic, ( a bit of a dissapointment tho) kirby....they are all good and fun to be!

The comboing has definitely been toned down as well, but I like that as well...because now it takes more skill to get a combo off...melee was tooooo easy and predictable. (oh heres a falco....wheres the pillaring? Marth-fair all day, mewtwo-bair till the end of the level, Game-neutral B to f or n air) In place of the combo ability...it looks like knockback for moves has been increased which is also cool.

I think that melee CURRENTLY is definitely more competetive and has a lot more depth to it...but I would not count Brawl out yet at all. I also can understand how people say "2p matches get boring quickly.." okay...that is true..but 3-4 people is better than melee for sure! The levels bring so much more to the table...interact more...more colorful (delfino)...more obstacles, (mushroomy) ins and outs, (warioware) turns, (orpheon) and powerful things to dodge (spear pillar)...in melee the worst was the metroid levels..thats about it. Also, I like how the matches are a lot longer and I respect the fact that Marths quick KO's ar enow gone....I'll get a tip and expect that KO at 60% or lower and I kind of like the fact that his tip ability has been degraded....it gets rid of everyones complaints.

The levels and characters in Brawl own melee by far....gameplay will get better as we learn more and more about the game. I respect both angles that people take when viewing this game...its a love or hate game. I love it.....friend code anyone????

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i hate when ppl generalize melee..........predictable and easy yup thats why I'm pro.

you should just talk about how u like brawl, because ur talk about melee made me wanna kill kittens(but not chris's kitten because hes a lulcat)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
PC and prince of fire get it you guys should talk to scar and maybe he'll pull that melee disc out his ***
The purpose of my post earlier was to point out that you're posting like a weenie, which is completely unnecessary. There's no need to insult anybody over this. posting things like "stop living in the past because my opinion is the correct one" "pull the melee disc out of his ***"

I mean, really. We're all smashers here. let's be nice.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I got Brawl and I easily played until 4 or 5 in the morning....online is pretty crappy actually due to

-Lag
-Time it takes to get a match going
-unkown settings/character you are facing prior to the match beginning

(I have not done friendlies though...just "with anyone"...but that sucked.)

The game is EASILY A LOT more fun with 3 or 4 people...without a doubt. The levels are better, the characters are VERY different..but I like the fact that it is now more true to its original roots on the N64.

If you LIVED off of Melee and loved that game times twenty million over N64...Brawl will be a true dissapointment. I like how there are new things to explore within each character..and everyone is not the EXACT same. Ex-marths dancing blade, pikachus pika thunder, Marios down B, Zeldas up smash, it feels different and I love that..new game...new things to learn.....explore. Every character is actually pretty good...I found that there are no characters that SUCK.Ones i like-Pikachu, marth, PT, pit, Mario, ike, (for 4 people) ness, lucas, link, game and w, sonic, ( a bit of a dissapointment tho) kirby....they are all good and fun to be!

The comboing has definitely been toned down as well, but I like that as well...because now it takes more skill to get a combo off...melee was tooooo easy and predictable. (oh heres a falco....wheres the pillaring? Marth-fair all day, mewtwo-bair till the end of the level, Game-neutral B to f or n air) In place of the combo ability...it looks like knockback for moves has been increased which is also cool.

I think that melee CURRENTLY is definitely more competetive and has a lot more depth to it...but I would not count Brawl out yet at all. I also can understand how people say "2p matches get boring quickly.." okay...that is true..but 3-4 people is better than melee for sure! The levels bring so much more to the table...interact more...more colorful (delfino)...more obstacles, (mushroomy) ins and outs, (warioware) turns, (orpheon) and powerful things to dodge (spear pillar)...in melee the worst was the metroid levels..thats about it. Also, I like how the matches are a lot longer and I respect the fact that Marths quick KO's ar enow gone....I'll get a tip and expect that KO at 60% or lower and I kind of like the fact that his tip ability has been degraded....it gets rid of everyones complaints.

The levels and characters in Brawl own melee by far....gameplay will get better as we learn more and more about the game. I respect both angles that people take when viewing this game...its a love or hate game. I love it.....friend code anyone????
I don't know how you're trying to prove that Brawl can be competitive when the point you're pushing is that the game is more suited for free for alls. ~ explain plz ;-;

I don't think any of us have said that we downright hate the game, either... just it doesn't seem like it could be as good as a competitive game as melee was, at least for 1v1s..

Teams is still super good, in my opinion <.<

As far as the combo and skill parts of the game, swiftbass covers that >.>

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXJ1hVyFJg

afk coin collection method, i was bored ^

doing stuff the slow way atm, wee, i don't want to squander stickers in SSE, but i def wanna use them >.>

as for my thoughts on brawl...it feels wonderful to be a scrub again. my buddy who was basically hopeless in melee has been trading wins with me the last 12 hours. his bowser is silly good. i'm enjoi'ing myself in any event. but i kill myself often with the new aerial dodges >.>

i'm glad marth doesn't suck. but for some reason i can't get toon link >.>.

hi guys

Cort

Apple Head
I remember how, back in the day, I only intended esticle to be a three part series. How stupid was I?
stupidly stupid
lol I'm still hitting L after every aerial >_>

Cort is a spoil sport

If any of you get a request from Ryan it's me
why r i spoil sport?

Papito, I'll be playing whatever everyone else is playing or wants to play. It's just painfully easy to see that Brawl is a horrible and shallow game competitively compared to Melee.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Silas your vid is unavailable.

Cort you are a dirty spoily sport cuz you are pooping on the game and don't even watch SSE cutscenes (which is especially weird if you don't like the gameplay). Any HRC strats? I stayed up after midnight when I got it until like 4:30am messing with hrc

Cort

Apple Head
SSE is boring as shiit, even with cutscenes. They just make the game take longer >_>

I'll probably watch some of the ending cutscenes if it makes you feel any better, Cog.

edit// Have you even gotten to the maze part? >_< Aside from completely ruining SSE (somehow), it's horrible.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Cort...You really think you are something special dont you? You are the biggest hyprocrite on here...You must contradict yourself all the time between posts. "Brawl S***" "Brawl is AWESOME for multi man." But yet you go make this uber quick post as soon as you play the game in excitement and critique every little bit of it....You love the game too Plus, i'm sure you bought the game just like everyone else at midnight...so stop being a jerk just to be a jerk.

In regards to brawls competetive play all I have to say is-The melee we know now...was not the melee it was at first.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
SSE is boring as shiit, even with cutscenes. They just make the game take longer >_>

I'll probably watch some of the ending cutscenes if it makes you feel any better, Cog.

edit// Have you even gotten to the maze part? >_< Aside from completely ruining SSE (somehow), it's horrible.
*shrug* ok. I like it.

Nah no maze yet, I'll look out for it. or something

EDIT: PoF how old are you?

Aesir

Smash Master
Cort...You really think you are something special dont you? You are the biggest hyprocrite on here...You must contradict yourself all the time between posts. "Brawl S***" "Brawl is AWESOME for multi man." But yet you go make this uber quick post as soon as you play the game in excitement and critique every little bit of it....You love the game too Plus, i'm sure you bought the game just like everyone else at midnight...so stop being a jerk just to be a jerk.

When did Cort say Brawl is ****? I've been the one who's been saying "**** Brawl". Don't see how you could even get me and Cort confused.

Brawl is pretty awesome for doubles.

Who didn't get it at midnight? except for me LOL I still can't find a wii =\

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or is it that half of the people who post for brawl are just wastes of space? Srsly, I never thought i'd see the day where I would rather read something AESIR (no offense Demetri) posted than read half of the crap you guys are talking about. I have decided to skip every post by Papito and Prince of Fire, so essentially all I read is PC, Cort, Brookman Darc, Dazwa, Nus, V, Milktea, Sleepyk and anything posted by a 4 sword member or honorary member....and Swiftbass (cause he's the man)...

Just as a side note, Prince of Fire, your posts aren't Pro-Brawl as much as they are Anti-Cort...i don't think you have posted a single thing without mentioning him once...why don't you just ask him out and get it over with this 4th grade infatuation with Cort is immature and naughty and Lord knows what your parents would think!

"Cort you really think you are something special don't you" - Seems to me you think so too, since you constantly post and pm him, if i were you i'd take a nice healthy break from this thread till we all forget how much of a tool you are.

I think brawl may have its competitive moments, but those are to be seen later, its a fun game and it could grow, it may not have the competitive depth that melee has and thats fine it will still be fun and will grow.

I would go to a melee tournament or a brawl tournament, not because of the games but because of the people that go there and testing my own skill.

I love hanging out with everyone that posts in this thread that i have met at tournaments and have hung out with outside of this game....also brookman drinks beer like a champ....and most of you guys owe me melee matches (looking at you brookman, milktea, cort).....

i think we should all just drop the arguments and enjoy both games as long as we can before the real world swallows us and we need to get jobs and shiz...god....stop flaming eachother at the end of the day, you both suck at melee, and pros will still have a competitive edge in brawl...does it really matter which you lose in?

I <3 CT and as usually if you love the 'nip SHOW THE 'NIP SOME LOVE

-Yours in Christ and tons of Stitchfaces

Turnip

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
*isn't listed by turnip*

:'(

still no toon link, very depressing, can't seem to get jigs either >.>

so this one time, i had aj, and he was fuzzy, then, he did some cat like things. woohoo.

so, anyway, marth is the best character in brawl i think...he's like, the most untouched, as far as not being suck. i think his fair out of shield is the most amazing thing i've ever seen.

Khaly

Smash Cadet

In regards to brawls competetive play all I have to say is-The melee we know now...was not the melee it was at first.
actually, Cort downloaded a ripped copy.

shanus

Smash Hero
any of you CT/RI (<3) /MA folk want to hit up some online? PM me or somethin bout when is good

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Brawl is fun me thinks. I cant play it for like more than 2 hours at a time without getting bored though =/. If wifi didn't lag it'd be a lot better >_>. I think the best part of brawl for me is learning everything over again :) it feels good to be a noob haha but all in all SSB 64 >Melee > Barbie's Pony Adventure> Brawl. :(

Top Bottom